Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: DRAWING THE LINE  (Read 47027 times)

François

Re:DRAWING THE LINE
« Reply #300 on: April 14, 2007, 06:28:53 PM »

FRANCOIS!!!!

Yes! That's my real name! I'm no François Haines you know!! ;)

François

« Reply #301 on: April 14, 2007, 06:29:19 PM »

Ah ben, ça alors! Une nouvelle page!

Danise

« Reply #302 on: April 14, 2007, 06:29:24 PM »

Hi, Danise!  Thanks for the vibes and for the storm warning.  Stay safe!

Hi Ginny!

We're going to get the tail end of it sometime around dawn.   I'm hoping it won't be to bad.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #303 on: April 14, 2007, 06:30:01 PM »

DR DakotaCelt, I want to let you know that you and your Dad are in my thoughts.

When we were told that Dad had cancer, they said he only had six months to live.  He lasted three years.  By the time we were in that third year, the strong robust man I knew as my father, was like a scarecrow.  

It was to a point where I didn't know what to wish for.  I wanted my Dad with me but I couldn't stand to see how much pain he was in.  He went back in time to WWII and saw German's everywhere.  

Sometimes I think the extra time was a blessing and other times a curse that I wouldn't want to put anyone I know through.  

And here I am going through almost the same thing with my Mom.  The doctor said she has beween 2 and 4 months but no more then 6 left.  So far, except for the hip, she seems fine --so in my book I think she will be with me for at least a year or two longer.

The doctors don't know.  All you can do is take one day at a time and know that when the time comes, at least the person you love won't be in pain any more.   :)

True Danise... ((Danise))

He is a tough bird and has amazed the doctors for he has also had other health issues that have complicated treatments but it has only been recently that has he shown marked decline. I am thankful for th time and thankful for the fun and wonderful memories.

There is one time my mother nearly injured both my dad and I... We innocently blew up a bottle of Ginger ale...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Danise

« Reply #304 on: April 14, 2007, 06:31:14 PM »

I'm okay.  I threw my back out, but the drugs help my personality considerably.

Gee, why would you throw your back out?  Don't you think you'll still need it?   ;D :D ;)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #305 on: April 14, 2007, 06:33:41 PM »

I'm okay.  I threw my back out, but the drugs help my personality considerably.

Better back vibes to TCB!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #306 on: April 14, 2007, 06:34:04 PM »

Gee, why would you throw your back out?  Don't you think you'll still need it?   ;D :D ;)

There wasn't room for both of us in this town.
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #307 on: April 14, 2007, 06:34:51 PM »

Better back vibes to TCB!!

And hugs to both you and your father.
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #308 on: April 14, 2007, 06:38:04 PM »

True Danise... ((Danise))

He is a tough bird and has amazed the doctors for he has also had other health issues that have complicated treatments but it has only been recently that has he shown marked decline. I am thankful for th time and thankful for the fun and wonderful memories.

There is one time my mother nearly injured both my dad and I... We innocently blew up a bottle of Ginger ale...

My dad tried to make homemade root beer.  It all blew up in my mom's wash room.  We had root beer everywhere!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #309 on: April 14, 2007, 06:38:13 PM »

Thanks TCB!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #310 on: April 14, 2007, 06:38:55 PM »

Has anyone heard from Jane? I was wondering how Sherlock of the Giant Paws was doing?

Danise

« Reply #311 on: April 14, 2007, 06:39:13 PM »

There wasn't room for both of us in this town.
[/i]

Better back vibes to DR TCB!!!!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #312 on: April 14, 2007, 06:40:58 PM »

I forgot to say that after the storm passes, the temp is going to go down into the 40's.  Considering we are now in the 80's that is going to be quite a drop!  Burrrrrr!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #313 on: April 14, 2007, 06:41:02 PM »

My dad tried to make homemade root beer.  It all blew up in my mom's wash room.  We had root beer everywhere!

OH NO!!!

We were trying to get hte bottle of ginger ale open and the knife punctured the bottle and there was ginger ale every where...

My grandfather used to make redeye

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #314 on: April 14, 2007, 06:41:43 PM »

Since it seems to be a slow Saturday evening, I think I will share this touching story with all of you.

On their wedding night, the young bride approached her new husband and asked for $20.00 for their first lovemaking encounter. In his highly aroused state, her husband readily agreed.

This scenario was repeated each time they made love, for more than 30 years, with him thinking that it was a cute way for her to afford new clothes and other incidentals that
she  needed.

