Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: WRITTEN ON THE WIND  (Read 43815 times)

Miss Karen

Re:WRITTEN ON THE WIND
« Reply #240 on: March 15, 2007, 01:33:50 PM »

Okay, ERG!!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #241 on: March 15, 2007, 01:34:25 PM »

shameless posts ...

A Murphy specialty?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Miss Karen

« Reply #242 on: March 15, 2007, 01:34:46 PM »

The Page 9 Erg Jig for DR Der Brucer!!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #243 on: March 15, 2007, 01:35:11 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]* * * * *  TRAVEL VIBES FOR DC HEATHER  * * * * *[/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Miss Karen

« Reply #244 on: March 15, 2007, 01:35:35 PM »

A Murphy specialty?

der Brucer

Erg!  (..a der Brucer specialty)...

Miss Karen

« Reply #245 on: March 15, 2007, 01:37:19 PM »

Erg on, der Brucer... me and my shameless posts are outta here for now...

DERBRUCER

« Reply #246 on: March 15, 2007, 01:41:00 PM »

The house special I used to serve after-dinner:

VELVET HAMMER

A tall glass concoction of Brandy, Creme de Cocoa, Grand Marnier and softened Vanilla Ice Cream, served with fresh grated nutmeg on top.

The pre-prandial special was an

OLD FASHION

(made with special fruit I had marinated for weeks in 100 proof Bourbon)

der Brucer

And if you have the sterling silver cups, I make a mean Mint Julep!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #247 on: March 15, 2007, 01:44:04 PM »

DR Jose, from 2 days ago:

Thanks for the hotel recommendation. I'm going to check and see if they have anything available. Another one I noticed close by the theatre is the Larchmont. It involves sharing a bath but I don't mind (as long as it's not at the same time!)

Picky, picky, picky.

I've stayed in hotels where no one bothers to knock--they just walk in!
I do appreciate a private bath!

Ben

« Reply #248 on: March 15, 2007, 01:47:01 PM »

The Larchmont is very close to the Quad. Larchmont is on 11th between 5th & 6th Avenues and the Quad is on 13th between 5th and 6th Avenues.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #249 on: March 15, 2007, 01:48:43 PM »

Louis Vuitton
Limited Edition
$45,352

der Brucer
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 01:52:55 PM by DERBRUCER »

Ben

« Reply #250 on: March 15, 2007, 01:51:37 PM »

Next Thursday we will indulge and go see Johnny Guitar at Chelsea Cinemas (where dreams come true, hosted by the lovely Hedda Lettuce). It's only $6.50 and you get a floor show and a chance to win door prizes. It's at 7pm. What more could you ask for???

For those of you unfamiliar with Johnny Guitar here is the description from Chelsea Cinemas Web site:

THURSDAY, March 22nd 7pm

Johnny Guitar (1954)

Women strap on six-guns in Nicholas Ray’s gender-bending western. A guitar-playing loner Johnny "Guitar" Logan (Sterling Hayden) wanders into a small town feud between lovelorn saloon owner Vienna (Joan Crawford) and Emma Small (Mercedes McCambridge), the town's resident lynch mobleading harpy. This fascinating cult favorite has had film theorists arguing for decades: is it a parody, a political McCarthy-era allegory, or Freudian exercise? The off-screen battles of the two female stars are equally legendary.

Directed by: Nicholas Ray
Genre: Western
Running Time: 110 min
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 01:53:32 PM by Ben »

Jennifer

« Reply #251 on: March 15, 2007, 01:52:32 PM »

RE: the new show tonight RAINES.

For some reason i thought it was supposed to be a cross between MEDIUM and GHOST WHISPERER.  But apparently he has no psychic ability at all.  He merely has hallucinations.  Although i'm curious if these hallucination reveals turn out to have some sort of accurate information.

I don't think i'll watch today. But i think it's repeated tomorrow (it will be on fridays). So i may catch it then.

I think i will try the ABC one, OCTOBER ROAD. Sounds more like my cup of tea.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #252 on: March 15, 2007, 01:56:26 PM »

I've stayed in hotels where no one bothers to knock--they just walk in!

It's called a Bathhouse!

der Brucer

Jennifer

« Reply #253 on: March 15, 2007, 01:58:05 PM »

Chris' "sucky performance"?  Aside from the fact that he has the best voice among ALL the males, his performance was, to me, the LEAST "sucky" of all the men.

Sanjaya was a mincing fool; Blake was anything but good in that twitching, embarrassingly performed song. His vocals were, bar none, the weakest of the night, IMO...even compared to Sanjaya's wacko-jacko impersonation. Chris Richardson's vocals were on a par with Blake's...sadly lacking in range and projection.

Apart from Phil and Chris Sligh, the men are the bottom of the pile and very expendable in this SINGING COMPETITION.

I normally like Chris S. a lot.  But i thought the way he changed his song was quite bad. And I thought that coupled with the judges harsh comments might land him in trouble.

And these are only your opinions.  I happened to love blake's arrangement. And thought he was very good on tuesday.  He is the most original interesting performer to me.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #254 on: March 15, 2007, 02:03:30 PM »

Louis Vuitton
Limited Edition
$45,352

der Brucer

I've heard of $45,000 handbags before. To me, this is absolutely obscene!!
WHO would buy and carry such a thing?

Jennifer

« Reply #255 on: March 15, 2007, 02:03:32 PM »

I think having three guys in the bottom three last night was a clear indication of where the talent lies with this edition of AMERICAN IDOL. The guys just don't have it though I find Phil better than he's been given credit for being, and certainly understand the appeal of Blake's and Chris Richardson's looks and potential marketability. I know that IDOL always keeps that in mind; how else to explain how some of these folks got into the semifinals.

