Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE GOOSE IS GOOD FOR THE GANDER  (Read 31074 times)

Cillaliz

Re:WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE GOOSE IS GOOD FOR THE GANDER
« Reply #210 on: May 20, 2007, 05:09:48 PM »

DR Cillaliz.  Did you know David Hicks is now in an Australian jail?

I remember hearing that was going to happen, I wasn't aware that it did.  Can't believe he finally got out of Guantanamo

Cillaliz

« Reply #211 on: May 20, 2007, 05:10:11 PM »

Time to go for awhile....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #212 on: May 20, 2007, 05:10:25 PM »

DR Cillaliz.  Did you know David Hicks is now in an Australian jail?

I did read a news report about his trial, and I believe it mentioned he would spend time in an Australian prison.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #213 on: May 20, 2007, 05:13:41 PM »

I'm gearing up for SOPRANOS at nine.  I'm expecting a lot of violence tonight.  There was an interview with Steve Van Zandt iin one of this week's issue of the New York Post or Daily News and he implied that no one is left standing after the final episode.  He said if they brought the cast back for a movie, it would have to be a prequel.

My eyes are tired; I've been writing at the computer all afternoon.  These guidelines are no fun.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

François

« Reply #214 on: May 20, 2007, 05:21:22 PM »

My hair is in a pony tail....

Is that a kinky coded message?! ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #215 on: May 20, 2007, 05:33:50 PM »

I'm about as interested in Paris going to jail as I am in Joey Buttafuco and Amy Fisher getting back together.

Gag me.

I hear ya... :::passes the barf bag :::
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #216 on: May 20, 2007, 05:34:51 PM »

Tom consider yourself lucky!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #217 on: May 20, 2007, 05:37:14 PM »

Good Evening!

That was one good roast chicken dinner!  :)

Alas, no leftovers, so if DR Cillaliz, Ginny and DakotaCelt are still on your way.... well... there's Popeye's a block away.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #218 on: May 20, 2007, 05:37:20 PM »

Is that a kinky coded message?! ;)

Neigh!!! ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #219 on: May 20, 2007, 05:38:14 PM »

Ahhh shucks Jose....

sniff, sniff...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #220 on: May 20, 2007, 05:39:06 PM »

DR SWW - No spatchcocking.  Just a few slices of bacon over the breast during the first 45 minutes of cooking.  It acts a "moisturizer", an insulator, and de-browner.  And that bacon is pretty tasty too once it's off the bird.  I crumbled it over the salads.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #221 on: May 20, 2007, 05:41:48 PM »

Off to see the very talented Lauren Molina's cabaret act.  Really looking forward to it.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #222 on: May 20, 2007, 05:45:00 PM »

DR SWW - No spatchcocking.  Just a few slices of bacon over the breast during the first 45 minutes of cooking.  It acts a "moisturizer", an insulator, and de-browner.  And that bacon is pretty tasty too once it's off the bird.  I crumbled it over the salads.
That's called barding.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #223 on: May 20, 2007, 05:46:53 PM »

Good Evening!

That was one good roast chicken dinner!  :)

Alas, no leftovers, so if DR Cillaliz, Ginny and DakotaCelt are still on your way.... well... there's Popeye's a block away.  ;)

But are you still up for the 6 pints of Graeters ice cream I'm carrying packed in dry ice  ;) ?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #224 on: May 20, 2007, 05:51:30 PM »

Hello, fellow Dear Readers. That is all.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #225 on: May 20, 2007, 05:51:41 PM »

Careful, Jose.  You could end up with a Graeter waistline!

:o
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #226 on: May 20, 2007, 05:53:22 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

Vibes to DN Sarah!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #227 on: May 20, 2007, 05:53:41 PM »

HEALING VIBES FOR SWEET LITTLE SARAH!  

That is so sad.  Coping vibes for the entire family.

Jane

« Reply #228 on: May 20, 2007, 05:55:49 PM »

Danise, the funeral director should have a number (like an account number) that you give to the airline for the bereavement fare.

I've just always collected a letter from the funeral director to give to the airline on my return trip.  

