Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHIN' GOIN' ON  (Read 63267 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHIN' GOIN' ON
« Reply #210 on: March 04, 2007, 03:45:35 PM »

Will we never get to page eight?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #211 on: March 04, 2007, 03:45:37 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]* * * * *  GINGER-ALE VIBES FOR DR RLP  * * * * *[/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #212 on: March 04, 2007, 03:46:03 PM »

So it is spoken, so it shall be done - page eight.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #213 on: March 04, 2007, 03:46:47 PM »

There are still a few sausage links and pancakes leftover, so if anyone would like to come over...
;)

(wondering how to get Jose a high paying job in Atlanta...he would need a place to stay, and I have a piano...and a kitchen!)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #214 on: March 04, 2007, 03:47:46 PM »

Nude wine stomping?  Sounds like a fun DVD!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #215 on: March 04, 2007, 03:50:27 PM »

And I LOVED reading it! I love radio too. I also love Radio 2! You're right, the US radio is pretty uninspiring; that's why I started listening to short wave years ago. The internet has taken the place of that.

There is a radio station up in your parts that I do love: WFMU, which broadcasts from NJ. They play a lot of weird stuff and some fantastic stuff, especially on Irwin Chusid's show.

I would love to be on your list and will send you my email address. I look forward to hearing the show!

Same here Edi, I used to listen to shortwave avidly for years also. American radio tends to bore me however there are the rare occaisions that I will listen to it.  I tend to listen to the net more. One of hte local public radio stations connected to Minnesota Public Radio does broadcast the BBC worldservice at night.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #216 on: March 04, 2007, 03:51:06 PM »

Congrats Jose!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #217 on: March 04, 2007, 03:52:54 PM »

Edi, I have several stations on the net i like including Lyric FM from Ireland, BBC, ABC (Australia), Celt Radio and REnaissance Radio.

I love ot listen to the Proms on the BBC

WE also get a lot of Canadian stations and they have one for rural Manitoba the mixes a wide variety of music ranging from indigenous to show tunes... They play a lot of world type and light classical music. Very, very little Rock. The DJ that i listen to dispises it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 03:54:42 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #218 on: March 04, 2007, 03:55:45 PM »

I do have to give MN Public Radios kudos though, they do have a fantastic jazz program on Saturday evening.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #219 on: March 04, 2007, 03:56:12 PM »

The host a few weeks ago interviewed Wynton Marsalis.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #220 on: March 04, 2007, 03:58:45 PM »

Edi, have you listened to either CeltRadio or Renaissance radio?

Edisaurus

« Reply #221 on: March 04, 2007, 04:00:18 PM »

I would guess CATS is Feet of Clay

LOL, funny!!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #222 on: March 04, 2007, 04:00:23 PM »

ARe you familiar with Peter Oustrousko? He is a composer from MN. He is not bad and I have listened to a couple of his CDs. The local library has copies of them.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #223 on: March 04, 2007, 04:01:41 PM »

Commercial radio has way too much yakking and they play the same songs over and over and over again!

Edisaurus

« Reply #224 on: March 04, 2007, 04:02:56 PM »

And while we're on the topic of FOOD: seeing as how Paula Deen came up in discussion the other day, has anyone ever tried making her "Better Than Sex" cake?

My mother made me a cake called that years ago for my birthday. It seems to have different ingredients than this one. I told my mother I loved it, but inside I was thinking "this person obviously has never had really good sex!"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 04:52:58 PM by Edisaurus »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #225 on: March 04, 2007, 04:05:01 PM »

I did spend part of the weekend watching some lovely treats a freind of mine sent me from Australia... Several documentaries on Steve Irwin, some Rugby, Surfing/Life gaurd competitions, McLeod's Daughters, and a variety of other programs.

I also had some food treats including a very large Cadbury's chocolate bar, TimTam and vegemite. I was unsure if I would like the vegemite until I tried it. It is not too bad... Good on Crackers and cheese.

