Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: A WANDERING JEW  (Read 30079 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re:A WANDERING JEW
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2007, 08:22:20 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DIGNITY vibes for all and sundry~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move][/size][/font][/b][/color]

H/Ks not dignified???? Gasp!!

And here I thought this was such a dignified site!

Cillaliz

« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2007, 08:24:58 AM »

Thishttp://esthervilledailynews.com/News/articles.asp?articleID=5612 was in my home town paper this morning  :)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2007, 08:25:33 AM »

Heading down now to do some household chores and then commence lunch preparation.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2007, 08:25:56 AM »

Where do you put the word for the hyperlink?  Before or after the web address. I can't seem to get that right

MBarnum

« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2007, 08:29:13 AM »

FJL, you may not smile in photos, but you certainly make those around you smile! I tell you I still chuckle at some of the hilarious things that you spouted during my NYC trip! You just crack me up!  ;D

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2007, 08:30:32 AM »

Edi, your mailbox is full

Vixmom---you ROCK!! Thank you SO MUCH! I sent the link on to my partner; we really appreciate you taking the time to do that!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2007, 08:31:06 AM »

Great article, Cillaliz!!!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

MBarnum

« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2007, 08:31:59 AM »

What a wonderful article Cilla! You have a great deal of compassion and that will be a boon to you and your clients!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 08:32:38 AM by MBarnum »

singdaw

« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2007, 08:33:22 AM »

FJL, you may not smile in photos, but you certainly make those around you smile!

Well put, DR MBarnum!   :)

singdaw

« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2007, 08:33:54 AM »

That's great, DR Cillaliz; thanks for sharing the link!  Did they run a photo also in the print edition?

Cillaliz

« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2007, 08:34:54 AM »

Thanks!  I sent them an announcement when I opened, but didn't expect the interview.  I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

Cillaliz

« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2007, 08:35:34 AM »

That's great, DR Cillaliz; thanks for sharing the link!  Did they run a photo also in the print edition?

No, but that's ok. I'm from a small town, they all know what I look like.  ;D

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2007, 08:35:39 AM »

Circumambulate is a perfect word for a wandering Jew, don't you think?

Does anyone else think Joan Ryan looks like Hilary Swank?

TOD:  well I was too young to read about it while it was going on, but I have spent several years researching my late Uncle Pat's international scandal circa 1961-63 when he was falsely accused of being a Soviet spy.  He ended up spending several years in Leavenworth until the conviction was overturned on a technicality.  The case was front page news for most of the spring and summer of 1962 when his court-martial trial was going on.  It created untold stress for my Dad, who had just been nominated to be a Brigadier General in the Army.  My Dad had to go back to Washington D.C. and testify before some closed-door Senate committee.  Our phones were bugged, and my sister and I were followed to school by the FBI (no joke) to see if we were "passing secrets" to other elementary school operatives.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Edisaurus

« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2007, 08:43:35 AM »

TOD: Well, of course, SACCO AND VANZETTI

And present day: the Atlanta child murders. That was a horrifying summer.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2007, 08:47:22 AM »

TOD - hmmm, OJ, but the notes said other than OJ.   There was Small Sacrifices I think her name was Diane Downs,  Jeffrey McDonald - just saw him on Dateline the other night, Michael Skakel's case was intriguing to me, I didn't follow everything, but followed most of it.  

I'm intrigued by the minister's wife who murdered her husband recently.  I didn't follow the trial very closely but have followed the media coverage.  Winkler...can't think of her first name.  

There have been others....

Edisaurus

« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2007, 08:48:17 AM »

Cool article, Cillaliz! I didn't realize that you came from such a regal legal lineage!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2007, 08:49:39 AM »

TOD - hmmm, OJ, but the notes said other than OJ.   There was Small Sacrifices I think her name was Diane Downs,  Jeffrey McDonald - just saw him on Dateline the other night, Michael Skakel's case was intriguing to me, I didn't follow everything, but followed most of it.  

I'm intrigued by the minister's wife who murdered her husband recently.  I didn't follow the trial very closely but have followed the media coverage.  Winkler...can't think of her first name.  

Weird you should mention Diane Downs--there was an Oregonian article about another lady named Downs this morning, and I was trying to remember Diane's first name.  You probably know she was an Oregon story--really, really sad and very scary.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2007, 08:49:47 AM »

My parents are especially intrigued by the murder in a small town in Missouri that was the basis of the book "In Broad Daylight" and a movie, as well. I think it's Skidmore, Mo.   Anyway, the town bully was shot in broad daylight while most of the town watched and no one has ever cracked and told who did it, so no one has been prosecuted.   The dynamic is fascinating.

Since the town is on the way from my parent's house to my sister's house, they have stopped there a couple times.  I always wonder if they think someone is going to spill the beans while they are in earshot.

They also went to Garden City, KS to see the farmhouse etc from In Cold Blood.  My parents let me watch that movie when I was just a little kid...and we lived at the end of a long driveway. I was scared to go to sleep for a very long time

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2007, 08:50:55 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - tummy feels better this morning, and no more yucky throat, so that's good.  I'm praying I hear something good re the fundraiser show payment - and petrified I won't.  Very nervewracking.

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2007, 08:51:03 AM »

Weird you should mention Diane Downs--there was an Oregonian article about another lady named Downs this morning, and I was trying to remember Diane's first name.  You probably know she was an Oregon story--really, really sad and very scary.

Another shared family thing...she lived in Mesa or Tempe for awhile. I don't know the address now, but when I lived there I did and drove my mother past the house.   Of course it's just a house, but we do that sort of thing in my family.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2007, 08:51:17 AM »

Thishttp://esthervilledailynews.com/News/articles.asp?articleID=5612 was in my home town paper this morning  :)

From Weather Girl to Media Whore! I love it.  

You are an example for us all.  I think it's great.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2007, 08:52:35 AM »

From Weather Girl to Media Whore! I love it.  

You are an example for us all.  I think it's great.

Hey! He called me, I didn't call him....it makes all the difference in the world! ;)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 08:52:57 AM by Cillaliz »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2007, 08:53:46 AM »

Congrats on the interview, DR Cillaliz!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2007, 08:53:52 AM »

I need to get back to work....laters

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2007, 08:54:02 AM »

Jeffrey MacDonald! I read the book FATAL VISION and saw the film but I didn't follow the caqse in the news when it happened; too much theatre and not enough sex and drugs.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2007, 08:54:11 AM »

Nice, Cilla!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2007, 08:54:45 AM »

Hey! He called me, I didn't call him....it makes all the difference in the world! ;)

I know.  Paris Hilton has the same problem! ;)

FJL

« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2007, 08:55:54 AM »

MBarnum - Thanks.

And besides, who wouldn't be happy in the company of such as HHW-ers?  I may have to take a course on Remedial Smiling.  :)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2007, 08:56:22 AM »

Perhaps DR Jose or DR Music Guy or others here who might play auditions as the accompanist can answer this:

Don't accompanists despise these types of books when they're brought in for an audition? I remember at one audition I attended (BYE BYE BIRDIE, I think), a girl plopped a fake book on the piano for her singing audition, and the pianist said, "Didn't you bring anything else?" She ended up singing "Happy Birthday," I think.

DR Matt - most do hate them and can't play out of them.  I have no trouble and it helps if I know the song.  It depends on the person.  But as I tell my kids, never assume anything about your audition accompanist.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2007, 08:57:15 AM »

Move update -- it's not happening.  Long story, just not the right time.  Onward and upward, I always say!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up