Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: ABSINTHE MAKES THE HEART GROW FONDER  (Read 43262 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:ABSINTHE MAKES THE HEART GROW FONDER
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2007, 02:39:58 PM »

Has anybody heard anything about the new show on FOX called DRIVE? It starts on sunday (although it is on in canada this friday).

I can't tell if it is part reality show or what?

No, it is a dramatic show starring the incredibly handsome okay, nice looking, Nathan Fillian.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 02:41:57 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2007, 02:41:44 PM »

I finished out the afternoon with DR. KILDARE'S CRISIS. I have never seen any of the Dr. Kildare/MGM series films with Lew Ayres though I've read about them for years and knew the characters before I ever saw this today. This would have served as a mediocre episode of the hour TV show stretched out to 75 minutes for this movie. Lionel Barrymore overacted like crazy; Ayres and Laraine Day were fine as Jimmy and Mary. Also a pleasure to see Nat Pendleton. In this film, Mary's brother was played by Robert Young, a future doctor himself, at least on TV.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2007, 02:42:25 PM »

No, it is a dramatic show starring the incredibly handsome okay, nice looking, Nathan Fillian.

And the incredibly handsome Nathan was in the IDOL audience last night with the rest of the cast of the show.

MBarnum

« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2007, 02:50:53 PM »

MattH, did you pick up the new release of the early Jeff Richards film KILL THE UMPIRE? I have yet to find a copy (it is a double bill with SAFE AT HOME) in my area.

I am thinking that Jeff Richards in a baseball uniform will be quite nice...and Jeff Richards in a locker room scene will be even nicer.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2007, 02:51:43 PM »

I have yet to find any live theater that I want to attend during my visit, mainly because most everthing only plays Friday and Saturdays and those two days will find me wandering around the ballroom of the Burbank Marriott chatting up people like Erik Estrada, Henry Winkler, and Traci Lords.

I thought the Court show closed at 5:00 or 6:00.  Or are you planning some after-hour events with Mr. Estrada, Mr. Winkler, or Ms. Lords?
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #185 on: April 11, 2007, 02:56:15 PM »

To beat a dead horse, i almost forgot to mention one of my favorite (and I guess the most obvious) Kander & Ebb "PoPo" songs:

MusicGuy just pats 'em all
Underneath the mirrored ball
And the neon sign keeps flashing:  PoPo's

Popo's not around today
But still it's PoPo's anyway
He left that in his popolicious will

(you can just fill in the rest if you're inclined :) )

Soon to be Sucessful Broadway writer, Bob Merrill really did write a Popo song - for Guy Mitchell

"Feet Up pat him on the PO-PO"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #186 on: April 11, 2007, 02:59:04 PM »

EVERYONE ought to have a lesbian!

:)

I have a lesbian...my best friend Margo! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #187 on: April 11, 2007, 02:59:08 PM »

And the word of the day is: MACEDOINE!
Knowing she would refuse to take her medicine in a straightforward way, Mr. Kettle slipped MA CODEINE in a MACEDOINE of cucumbers, kumquats and crab apple.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #188 on: April 11, 2007, 03:02:57 PM »

Hello.  I can't stay-hope I haven't missed any important news and all is well.  I still have tons to do before I leave Friday morning, and no time to do it.  

Sherlock is recovering & handling the change in his anatomy well.  He just needs constant watching again.

I most likely won't be posting again until Tuesday.  Have a great weekend.

George

« Reply #189 on: April 11, 2007, 03:14:15 PM »

I think my house needs painting.

WHY DID I BUY A CONDO??  Of course, if they paint inside, the heat has to be turned up so that the paint will dry faster...which means the painters must wear less clothes to keep cool. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #190 on: April 11, 2007, 03:17:14 PM »

It was a dreamy experience - we all just came together, did the work, and went home.  The director and I really bonded, and Philip Bosco was wild and wooly during lunch.  I would have done more plays, but, you know...

BK, do you have any interest in recording plays on Kritzerland?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #191 on: April 11, 2007, 03:18:54 PM »

I have had an interesting day.

