Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: MONKEYS REPEATING  (Read 39053 times)

singdaw

Re:MONKEYS REPEATING
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2007, 09:29:47 AM »

Thanks for sharing those photos, DR Ben!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2007, 09:35:11 AM »

Vibes all goes as smoothly as possible for Danise.  I hope some family contacts her.

singdaw

« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2007, 09:37:10 AM »

Indeed!  For such a difficult trip for our DR Danise, things have gotten off to a very good start.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2007, 09:42:05 AM »

Great pics, DR BEN!!  ;D

Yes, DR SiNGDAW....time to vote.

Amanda Mitchell  - click and scroll down.

http://www.flyergroup.com/
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2007, 09:43:45 AM »

She is still firmly in third place, which is fine!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2007, 09:51:52 AM »

DR Laura-I have no idea what is going on with THE BACHELOR
but I don’t really see the difference between letting your family choose a wife for you  or letting the producers choose a select group of women to pick from.  Between the two I expect the family might do a better job of choosing.  

Edi-who knows, maybe your pregnant friend would have found a nice husband & a good father for her child.  LOL.

Jane

« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2007, 10:00:42 AM »

Hi all.  Believe it or not, we are already in the Pittsburgh airport.  Waiting for the Rental car because Thelma made the reservation for 12:00--we will pick it up at 11:30.

Nice flight.  No problems at all.  I will be catching the same plane back to Tampa on Friday.

I'm glad Thelma is driving.  I would have been so confused.  Pittsuburgh does have a very LARGE airport.  Top that off with I don't know if it's because I'm a bit stressed or the air or what but my contacts are fogging up and I can barely see.  I think they will settle down in a bit but I'm using my eye drops in the mean time.  Maybe a Clairitin would help as well.  We'll see.

Great news you and Thelma have arrived.  The Pittsburgh airport may be large but the car rentals are conveniently located right at the airport.  I liked that.

Take care of your eyes & I’m glad Thelma, who knows her way around Pittsburgh, is driving.  I didn’t enjoy driving the narrow streets in a large van.  I also had trouble deciding if I should go through a light in the left lane or the right.  It was never the same, sometimes the left was for a left turn only but it wasn’t marked well.  If the right lane was for going straight it was difficult to tell because you stayed in the right lane until you went through the light and then had to maneuver to the left of the parked cars. ;D

Jane

« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2007, 10:06:45 AM »

Patience vibes for DR elmore.

Goodness, does it really matter if your brother sent the signed papers or not.  They obviously aren’t there.  Can’t he just send another set in or get off his butt & drive down there to do it again!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2007, 10:14:22 AM »

"Thelma and Danise"...on the road.

Oh, my!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »

DR Danise so glad you arrived and that Thelma was on the flight with you.  Here's hoping all your arrangements go well.

Jennifer

« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2007, 10:28:30 AM »

Re: last night's HEROES

SPOILERS

I did enjoy last night's show. But i can understand why DR Dan was a bit disappointed in the sylar/peter fight.  They had led up to that showdown for much of the season. And perhaps there could have been much more of a give and take.

I will say that i loved the first ending (with nathan swooping in). I was not expecting that at all. That was a fairly good resolution to the problem.

I am wondering who is dead and who is not. I thought sylar was definitely dead. But the televisionwithoutpity boards are convinced he is alive (something about that drain).  I also thought peter was definitely alive but nathan was definitely dead (but i guess we shall see about the later). And it just seemed like matt was also dead.

One of the cutest things was molly and micah. Hope we get to see more of them together.

I didn't really like (or understand) the second ending that much (with hiro). I guess they wanted to begin the 2nd part. But it didn't really make me that anxious to find out what would happen.  

I also (like DR RonP) loved the thing with simone's father and peter. I can't figure out if it was a dream or what (it would have made sense if he had timetravelled like hiro but since he was unconscious on the ground i guess not). Very interesting scenes. And loved how Mama petrelli fit into things.

I also loved claire jumping out of the window.

So overall good ending. Although like i said i will be curious to know who is not coming back.

Jennifer

« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2007, 10:29:58 AM »

Interesting predictions for DANCING WITH THE STARS over at dialidol.com.

http://stars.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/predictions.asp
It was pretty much what i was thinking.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 10:39:57 AM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2007, 10:38:41 AM »

Is anybody here planning on watching the new reality show after IDOL called IN THE LOT?

What about this Thursday's SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE?

Next week's Mark Burnett pirate show?

I will probably sample the two new shows. But for anyone who likes dancing I would recommend SYTYCD.  It is one of my absolute favorite reality shows. And i like it better than IDOL and DANCING WITH THE STARS.  Basically it has idol like auditions. With young dancers.  Then we get to see them perform. But my favorite part of the show is the pairs dancing. Each week the couples pull a name out of a hat and then pull a dance style out of a hat.  The results are amazing!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2007, 10:42:51 AM »

She is still firmly in third place, which is fine!

Not any more...hee hee hee...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2007, 10:46:31 AM »

I know about watching UB on line, unfortunately, we have dial up at home and we can't watch streaming video on a 46-52K modem. I also can't save the show as a file and bring it to the home environment to watch because it's a flash streaming program. There is no option to save the program the way you can save certain music links. I tried through keepvid.com and the FLV converter but no luck. Oh, well. I'll just wait until it comes back in reruns.

