Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: MUCH ADO ABOUT ADO  (Read 44289 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re:MUCH ADO ABOUT ADO
« Reply #240 on: August 02, 2007, 08:00:26 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]

Feel better soon vibes to DR JANE!!

[/move]

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #241 on: August 02, 2007, 08:04:10 PM »

You're not hallucinating, DR JMK.  We were watching TV a few days ago, and we all went, "WHAT?!??!"  So, through the wonders of DVR, we were able to rewind right there on the spot, and, sure enough, "uncontrollable urges to gamble".  Who knew?  ::)

Right now the powers that be in Atlantic City, Reno, Las Vegas etc are trying to figure out how to introduce the stuff in to the local water supply
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Cillaliz

« Reply #242 on: August 02, 2007, 08:04:30 PM »

VIBES TO DR JANE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #243 on: August 02, 2007, 08:06:48 PM »

All this fuss because the ex-bridge (now raft) had been declared "structurally deficient" in a 1990 Federal Report.

Many blame throwers seem to think that responsible authorities should have closed the bridge at once and commenced repairs. Now congress is rushing forward to dump a quarter billion of my (well, our) tax dollars on the state to fix the bridge - whose demise casued no more loss of life than a good old fashioned multicar freeway collison.

What about the other 77,000 "structurally deficient" bridges on the same list?

der Brucer
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 08:48:27 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #244 on: August 02, 2007, 08:08:56 PM »

Since François kept sending me back and forth to YouTube, I finally stayed there for a while visiting old and new favorites.  I finished up my visit there with a look back at Paul Potts who not only became the winner of "Britain's Got Talent", but also ended up taking the entire British nation by storm.

So, in case you are interested, here is Mr. Potts' final winning performance of "Nessun Dorma."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_5W4t_CBzg

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #245 on: August 02, 2007, 08:10:15 PM »

http://www.mainetoday.com/shannon/014045.html

July 24, 2007
On second thought, I'd rather be fat and restless
Before I knew what My Alli was (the new over-the-counter weight loss product) a cashier caught me eyeballing a box proped near the register.

Cashier: "Oh no. You don't want that. It's only for people who are REALLY overweight."

This is America, I thought. Every woman thinks she's overweight.

Cashier: "I read the side effects. It gives you..." Here she gestures toward the seat of her pants, "...uncontrollable diarrhea. Like, you gas and stuff comes out."

What?! That's a foul reality. But people will go to extreme lengths to drop a few pounds (well, aside from walking 30 minutes a day).

Sure enough, I checked the My Alli side effects and they note, "You may feel an urgent need to go to the bathroom...it's probably a smart idea to wear dark pants, and bring a change of clothes with you to work."

Smarter still, don't take pills that make you soil yourself at the office.

Restless Leg Syndrome Gone, and So Are Your Savings
Not a day after the My Alli discovery, I saw another commercial about restless leg syndrome (RLS). This one, however, noted a newly discovered side effect: compulsive gambling.

I had to Google it. A Mayo Clinic study found a link between an RLS drug and compulsive gambling by people who previously didn't have a gambling problem.

Sounds backwards - you'd think people with RLS would pick up the habit prior to medication in order to give themselves something to do while they wait for their legs to relax. If I couldn't sleep or relax for days in a row I might pick up (a few more) bad habits.

Sure you might lose your savings, your job and your family to addition, but dang your legs feel good.

Posted by Peeved Shannon at 07:09 AM

« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 08:10:57 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #246 on: August 02, 2007, 08:12:23 PM »

All this fuss because the ex-bridge (now raft) had been declared "structurally deficient" in a 1990 Federal Report.

Many blame throwers seem to think that responsible authorities should have closed the bridge at once and commenced repairs. Now congress is rushing forward to dump a quarter trillion of my (well, our) tax dollars on the state to fix the bridge - whose demise casued no more loss of life than a good old fashioned multicar freeway collison.

What about the other 77,000 "structurally deficient" bridges on the same list?

der Brucer

We have a major viaduct in Sioux City that is rated as "collapse imminent" or something like that and it's still open.  They are working on it right now After seeing photos of the underside on the news, I think I'll avoid it until it's repaired

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #247 on: August 02, 2007, 08:13:44 PM »

Are we STILL on page nine?  Are the glory days gone?  Are the gory days here?  I'm watching film noir - it's one of those really annoying films where it's literally all shot on LA locations but you can NEVER tell where you are because the director's angles never reveal the actual location - so what's the point of being on location.  They're about to pull a heist at the Bank Of America in Glendale.  They've just discussed the getaway route - Brand to Colorodo to Verdugo blah blah blah - think we actually can see enough to recognize anything?  Nah.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #248 on: August 02, 2007, 08:15:07 PM »

George, be sure to tell Margo that she has a very strong chance of being approved for Unemployment benefits becuase of the way she was dismissed from her job.  She needs to apply as soon as possible.  The maximum amount currently in Washington State is $515.00 per week.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

vixmom

« Reply #249 on: August 02, 2007, 08:17:02 PM »

I forgot Ben and Cilla had Minnesota roots.... I am glad to hear that none of your lost family or friends

vixmom

« Reply #250 on: August 02, 2007, 08:18:05 PM »

VIBES to George's friend Margo

and to all who need 'em!!!

vixmom

« Reply #251 on: August 02, 2007, 08:18:47 PM »

BTW thank you all for your MOM arm vibes they seem to be doing the trick!

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #252 on: August 02, 2007, 08:18:51 PM »

My Catskills trip was the usual success - changing people's lives (so they tell me) through song improv.

Vixmom - If you see Such Good Friends without your 14-year-old, you'll be sorry she missed it.  There is nothing of a sexual nature in it, however, when people get angry they sometimes use certain words.  People will be talking about the causes of that anger, not the words the cause leads them to speak.  To say more might be giving too much away.

