Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: LOSING MY MIND  (Read 32615 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:LOSING MY MIND
« Reply #240 on: July 25, 2007, 04:41:42 PM »

Okay, Mother Jorge ... I'm impressed, you've got Mothering 101 -- the chapter on "passive-aggressive guilt tripping" or in this case the "aggressive-passive guilt tripping" down perfectly --

Students take note -- see how Mother Jorge starts with the direct attack guilt trip but stops suddenly then backs off with the innocent "just my 2 cents" then for an extra dose of sugar adds a sweet little wink -- that leaves the child feeling guilty but unable to argue, debate or fight with you about it -- you know, get your motherly dig in quickly and then douse it with sweetness before they have time to get on the defensive ...very, very good Mother Jorge, you've been watching and learning...

My work here is done. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #241 on: July 25, 2007, 04:45:47 PM »

Time for me to get dinner prepped.

Hamburger patties, zucchini pancakes, and something in the way of pasta.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #242 on: July 25, 2007, 04:55:30 PM »

Time for me to get dinner prepped.

Hamburger patties, zucchini pancakes, and something in the way of pasta.

In the shape of a patty perhaps?

MBarnum

« Reply #243 on: July 25, 2007, 05:07:23 PM »

I had a phone message from Charles Bloom, son of my friend and interviewee the late Carolyn Kearney. It seems that Carolyn's husband (Charlie's stepdad) had a stroke this week and it was severe enough that he will be unable to care for their 8 year old dog Koda.

The times that I visited Carolyn and Al during my LA trips were all the more fun because of Koda...he is such a sweetie pie....so if any DRs in the southern California area, or perhaps even the Arizona area (!) might like to give a home to a well behaved, mild mannered, loves children, 8 year old mixed breed (probably Lab and Irish setter or something like that would be my guess) dog please get in touch with me ASAP! And just remember that Koda belonged to the star of THE THING THAT COULDN'T DIE and HOT ROD GIRL!! You would have a celebridog!

Currently Koda is with Charles' aunt who is 75 and not able to care for a dog either.

If I have time tonight I will scan a photo of Koda and post it. He is genuinly a sweety and if I didn't have Bosco I would likely have paid to have him shipped up her to me!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #244 on: July 25, 2007, 05:08:47 PM »

Did you see my thank you post Monday evening?

Yep! but I was hounding DR MattH.  It was such a good show and I couldn't believe it wasn't on his list.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #245 on: July 25, 2007, 05:28:29 PM »

It's time for me to go to the focus group at the Washington Center.  We'll see what it's all about!  Until later.

:)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 05:28:40 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #246 on: July 25, 2007, 05:33:45 PM »

Yep! but I was hounding DR MattH.  It was such a good show and I couldn't believe it wasn't on his list.

I'm shocked my brother didn't email me to watch the show after the pilot.  He didn't mention it until I suggested he watch it.  

Jane

« Reply #247 on: July 25, 2007, 05:36:03 PM »

Is Koda good with cats?  DR Laura has been wanting a dog.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #248 on: July 25, 2007, 05:43:56 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... Since it was such a nice day here in NYC... In fact, just too nice to stay inside all day... Not even in a theatre watching Patti LuPone as Momma Rose...  Instead...

Lunch at the new-ish Landmarc in the Time-Warner Center.  A good burger (served with Bernaise sauce on the side), a good chicken sandwich, and Cotton Candy (which is "off the menu") for dessert.  Strawberry Cotton Candy!

A walk through SoHo and the West Village with stop at Uniqlo, Marie-Belle Chocolates (for some surprisingly spicy Spicy Chocolate Gelato), and Magnolia Bakery (for some Hummingbird Cupcakes and Banana Pudding).  :)

And, finally, a couple of minutes sitting in a park listening to a cool Dixieland-ish combo - while enjoying our Magnolia treats.  -And the singer really could SANG!!

All in all, a very nice day in New York City!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #249 on: July 25, 2007, 05:46:47 PM »

...And I could have sworn my friend, Brett, was having lunch a few tables away from us at Landmarc.  I even went up to his table, put my hand on his shoulder, and almost greeted him with a hug... -Um, I'm not Brett...  Are you sure?  (I mean I was really sure it was Brett)... No, my name is not Brett... Oh, OK...

-Followed by DR Jason and I making a quick exit out of the restaurant.  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #250 on: July 25, 2007, 05:48:46 PM »

Not long after we were married Keith’s father used to ask when I was going to get pregnant.  My response was to ask if he would pay the bills.  That kept him quiet, for awhile.  Then Keith’s brother provided them with a grandchild & he left us alone.

Around that time my parents began the pressure for us to have a baby.  Realizing we couldn’t afford one my mother offered financial support.  I wanted a baby so badly I was tempted to accept.  Sadly we both knew an acceptance of money also included their, or my mother’s, right to tell us how to take care of the baby.  Once my brother’s wife became pregnant the offer was dropped.

Bryan has said he doesn’t want children & Craig is now the age we were when we had Bryan.  Neither are ready for children & I fear by the time a grandchild, if it ever happens, comes along we will be too old to enjoy the experience.  

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #251 on: July 25, 2007, 05:54:17 PM »

We are not in a position to take in any more animals.