I agree that the major talent is lakisha and melinda.  But i had a strong feeling the guys were going to be at the bottom (as the girls were getting twice the amount of votes as the guys).

I would be curious to know how haley fit into the mix. Because i thought she was probably the weakest of the women.  And actually there are a few women i am not crazy about.  And a few guys i am crazy about.

Btw, here is that site that encourages people to vote for the worst. It's quite funny:
http://www.votefortheworst.com/

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #256 on: March 15, 2007, 02:05:48 PM »

It's called a Bathhouse!

der Brucer

No, this was a cheap hotel somewhere in Europe. One of many...

Jennifer

« Reply #257 on: March 15, 2007, 02:08:48 PM »

Yep definitely no LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA for a 5 year old!

I'm not even sure if you would like it, although the production is quite lovely. But it's quite heavy musical theatre!  It was on PBS, you should watch it.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #258 on: March 15, 2007, 02:10:07 PM »

Louis Vuitton
Limited Edition
$45,352

It is cute.  I would need a more comfortable, fabric style, shoulder strap before spending that much on a purse.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #259 on: March 15, 2007, 02:10:28 PM »

Speaking of cheap European hotels, there was this little mom and pop hotel I stayed in once in Padua, Italy. They had the MOST WONDERFUL hot chocolate!!! It was like liquid fudge! Oh, my!! I've NEVER tasted anything like it before or since. But, of course, there was NO hot water in the shower--only icy cold. This California girl had to wash her hair in ice cold water for the first time. Brrr! I still truly appreciate hot water.

Jennifer

« Reply #260 on: March 15, 2007, 02:11:57 PM »

As for "America's Next Top Model"...

That poor girl who had her new hair-do "reversed" after already sitting in the chair for eight hours... Ouch!  However, the photos taken after the makeover were quite nice, but I didn't really dig the "candy" photos.

I like this show!

At least by Tyra making fun of them we didn't get as much whining as usual.

I do think that going from long hair to having to cut it all off is quite cruel.

But the worst has to be those hair weaves. Are you telling me that there was no hairstyle they could have possibly done with the same length of hair???

And do these things ever stop hurting? I can see if it hurts while it's being done. But that girl said it was killing days later. I would not be able to deal with that.

Jane

« Reply #261 on: March 15, 2007, 02:12:46 PM »

LOL-I can just picture it now...."honey look what I purchased today, don't you just love it?"

Jane

« Reply #262 on: March 15, 2007, 02:14:51 PM »

Long hair & only cold water to wash it in.  I have been there. :(

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #263 on: March 15, 2007, 02:15:06 PM »

It is cute.  I would need a more comfortable, fabric style, shoulder strap before spending that much on a purse.

BUT YOU WOULD???

Don't mean to pick on you, Jane. I just can't fathom spending that much on a handbag. it's the price of a new car--a nice car!! And think of how many CDs and DVDs you could buy...Talk about lots of Amazon orders! Kritzerland, too! Maybe even enough money for that documentary EDI was talking about...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #264 on: March 15, 2007, 02:18:13 PM »

The house special I used to serve after-dinner:

VELVET HAMMER

A tall glass concoction of Brandy, Creme de Cocoa, Grand Marnier and softened Vanilla Ice Cream, served with fresh grated nutmeg on top.

I once had a Velvet Hammer in a St. Petersburg FL establishment, circa 1970.  Any time I asked for one in other places, no one knew how to make 'em.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #265 on: March 15, 2007, 02:18:26 PM »

RE: last night's LOST.

SPOILERS

I really liked it and was glad that kate/sayid/locke finally made it to The Others camp by the end.  I've enjoyed their trek very much. But i want to find out what happened with jack.

And yes that ending was pretty surprising. I definitely liked it. Although no previews for me. That decision has worked out very well spoiler wise.

I wonder if jack is either a) brainwashed or b) pretending to blend in so he can the upperhand.

Regardless the look on kate's face was priceless.

I thought locke throwing the eye patch guy over the sensor was quite jarring.  ANd surprising.  Not sure why locke did that. Maybe it was because of what eye patch guy had been about to tell the group before he was interupted. I had just assumed he was going to say that john had been in a wheelchair.

It was interesting to see claire with dark hair. My gosh she looks so much better as a blonde.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #266 on: March 15, 2007, 02:21:21 PM »

DR MATT - my Lucy-Desi hasn't arrived.  But may I suggest the Tallulah Bankhead OR Danny Thomas episodes!

I'll comment more on them in a minute, but I decided I'd watch them from beginning to end and not scramble up the sequence, to get more of an idea of what audiences at the time got to see.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #267 on: March 15, 2007, 02:23:11 PM »

Back from the jog, and have now written three pages - I'll definitely do at least one more, maybe two.   My allergies are bothering me today.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #268 on: March 15, 2007, 02:23:59 PM »

The Tallulah episode has hilarious things, mainly all of Tallulah's stuff.  This was the episode where I noticed that Lucy's stuff was beginning to seem a little tired.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #269 on: March 15, 2007, 02:24:18 PM »

And these are only your opinions.  I happened to love blake's arrangement. And thought he was very good on tuesday.  He is the most original interesting performer to me.

Jennifer, thank you so much for clarifying for me what my opinions are.  

I hope you will note that I never made any claim that MY OPINIONS were anyone else's.  

Indeed, I wish to assure you that I take your opinions at face value as being only YOUR opinions, as well.

I can assure you I hold the same regard for your opinions as you do mine.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 02:44:18 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up