Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down

Author Topic: CLUTTER  (Read 30852 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:CLUTTER
« Reply #360 on: July 21, 2007, 08:55:32 PM »

It has been windy and there has been some distant lightening. I am hopeful for rain tonight.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #361 on: July 21, 2007, 08:58:31 PM »

Interesting titles....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #362 on: July 21, 2007, 09:01:56 PM »

It is very warm here tonight in Fargo. The temp at 10 was still 80
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #363 on: July 21, 2007, 09:02:41 PM »

Odd, hot as heck out and I have a cold....

Cillaliz

« Reply #364 on: July 21, 2007, 09:06:51 PM »

Is Time Matters your billing program, Cilla?

It's a case management program that does simple billing...which is all I'll probably need. I was watching some training videos on the LEXIS site. I think it will work well. I entered all the contact data on my clients but haven't quite figured out how to enter the time yet.  I'll figure it out in the morning.

Cillaliz

« Reply #365 on: July 21, 2007, 09:12:56 PM »

I did get a lot done today. I still have a ton of set up things to do at the office, today I got my bookkeeping program set up and part of the case management program.  Tomorrow I need to finish that and make sure I have everything ready to go on Nadia's computer.  Then I hope to get some actual work done since Monday will be a lot of introducing Nadia to everyone.

Cillaliz

« Reply #366 on: July 21, 2007, 09:14:24 PM »

At some point I need to hang my pictures on the wall and buy some supplies I need. It will all get done, though. I have faith in that.

Cillaliz

« Reply #367 on: July 21, 2007, 09:16:47 PM »

I think it's time to go to sleep. Boo is feeling a little punk after her shots today and she's sleeping on my lap. Callie is pacing around because Boo is sleeping on my lap....Cats....what can I say.  If we go upstairs there will be room for all of us.

Night

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #368 on: July 21, 2007, 09:30:42 PM »

Good luck Cilla!

Pleasant dreams!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #369 on: July 21, 2007, 09:37:34 PM »

Kitty vibes to the doctored felines of DR CILLA LIZ.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #370 on: July 21, 2007, 09:37:49 PM »

Time for to go to bed.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #371 on: July 21, 2007, 09:44:54 PM »

Good Evening!

What a lovely number of posts - and vintage paperback covers - to peruse after a two-show day.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #372 on: July 21, 2007, 09:48:41 PM »

Oh, man, am I angry.  I just read that some little cabaret thing in West Hollywood is doing a tribute evening celebrating the songs of - wait for it - Stephen Schwartz.  And in this evening one Bruce Vilanch is performing.  And what is he performing?  The song I asked him to do in our show, that's what he's performing - No Time At All.  My idea totally (I have all the e-mails, baby) and now I'm sloppy seconds?  The evening reeks of someone who has seen my e-mails about my show, or read this here site.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.  I've written Brucie a note - we'll see how he responds, but I'm sorry, it's just not right.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #373 on: July 21, 2007, 09:50:23 PM »

As for the performances of ACL today - well, my performances to be more exact... To quote Dot in Sunday in the Park with George... "Concentrate... Concentrate..."  ;)

-And, yes, the emotions in the "Alternatives" scene through "What I Did For Love" did seem a bit heightened tonight.  -And I'm still deciding whether or not to attend tomorrow's "final" performance, but in the meantime...
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #374 on: July 21, 2007, 09:53:57 PM »

very tacky indeed bk...

Jason

« Reply #375 on: July 21, 2007, 09:55:12 PM »

Greetings from Louisville!

Today we had a big family/friends gathering, which involved LOTS of good food. Most of it smothered in cream of ______________ soup, cheese, mayonnaise...well, you get the picture. It was ALL tasty. Here's what we had:

Honey baked ham, fried chicken (not the homemade stuff from last night), Kentucky hot browns, barbequed meatballs, broccoli casserole, potato casserole, potato salad, green beans, sweet corn, baked beans, broccoli salad, macaroni & cheese...God, it's making me sick just to think about how much food I ate.

And then there were the desserts: Chocolate sheet cake with chocolate icing (I made that...from scratch, even!), angel food cake, fruit pizza, fresh fruit with marshmallow dip and, finally, oatmeal raisin cookies.

OY!!

I did swim a little today, so I burned off a few calories, but nowhere near enough to burn off that meal. Wow! Now, that's what Christmas and Thanksgiving is usually like with all those people (I think we had nearly 50 guests). I got to see aunts, uncles, cousins and friends that I haven't seen in many years...it was really great.

