Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE GOOSE IS GOOD FOR THE GANDER  (Read 31069 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE GOOSE IS GOOD FOR THE GANDER
« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2007, 03:52:56 PM »

Had a very nice alumni association meeting - lots of great stuff coming and also endless work, but I think we're going to turn this into something really special.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2007, 03:53:10 PM »

Cancer is an evil and indescriminate disease... I truly hope and pray that Miss Sarah wins!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #182 on: May 20, 2007, 03:58:13 PM »

DR Ginny - That TravelSmith store/site looks pretty cool.  I had never heard of them before you posted the link.  I may have to investigate further.  ;)

DR Jose - The outlet store, typically, was full of items sized Extra Small Petite or Triple Extra Large, but being persistent paid off for me.  I've shopped from the catalog and online quite a bit.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #183 on: May 20, 2007, 04:01:37 PM »

Good luck vibes to bk in really getting good things going with the alumni association
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #184 on: May 20, 2007, 04:05:11 PM »

Chicken is resting... Potatoes are reheating.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #185 on: May 20, 2007, 04:20:51 PM »

So...

Red potatoes are roasted.  Chicken is currently roasting in the oven - garlic/spices/olive oil/butter paste rubbed under the skin.  -And while the chicken is resting, I'll place the potatoes back in the oven to warm them up.  A green salad on the side...

-And that's what I've been doing for the past hour or so.  :)

Can I come over for dinner?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #187 on: May 20, 2007, 04:22:02 PM »

DR Cillaliz - As long as you have some sort of personal security/encyption set up on your compuer(s), you should be fine. Just think of a larger office where everyone has their own computer.  Each person, ideally, should be able to password protect their own computers, files.

When I'm out and about and am using a public WiFi signal, I use a web-based security system called Wibiki.  www.wibiki.com  It's a helper application that makes connection to public WiFi networks easier and safer.  -They use it in Bryant Park.  If you check out their FAQ under Support on their website, you should find a basic answer to the whole security question.

Thanks, I'll check it out

Ginny

« Reply #188 on: May 20, 2007, 04:23:29 PM »

Can I come over for dinner?

Will you stop and pick me up on your way?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #189 on: May 20, 2007, 04:27:05 PM »

Be glad to!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #190 on: May 20, 2007, 04:27:53 PM »

Spaghetti for dinner tonight here in Rehoboth Beach.  It's easy, and I've an earlier call to work tomorrow, so I'll have plenty of time to get my interesting-but-not-beautiful rest.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #191 on: May 20, 2007, 04:33:07 PM »

I will pick up u and Cilla if Jose will let us come for dinner...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #192 on: May 20, 2007, 04:33:31 PM »

I had Mac and Cheese

Ginny

« Reply #193 on: May 20, 2007, 04:34:14 PM »

Stouffer's lasagna, here.

singdaw

« Reply #194 on: May 20, 2007, 04:46:42 PM »

For "Tales of the City" fans, there's a new one!!!  Mouse is featured in this one...Michael Tolliver Lives.

My local Borders has been advising for a few weeks that this will be available June 1st.  Can't wait!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #195 on: May 20, 2007, 04:48:14 PM »

***special recovery vibes***
for DR Vixmom's neighbor Sarah

singdaw

« Reply #196 on: May 20, 2007, 04:49:20 PM »

Having said that, enter at your own risk.

DR TCB:  Wow.  Thank you!

Cillaliz

« Reply #197 on: May 20, 2007, 04:49:51 PM »

My local Borders has been advising for a few weeks that this will be available June 1st.  Can't wait!  :)

And you didn't tell us?????

singdaw

« Reply #198 on: May 20, 2007, 04:50:21 PM »

DRs Cillaliz and Ginny.  You are still here.  DR JoseSPiano is not.

I guess that means you didn't join him to sup, huh?

singdaw

« Reply #199 on: May 20, 2007, 04:51:11 PM »

And you didn't tell us?????

I know, I know...

So often I'm struggling to find something worthwhile to say here at HHW, and this one just slipped by me...

:P

François

« Reply #200 on: May 20, 2007, 04:51:34 PM »

« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 04:53:41 PM by François »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #201 on: May 20, 2007, 04:52:07 PM »

he is probably hiding and eating his dinner away from us...

Cillaliz

« Reply #202 on: May 20, 2007, 04:58:40 PM »

I'm about as interested in Paris going to jail as I am in Joey Buttafuco and Amy Fisher getting back together.

Gag me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #203 on: May 20, 2007, 04:59:34 PM »

So...

Red potatoes are roasted.  Chicken is currently roasting in the oven - garlic/spices/olive oil/butter paste rubbed under the skin.  -And while the chicken is resting, I'll place the potatoes back in the oven to warm them up.  A green salad on the side...

-And that's what I've been doing for the past hour or so.  :)
Did you spatchcock the bird?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #204 on: May 20, 2007, 05:00:16 PM »

Cilla, is that a gag order?

Tomovoz

« Reply #205 on: May 20, 2007, 05:03:58 PM »

I'm about as interested in Paris going to jail as I am in Joey Buttafuco and Amy Fisher getting back together.

Gag me.

So interesting to me. I know not who Joey and Amy are. I would not recognise Paris either.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #206 on: May 20, 2007, 05:06:01 PM »

$13.000 fine for Rocky. (for bringing drugs into OZ).  I doubt I've ever seen Mr Stallone in a film.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #207 on: May 20, 2007, 05:07:28 PM »

DR Cillaliz.  Did you know David Hicks is now in an Australian jail?
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #208 on: May 20, 2007, 05:08:32 PM »

Cilla, is that a gag order?

No it was an involuntary reflex

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: May 20, 2007, 05:08:39 PM »

I'm quite zonked.  And I must get up at six-thirty tomorrow morning.  I'm watching an interesting DVD, and am trying not to fall asleep.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up