Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: PSEUDOEPHEDRINE  (Read 57414 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:PSEUDOEPHEDRINE
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2007, 07:34:49 AM »

I used to be a nightowl, now when I want to hear a band I think "They aren't starting until 9:00 PM?  That's almost my bed time!"

Almost? That is PAST mine.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2007, 07:36:50 AM »

Good morning dear DR Laura....

And what are you, dear DR Jose, doing just sitting there on your po-po lke so much fish!??

I was "distracted" by the New York Times.  And the "EW" summary of last night's "Survivor" finale.  -Quite a funny, dead-on read.

A Truck Question
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2007, 07:38:39 AM »

DR Cillaliz - How awful and tragic for that family.  You are very thoughtful!

Thanks, but I think it's really that I feel like I should be doing something and there is nothing I can do. When I grew up, we were taught if you don't know what to do for someone....make a hot dish, a cake or a pie. It's just an extension of that.

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2007, 07:44:42 AM »

Better do some work.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2007, 07:52:48 AM »

Good morning!

Another repeat morning just like yesterday's. I'm loving these cool morning and evening temperatures. It makes sleeping so pleasurable.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2007, 07:55:46 AM »

TOD:

This makes me sound so innocent (I was!), but the film BLOW-UP had those models romping around with David Hemmings, and it was the first time I think I ever saw a woman's breasts exposed. I was shocked.

The ending of BONNIE & CLYDE left me sickened and shaken. I had never seen anything like that before, and I was completely wiped out by that.

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2007, 07:57:23 AM »

I'll have last night's paycable shows to watch today (THE TUDORS, ENTOURAGE, THE SOPRANOS) and RENO 911! as well.

If I can, I'd like to watch PRINCE OF FOXES today since I didn't get to it yesterday. And I have SANSHO THE BAILIFF on Criterion to get to either today or tomorrow as well.

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2007, 08:01:14 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  It feels weird to be here at work on what would ordinarily be my day off (that will be Friday, instead).

DR Cillaliz - You will do exactly the right thing, I'm sure, in response to the awful news that you posted last night.  The veggie tray sounds like a great idea.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2007, 08:15:26 AM »

I see that NBC has renewed LAW & ORDER for its 17th season. As for LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT (which was also on the bubble for renewal), the show will produce a 22 episode season, but the episodes will premiere on the USA network next season and then NBC will get the second runs (presumably to be shown on Saturday nights). I'd almost be willing to bet, however, that once a couple of NBC's new fall shows bomb, they'll bring CI back to the network for the first run episodes.

singdaw

« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2007, 08:15:46 AM »

DR Matt H. -

Thanks for your response to my query the other day!

Do you have a monthly fee connected to your DVR the way Tivo has [other than your regular utility payment to your television service provider]?

And...

Can you search listings and program it to record a weekly series - or on a keyword - the way that you apparently can with Tivo?

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks-     :)

Matt H.

« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2007, 08:17:15 AM »

BTW, for those who are L&O: CI fans, don't forget that NBC has moved the show to Monday night at 10 for the next two weeks (new episodes) with its Tuesday timeslot to host reruns from the previous night.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2007, 08:18:55 AM »

DR Cillaliz, when my father died, someone offered to stay at the house during the funeral. She said that people will read the obits and then break in when they know the house is empty during the funeral. Maybe you might offer to housesit, if you don't plan on attending the funeral and related services.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2007, 08:20:46 AM »

I suppose I should spend time today seeking a tileman. I just hope we can avoid the expense of ripping out the wall I just paid to have installed.

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2007, 08:21:18 AM »

DR Matt H. -

Thanks for your response to my query the other day!

Do you have a monthly fee connected to your DVR the way Tivo has [other than your regular utility payment to your television service provider]?

And...

Can you search listings and program it to record a weekly series - or on a keyword - the way that you apparently can with Tivo?

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks-     :)

Don't apologize. They're intelligent questions.

My cable company charges $6.95 a month for my cable box/DVR rental. They're in the same box so it's not two different pieces of equipment.

Yes, you can tell the DVR to record every episode of a show or every new episode of a show, very much like Tivo. You can also do searches for shows to see if they're being offered on any channel in the line-up.

The cable guide that comes with my DVR goes eight days ahead. I think Tivo's calendar span is longer, but I'm not sure about that.

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2007, 08:26:23 AM »

Got to go downstairs to clean up for lunch with best friend John.

