Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DONUT KING  (Read 53083 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE DONUT KING
« Reply #270 on: March 26, 2007, 02:28:26 PM »

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide][size=8] Page 10[/size][/shadow]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #271 on: March 26, 2007, 02:29:07 PM »

Dang....that was tough.   I don't know if my system is slow or what?  But in between posts, I had a blank screen for about 15-20 seconds each time.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #272 on: March 26, 2007, 02:29:57 PM »

Yes, I found giving Eva yet ANOTHER song to sing in the movie ("Another SUitcase") was ridiculous, especially since she got that song written for the movie that won the Oscar ("You Must Love Me").
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #273 on: March 26, 2007, 02:37:19 PM »

I began my afternoon with last night's WITHOUT A TRACE. It continued the story concerning Samantha's long estranged sister with backstory we had never been given before. Interesting, convoluted family history and a good episode.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #274 on: March 26, 2007, 02:37:46 PM »

DR Cillaliz - your industry exhausts me!  :):)

Yeah! That's what I keep saying!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #275 on: March 26, 2007, 02:38:52 PM »

bk, a sequel to this morning's email awaits you...

Matt H.

« Reply #276 on: March 26, 2007, 02:39:01 PM »

Next, I watched Thursday's night's SCRUBS which ended up being the first of a two parter. The plot revolved around the idea of faith and proof, having something to believe in whether there's tangible evidence of its existence or not. OK episode, but while it was less silly than usual, it was also less funny, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #277 on: March 26, 2007, 02:41:38 PM »

Next, I put on THE WILD WILD WEST and watched the second episode in the set, "The Night of the GOlden Cobra." The guest star was Boris Karloff, and while the story had really bad plot holes and was rather sloppily written, we got an entire opening scene with Robert COnrad going shirtless, always spectacular to see and made more so now in superb color.

As tonight is rather bereft of worthwhile things to watch for me apart from '24,' I'll finish off the other two episodes on this first disc by the end of the evening.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #278 on: March 26, 2007, 02:41:50 PM »

I have laundry to do too!  I did drop off 6 garbage bags of clothes at Goodwill this noon.  No turning back on any of them now.  And I'm going to finish cleaning my bedroom. With all those clothes out of the way the rest fit in the closets and cleaning will be a snap!

My closets were full the day I moved in.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #279 on: March 26, 2007, 02:43:05 PM »

I have laundry to do too!  I did drop off 6 garbage bags of clothes at Goodwill this noon.  No turning back on any of them now.  And I'm going to finish cleaning my bedroom. With all those clothes out of the way the rest fit in the closets and cleaning will be a snap!

Which Goodwill do you use, CILLALIZ? Sounds like some good shopping.

Matt H.

« Reply #280 on: March 26, 2007, 02:43:49 PM »

I concluded my afternoon with excerpts from THERE'S NO BUSINESS LIKE SHOW BUSINESS. I watched several of the big musical numbers to revel in the color: "Alexander's Ragtime Band" has a raibow of color motifs that really pop on well calibrated sets, "Heat Wave" is glorious, and the finale pulls out all the stops jamming what seems to be hundreds of people on that soundstage that's doubling for the Hippodrome.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 02:44:06 PM by Matt H. »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #281 on: March 26, 2007, 02:46:33 PM »

Jose was here and saved Skip and my mental health by hooking the internet to our new computer, which was a task beyond us.  He also helped me put up the "separated at birth" avatar of me looking like Ron Pulliam's long-lost brother.

lol.

Ginny

« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2007, 03:20:03 PM »

Oh, DR Ben has a new avatar, too!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #283 on: March 26, 2007, 03:24:28 PM »

Full Monty update:

Cason called the theatre this morning with his "thank you" call (great idea by our resident Miss Manners -- Miss Patti) and talked with one the producer/owners -- and it's roller coaster time again: some of the cast has been cast, some haven't -- (what's with these theatre folks anywhoo, they're sooo dramatic -- can't they give any straight answers?! -- and don't they know I'm trying to finish my study packet and can't handle all these distractions? ...)  

The director should have his final decisions by the afternoon....start up those vibes again....geesh maneesh...

Yeah, I ended up calling under the guise of the "thank you" follow-up (not really a guise, but as my way to lead in to asking about casting), and at first the producer couldn't find his wife, who had all of the casting stuff...then he came back and asked what particular character I had read for...and then after he went back again to find his wife, he came back and told me that "All of the roles have not been cast, but that the director should be making final decisions by this afternoon...and that's all I can tell you."  Then he gave that little "I'm being cleverly ambiguous" laugh and we said our good-byes...

So, at this point, I don't know if he was just being crazy or if he was doing a big wink in my direction...