At about eight-thirty, der Brucer and I were awakened by a telephone call, which our answering machine picked up.  "Hello, Stephen?  It's Danielle.  Can you come in to work today?  Give us a call as soon as you can."

"You'd better get that," der B suggested.

I called, and found that our cart wrangler, Andre, had called out.  Sure, I'd be glad to come in and help.  I told Danielle that I'd be there as quick as I could.

I quickly showered and dressed, and was at the store by nine.  That was when we found that Andre had not called out, but had called to say that he would be late.  There had been a jumble of communications.  Someone else had called out.

That someone was Fran, who works in the produce department.  He had the flu, leaving Jack, the produce manager, without an assistant and a large stack of orders to place.  Would Jack like someone to help?  He most certainly would!

So I spent my day moving produce from our refrigerated stock room out onto the floor, and into their appropriate bins.  In the process, I got to help customers with their questions ("Where are your prunes?"  "What is arrugula?"  "Aren't the strawberries still on sale for $1.49 a pound?"  "Are you completely out of limes?"  Aisle four, on the left.  It's a spicy and bitter herb that is used in salads.  I'm so sorry, that sale ended on Sunday, and yes, they are delicious.  Yes, I'm afraid that we are out of the regular limes, but we have the smaller Key limes in these bags, if you're willing to substitute.) and survived a few jokes from both co-workers and regular customers who were surprised to find me away from the registers.

I also discovered that I do not like blueberries.  The flimsy little plastic jewel boxes that they are sold in tend to slip when stacked, and before you can say "oops" I'm on my knees trying to pick up the rolling, bouncing critters before anyone steps on them.

However, Jack was appreciative that I didn't require a lot of supervision, letting him tend to his ordering.

My back may ache tomorrow, of course, since I've been using a few muscles in ways they normally don't get used, but it was worth it.

And that's how my day at work was spent.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #192 on: April 11, 2007, 03:21:50 PM »

Hello all........

.............my neck is feeling peculiar and "cricky" and I don't like it at all.......

......................I'm trying to decide if i should vomit on the ground.....

....maybe I will just go attend to a couple of errands.

G'Bye all...................

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #193 on: April 11, 2007, 03:28:19 PM »

I have had an interesting day.

So I spent my day moving produce from our refrigerated stock room out onto the floor, and into their appropriate bins.  In the process, I got to help customers with their questions ("Where are your prunes?"  "What is arrugula?"  "Aren't the strawberries still on sale for $1.49 a pound?"  "Are you completely out of limes?"  Aisle four, on the left.  It's a spicy and bitter herb that is used in salads.  I'm so sorry, that sale ended on Sunday, and yes, they are delicious.  Yes, I'm afraid that we are out of the regular limes, but we have the smaller Key limes in these bags, if you're willing to substitute.) and survived a few jokes from both co-workers and regular customers who were surprised to find me away from the registers.

And was it your co-workers or your regular customers who were most surprised to find you around the fruit?
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #194 on: April 11, 2007, 03:33:32 PM »

...I would have finished yesterday, but whilst cutting out a piece of drywall in a "hollow" section of wall, directly between 2 vertical studs (OK TCB, Tom Oz, derBrucer, et.al. it's all your's), I encountered a sneaky diagonal brace running across the hole at a 45 degree angle....None of this, of course, is anything as exciting as having a lesbian with a tool belt move your electrical outlet....
Ah, but having a lesbian with a toolbelt working in between two vertical studs!  Now THAT could get interesting!

;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #195 on: April 11, 2007, 03:38:48 PM »

And was it your co-workers or your regular customers who were most surprised to find you around the fruit?
Well, now, let's see...

One of our most senior cashiers, Mike, has a partner named Dennis.

One of our front-end managers, Larry, has a partner named David.

On the other hand, one of the other workers in produce, also named Larry (who wasn't in today), doesn't have a partner but if he did have a partner said partner would be named Dennis or David or some other name like that.

Including myself, most of the fruit is working at the checkout registers and not in produce, three to one.

