Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BLANK PAGE  (Read 38564 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE BLANK PAGE
« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2007, 12:01:31 PM »

What an interesting morning.  Over the weekend I finally found the paperwork from when I'd licensed Spaceship/Naked Space to Germany, and I'd allowed my print to be stored at a lab for ten years with the proviso that I have access to it whenever needed.  So, now that we're thinking about issuing it here, I had the decision to either use the transfer on the German DVD, which is really good but non-anamorphic (although I can probably do it anamorphic, but it would result in slight quality loss from what I understand), or just do a new transfer from the print, which is pristine.  So, I called the lab and after a little while they found the file.  Well, it turns out these lovely people I'd done the deal with never paid their lab bill and then just disappeared, so I'm told the print was auctioned off in 2003.  I told them since my name and signature was on the lab access letter, as well as my address, and that I was the licensor, that it would have been nice had they called me.  They're now trying to track down who it was sold to (they seemed to know him), and so I may be able to buy it back.  If not, I have a friend who can probably find a print for me.  It's most annoying, but typical.  I did get paid a fair amount of money, so it's not like I wasn't well-compensated for the print, but still, it's not right.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2007, 12:03:12 PM »

By the way, I will pretty much show my petunias to anyone who asks.

The Greeks Had A Word For That!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2007, 12:05:11 PM »

I asked, but you didn't show me.  :(

DR Jose, "Ask" and "Attack" are not synonymous.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: May 31, 2007, 12:10:30 PM »

I suspect Elmore's already SEEN your petunias!

Nope.  Nada.  No way.  DR MBarnum is a very modest guest.  I believe he wore his PJs with the bunny ears under his daily clothing.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: May 31, 2007, 12:17:44 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]*****  BREAKING NEWS FROM THE HHW NEWS DESK  *****[/move]

...HHW News has learned that the Extreme TB Patient, who is currently under federal quarantine at the National Jewish Medical and Research Center in Denver, is exceptionally handsome...

...We repeat, HHW News has learned that the Extreme TB Patient, who is currently under federal quarantine at the National Jewish Medical and Research Center in Denver, is exceptionally handsome...

...More on this story as it develops...

I think he's also extremely stupid and inconsiderate: he was asked to not fly to Europe, so he did for his wedding.  He was asked to fly back under security conditions, so he flew a commercial flight and may have infected all the passengers.  I'm against government control of our lives but I think health security is a whole different issue.

On another health front,  I was just informed that Helen Weinberger, my music teacher from grades 10-12, passed away yesterday.  She was a wonderful teacher and a dear lady.  I visted her around three years ago when I was back in Ohio, and I was quite fond of her.  She was a major inspiration and one of the best teachers I ever had.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 01:05:57 PM by elmore3003 »

singdaw

« Reply #185 on: May 31, 2007, 12:19:42 PM »

Well, it turns out these lovely people I'd done the deal with never paid their lab bill and then just disappeared, so I'm told the print was auctioned off in 2003.

STRING THEM UP BY THEIR THUMBS!

Chinchy bassas.

singdaw

« Reply #186 on: May 31, 2007, 12:24:10 PM »

requiescat in pace, Helen Weinberger!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #187 on: May 31, 2007, 12:25:18 PM »

Tonight on tv we have the new Mark Burnett series Pirate Masters (in the Survivor timeslot on CBS).  I am quite curious about this show since it sounds so odd.

I've never even heard of this!  I don't think know I won't watch this...I have rehearsal AND the only "reality" show that I've watched was "The Apprentice."  Those sorts of shows just don't usually interest me. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #188 on: May 31, 2007, 12:29:41 PM »

I've never even heard of this!

ARRRRGH!   String him to the mizzenmast!  Make him walk the plank!

MBarnum

« Reply #189 on: May 31, 2007, 12:32:10 PM »

Oh my golly that brings back memories! There were also a Ketchup bottle and a Mustard jar characters...I didn't own them myself, but my best friend Scott Adams did...these were my top favorite toys.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #190 on: May 31, 2007, 12:35:30 PM »

ARRRRGH!   String him to the mizzenmast!  Make him walk the plank!

Is the view from the mizzenmast almost as good as from the orchesmast?  Are there any obstructions?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #191 on: May 31, 2007, 12:36:42 PM »

One of my co-workers just got back from Vegas and he brought me the latest copy of the magazine, What's On.  On the back cover of this issue is a full-page ad for the Las Vegas production of THE PRODUCERS, starring Brad Oscar.  What is strange about the photo, is that if I didn't already know that Larry Raben was playing the other leading role; I would swear that DR Ben's ever-lovin' Ant had been running off to do the show in Nevada. (I wish I had a scanner so I could show this photo.)

I also noticed that as of sometime in May, Mr. Hasselhoff is no longer part of THE PRODUCERS.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #192 on: May 31, 2007, 12:38:09 PM »

Oh my golly that brings back memories! There were also a Ketchup bottle and a Mustard jar characters...I didn't own them myself, but my best friend Scott Adams did...these were my top favorite toys.