Edisaurus

« Reply #226 on: March 04, 2007, 04:05:38 PM »

They have a neat little area set up with a counter, bar stools and a strip of outlets so you can play on your computer and charge it all at the same time

That's better than getting charged for using the computer!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #227 on: March 04, 2007, 04:06:27 PM »

Amen!

Edisaurus

« Reply #228 on: March 04, 2007, 04:09:05 PM »

I've never seen The Fantasticks and only know a few of the songs. Am I still allowed to be a member of this group?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #229 on: March 04, 2007, 04:09:53 PM »

And the word of the day is: AMPHIGORY!
PRIM HOAGY?
MOHAIR GYP?
GIMPY HORA?

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Edisaurus

« Reply #230 on: March 04, 2007, 04:10:54 PM »

DR JoseSPiano, didn't mean to mislead, but when I typed New York, I meant the state, not the city!  I'm in Westchester, but only about a half hour out by train.

We drove through Westchester on our way to Boston last month. SO pretty!!

Edisaurus

« Reply #231 on: March 04, 2007, 04:11:48 PM »

I-29 just opened last night. Checking the IDOT website,

LOL...I read this as IDIOT website!

Edisaurus

« Reply #232 on: March 04, 2007, 04:13:19 PM »

I really can't wait to see the cats though. I haven't left them for this long in ages and Callie hasn't had one of her medications since I left. The vet thought it would be ok for 5 days and well, this is day 5, so I really want to be sure she's ok.  She won't let my cat sitter give her pills, but does let her give her the liquid

What kind of medication, Cillaliz?

Edisaurus

« Reply #233 on: March 04, 2007, 04:14:58 PM »

Gotcha.  Well, if you ever come into the city, I have some bakeries I'd like to show you.
;)

Is this some sort of...code?   ???  :o   ;D

Edisaurus

« Reply #234 on: March 04, 2007, 04:17:14 PM »

Well, just keep your eyes here on this board, as I suspect another HHW Eating and Walking and Eating and Walking Tour will be shaping up sometime in June.  And maybe even another one in October.
-With all the walking involved, it basically becomes a "negative calorie" activity.

Hence the "shaping up".

No walking tour @ March 30th when we premiere our film? I guess you'll be in the midst of your wonderful mystery gig.  :'(

Miss Karen

« Reply #235 on: March 04, 2007, 04:19:34 PM »

Ahh, a nice, relaxing "all about me" Sunday...

...In honor of DR Jose, I was going to post a photo of my current treat -- vanilla ice cream with this heavenly concoction of strawberries and balsemic vinegar mixture (something my little leprechaun came up with) -- in a golden chalice ----  but alas, I do not have the Holy Grail, no digital camera, and no chocolates wrapped in gold foil, nor a golden fig leaf to grace the top of the creation -- but it's the thought that counts, right?...so I'll just pretend my plain, white, ceramic bowl is indeed the Holy Grail fit for a HHW Goddess...

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #236 on: March 04, 2007, 04:21:06 PM »

Congratulations to DR Jose!! That's great news.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #237 on: March 04, 2007, 04:23:45 PM »

Happy Birthday, DR Panni Maria!!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Miss Karen

« Reply #238 on: March 04, 2007, 04:25:54 PM »

Congratulations to DR Jose!! That's great news.

Hey, that's what I was just getting ready to type ... all great minds, as they say...

If I knew how to do all that funky message stuff on this here contraption, I would post some cool graphic with a theme of 'Way to go, Jose!" .. but this post is the best I can do....

Edisaurus

« Reply #239 on: March 04, 2007, 04:26:20 PM »

I GOT THE CALL!!!

Fantastic!!! And you'll be working with Shuler Hensley, a Marietta boy!

I love Eartha Kitt in THE WILD PARTY.

What fun!!!! We will celebrate your good fortune while you're here!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Up