Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WORLD IS A CIRCLE  (Read 47752 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE WORLD IS A CIRCLE
« Reply #270 on: March 07, 2007, 04:24:12 PM »

Health vibes to Jane's Mother in law!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #271 on: March 07, 2007, 04:24:20 PM »

DR GINNY glad to see you back

Thanks, DR JRand!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #272 on: March 07, 2007, 04:27:09 PM »

How could they do it?  Marvel Comics killed off Captain America!
http://www.boston.com/yourlife/articles/2007/03/07/a_hero_dies

DR Jane, DC killed Superman about ten years ago and he came back.  It's just another one of Marvel's cheap stunts to increase sales.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #273 on: March 07, 2007, 04:29:42 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]* * * * *  PIECE OF CAKE SURGERY VIBES FOR DR JANE'S MOM-IN-LAW  * * * * *[/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #274 on: March 07, 2007, 04:31:56 PM »

How come I remember who Eric Lutes is, but not this other guy from that show that you all seem to like so much?

And whatever happend to Eric Lutes.

MBarnum

« Reply #275 on: March 07, 2007, 04:33:14 PM »

Yes, DR Musicguy is a gentleman and quite the tour guide! I enjoyed the drive around Hollywood and over the hill to the Brady Bunch house...oh, and the introduction to that wonderful, wonderful CAFE 101 (I think that was the name)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #276 on: March 07, 2007, 04:33:48 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vibes to DR Jane's mother-in-law!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #277 on: March 07, 2007, 04:35:22 PM »

Datkota & Dan (theMan) I appreciated the vibes.

Jane

« Reply #278 on: March 07, 2007, 04:36:20 PM »

DR Jane, DC killed Superman about ten years ago and he came back.  It's just another one of Marvel's cheap stunts to increase sales.

They insist this one is for real ;D

Jane

« Reply #279 on: March 07, 2007, 04:37:05 PM »

Thank you DR Laura and continued vibes for you.  I guess you haven’t found out anything new.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #280 on: March 07, 2007, 04:43:48 PM »

Yes, DR Musicguy is a gentleman and quite the tour guide! I enjoyed the drive around Hollywood and over the hill to the Brady Bunch house...oh, and the introduction to that wonderful, wonderful CAFE 101 (I think that was the name)

I think you are most fortunate to have befriended him and that he's so generous with showing you the sights and food of L.A.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #281 on: March 07, 2007, 04:45:37 PM »

CILLALIZ, you must be really blessed. EVERYTHING seems to be falling into place for you. I'm pleased for you, but am a bit CURIOUS as to how you do it. Is it the horoscopes you subscribe to? :)

Well it did say that anything is possible between the lunar eclipse and the solar eclipse, so I figured that was a good time to tell people I was making the big change

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #282 on: March 07, 2007, 04:49:21 PM »

How come I remember who Eric Lutes is, but not this other guy from that show that you all seem to like so much?

And whatever happend to Eric Lutes.

Eric had a wonderful guest appearance on "Frasier" before he began co-starring on "Caroline in the city".  He was the new station manager and was "out".  Roz had the scoop and wanted to let Frasier know, but Frasier (as was his habit) began waxing  on and on about him, so Roz allowed Frasier to innocently set up a date with the guy.

The whole dinner -- with Frasier, Daphne (whom Frasier thought he was helping by setting her up with the station manager), Martin and Niles.   A very, very funny episode....and one in which Daphne had some fun with a strapless dress and a wired bra that was priceless.

I'm not sure if you mean Malcolm Gets as the guy everyone remembers.  He was the meticulous, fussy, curly-haired blond guy who Caroline hired to color her comic strips.  He, of course, was a "serious" artist and was always snooty-snoots over stuff.  They did develop his character to fall in love with Caroline...but to have another girlfriend, too., etc., etc.

I wasn't fond of either lead.  Love the neighbor, loved Lutes as the boyfriend, and loved "Charlie", the messenger guy usually on rollerblades.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #283 on: March 07, 2007, 04:50:19 PM »

Ummm.....I've been watching the show all season. The point I was trying to make was how much they producers amped up the sleaze/ titillation factor in last night's episode. Much rawer and baser than in any previous episode - by a mile. And this on basic cable, not HBO.

