Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: MONKEYS REPEATING  (Read 39110 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:MONKEYS REPEATING
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2007, 08:30:30 AM »

Wow!  Mr Tessy Anderson of London England just emailed me to tell me the I have won 500,000 Euros in the satellite email lottery!
Better than winning 500,000 Yugos!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2007, 08:31:41 AM »

DR Danise - you're in the Ohio River Valley now, also known as "Sinus Valley."  That may be contributing to your difficulty with your contacts.

Vibes that everything continues to go smoothy for you and Thelma.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2007, 08:32:51 AM »

MattH, you ought to see John Ashley's DRAGSTIP GIRL...for my money it is heads and tails above MOTORCYCLE GANG...and you get Steve Terrell too!

Ben

« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2007, 08:36:09 AM »

Since Mr. Barnum posted all those movie posters I will try posting a picture from our Florida trip.

It's a still life that I call

Man on Couch

We were picked up at the Fort Myers airport by friends who live on Sanibel (we were on Captiva, the next island over, for the week) and we went by Troy and Edgar's beautiful home before we got to Sandhurst.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2007, 08:37:34 AM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]"Heroes" SPOILERS[/size][/move][/color]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]"Heroes" SPOILERS[/size][/move][/color]

[size=8] SPOILERS[/size]
[/color]

I, too, was very pleased by a most-satisfying finale for "Heroes", the first season.

I really loved the way they used Hiro in this episode, and it was gratifying, in the final 10 minutes, to see him fulfill his destiny.

I loved the way Nikki came through and defeated Candace.

I thought the "Petrelli clan" scenes were fantastic, with all that chiaroscuro played out among the personalities and loyalties.  But the very best parts were Peter dreaming of Charles and getting his perpective on whether the future is fixed or not, Claire getting away (in perfect "invincible cheerleader" style) and Nathan's arriving in the nick-of-time to be with Peter and "save the world."  "Mrs. Petrelli" is going to be one even more miserable bwitch in the future.

I was totally stoked by HRG's response to Parkman's calling him Mr. Bennett:  "You can call me Noah".  YES!

Hiro's "escape" from crashing into one of the buildings was terrific, as was his landing.  Season 2 ought to be FUN.

I loved the little girl's telling Bennett and Parkman and Suresh that there is one person she cannot "find"...because everytime she thinks about him, he sees her.   Shudder!

I was only a little dismayed to discover that the presumed dead Sylar had somehow crawled over to a sewer access cover and escaped.   Did anyone notice the overhead shot of the blood?  On the left side, it seemed to take the form of a wolf.

Bring it on, NBC.  I want me some more "Heroes".
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 08:40:22 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ben

« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2007, 08:39:24 AM »

Here is another picture in front of the "Stinkin Pink Palazzo" (a Cole Porter reference) that is Sandhurst.

This is our friend David who was part of the birthday group. It is not Edgar or Troy who picked us up at the airport. We will see Edgar and Troy later in the picture posting.

Ben

« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2007, 08:40:49 AM »

And yet another picture.

Anthony was very creative with a pineapple and graphics as you can see from this photo of an appetizer he created before one of our luscious meals.

Ben

« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2007, 08:42:01 AM »

And the last picture before I go to lunch.

I think you might recognize the man in the pool. He's spending time with the Birthday Girl

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2007, 08:42:54 AM »

We were picked up at the Fort Myers airport by friends who live on Sanibel

"Sanibel"....it's an anagram, you know.... :D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2007, 08:44:20 AM »

What fun snapshots Ben! I love the pink buidling and the fancy appetizer!! It certainly made me hungry!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2007, 08:44:46 AM »

Hi all.  Believe it or not, we are already in the Pittsburgh airport.  Waiting for the Rental car because Thelma made the reservation for 12:00--we will pick it up at 11:30.

Nice flight.  No problems at all.  I will be catching the same plane back to Tampa on Friday.

I'll post again when we make it to the hotel.  First we go to lunch--Thelma knows someplace near the airport that she wants us to go to when we get the car.  Then we go to the funeral home.

I'm glad Thelma is driving.  I would have been so confused.  Pittsuburgh does have a very LARGE airport.  Top that off with I don't know if it's because I'm a bit stressed or the air or what but my contacts are fogging up and I can barely see.  I think they will settle down in a bit but I'm using my eye drops in the mean time.  Maybe a Clairitin would help as well.  We'll see.

Laters.  :)

Wow, DR Danise, great news!  Keep us posted.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2007, 08:44:55 AM »

P.S. I forgot to ask earlier. Did anyone record the finale for Ugly Betty? If so, is it still available to send to a tired vacationer? We forgot to record the show and we didn't watch it (we were too busy eating dinner) while on Captiva.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2007, 08:46:32 AM »

P.S. I forgot to ask earlier. Did anyone record the finale for Ugly Betty? If so, is it still available to send to a tired vacationer? We forgot to record the show and we didn't watch it (we were too busy eating dinner) while on Captiva.

Ben, you can watch this at the ABC internet site.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2007, 08:46:37 AM »

DR Ben, I did not, but I think you can watch it online.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2007, 08:50:45 AM »

On the "American Idol" front:

I, for one, have zero interest in the "competitive" aspect of the remainder of the season (tonight and tomorrow night).

