Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: THE POINT  (Read 46007 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:THE POINT
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2007, 06:42:58 AM »

Great pics, DR Ben (though when I first saw the first one I thought, 'How the hell did a frog get up on their apartment balcony?!?")

LOL DtM---I thought the very same thing!

And what a cute frog it is!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2007, 06:46:04 AM »

Speaking of frogs, we had dinner with my little French boy last night. He's leaving today to go back to Paris, but he has decided to stay at the Sorbonne a little longer (he's been teaching there for 12 years) so that means he'll be coming back in October. We will be in the new house by then (she said) so I'm planning to have a party and invite all our friends who know him and all the friends he's gotten to know from working here over the years. We will celebrate 20 years of friendship, as well!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ben

« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2007, 06:49:04 AM »

I deleted the picture from Page 3 (The Winner), resized it and moved it here along with the text. It wouldn't let me just change the picture. Oh, well.

On Monday night we played a musical theatre related game. Karen was born in 1957 so her sister's boyfriend put together a game involving 50 years of Tony winners. He put together a list of each Tony winning Best Musical from 1957-2006. He had a 30 second song clip from each show. We had to identify the show, the song and the year it won the Tony for Best Musical. Each question, depending on how much you answered was worth 1-3 points. No bonus points if you knew the singer (darn). Well, guess who won! I was surprised at the number of "special interest" men who did NOT know their musical theatre. Many Gay cards were revoked that night. Obviously, I won (or I wouldn't be writing this long post). We began with My Fair Lady, I Could Have Danced All Night, 1957 and Ended with Jersey Boys, My Eyes Adored You, 2006.

Here is a picture of me receiving the prize, a pack of Florida playing cards.

Ben

« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2007, 06:49:34 AM »

I have a meeting to attend, unrelated to the presentation in CT in June.

Later!

singdaw

« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2007, 06:58:02 AM »

I just want everyone to know that my "PAGE 4!" post was accurate, until Ben deleted his post!!!!   :)

singdaw

« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2007, 06:58:36 AM »

DR Ben, when your CT schedule firms up, let me know...perhaps it would work out to meet!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2007, 07:05:16 AM »

TOD:  Since my major rush of 70s music was during grad school, I usually jumble the late 60s and early 70s together.  What I loved:

Janis Joplin with Big Brother & the Holding Company
Any Judy Collins
Dr  Hook and the Medicine Show
Streisand's STONEY END
Elly Stone's solo album for Columbia

Spoo! I realize I'm more a listener to singers and songs I like over writers, but I had forgotten how much I liked Carole King's "Tapestry" album and Laura Nyro and Dory Previn.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2007, 07:06:41 AM »

Sadly, this does not appear to be currently available on CD...

I have two solo albums for Ms Stone, one from Columbia and God-alone-knows who released t'other.

CR Ben, you removed the Cinemascope post!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2007, 07:15:44 AM »

Much love to Danise!  And much appreciation to her friend Thelma

FJL

« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2007, 07:16:04 AM »

Happy birthday to Jeanne

Ginny

« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2007, 07:18:45 AM »

Related to the TOD, here's the Cincinnati Enquirer review of the touring

Mamma Mia!

currently playing the Aronoff.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2007, 07:20:11 AM »

Happy Happy Birthday to DR Jeanne. I hope BK gets you a big cake today!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2007, 07:20:33 AM »

Loved the photos, Ben. I, too, wondered how the frog got on a NYC balcony.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2007, 07:20:42 AM »

I just want everyone to know that my "PAGE 4!" post was accurate, until Ben deleted his post!!!!   :)

My! Aren't we defensive this morning?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2007, 07:22:35 AM »

Since the last weekend of June is the invasion - I mean visitation - of DR MBarnum, perhaps a few non-NY H/Ks such as DRs Dan(the Man) and singdaw, and others, will want to come into the City?

Ginny

« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2007, 07:24:20 AM »

Since the last weekend of June is the invasion - I mean visitation - of DR MBarnum, perhaps a few non-NY H/Ks such as DRs Dan(the Man) and singdaw, and others, will want to come into the City?

DR Elmore - remember DH Richard and I will be in town that weekend, too!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2007, 07:26:30 AM »

Last night DR Jennifer posted:
RE: LOST finale

SPOILERS

I loved jack telling kate he loved her. But i am so curious whose funeral jack went to in his flashforward. Any ideas?