Oh, I know what you meant, it's just the way it was written that made me chuckle, so I had to tease you about it

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #284 on: March 07, 2007, 04:51:09 PM »

Malcolm's a good guy!  Even if he still owes me his email address!

Feel free to give him mine! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #285 on: March 07, 2007, 04:53:57 PM »

They insist this one is for real ;D

In the DC/Marvel universe, there is always HOPE !

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #286 on: March 07, 2007, 04:55:07 PM »

Oh, I know what you meant, it's just the way it was written that made me chuckle, so I had to tease you about it

You know, I sometimes get taken aback at the profanity in "South Park"...even the F-word is occasionally uttered.  That's basic cable, too.

So..."Dirt" is going for an audience!

Cillaliz

« Reply #287 on: March 07, 2007, 05:01:45 PM »

Vibes to DR Jane's mother-in-law

George

« Reply #288 on: March 07, 2007, 05:09:17 PM »

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks -- that's the beautiful thing about theatre.

But the main question I have is:  In your brain, which Brain is better?  A New Brain or The Brain From Planet X?   Hmmmmmmmmm...?

That's too much like comparing apples and oranges.  I like them both.

I agree.  They are very different, but I love both recordings.  I've only seen a local production of A New Brain and it was pretty good.  I also love William Finn's writing style...and BK's!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #289 on: March 07, 2007, 05:10:07 PM »

~~~Surgery Vibes for DR Jane's Mother-In-Law!!~~~

Jane

« Reply #290 on: March 07, 2007, 05:12:26 PM »

Ron I think that was one of the funniest episodes of "Frasier"  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #291 on: March 07, 2007, 05:17:19 PM »

VIBES TO DEAR READER LAURA (we are all worried about you)

and

VIBES TO KEITH'S MOTHER
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #292 on: March 07, 2007, 05:17:21 PM »

NYC cast... However I would love to listen to the Paris cast someday.

Umm...DakotaCelt, you might want to listen to ANY other recording of Les Miz.  In my humble opinion (IMHO, in Internet lingo), the Broadway Marius is the worst of them all.  Otherwise, I love Judy Kuhn (who played Cossette...and BK recorded her solo album, which is wonderful) and the rest of the Broadway cast are very good.  

Also, there are actually two French recordings.  One is the original, original recording (usually listed as the "French Concept Album") from 1980 and the other is the subsequent Paris cast recording from 1991.  I'd read that when they were creating the original London production in 1985, about one-third of the English lyrics were direct translations of the French concept version, one-third were freely adapted and one-third were newly written.  Every other version and translation since then was based on the London production's English lyrics and not the original, original "Frence concept" version.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #293 on: March 07, 2007, 05:19:02 PM »

I was in the process of writing a post about a good friend's wife who underwent surgery on Monday, but............  I think I will save it for a different day.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #294 on: March 07, 2007, 05:31:35 PM »

My understanding of the situation is that the case went before the grand jury, and he was not indicted.

Jane

« Reply #295 on: March 07, 2007, 05:33:05 PM »

TCB-I don't mind if you post about the surgery, sweet of you to hesitate.  Is your friend's wife okay?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 05:35:43 PM by Jane »

Cillaliz

« Reply #296 on: March 07, 2007, 05:37:32 PM »

My understanding of the situation is that the case went before the grand jury, and he was not indicted.
It would be interesting to read that transcript. I wonder how they presented it and if they thought you and the other victim not identifying the same person was an issue.  (Or was he just not able to identify anyone?)

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #297 on: March 07, 2007, 05:46:53 PM »

It would be interesting to read that transcript. I wonder how they presented it and if they thought you and the other victim not identifying the same person was an issue.  (Or was he just not able to identify anyone?)

He identified one, but not the right guy. I have been wondering if that is the case, too.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 05:51:04 PM by DearReaderLaura »

singdaw

« Reply #298 on: March 07, 2007, 05:48:01 PM »

What's for dinner tonight, DR S. Woody White?

And, more importantly:  what time should we arrive?

Jane

« Reply #299 on: March 07, 2007, 05:50:41 PM »

DR Laura-Has your Minister inquired from the “animal” club if the man has moved on?  If not maybe he could do so.  Did the club apologize for the “incident”?

I missed the part where the other person didn't I.D. him.  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up