BUT....as if "Idol" actually NEEDED something to draw more viewers, it seems Paula Abdul is earning her paycheck by having broken her nose the day before the final competition.

Reportedly, she did this in order to prevent stepping on her dog.

The bubbling question I have is:  Will she have a swollen nose, a big old bandage on her face and will she be on painkillers for this final "judging" night?

THAT's my idea of a major calling card.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2007, 08:51:39 AM »

DR Ben, I did not, but I think you can watch it online.

Now if only we could link pinkies!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2007, 08:52:04 AM »

I need to vent for a second because I am still seething at being screwed over by one of the Amazon.com vendors.

I've been wanting to purchase the new Kurt Weill edition of THE FIREBRAND OF FLORENCE, a clothbound, 2-volume set selling for $600.00.  It's available to subscribers of the edition for $400. I honestly can't afford to pay $600 for the edition, but I can certainly pay $400 (unexpected royalty check from my publisher!). I found a used copy for $390+ on Amazon.com from a Rochester NY company called Musiclovers, and I contacted the seller on Friday, asking if it were inded the clothbound 2-volume set.  The vendor replied he thought so, claiming he would check on Monday. He did not, even though I sent another inquiry yesterday and phoned his store.

Today he sent me a note saying that it was hardcover, not clothbound(!!!), and it sold yesterday. I'm furious because the vendor's clearly irresponsible after knowing I was very interested and a moron when it comes to binding. I wanted that damned set!  So I called Amazon.com and complained about the ass.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2007, 08:58:04 AM »

...BLACKBOARD JUNGLE of the 1960s is another spin but is more violent in nature and reflects the anger of the young towards Vietnam and the American military's involvement....
Blackboard Jungle was released in 1955, about a decade before the rebellion against Vietnam took hold.  I agree with you entirely about its violence and anger, but I think it is more about the disenfranchisement the generation of the 50s felt towards the world around them.

West Side Story, released as a film in 1961, covered much of the same territory, adding racism and finger-snaps.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2007, 08:59:00 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  I'll do my morning errands soon to get them out of the way.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2007, 09:02:08 AM »

On the "American Idol" front:...

...it seems Paula Abdul is earning her paycheck by having broken her nose the day before the final competition.

Reportedly, she did this in order to prevent stepping on her dog....
Not just a dog.  A chihuahua!  The ultimate accessory!

::)

singdaw

« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2007, 09:11:10 AM »

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2007, 09:11:37 AM »

TOD - this is/was one of my favorite genre's of movies growing up and then into my late 20's, now it seems so creepy to say you like that genre.  And as usual, I can't come up with tltles of movies.  Except for the already aforementioned "Sixteen Candles"

DR Danise, glad to hear you are safe and sound in Pittsburg.  Thoughts and Vibes to you as you go through this peaceful time.

No moving news to report.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2007, 09:15:03 AM »

SPOILAGE -- "The Bachelor"

I totally HATE to admit this, but I watched the final hour of "The Bachelor" last night.

I had seen various bites of it through the season, and had formed an opinion of one of the ladies as the ONLY choice this man should make if he truly wants happiness.

Imagine my surprise when she was one of the final two.

Yes, I have to admit it:  Tessa was my choice for Andy, and I was absolutely CERTAIN he would miss the boat entirely and go with Bevan, the blonde.

Surprise!  Surpise!

Despite the overly/overtly maudlin and sappy presentation of the final proceedings....and the sadistically drawn out sobfest from Bevan during the proceedings, walking back to the limo, driving off in the limo, and then riding in limo, and riding in the limo and riding in the limo...on and on and on....I can only imagine ABC thought we would be sobbing, too.  I kept shouting at the TV..."Her 15 minutes are up, she was dumped, NOW LET'S GET ON WITH THE SHOW!"

FINALLY, it happened.  As much as I detest the fact that these folks are "performing" for us, there was something "right" about this choice and about how these two folks seem to feel about one another.

Only time will tell.  And by tomorrow, I'll have forgotten to check my watch.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 09:17:09 AM by Ron Pulliam »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2007, 09:17:55 AM »

Actually, this final episode should be repeated on SciFi channel...I believe it's Friday night at 7 or 8.  If not Friday, check the schedule through Monday e'en, 'cause I've seen repeats on SciFit all through the season.
SciFi.com lists the season finale for Heroes at 7 on Friday.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 09:21:00 AM by S. Woody White »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2007, 09:20:13 AM »

singdaw

« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2007, 09:20:16 AM »

Maybe they should be showing The Bachelor on the SciFi channel.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2007, 09:21:11 AM »

Lots of teen movies.....but yes Dragstrip Girl is superior to Motorcyle Whatsis...  but it's really a case of poking around in the bottom of the same barrel.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

singdaw

« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2007, 09:22:26 AM »

I will trip you, yes I will!

LOL, DR SWW.  As this is actually a photo of a figurine rather than an actual specimen, it more than likely will!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2007, 09:24:25 AM »

Time to get ready for work.  With just a week and a half until the birthday party for the younger grandlad, Magic Mommy has decided on a theme ("Gross stuff") and now needs der Grampa to help get everything ready.  That means we've got shopping to do before I start my shift.

Toodles.

singdaw

« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2007, 09:29:09 AM »

Amanda is falling behind.

Vote, vote like the wind!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17   Go Up