LOL!  I remember having no problem with carrots, potatoes, peppers and cucumbers with eyes, noses, mouths and ears, but that I drew the line at ketchup bottles and mustard jars--that was just plain silly!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: May 31, 2007, 12:38:45 PM »

Okay, I'm going to give you dear readers a head's up - I have gone deep into storage and found another cache of Bay Cities boxes.  I suspected I had these, but couldn't be sure.  Happily, I was very smart in what boxes I took when the company folded.  So, this is not for publication yet (I won't be posting about this for another day on the film music boards), but I have found the title I was hoping to - David Shire's masterpiece, Return To Oz.  I'm giving you dear, dear people first crack at these.  I haven't unpacked the boxes yet, and I have to remove them from their blisterpax, which will take a couple of days.  I can't let these go cheaply, I'm afraid, and I haven't decided on which of two prices I'm going to charge, but I'll give you dear readers the lower of them, which is $25 plus shipping.  Considering this title usually goes for close to $100 or even more (and they don't come up for auction very often - and amazon sellers don't even have one copy), I think it's a bargain.  They sold for sixteen bucks new, so it's really not that much more.  I'm probably going to end up charging $30, so if you're interested, e-mail me at kritzerland@aol.com and I'll tell you how to proceed from there.

MBarnum

« Reply #194 on: May 31, 2007, 12:40:41 PM »

It takes so little to send us on the slippery downward slope!  :)

...and of course many (no names please) have long been at the bottom, trying in vain to make it back to up that steep, steep slope.  8)

Ginny

« Reply #195 on: May 31, 2007, 12:46:02 PM »

On another health front,  I was just informed that Helen Weinberger, my music teacher from grades 10-12, passed away yesterday.  She was a wonderful teacher and a dear lady.  I visted her around three years ago when I was back in Ohio, and I was quite fond of her.  She was a major inspiration and one of the best teachers I ever had.

Oh, DR Elmore, I hadn't heard that.  DH Richard will be interested, I'm sure.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #196 on: May 31, 2007, 12:48:50 PM »

I didn't own them myself, but my best friend Scott Adams did...

A likely story!   ;)    Why anyone who owned the Freakies collection wouldn't also own the mustard and ketchup bottles...      :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 12:52:44 PM by singdaw »

MBarnum

« Reply #197 on: May 31, 2007, 12:51:33 PM »

I have been doing some reading (don't faint Elmore3003) on the plight of Iraqi refugees. I was totally unaware of any of this, but there seem to be over 1 million refugees from that country, people who because of helping American's or being govt workers, have had to leave their homes and country behind as their lives were in danger...and now are living in relocation camps in Syria and Jordan (can you even imagine how horrible that would be to have to put your family through).

The US, who has had a bit of a hand in what is currently happening in Iraq, has so far only let 800 (eight hundred) refugees into our country to resettle. I think that is outrageous and inhuman!

Britain and Germany have not helped much either....the country resettling the most refugees appears to be Sweden, of all places!!

Ok, rant over.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: May 31, 2007, 12:59:22 PM »

If you don't know it, David Shire's Return To Oz score is one of the great scores of all time.  The recording is amazing, it's the London Symphony Orchestra, and it was the first Bay Cities soundtrack CD.  

MBarnum

« Reply #199 on: May 31, 2007, 12:59:29 PM »

See, I wasn't just whistling dixie!!! I was so lucky to grow up in the 1960s and 70s!!!

Mr. Ketchup Head and Mr. Mustard Head (actually I always made it into Mrs. Mustard Head...it just seemd right) were my favorites...and I had all but forgotten Mr. Frenchy Fry and Mr. Willy Burger!!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #200 on: May 31, 2007, 01:00:09 PM »

A likely story!   ;)    Why anyone who owned the Freakies collection wouldn't also own the mustard and ketchup bottles...      :)

Believe me, I am checking Ebay right now!!!! LOL!

singdaw

« Reply #201 on: May 31, 2007, 01:00:41 PM »

MBarnum

« Reply #202 on: May 31, 2007, 01:01:46 PM »

But I must say...I don't think Scott and I even knew this one existed...but boy would I have loved to have this one!!!!!!

singdaw

« Reply #203 on: May 31, 2007, 01:03:22 PM »

Mr. Willy Burger gives me the willies!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #204 on: May 31, 2007, 01:03:47 PM »

I have been doing some reading (don't faint Elmore3003) on the plight of Iraqi refugees. I was totally unaware of any of this, but there seem to be over 1 million refugees from that country, people who because of helping American's or being govt workers, have had to leave their homes and country behind as their lives were in danger...and now are living in relocation camps in Syria and Jordan (can you even imagine how horrible that would be to have to put your family through).

The US, who has had a bit of a hand in what is currently happening in Iraq, has so far only let 800 (eight hundred) refugees into our country to resettle. I think that is outrageous and inhuman!

Britain and Germany have not helped much either....the country resettling the most refugees appears to be Sweden, of all places!!

Ok, rant over.

WE have a lot of refugees in FArgo from both Iraq, namely Kurds, and also from Sudan and Liberia
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #205 on: May 31, 2007, 01:04:54 PM »

Fruit and vegetables - exotic ways of preparing same.

singdaw

« Reply #206 on: May 31, 2007, 01:05:08 PM »

It never occurred to me to want to "change fruits and vegetables into space ships," but at least it's ON TOPIC for today!  :)

What a strange childhood you must have had, DR MBarnum!  ;)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #207 on: May 31, 2007, 01:12:07 PM »

STRING THEM UP BY THEIR THUMBS!

You do so love to show others a good time!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

singdaw

« Reply #208 on: May 31, 2007, 01:13:31 PM »

You do so love to show others a good time!

Kinky!   ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: May 31, 2007, 01:21:10 PM »

I have been doing some reading (don't faint Elmore3003)

I was thrilled to know they're still publishing The Weekly Reader.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16   Go Up