And at this point, I don't care -- I just wanna know one way or the other!  ::)
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #284 on: March 26, 2007, 03:24:35 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Continued vibes to Cason. Goodness, he must really be on edge, being kept on hold like this!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #285 on: March 26, 2007, 03:25:33 PM »

But keep those good vibes rollin'!  We may be onto something now that my very conservative grandmother has stopped sending out her "I don't want Cason performing if he has to take his clothes off" vibes when my dad told her last night that I most likely didn't get it...
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Cillaliz

« Reply #286 on: March 26, 2007, 03:27:39 PM »

Vibes to Cason~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #287 on: March 26, 2007, 03:28:53 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Continued vibes to Cason. Goodness, he must really be on edge, being kept on hold like this!

What?!  ME?!  ON EDGE?!?!  

Never....... :o

Cillaliz

« Reply #288 on: March 26, 2007, 03:29:53 PM »

I have managed to accomplish nothing here today at the office. Go figure. It's 80 degrees out and I'm sitting here with no deadlines until sometime next week when I get back from Atlanta. Plus, I'm already at the point where I won't be finishing many of the cases I have anyway. It's a bit difficult for me to get all excited about someone's case when I'm just going to hand it off to someone else.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #289 on: March 26, 2007, 03:30:37 PM »

Have written five pages - that may be it unless I get inspired before or after tonight's meeting.  Mr. Nick Redman will be coming by at some point soon and I hope he's up for grabbing a spot of lunch.  I have a real hankerin' for a Pastrami sandwich.

Ginny

« Reply #290 on: March 26, 2007, 03:31:20 PM »

Continued Monty vibes to DR Cason!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #291 on: March 26, 2007, 03:34:01 PM »

But keep those good vibes rollin'!  We may be onto something now that my very conservative grandmother has stopped sending out her "I don't want Cason performing if he has to take his clothes off" vibes when my dad told her last night that I most likely didn't get it...

Oh, dear, the relatives can sometimes be trying. As an actor, one is called on to do many things one wouldn't ordinarily do in real life. Some folks just don't get it, bless their little hearts . . . .

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #292 on: March 26, 2007, 03:35:03 PM »

I'll be trying something different, regarding dinner for tonight.

When people fry chicken, the chicken is cut into pieces.

When turkey is fried, and it's a fad these days that requires a huge pot filled with oil and is done outside (and can be very dangerous), the turkey is fried whole.

Why?

I mean, really, is it all about being able to present the turkey at the table, whole, so the head of the family can pull this production number (a la "Be Our Guest") in carving the bird?

What's kicking this into gear is a trip to the store a couple of nights ago, where der B found a couple of turkey thighs and decided he wanted me to cook up said thighs for dinner sometime soon.

So, isn't it logical that frying said thighs would work, just like frying chicken?

The Lee Bros. Southern Cookbook has a very simple dredge recipe, and instructions for frying chicken with said dredge.  Seems to me that substituting one bird for the other should work.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #293 on: March 26, 2007, 03:35:58 PM »

Oh, dear, the relatives can sometimes be trying. As an actor, one is called on to do many things one wouldn't ordinarily do in real life. Some folks just don't get it, bless their little hearts . . . .

Yeah, it just made me laugh about her sending out those voiding vibes.  Family -- gotta love 'em!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #294 on: March 26, 2007, 03:36:31 PM »

She just doesn't want everyone else to see the glories she saw when she was bathing you as a baby!

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #295 on: March 26, 2007, 03:36:43 PM »

Thank you all for the continued vibes -- I guess I need to find something to do -- a watched phone never rings...

Cillaliz

« Reply #296 on: March 26, 2007, 03:36:45 PM »

Which Goodwill do you use, CILLALIZ? Sounds like some good shopping.

LOL, it wouldn't be worth the drive to Sioux City to see the stuff.  Actually there isn't much that was that great. This was getting rid of lots of sweatshirts, sweaters that I've had for years, things like that...nothing that still had tags on it

Matt H.

« Reply #297 on: March 26, 2007, 03:49:09 PM »

I'm heading down now to clean the dining room and finish reading ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY magazine.

Also, my mail had not arrived as of 4 p.m. Time to check to see if that has also finally gotten here.

WBBL.

Michael

« Reply #298 on: March 26, 2007, 03:53:40 PM »

Does anyone have the CD of The Robber Bridegroom?
if you do can you post the track listing as they are heard in the show? There are 6 extra tracks at the end that they didn't bother to put them in the proper position.
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #299 on: March 26, 2007, 03:54:00 PM »

One item that isn't going to find it's way into my kitchen very soon is the anti-griddle.

I mean, it's a "cool" gadget, I guess, but unless I was working at Cold Stone Creamery, I don't see why I'd need one.

Not to mention the price!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Up