DR Kerry, maybe.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #252 on: July 25, 2007, 05:54:52 PM »

Our parents never got on us to have kids. Of course, we were young and poor when we had ours.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: July 25, 2007, 05:55:09 PM »

My insane mother used to bitch at me in front of her friends that I'd never marry and she'd never have grandkids.  Well, my two brothers each produced offspring - the Macbeth's little bitches and Randy's three great kids - and my mother only proved one thing: she was as shitty a grandmother as she'd been a mother.  But she was crazy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #254 on: July 25, 2007, 05:56:19 PM »

...And I could have sworn my friend, Brett, was having lunch a few tables away from us at Landmarc.  I even went up to his table, put my hand on his shoulder, and almost greeted him with a hug... -Um, I'm not Brett...  Are you sure?  (I mean I was really sure it was Brett)... No, my name is not Brett... Oh, OK...

-Followed by DR Jason and I making a quick exit out of the restaurant.  ::)

LOL- I once yelled hello to a woman I thought was my aunt.  She waved back & came up to me with a big hug.  Just as we got close enough to realize we didn't know each other it was a bit late.  So we hugged, said our goodbyes & went our separate ways.  I have no idea who she thought I was, but she sure looked like my aunt. ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #255 on: July 25, 2007, 05:57:21 PM »

The title of today's notes is what I'm doing, because:

2)  Flights to New York, from either Dayton or Cincinnati (we're right between the 2 airports) are expensive and inconvenient.  Does anyone else find it absurd to fly from southern Ohio to Chicago, St. Louis, Charlotte, or Atlanta to get to NYC?

Well, when I had to fly to Atlanta this past spring, I had to fly through Chicago.  So... ???
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #256 on: July 25, 2007, 05:58:16 PM »

Well, downpours all around town except for here. That's what they mean by localized, I guess.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #257 on: July 25, 2007, 06:00:12 PM »

Sometimes when I'm bored I like to go to a travel site and type in a flight to Los Angeles, then scroll all the way down to the bottom to the expensive flights and see how wacky they get. Phoenix to Las Vegas to San Francisco to Denver to Los Angeles.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #258 on: July 25, 2007, 06:01:24 PM »

DR JoseSPiano, have you heard anything on last night's ACL with the new cast members?

I meant to check some of the chat boards last night for any comments especially since I saw some of the "regulars" waiting in line for the Lottery tickets.  However, I ended up getting sidetracked by the first preview reports of Grease... :-\  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #259 on: July 25, 2007, 06:03:45 PM »

Here's another one I will be ordering:

I never missed this show.  I loved the characters and the mysteries much more than those on Scooby-Doo.  I also liked the songs a lot--I even had the album!

Well... When you grow up and your name is "Jose"...  Sometimes watching "Josie and the Pussycats" was a bit painful... Kids can be so mean sometimes.  
 :(

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #260 on: July 25, 2007, 06:13:58 PM »

TCM is running GODSPELL. I knew that several of the actors went on to have very successful careers, but was sad to see that 3 of them had died at a relatively young age. I was also surprised that so many of them didn't do much in show business after that.

Also kind of sad to see them all happily dancing on the still-underconstruction world trade center.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #261 on: July 25, 2007, 06:14:26 PM »

I live in a dog-free household.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jane

« Reply #262 on: July 25, 2007, 06:20:07 PM »

Sometimes when I'm bored I like to go to a travel site and type in a flight to Los Angeles, then scroll all the way down to the bottom to the expensive flights and see how wacky they get. Phoenix to Las Vegas to San Francisco to Denver to Los Angeles.

For only $929 I can fly first class from Medford to Phoenix, with a stop in Vegas.  For $424 I can fly non-stop to Phoenix but I would have to suffer in coach.

For $328 I can fly to Portland, then Seattle, and finally to Phoenix.  For the same amount I can skip the stop in Seattle.

I think it is time for me to stop procrastinating & go wash the dinner dishes. ;D

Jane

« Reply #263 on: July 25, 2007, 06:21:49 PM »

DR Elmore, little did your mother know you would have a wonderful God daughter.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #264 on: July 25, 2007, 06:47:46 PM »

Back from Art's Deli, where I had my tri-salad, and made notes on the script I'll be mentoring (the  musical I did a few weeks ago).  So much wrong with it - we'll see how much of a struggle it's going to be.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #265 on: July 25, 2007, 07:04:10 PM »

DR JEANNE - I work 20 minutes a day on by Pro Form air walker.....which is sort of like a Nordic track, but NO impact.

I then do 100 leg reps and 100 arm reps with my Thigh-Master.

Hummm...don't know the air walker. My stationary bike is the recumbent style and I LOVE it, so I do my cardio on that.

I'm trying to visualize the leg and arm reps on a Thigh-Master.

thanks for the info, JRAND.

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #266 on: July 25, 2007, 07:07:02 PM »

Just for the record, I personally cannot stand it when the spacing between the words is screwy just so the right side looks neat. It makes it hard to read. The right side was meant to be ragged!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Cillaliz

« Reply #267 on: July 25, 2007, 07:09:56 PM »

Well... When you grow up and your name is "Jose"...  Sometimes watching "Josie and the Pussycats" was a bit painful... Kids can be so mean sometimes.  
 :(

;D

I watched this all the time

Cillaliz

« Reply #268 on: July 25, 2007, 07:14:10 PM »

Now that I'm a great aunt, no one asks if I'm going to have children. I like that. I wanted a baby when I was in my early 30s, but I was recently divorced and really in no shape for a relationship let alone a baby.  Then I just started enjoying my life and decided I didn't want to raise kids, either alone or with someone else.  I've never regretted that decision.  

I told my mother that once and she said "If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't have had kids" LOL, thanks Mom :)

« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 07:15:03 PM by Cillaliz »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #269 on: July 25, 2007, 07:35:03 PM »

My Thigh Master is named Suzanne.

DR EDISAURUS thanks for the update....prayers of course for those involved.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up