Jane

« Reply #229 on: May 20, 2007, 05:58:16 PM »

So interesting to me. I know not who Joey and Amy are. I would not recognise Paris either.

Lucky you. ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #230 on: May 20, 2007, 05:59:19 PM »

Off to see the very talented Lauren Molina's cabaret act.  Really looking forward to it.

Ohhh... Was I supposed to go to that tonight?  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #231 on: May 20, 2007, 06:00:05 PM »

But are you still up for the 6 pints of Graeters ice cream I'm carrying packed in dry ice  ;) ?

Just 6?

::)

:P

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #232 on: May 20, 2007, 06:03:50 PM »

Just 6?

::)

:P

;D

Well, it's a start...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #233 on: May 20, 2007, 06:04:46 PM »

DR Ginny - My roommate, Jim, just got back from his brother's wedding.  The wedding took place in Dayton, Ohio.  Well... He just brought a bunch of goodies leftover from the guest bags at the hotel, including Mike-sell's Original Potato Chips!

:)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 06:05:30 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #234 on: May 20, 2007, 06:19:46 PM »

In honor of Grey Garden's I had corn on the cob tonight....Jerry would have liked it

Cillaliz

« Reply #235 on: May 20, 2007, 06:22:16 PM »

I intended to get my materials ready for a presentation I'm giving on Wednesday noon.  I just can't seem to get myself to do it.   It won't be hard, but it's got a lot of immigration law in it, so I have to make sure I remember what I've learned. It will be good practice. ..Ah, I'll do it tomorrow

Danise

« Reply #236 on: May 20, 2007, 06:26:32 PM »

Hi all.  I can't stay for long because I have so much to do to get ready for the "trip".  I don't want to go to Pittsbugh.  It makes things so--final.

I can't thank all of you enough for the caring and support.  I read about VixMom's Sarah.  It really puts me to shame.  Here I go on and on about myself and there is a little girl who really needs all of our vibes and prayers.

Here is the way the "trip" worked out.  Thelma and I are leaving on Tuesday at about 8:20 AM.  We should arrive at approx 10:30 AM.  Thelma will pick up the rental car and we will go directly to the Funeral Home to make the final arrangements.  Then we will go to the hotel.

Now this depends on Thelma being able to get on the same flight as I am.  She is flying on stand by.  The next flight won't get to Pittsburgh until after five.  In that case, I will have to take a cab to the funeral home and hope Thelma gets that next flight up.  She may not even make it until the next day!

Anyway, I am allow the family (should there be any) one last courtesy by waiting to have the funeral on Thursday.  That will allow the announcement to be put in the paper on Wednesday.  If anyone shows up great.  If not, so be it.  I’ve made two phone calls to answering machines where I left a message and sent 2 emails.  My heart is clear because I did try my very best.

Anyway, the funeral itself will be on Thursday, May 24th.  What time is yet to be determined by my meeting with the funeral home.

I’ll go over to Thelma’s house tomorrow night so we can have her husband take us to the airport.  I will be catching a shuttle bus back to Thelma’s house to pick up the car on Friday night.  

And that is that.

I stopped off tonight on the way home from Thelma’s house and bought myself a good steak dinner.  I haven’t had a real meal in about three weeks.  Hospice food was ok but it was hospital food.   I thought I should eat something since I only had the eggs/bacon/toast on Friday night and a TV dinner last night and nothing today until I stopped to eat.

I must say I really enjoyed that steak.  

Oh and I think I got a really good deal from Obitz.  I phoned in my request after looking it up on line.  It would have been about $750.00 but when I explained the reason for the trip, the guy gave me a price of $630.00.  That included roundtrip airfare and the hotel for 3 nights.  Not bad.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #237 on: May 20, 2007, 06:27:55 PM »

Non stop airfare to boot.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #238 on: May 20, 2007, 06:29:39 PM »

Forgive me but I'm playing wussburger.  I have so much to do tomorrow before I head to Thema's house.  

Have a wonderful evening.  I will try to post sometime tomorrow but if I don't, please don't worry.  It's just that I'm trying to do a million and one things. :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #239 on: May 20, 2007, 06:30:03 PM »

That sounds like a good plan, Danise. Keep yourself busy.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up