Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: SHOOTING BLANKS  (Read 37038 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:SHOOTING BLANKS
« Reply #240 on: June 20, 2007, 01:43:58 PM »

[shadow=glow,color width,#characters wide][size=8] Page 9 [/size][/color][/shadow]
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 01:45:11 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2007, 01:44:50 PM »

I'll add
Eden Espinoza (John McDaniel Live At Joe's Pub)
Joanne O'Brien (An Enchanted Evening: The Music of Broadway)
Joan Ryan (STAGE: Strouse, Schwartz & Schwartz)

I have the Joan Ryan recording!  I actually made a compilation CD of the versions that I have and I either forgot about that or didn't have room on the CD...no, I just forgot about it. ::) But there isn't room to add 14th recording, anyway, so I'd have to start a volume 2.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2007, 01:49:45 PM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Today we're having a covered dish farewell luncheon for the manager of our department  :'(.

When his replacement takes office, he or she will be the 7th manager or assistant manager in my 10 years in this department.  I'd hoped to retire before having to break in another one.

My friend Margo is on her 11TH supervisor, here...and she's had the same job the whole time!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2007, 01:50:16 PM »

Ron, I saw you were playing cards with some natives last night. Zulus?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #244 on: June 20, 2007, 01:53:21 PM »

Happy 26th Anniversary Vibes to Myself and DH (and DF of Boo-Key)!

Well, I certainly hope that your husband is a Dear Friend to Boo-Key.  That boy will obivously be able to support you in the style you wish to become accustomed to in your Senior years.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #245 on: June 20, 2007, 01:54:28 PM »

Those David Caruso clips were brutal. I cannot believe they are actual lines from a real show and not a parody. MattH is right in that it is difficult to fathom the rest of the show could be any good with howlers like those.

George

« Reply #246 on: June 20, 2007, 01:56:46 PM »

Last night, we had "Shrew" rehearsal (I've only been home for about an hour) with our very first full run-through (without costumes)!  We started at about 8:00 pm and we didn't finish until 10:45!  However, we did stop a few times, and there were a few moments of train wreckage, but overall it went quite well. :)

Nude?

Sadly, no...for the most part. ;)

Fortunately NO for the rest of us. ::)

;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #247 on: June 20, 2007, 01:59:54 PM »

I thought the spiders were different.  Yikes!

I wish I could try one of those apples.

Yeah, that's what Snow White said.
“One thing’s universal,

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #248 on: June 20, 2007, 02:06:05 PM »

Those caruso clips reminded me of this SNL skit when Jimmy Smits was hosting. Transcript:

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/90/90ereversals.phtml

George

« Reply #249 on: June 20, 2007, 02:10:41 PM »

I'll probably start on the TV series ACTION since there are only 13 episodes to view, some of which I have never seen.

I loved this show!  I'd read that they cobbled together an ending to the series after they found out that it had been cancelled. :-\

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #250 on: June 20, 2007, 02:11:56 PM »

Ron, I saw you were playing cards with some natives last night. Zulus?

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #251 on: June 20, 2007, 02:12:08 PM »

If you see a heat wave, should you wave back?

George

« Reply #252 on: June 20, 2007, 02:12:48 PM »

These nuns aren't cupative at all...

In fact, they're the best, bar nun...    :)

One of my aunts from California is coming to visit our family in a couple of weeks.  Her name...Sister Cecelia.  Yes, she's a nun!  And she loves things like this.  She has a great sense of humor! :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #253 on: June 20, 2007, 02:16:51 PM »

If, in France, you had folks who had eaten more than their fill:

Would you say about Philippe that he is "un" full?

Or about Philippe and Margot that they are "deux" full?

And if you happened to win both of them in a contest, would say you "Won deux full"?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #254 on: June 20, 2007, 02:17:15 PM »

(If I don't get a HUMONGOUS groan out of someone for that last one....well...I don't know what!)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #255 on: June 20, 2007, 02:17:41 PM »

One of my aunts from California is coming to visit our family in a couple of weeks.  Her name...Sister Cecelia.  Yes, she's a nun!  And she loves things like this.  She has a great sense of humor! :)

That is not surprising, George, after she got in the habit.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #256 on: June 20, 2007, 02:17:54 PM »

THANK YOU for deleting the image and, thus, saving another page from going into Cinemascope!