Very gratifying to learn people are buying tickets.  Those attending 4:30 performances will definitely be able to make a 7 o'clock curtain elsewhere.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #253 on: August 02, 2007, 08:21:38 PM »

Will we never get to page nine?

Before you know it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

vixmom

« Reply #254 on: August 02, 2007, 08:21:53 PM »

A Sarah update....

"ok, here we go with round 3 of radiation tx. for Sarah. so far, so good, however she is starting to lose some weight. she eats a little less and vomits more so i guess thats the reason why.  We have been using the feeding tube for about a week now. Sarah does most of the feeding through the tube on her own. She is still writing her diary/future book. any one know any publishers out there???"

Matt H.

« Reply #255 on: August 02, 2007, 08:22:18 PM »

Are we STILL on page eight?

We were but we aren't now.

Matt H.

« Reply #256 on: August 02, 2007, 08:24:06 PM »

Isn't JULIE AND CAROL AT CARNEGIE HALL on DVD?  Have I been wishing too hard?  If not. it damned well should be!

It should be, but it isn't. At least, not on a commercial issue. I suspect there are lots of bootlegs floating around out there, but I don't have one, darn it!

vixmom

« Reply #257 on: August 02, 2007, 08:24:08 PM »

My Catskills trip was the usual success - changing people's lives (so they tell me) through song improv.

Vixmom - If you see Such Good Friends without your 14-year-old, you'll be sorry she missed it.  There is nothing of a sexual nature in it, however, when people get angry they sometimes use certain words.  People will be talking about the causes of that anger, not the words the cause leads them to speak.  To say more might be giving too much away.

Very gratifying to learn people are buying tickets.  Those attending 4:30 performances will definitely be able to make a 7 o'clock curtain elsewhere.

The I will do my best to be there....I will also do my best to drag along former DR WFO (who introduced me to this here site and to your "Our Wedding")

Matt H.

« Reply #258 on: August 02, 2007, 08:26:47 PM »

I spent the first part of my evening watching the remaining bonus features on the WILD HOGS DVD set.

There's a pretty good "making of" featurette that covers the casting and the three big set pieces in the movie, but it ends very abruptly.

Matt H.

« Reply #259 on: August 02, 2007, 08:30:28 PM »

There's a section of three deleted scenes/outakes including an alternate ending (which I think would have worked better for the film, but the director's commentary explains why he thought differently).

There's a blooper reel that doesn't even run three minutes.

Matt H.

« Reply #260 on: August 02, 2007, 08:31:38 PM »

And there's a very brief throwaway featurette on how to persuade your wife to let you buy a motorcycle. Again, it doesn't last quite three minutes and is a pretty worthless extra.

Cillaliz

« Reply #261 on: August 02, 2007, 08:31:55 PM »

I forgot Ben and Cilla had Minnesota roots.... I am glad to hear that none of your lost family or friends

My roots are about 5 miles south of Minnesota, but from my home town, Minneapolis is just as close as Des Moines or Omaha, so duh, we always went to The Cities.  Sam has modeled up there a number of times and my sister in law works for a TV station maybe 90 minutes south of the Cities. They are sort of ties, but not like DR Ben's

vixmom

« Reply #262 on: August 02, 2007, 08:32:23 PM »

Feel Better VIBES for Dear Jane

and Belated Congratulations or Contratualtions as we are now spelling it here in HHH land  to DR Penny on her graduation

Blessings to Richard on his Matriculation!!

Jason

« Reply #263 on: August 02, 2007, 08:32:38 PM »

I'm absolutely pooped. Between the heat (it's 11:30 and still 85 degrees out) and working two shows yesterday and walking around SoHo today and then having a show tonight, I'm wiped out. EXHAUSTED.

That is all.

Matt H.

« Reply #264 on: August 02, 2007, 08:32:50 PM »

By the time those brief features were finished, it wasn't even 7:30 yet, so I put in THE TOAST OF NEW ORLEANS from the musicals box. But, I didn't watch the movie. Instead, I watched the documentary on the life of Mario Lanza. So very sad.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #265 on: August 02, 2007, 08:33:40 PM »

George, be sure to tell Margo that she has a very strong chance of being approved for Unemployment benefits becuase of the way she was dismissed from her job.  She needs to apply as soon as possible.  The maximum amount currently in Washington State is $515.00 per week.

I'm pretty sure that she's already started to look into this.  She mentioned something about how many times a week you have to apply for jobs.

And Thanks everyone for the Vibes for Margo!!  She's spending time with her kids on the coast but I know that she'll be touched for all the support you've shown when I tell her about it. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #266 on: August 02, 2007, 08:35:28 PM »

Now, it's time to go home.  Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #267 on: August 02, 2007, 08:35:44 PM »

I have a good many things on the DVR now, and I thought maybe I'd better watch something so I could erase it. I chose Jack Clayton's THE PUMPKIN EATER which I had never seen before.

It's a pretty astonishing movie with a script by Harold Pinter and a great cast including Anne Bancroft, Peter FInch, and James Mason. I was simply shocked to see Maggie Smith turn up in an "other woman" type of role. I hadn't even noticed her name in the credits, so her presence was really a welcome surprise.

I still have 20 minutes of the movie left, however. So, I didn't end up getting to erase anything, and I added another show - BURN NOTICE which I'll watch tomorrow.

Cillaliz

« Reply #268 on: August 02, 2007, 08:37:04 PM »

It's finally cool enough to have the window open tonight. Callie Sue and Boo are really enjoying it.  We're supposed to have a couple cooler days and then back to the 90s next week.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #269 on: August 02, 2007, 08:38:04 PM »

We can push this to page 10
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up