::)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #196 on: April 11, 2007, 03:41:29 PM »

MattH, did you pick up the new release of the early Jeff Richards film KILL THE UMPIRE? I have yet to find a copy (it is a double bill with SAFE AT HOME) in my area.

I am thinking that Jeff Richards in a baseball uniform will be quite nice...and Jeff Richards in a locker room scene will be even nicer.

How about Jeff Richards with B.O. and athlete's foot?

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #197 on: April 11, 2007, 03:43:59 PM »

CBS has an all-new lineup tonight as does NBC. LOST is new as well, so the DVR will be in full swing at 10 p.m. while I watch LOST "live" over-the-air HD.

BONES is preempted tonight (darn!), so my TV watching won't start until 9. I'll probably watch THE QUEEN DVD in the meantime.
And Good Eats has a new episode as well!  This one is about Spinach Salad!

And Good Eats has been awarded a Peabody Award this year!

Matt H.

« Reply #198 on: April 11, 2007, 03:51:10 PM »

I saw the review for this double feature and only read the SAFE AT HOME part because I actually saw that as a kid at the drive-in with my folks.

I'll check out what the review says about KILL THE UMNPIRE; I diddn't even know Jeff was in it! Thanks for the alert!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #199 on: April 11, 2007, 03:53:24 PM »

I will definitely get to both THE SOPRANOS and ENTOURAGE today. As for a DVD for the afternoon, looks like maybe MADAME BOVARY. I'd say it would be one of the new Doris Day DVDs, but mine didn't come yesterday as expected. In fact, my mail didn't get delivered until after 6 p.m., an all-time record for late delivery.
Doris Day as Madame Bovary?

Maybe if they did it as a musical.

(singing)
Que Sera, Sera
Whoever will be with me?
Will he stay just once, or three?
Que Sera, Sera
I won't charge a fee.

Matt H.

« Reply #200 on: April 11, 2007, 03:59:34 PM »

The DOris Day set did come in today's mail, but I've settled on watching Helen Mirren's Oscar-winning performance tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #201 on: April 11, 2007, 04:00:05 PM »

I'm going to head downstairs now to clean the den and then get to watching stuff.

WBBL.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #202 on: April 11, 2007, 04:01:43 PM »

I think my house needs painting.
I know a housepainter who more closely follows your age requirements!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #203 on: April 11, 2007, 04:07:38 PM »

...The guy last night lied and just couldn't be bothered to do the job (he basically said he was backed up in a major way).  ...
Constipation is no excuse.   :P

MBarnum

« Reply #204 on: April 11, 2007, 04:30:32 PM »

I thought the Court show closed at 5:00 or 6:00.  Or are you planning some after-hour events with Mr. Estrada, Mr. Winkler, or Ms. Lords?

You never know!

MBarnum

« Reply #205 on: April 11, 2007, 04:34:20 PM »

I saw the review for this double feature and only read the SAFE AT HOME part because I actually saw that as a kid at the drive-in with my folks.

I'll check out what the review says about KILL THE UMNPIRE; I diddn't even know Jeff was in it! Thanks for the alert!

Yes, Jeff Richards and Gloria Henry are the romantic leads. I don't expect it is a great movie, but Jeff Richards certainly will make it worthwhile.

PS: Gloria Henry said that she really enjoyed working with Jeff and was shocked at how he ended up (a drunk).

singdaw

« Reply #206 on: April 11, 2007, 04:54:19 PM »

Local coverage of All About Us here.  [Not a review]

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #207 on: April 11, 2007, 04:54:23 PM »

And, some days it would get so hot outside, that they would have to be unseemly and actually cast off part of their painting costumes.....

Can I have them when you're done? We need a lot of painting at the new casa...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: April 11, 2007, 04:57:18 PM »

Back from rehearsal (just basically a work-through with our new pianist - very rough going, but I think he'll now go do what he has to do and get it in his head and fingers - he's talented), then a visit to Vitello's, then lunch, then picked up the printout of the book (hefty in manuscript), and am now home.  I'll package up CDs, but I won't ship until tomorrow afternoon.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #209 on: April 11, 2007, 04:58:10 PM »

My allergies have been annoying this week.

Who have they been annoying?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up