WBBL.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2007, 08:30:36 AM »

Tivo has a 14 day search when you pay for the full-service (I signed up for the life-time plan, which was something like $295.  Considering that the monthly was 9.99 when I first got my Tivo and and since risen to 12.99, it will be a bargain at some point.  The downside is that it's for the lifetime of the Tivo unit, not my own lifetime.  But I think there's an occasional upgrade deal to a more expensive unit that one can transfer the service to--I'm not completely sure about it 'cause I never paid strict attention to the offer.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2007, 08:31:37 AM »

DR singdaw - If your cable provider is Time Warner - like it is for us - there is a surprisingly informative DVR FAQ on the Time-Warner website.
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2007, 08:33:19 AM »

Also meant to mention that if one opts not to pay for the monthly service, Tivo will still search ahead but only for three days.  But I think that excludes features like the Keyword search and Season Passes.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2007, 08:36:39 AM »

I suppose I should spend time today seeking a tileman. I just hope we can avoid the expense of ripping out the wall I just paid to have installed.

Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
Corporation tee-shirt, stupid bloody tuesday.
Man, you been a naughty boy, you let your face grow long.
I am the tileman, they are the tilemen.
I am the tileman, goo goo g'joob.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2007, 08:43:31 AM »

DR Cillaliz, when my father died, someone offered to stay at the house during the funeral. She said that people will read the obits and then break in when they know the house is empty during the funeral. Maybe you might offer to housesit, if you don't plan on attending the funeral and related services.

Mrs. W, one of 6 children who grew up in my tiny house (built in '23) married and moved to the house next door. We had a family across the street who had 3 sons who were scumbag white trash. One was an alcoholic, one was a crack addict and the third had some other drug problem. He also raped his sister and she had a child by him. They were always in and out of jail and stole things from most of my neighbors, and broke into my house twice.

Mrs. W was always nice to the crack addict, Eddie, and let him do yard work for her. (This is how they would usually case your house, which is why it's important to have someone you trust do your yardwork!) After she died, a lot of family was coming in and out of the house to prepare for the funeral. Eddie snuck in amidst all the people, went down to her basement and unlocked the window. Then, while the funeral was going on (we were at the funeral, too) Eddie broke in and stole her tv and other things he could sell/pawn. Fortunately, the guy who bought the TV tried to pawn it and the serial number registered as stolen (somehow this has never happened when i've been robbed!) and when questioned, the guy who had bought the TV told the police where he'd gotten it and Eddie did a little more jail time.

So, that's a great idea to house sit, and you can tell them that this happened to the neighbor of someone you know.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

singdaw

« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2007, 08:52:52 AM »

Additional thanks to DRs Dan (the Man) and JoseSPiano for your input.

I have Cablevision, but they very may well have a similar FAQ; I will check it out.

And I believe Tivo allows you to transfer your "life-time" plan to the series 3 units, but that they have stopped offering it for new purchases going forward.

singdaw

« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2007, 09:03:25 AM »

Sting on a cornflake?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2007, 09:09:40 AM »

Additional thanks to DRs Dan (the Man) and JoseSPiano for your input.

I have Cablevision, but they very may well have a similar FAQ; I will check it out.

And I believe Tivo allows you to transfer your "life-time" plan to the series 3 units, but that they have stopped offering it for new purchases going forward.

Nothing is "forever", apparently.

Which gives me pause when considering the "Forever Stamp".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2007, 09:11:57 AM »

One reason I have suspicions about the "Forever Stamp' is an uneasy feeling I have that the USPS knows something the American public does not know.

Perhaps it knows it will not, ultimately, lose anything if people buy billions of dollars in "Forever Stamps".  

Maybe it will make "First Class" postage less reliable in favor of something else upon which we cannot use "Forever Stamps".

I smell a "scam" and I have only the Bush Administration to blame for my suspicions.  Which isn't something I take lately.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2007, 09:14:35 AM »

Nothing is "forever", apparently.

Which gives me pause when considering the "Forever Stamp".

Oh, you just know that they have some kind of loophole for that.  They're probably printed on paper that will disintegrate in five years or with ink that will fade in three.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2007, 09:15:41 AM »

I was "distracted" by the New York Times.  And the "EW" summary of last night's "Survivor" finale.  -Quite a funny, dead-on read.

A Truck Question

LOL! That was a great write-up! But, I loved this season....I do think the best person won, although to be fair it should have been Yau-man and Earl at the end. Not only did I like both people I thought they were the only ones who really seemed to know how to play this game.

I am always surprised at how bitter some of these contestants are, however.

FJL

« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2007, 09:17:04 AM »

In the words of the Bergmans (in the theme song from FROM NOON 'TIL THREE):

Some have a lifetime, some just a day.
Love isn't something you measure that way.
Nothing's ever forever, forever's a lie.
All we have is between hello and goodbye.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2007, 09:19:35 AM »

Yes, I was  instantly suspicious of anything and everything the minute I got up this morning.

I smelled "corruption" in the air....scheming and political corruption -- industrial deception and the manipulation of human decency.

And I am appalled.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 09:26:12 AM by Ron Pulliam »

MBarnum

« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2007, 09:19:53 AM »

TOD:

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (the original version)

MBarnum

« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2007, 09:20:30 AM »

JRand, I have now set my DVR to record POP GEAR!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up