***  MORE LOST SPOILERS  ***

I loved the show last night.  My heart was pounding throughout!  The only thing that I question is why did Charlie stay inside the chamber when he closed the hatch door?  He could have easily slipped outside and closed it and saved himself and Desmond from the water.  And he had important information to tell Desmond (and the other survivors.)  The only thing that I can think of is that in that brief moment of time, he decided that he had to fulfill Desmond's premonition of his death so that Claire would be rescued off the island.  But that seems like such a heavy decision to make in such a short amount of time.

I'm puzzled about Naomi and the rescue freighter.  She had been claiming (and had good evidence) that they were looking only for Desmond under directions from Penny--they didn't even know the island was there.  And yet Penny disowned any knowledge of such a rescue freighter and Ben warned that these "rescuers" have been specifically looking for the island and will kill everyone there, which seeing how things turn out in Jack's flashforward, is probably more or less factual.  But I've thought that Desmond was the wild card in all this--how would anyone outside of Penny and the Others know that he was on the island?  Why would Naomi say she was looking for him?  Well, I guess it's all fodder for the coming seasons...

Speaking of Naomi, I did not like that she was taken out so soon.  It seems that newcomers don't last long with the original survivor group.  I was expecting Juliet to also buy it last night, but I'm glad she didn't--I've grown to like her for her sly sense of humor.  

I was also worried that Hurley would be sacrificed.  I so loved it when he drove the van to the rescue!  Also loved seeing Ben get his.  And seeing Rousseau finally meet Alex.

Anyway, to answer DR Jen's question:  I think the funeral Jack went to was Michael's.  It was in a black neighborhood and when the funeral director asked Jack if he was family or friend, Jack replied, "Neither."  What has me wondering is who was Kate referring to when she said "He doesn't know I'm out" or some such thing.  Sawyer?  The husband she abandoned?  Someone else?  Hmmm...

Boy, last night's episode really has me thinking.  It's going to be a looooong eight months!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 07:34:59 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Michael

« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2007, 07:28:38 AM »

I also would like to addd

Happiest of birthdays to DR Jeanne!

Belated happy birthday to DR Tomovoz's DP Colin!
Never stop dreaming.

singdaw

« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2007, 07:29:26 AM »

I want to very much!!  Unfortunately, the big walking/eating tour is likely to be Sat the 30th or Sun the 1st, and that is when I will be in Chicago.  I'm hoping I can meet up with some H/K's [especially visiting DRs Ginny and MBarnum] Sunday night July 1st, if my plane gets in on time.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 07:30:34 AM by singdaw »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2007, 07:29:28 AM »

DR Elmore - remember DH Richard and I will be in town that weekend, too!

I hadn't forgotten.  Are we feeling short-shrifted today?

I don't consider your advent a plague as I do that of others from Oregon who shall remain nameless out of decency.

Michael

« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2007, 07:30:58 AM »

BK mentioned yesterday I must be skipping postings. Well I think I have and.....

I think I figured out why I miss certain postings. When I return and hit new I don't think it takles me to the point where I left off. So for now one I will post before I leave and then I know where I have to pick the thread so I won't miss anything.
Never stop dreaming.

singdaw

« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2007, 07:31:43 AM »

others from Oregon who shall remain nameless out of decency.

Have you no decency, sir?

:)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 07:33:59 AM by singdaw »

Michael

« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2007, 07:31:51 AM »

TOD
I know they are probably not from the 70's but PETER ALLEN & MICHAEL CALLEN.
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2007, 07:32:24 AM »

I know I always promise that I will get up there, but this time I will mark out the time on my calander.  When will DR MB be up there exactly?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Michael

« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2007, 07:32:31 AM »

So now I will post and get ready for my root canal this morning.
Never stop dreaming.

singdaw

« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2007, 07:35:17 AM »

***pain-free root canal vibes***
for DR Michael S!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2007, 07:36:35 AM »

TOD:

She didn't write a lot of her own material, but I will mention Phoebe Snow.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2007, 07:37:06 AM »

Will we never get to page two?

Come and gone in a flash.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2007, 07:38:41 AM »

I know I always promise that I will get up there, but this time I will mark out the time on my calander.  When will DR MB be up there exactly?
        Too Soon!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2007, 07:41:43 AM »

Good morning!

A crazy morning already with lots of phone calls and changes of plan. But it's a pretty day out, so that's something at least!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Up