And I reconnected with another of my gay cousins - Todd - who says he visits NYC at least once a year, so I gave him my info and told him to call me when he comes to town. He's technically my second cousin, but he's only 10 years older than me. He used to be a model. He still looks fantastic, which makes me sort of sick...he still looks like he's in his late 20's. His sister and brother are also gay, though I don't think any of them are officially "out" to the family.

Dunno how I got off on that tangent, but there you have it...a summary of my day. And now I'm going to go pop from all the food...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #376 on: July 21, 2007, 09:57:02 PM »

DR Noel - I know exactly what you mean.  Being behind the table - or behind the piano, in my case - at auditions can indeed be very "heart-breaking" at times.  Especially when friends come into the room, and even moreso when someone you've seen before comes into the room, has a killer audition, but is just not right for the project.  Again.  And again.  And again.

I do not envy the Actor's Life at all, but I do admire their fortitude and perseverance.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #377 on: July 21, 2007, 09:58:28 PM »

ATTACK OF THE KILLER AUDITION - that's the name of my new something or other   :)

Jason

« Reply #378 on: July 21, 2007, 10:00:33 PM »

OH....and as I was flipping the channels tonight, I saw a guy I worked summerstock with on the Home Shopping Network selling cameras. He's still just as cute as I remember him being. Apparently he's selling real estate in Tampa now. Go figure...

Jason

« Reply #379 on: July 21, 2007, 10:02:53 PM »

...when friends come into the room, and even moreso when someone you've seen before comes into the room, has a killer audition, but is just not right for the project.  Again.  And again.  And again.

Don't talk about me like I'm not here! (Oh! A "Steel Magnolias" reference...)

FJL

« Reply #380 on: July 21, 2007, 10:06:19 PM »

I'm not even going to try to get to 8000 on the same day Cilla reached 10000.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #381 on: July 21, 2007, 10:13:32 PM »

And between shows today, I went ahead and caught the 5:00 showing of "Hairspray" at the AMC Times Square.  Auditorium 19 (out of 25) was packed - sold out - and, for the most part, it was a very attentive and well-behaved audience.

I liked the movie, and the changes they made to the plot (from the original movie and the stage musical) didn't bother me as much as I thought they would.  The final sequence had me smiling and smiling and smiling.  I also didn't miss the cut songs.  Although, after listening to the soundtrack, I was surprised by some of the truncations.  Conversely, I also wish they had included some of the longer intros and outros that are in the movie, but not on the soundtrack.

Nikki Blonsky is a wonderful Tracy Turnblad, and she is supported by a great cast.  -Even though with the "Hollywood billing", all the adults are given top billing.  I do have to say, I was a bit disappointed with John Travolta's turn as Edna, but I think that had more to do with the way the part was written for the movie.  -I also missed an Edna with a "basso-brillo profundo" voice.

Even the final credits are well done.  However, they're not the type that you have to stay in the theatre for - the punk-ish version of "Cooties" wears out its welcome after the first verse.  But it is fun listening to Ricki Lake, Marissa Jaret-Winokur and Nikki Blonksy since "Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now".  *And I'm wondering if they just recorded those vocals over the original Broadway tracks.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #382 on: July 21, 2007, 10:14:22 PM »

DR Jason - So... Tell me more about Todd person/cousin... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #383 on: July 21, 2007, 10:14:43 PM »

Do you think he'd like to see the Reservoir?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #384 on: July 21, 2007, 10:18:05 PM »

-And it turned out there were a couple other "members of the Broadway community" in the movie theatre with me.  During the credits, when certain names rolled by, some cheers started.  -And they happened to start up when I recognized some of the names.  :)

*And I think they were the same people who laughed along with me at some of the cameos and subtler jokes - while everyone else was silent.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #385 on: July 21, 2007, 10:19:42 PM »

Do you think he'd like to see the Reservoir?

LOL!! Somehow, I doubt it, I'm afraid... His partner of several years passed away just a year or two ago and, according to one of my other gay cousins, it's been very difficult for him to deal with it.

I can send you the link to his MySpace page, though... ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #386 on: July 21, 2007, 10:19:59 PM »

DR MBarnum - There are some ways to de-mold and de-mustify your books.  I'd check with one of you local or not-so-local better used book dealers for some suggestions.  Or just Google.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #387 on: July 21, 2007, 10:21:06 PM »

LOL!! Somehow, I doubt it, I'm afraid... His partner of several years passed away just a year or two ago and, according to one of my other gay cousins, it's been very difficult for him to deal with it.

I can send you the link to his MySpace page, though... ;)

I'm a very good consoler.

-I just had to say it.  Before DR elmore did.  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #388 on: July 21, 2007, 10:24:22 PM »

I'm a very good consoler.

-I just had to say it.  Before DR elmore did.  ;D

Hehe...You ain't right.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?