George

« Reply #257 on: June 20, 2007, 02:20:55 PM »

The Battle of the Century:

Sacco & Venzetti VS He-Man & She-Ra!!!

On MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch!!

George

« Reply #258 on: June 20, 2007, 02:27:38 PM »

Whelp, enough of this mini-frenzy....don't want Mr. P to accuse me of kissin' up to our Grand Pooh-Pah...

... Places to go, things to do (anniversary card and gift to get for my darling little leprechaun of a DH -- numero 26!) and evil-eye-like cleaning to do ... Adios, mi amiga/amigo(s) ...

Happy 26th Anniversary Vibes to Myself and DH (and DF of Boo-Key)!

Congratulations!  The day after tomorrow (Friday, the 22nd) is my parents' 43rd anniversary! ;D

singdaw

« Reply #259 on: June 20, 2007, 02:32:31 PM »

I have just read all of DR Ron Pulliam's posts.  My mind is agog!  There is just no suitable rejoinder.  :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #260 on: June 20, 2007, 02:35:36 PM »

Have finished rewriting patter and realize Joan still hasn't sent me the final two songs' rough patter - so scatterbrained.   We're rehearsing from three to five, so I shall shortly be on my way.

Transferred some more stuff, including James Horner's beautiful score to In Country.  Never released, it's one of his subdued, pretty Americana scores.  I'm not a huge fan of his, but he does this sort of score well.

Harvey Schmidt sent me the new 110 In The Shade CD - I don't think he's that enamored of it, and frankly neither am I.  I know people revere her as a goddess, but I'm in the "I don't get Audra" camp - she's perfectly okay and, for me, nothing more.  Obviously her voice is good, as is her range, but she does nothing for me emotionally, and that's a real problem with 110 In The Shade.  I don't like the reorchestrations at all, the Starbuck and File are lackluster, and the tempos and little changes are irksome.  So, it's the OBC all the way for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #261 on: June 20, 2007, 02:36:21 PM »

I got a nice big package from MattH today - so it's going to be a Sopranos-fest around these here parts.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #262 on: June 20, 2007, 02:37:22 PM »

Susan E. came by and picked up the mixed CDs, which I hope she'll like.  I picked up my dry cleaning so I have lots of clothes to wear now.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #263 on: June 20, 2007, 02:38:07 PM »

Those David Caruso clips were brutal. I cannot believe they are actual lines from a real show and not a parody. MattH is right in that it is difficult to fathom the rest of the show could be any good with howlers like those.

Well, I DO blame him for a lot of what's wrong with his character. He's turned the sunglasses-on, hands-on-hips, back out of the frame after punchline into his entire characterization. The writers have fed into his ego and delivered a role that's nothing but lame punchlines, and he hasn't demanded anything better.

I have to admit: the show can be very dramatic, very tense, but I find myself laughing just about any time Horatio (Caruso) is on the scene. He has destroyed any credbility for his character with me. Fortunately, the show is filled with more interesting characters than his.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #264 on: June 20, 2007, 02:40:01 PM »

I got a nice big package from MattH today - so it's going to be a Sopranos-fest around these here parts.

I'm glad it got there. With the mail service being what it is, one never knows what to expect or when to expect it!

Matt H.

« Reply #265 on: June 20, 2007, 02:41:32 PM »

Will no one even try to keep up with me?  :D

No way, but I'm enjoying the ride.  

:D

Matt H.

« Reply #266 on: June 20, 2007, 02:43:28 PM »

And now, I'm heading down to take care of a few things and then get back to DUBARRY WAS A LADY. After that, I have several shows on the DVR to get to before RESCUE ME begins at 10.

Since I cleaned the den this morning, I at least have that chore taken care of.

WBBL.

George

« Reply #267 on: June 20, 2007, 02:53:08 PM »

THANK YOU for deleting the image and, thus, saving another page from going into Cinemascope!

Just doin' my part to help. ;)

FJL

« Reply #268 on: June 20, 2007, 02:53:50 PM »

All this infernal wordplay - folks should be ashamed.

:)

FJL

« Reply #269 on: June 20, 2007, 02:56:02 PM »

I remember Mickey Rooney as Hortense in Sugar Babies (Robert Mrose on the tour that I saw in Boston).  She danced a little on her left leg.  Then she danced a little on her right leg.  And between her left leg and her right leg she made a fortune.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up