Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: SNAP, CRACKLE, AND POP  (Read 31104 times)

Tomovoz

Re:SNAP, CRACKLE, AND POP
« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2007, 03:45:55 PM »

I received my copy of "The Making of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" this week. DP Colin and I enjoyed the show very much (as did Ben and Ant.) in London. Sad that it was "watered down" and did not find an audience on Broadway. I think it needed the involvement that is part of UK children's theatre. The audience needs to be part of the show for the magic to work.

I've had to wait this long for the DVD as it has been way too expensive.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

singdaw

« Reply #241 on: May 30, 2007, 03:47:12 PM »

I'm free!

Now, really, DR elmore3003, I knew you were cheap, but free?   ;)

Congratulations!   :)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2007, 03:48:09 PM »

DR George have you watched Jeff Wayne's W of the W or Val Kilmer is Moses yet?

No. ::) But tonight might be a good night to do so.  I did skip through a bit of "WotW" when I first got it and since I only have last night's "Boston Legal" to watch from TV and I don't have rehearsal, I'll start with that first. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #243 on: May 30, 2007, 03:53:36 PM »

I always thought eating Grape Nuts was like eating little rocks.  They had no flavor (unless you dumped a ton of sugar on them), and I always felt like they were going to break my teeth.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2007, 03:54:43 PM »

I always loved Raisin Bran.  I adored all the sugary Kellog's products, especially Sugar Pops and Frosted Flakes.  My daughter liked Fruit Loops and that sort of thing.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #245 on: May 30, 2007, 03:55:01 PM »

Vinnie was obsessed with Count Chockula.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #246 on: May 30, 2007, 03:55:38 PM »

And wasn't there a choclaty cereal in the late fifties?  I can't remember the name - was it Cocoa Puffs?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #247 on: May 30, 2007, 03:55:51 PM »

Will we never get to page ten?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 03:56:12 PM by bk »

singdaw

« Reply #248 on: May 30, 2007, 03:56:22 PM »

Has anyone else seen a resemblance between Simon Pegg, the very cute star of Hot Fuzz and our own MBarnum?
Separated at birth?
MBarnum:
Simon Pegg:

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #249 on: May 30, 2007, 03:56:41 PM »

Finished watching a DVD.  I have to shave before rehearsal - I haven't done so since last Saturday.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #250 on: May 30, 2007, 03:57:19 PM »

Wherefore art thou, page ten?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #251 on: May 30, 2007, 03:57:48 PM »

And what does Art have to do with thou OR page ten?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #252 on: May 30, 2007, 03:58:07 PM »

I will single-handedly take us to page ten if necessary.

singdaw

« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »

So, DR der Brucer...when is the kiddie party?  Or did it happen and I missed it?  And, more importantly...

Are you doing the kitty litter cake?

:)

singdaw

« Reply #254 on: May 30, 2007, 04:01:04 PM »

And what does Art have to do with thou OR page ten?

He's busy being appreciated by DR Dan (the Man)...wait, I think I meant that in reverse...

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #255 on: May 30, 2007, 04:02:06 PM »

bk - not a question, but just telling you I'm writting to the cd people again as I haven't received aforemetioned CD.  Pushing almost 2 months here.

singdaw

« Reply #256 on: May 30, 2007, 04:02:14 PM »

I'm afraid page 10 is a long way off...

singdaw

« Reply #257 on: May 30, 2007, 04:05:23 PM »

A question for Ask bk day:

We know that you often commission or create charts especially for your recordings.  But what happens if you want to do a CD of many different songs, from different musicals, with the original orchestrations.  Do you rent the full orchestral parts for each show?  And do you then get the entire set of parts for each show for each song represented on the recording?  THAT would be a mountain of material!  Or do you get sent just the songs you need from each show?  It seems like that would be very daunting.   :P

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #258 on: May 30, 2007, 04:06:32 PM »

I am still alive!!

DBF last week told me I needed sometime away from the stress I have been under the last few months and took me away for a few days. WE went to Wisconsin this past weekend and I do have a few pictures I will post later on. However one of them did not turn out. However, there is one I think a few people will have a bit of fun with.

I do have to say he was right, I needed a bit of a break and I had a lovely weekend as we went traipsing around parts of central Wisconsin. We went to a small cheese factory in Rudolph, WI and i brought home some lovely cheese curds and fresh colby.  The fresh colby puts the stuff in the stores to shame. Another little shop had freshly made German Wurst.

I even made a stop at the infamous Belt's ice cream in STevens Point, WI and had a nice tour of the city. I will admit my bird pictures are nowhere near as good as Laura for I had only a cheap disposable since I had forgotten my camera.  We left right after I was done with Work on Friday.  

I got to meet his parents, siblings and neice and nephew. His nephew graduated from high school and is enrolling at UW-Madison in the fall. BTW, I dont think I will ever be able to go to UW-STevens Point again with a straight face. DBF affectionately calls it "Underwear with Special Powers!"

However my journey was not complete without going to Point Brewery in STevens Point. I came away with some Root Beer and of course, beer!

On the way back we stopped off at the Albertville Premium Outlet Mall. He treated me to shopping, he felt I deserved it. I had not done anything really fun for ME in a long time and he felt I deserved it. I managed self control and spent only $20 and came away with two tanktops and two shirts.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

singdaw

« Reply #259 on: May 30, 2007, 04:10:01 PM »

DR DakotaCelt - what a fabulous idea!  Obviously needed and well-deserved.  It sounds like you had a great time.  Welcome back!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #260 on: May 30, 2007, 04:13:11 PM »

I'm glad you had a good time, DakotaCelt. I hope you had a chance to unwind. We missed you.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #261 on: May 30, 2007, 04:14:52 PM »

Nice pictures Ben!  You gents look like you had a delightful time.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #262 on: May 30, 2007, 04:15:36 PM »

I missed you guys two and I have a picture that I think  singdaw, MissKaren and derBrucer are going to have WAY too much fun with....

singdaw

« Reply #263 on: May 30, 2007, 04:17:02 PM »

:o

:)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #264 on: May 30, 2007, 04:18:10 PM »

Cereal....

When I was a kid I loved APPLEJACKS, CHEERIOS, FROSTED FLAKES< COUNT CHOCOLA, and FRUITY PEBBLES

Now I prefer regular, Multi-grain, or Apple Cinnamon CHEERIOS

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #265 on: May 30, 2007, 04:19:45 PM »

Matter of fact when I saw the sign I thought of you guys... Too bad the other two pics did not turn out for it would have made the one sign even funnier. I will post the two bad ones along with the good one for it fits the the little tale of the three signs

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #266 on: May 30, 2007, 04:21:17 PM »

Sounds like u had a great time, DR DakotaCelt.

Though I did a double-take when I thought I read "...Another little shop freshly made of German Wurst."

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #267 on: May 30, 2007, 04:22:07 PM »

A gal a few years ago at work dressed up as a "cereal killer" complete with  bowl, spoon and an empty carton of milk and cereal

singdaw

« Reply #268 on: May 30, 2007, 04:22:07 PM »

I love that one!  The Tale of the Randy Vicar and the Three Little Signs...

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #269 on: May 30, 2007, 04:22:34 PM »

The tahmatahs need a'waterin'.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Up