Arriving home around  noon one day, she was surprised to find her husband in a very drunken  state.  During the next few minutes, he explained that his employer was  going through a process of corporate downsizing, and he had been let go. It was unlikely that, at the age of 59, he'd be able to find another position that paid anywhere near what he'd been earning, and therefore, they were financially  ruined.

Calmly, his wife handed him a bank book which sh owed more than thirty years of steady deposits and interest totaling nearly $1 million. Then she showed him certificates of deposits  issued by the bank which were worth over  $2 million, and informed him that they were one of the largest depositors in  the bank.

She explained that for the more than three decades she had "charged" him for sex, these holdings had  multiplied and these were  the results of her savings and  investments.

Faced  with evidence of cash and investments worth over $3 million, her husband was so astounded he could barely speak, but finally he found his voice and blurted out, "If  I'd had any idea what  you were doing, I would have given  you all my business!"

That's when she shot  him.

You know, sometimes, men just don't know when to keep their mouths shut.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 06:43:43 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #315 on: April 14, 2007, 06:41:43 PM »

Yikes that is a drop...

Isnt it a tad early for hurricanes?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #316 on: April 14, 2007, 06:43:24 PM »

very true tcb!

François

« Reply #317 on: April 14, 2007, 06:47:16 PM »

Since it seems to be a slow Saturday evening, I think I will share this touching story with all of you.

On their wedding night, the young bride approached her new husband and asked for $20.00 for their first lovemaking encounter. In his highly aroused state, her husband readily agreed.

This scenario was repeated each time they made love, for more than 30 years, with him thinking that it was a cute way for her to afford new clothes and other incidentals that
she  needed.

Arriving home around  noon one day, she was surprised to find her husband in a very drunken  state.  During the next few minutes, he explained that his employer was  going through a process of corporate downsizing, and he had been let go. It was unlikely that, at the age of 59, he'd be able to find another position that paid anywhere near what he'd been earning, and therefore, they were financially  ruined.

Calmly, his wife handed him a bank book which sh owed more than thirty years of steady deposits and interest totaling nearly $1 million. Then she showed him certificates of deposits  issued by the bank which were worth over  $2 million, and informed him that they were one of the largest depositors in  the bank.

She explained that for the more than three decades she had "charged" him for sex, these holdings had  multiplied and these were  the results of her savings and  investments.

Faced  with evidence of cash and investments worth over $3 million, her husband was so astounded he could barely speak, but finally he found his voice and blurted out, "If  I'd had any idea what  you were doing, I would have given  you all my business!"

That's when she shot  him.

You know, sometimes, men just don't know when to keep their mouths shut.

Bang! (With double entendre, of course! :o)

What was the guy's name? Haines?! ;)

François

« Reply #318 on: April 14, 2007, 06:48:12 PM »

very true tcb!

Oh, I can say the same thing about some women! :P ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #319 on: April 14, 2007, 06:49:16 PM »

tsk tsk!!

François

« Reply #320 on: April 14, 2007, 06:50:29 PM »

François

« Reply #321 on: April 14, 2007, 06:51:23 PM »

http://www.louisvuitton.com/

This fellow's so poor (The one on the pic!) that he can't afford an undershirt! Mama mia!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 06:51:50 PM by François »

François

« Reply #322 on: April 14, 2007, 06:52:34 PM »

tsk tsk!!

A tsket
A tsket!  Doesn't work! :-\

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #323 on: April 14, 2007, 06:54:33 PM »

http://www.louisvuitton.com/

This fellow's so poor (The one on the pic!) that he can't afford an undershirt! Mama mia!

He looks like a 12 year old running away from home.
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #324 on: April 14, 2007, 06:55:51 PM »

you are a funny person francois!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #325 on: April 14, 2007, 06:56:38 PM »

vibes for bk and Merissa... I suspect she will be taking the stage shortly!

Tomovoz

« Reply #326 on: April 14, 2007, 06:57:57 PM »

Don Ho's only hit record here in Oz was "It Must Have Been The Wine".

Tiny bubbles didn't create a ripple.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #327 on: April 14, 2007, 06:58:19 PM »

Anyone heard from Cason and MissKaren??

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #328 on: April 14, 2007, 06:59:20 PM »

Don Ho's only hit record here in Oz was "It Must Have Been The Wine".

Tiny bubbles didn't create a ripple.

The only time I ever heard of Don Ho was when he was on an episode of Brady Bunch

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #329 on: April 14, 2007, 06:59:26 PM »

Anyone heard from Cason and MissKaren??

I heard from Cason a few minutes ago.  Of course, I was listening to THE BRAIN CD.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 07:00:06 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up