Ben

« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2007, 10:50:36 AM »

Ms. Mitchell is now in first place but she has people breathing down her neck.

Here are the results so far:

Vote for your favorite FlyerIdol now...  
Mark Casey  2.21%    
Gina L. Donahue  2.21%    
Jean Duemling  7.96%    
Debbi Hodde  20.80%    
Lynn Jump  4.42%    
April McCarty  3.98%    
Amanda Mitchell  21.68%    
Wendy Newman  19.91%    
Jeff Stone  6.19%    
Gus Toney  2.65%    
Suzanne Tryan  %    
M. Wade Wingler  7.96%    

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2007, 10:53:40 AM »

Vibes to Danise.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2007, 10:56:34 AM »

Hi TPunk.  It's nice to see you.  How are you?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2007, 11:01:25 AM »

Antonia, cherie!  Comment allez-vous?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: May 22, 2007, 11:01:50 AM »

Back from errand number one, and will shortly do errand number two.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #140 on: May 22, 2007, 11:02:08 AM »

I watched THE BACHELOR only once this year.  Well, I Tivo'ed it.  Well, I didn't Tivo the whole episode--just this segment where he was getting mud rubbed all over his bod.  I have to get around to deleting that one of these days.

BTW, DR Singdaw, have I mentioned how great Tivo is for running shows in slow-mo?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #141 on: May 22, 2007, 11:04:09 AM »

Hi Jane, I'm good thanks for asking.

Actually for those who don't know, a lot of things have been in flux for the last several months and I finally feel like my life is getting back in order. Rodzinski just recently moved out although we broke up many moons ago. I'm happy to report that we remain very good friends but it has been a tough and at times painful transition for me. I'm now living with a very good friend and co-worker who recently ended her marriage and it's been nice having her shoulder to lean on.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2007, 11:05:28 AM »

I enjoyed last night's episode of HEROES and really liked the ending. Rodzinski came over to watch along with me and my roommate. We dined on a feast of pesto spaghetti, italian turkey sausage and then made short work of a pan of brownies.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2007, 11:05:59 AM »

Now I must go and run group- I hope to pop back in later this afternoon.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #144 on: May 22, 2007, 11:06:13 AM »

SPOILER

Jennifer:  A case could be made for the survival of both Nathan and Peter.  

Getting enough height, Nathan could release Peter and get away from the pending explosion.  Peter could explode, but then regenerate the way everyone figured he would anyway.

Re: The ending of one chapter and the beginning of another -- I LOVED it...here was Hiro fulfilling his destiny and then blinking his way out of slamming into a building.  We at last discover where he went.  We know he has "control" issues...so...here he performed a major heroic act in the kensei tradition, and then he blinks himself back nearly 500 years into the middle of a feudal conflict.  It could not have BEEN more perfect, IMO.  

Parkman's fate is in the hands of the EMTs at this point.

Sylar apparently skulked into the sewer system.  All we saw was a blood trail where his body had been.

I'm more worried about D.L., although it seems he MAY survive.

singdaw

« Reply #145 on: May 22, 2007, 11:07:11 AM »

have I mentioned how great Tivo is for running shows in slow-mo?

:o

;D

Ben

« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2007, 11:16:41 AM »

This from Michael Shayne on May 13th:

I think the theater they used at least for the exterior shots was the Music Box as you can see the Helen Hayes across the street

If you can see the Helen Hayes Theatre then it isn't the Music Box. The Helen Hayes is on 44th Street between Broadway and 8th Avenue and the Music Box is on 45th Street between Broadway and 8th Avenue. If you saw the HH Theatre then the theatre was probably the Broadhurst. Depending on the angle it could have been the Shubert Theatre (not directly across from the Helen Hayes but kind of kittycorner) or the Majestic Theatre (ditto what I just said). Depending on when they filmed the sequence it could have been the Broadhurst because it was empty for a while between the time History Boys closed and Les Miz opened. I don't think they would have changed the marquee, even for a daytime shot, for either Phantom (Majestic Theatre) or Spamalot (Shubert Theatre). The theatre across from the Music Box (which currently houses Deuce) is the Gerald Schoenfeld (formerly the Plymouth Theatre). A Chorus Line is playing there. It's also kittycorner from the Booth Theatre where The Year of Magical Thinking is playing and kittycorner from the Bernard Jacobs Theatre (formerly the Royale) which now houses Frost/Nixon.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 11:17:54 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #147 on: May 22, 2007, 11:19:07 AM »

I am now working my way through last week's posts. I am through Snot. That will be the title of my next book - I Am Through With Snot!

Jennifer

« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2007, 11:20:53 AM »

DR JRand that flyergroup page would not load for me unless i added flyergroup.com/flyeridol.

They arranged that page very strangely. The names aren't listed beside the faces, so I had to count up from the bottom to find your niece!

But i did read it and vote.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2007, 11:25:15 AM »

This morning I went for a walk, and I saw these juvenile herons waiting for dad to come home with a fish:

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Up