Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: PLUM TIRED  (Read 37157 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:PLUM TIRED
« Reply #210 on: August 03, 2007, 01:29:39 PM »

Tonight, I should have plenty of time to watch THE LOOKOUT, a film I'd never heard of before doing some research. It looks promising, and it's only 100 minutes long, always a plus in my book if they can bring a movie in under two hours.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #211 on: August 03, 2007, 01:50:41 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, due to some "interesting" schedule, we ended up with a nice, big ole break in the middle of today's session.  So, I decided to head back home for a bit.  -Besides, the wireless internet seemed to be down today at the rehearsal studios.  Ah, well...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #212 on: August 03, 2007, 01:51:00 PM »

Ev'ry day a little death...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #213 on: August 03, 2007, 01:59:23 PM »

DR JMK - I've done that drive up and down the Redwood Highway.  -Isn't the Redwood the same as US 101?  Or at least close to it.  In any case, if you're not sight-seeing, bird-watching, and have no traffic delays, you can make the trip in about six and a half to seven hours.  Otherwise, eight to nine hours should be fine.  -And I'm pretty sure it's closer to 384 miles rather than 284.  Just keep tuning into whatever station is running the traffic alerts to see if there's anything you should watch out for.  Oh, and I seem to remember some tolls along the way too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #214 on: August 03, 2007, 02:01:50 PM »

Oohh!  I guess Lestat will live forever... Or at least for the next five years... With depreciation.  -I just received my Special Payment Funds payment for the recording session (that I did last year).  Ah, Christmas in August.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #215 on: August 03, 2007, 02:04:13 PM »

Friday afternoon greetings!  Today's weather here in Wisconsin is more like I expected - warm, but not humid.  Until the rainstorm during yesterday's matriculation ceremony, it was very hot and humid - not much different from SW Ohio.

Last night I learned how to save a jpg file to a memory stick and today I learned that you can take said device to Walgreen's and they can print multiple 5x7 copies of the photo.  Each person who matriculated yesterday now has a copy of their group photo.  Ain't technology grand?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #216 on: August 03, 2007, 02:04:18 PM »

...And the auditions today went well.  Not a large turnout, but they were looking for specific types anyway.  And there was really only one person who showed up who was a good fit physically.  I'll be heading back down shortly to finish up a few more people, and then tomorrow and Sunday look to be quite full days.  -Heck, at least I'll already be warmed up for ACL tomorrow night after playing auditions all day.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #217 on: August 03, 2007, 02:06:48 PM »

So when exactly does DR Cason get into town?  I have a Reservoir I think he'd like to see.  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #218 on: August 03, 2007, 02:08:08 PM »

DR JRand - I'd wish you and your crew, "Good Luck" tonight, but since we're not supposed to wish people in the theatre, "Good Luck," well...

GOOD LUCK!!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #219 on: August 03, 2007, 02:08:59 PM »

OK, time for me to head back to midtown.  I'll be back after The People vs. Mona.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2007, 02:16:00 PM »

It was SO hot outside today as I did my errands. The car heats up so quickly when it's parked, and it's just an oven driving around after it's been sitting even ten minutes.

You don't have A/C in your car?

Once again, it looks as though I won't mow the grass today. However, I have no early morning plans on Saturday, so I will be up bright and early to do it then.

I despair, I declare, of this chore being an easy one for you.  
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2007, 02:17:13 PM »

OK, time for me to head back to midtown.  I'll be back after The People vs. Mona.

Laters...

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~HEAD Vibes for DRJoseSPiano!~~~~~~~~~~~`[/move]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #222 on: August 03, 2007, 02:20:21 PM »

Friday media report:

CD(car) - audiobook, A New Song, 5th of 9 Mitford books by Jan Karon

DVD - no player in our apartment

VCR - ditto
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #223 on: August 03, 2007, 02:32:03 PM »

You don't have A/C in your car?I despair, I declare, of this chore being an easy one for you.  

Of course I have A/C in the car, but an inferno car takes time to cool down once you're driving, and by the time it cools down, you're at your next place, you stop, and it heats up again.

Matt H.

« Reply #224 on: August 03, 2007, 02:33:09 PM »

I also have that awful kitchen floor to mop today. Looks like I'll head down now to get that done.

WBBL.

Miss Karen

« Reply #225 on: August 03, 2007, 02:39:43 PM »

Or you could type Fran and then press the Alt key (if you're on a Mac I don't know if there is an Alt key or the equivalent of an Alt key). While you're pressing the Alt key press 0231 (that's zero 231) or 135 and when you release the Alt key the lower case ç with a cedilla will appear

François

Good Lordy!  Isn't it just easier to punch the c and know that Francois will forgive me that it's not all fancy?

Miss Karen

« Reply #226 on: August 03, 2007, 02:51:48 PM »

So when exactly does DR Cason get into town?  I have a Reservoir I think he'd like to see.  ;D

Aug. 8 --  :o (You're naughty!) ....How about showing him an agent instead!

FJL

« Reply #227 on: August 03, 2007, 02:53:45 PM »

Cedilla
Miss Karen won't make a cedilla
And when it looks that way
A c is like a k
To me

Cedilla
Miss Karen poo-poos the cedilla
And everyone in France
Now looks at her askance
Oh, gee

(ode to the tune of "Maria")

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #228 on: August 03, 2007, 02:54:26 PM »

Should I be concerned that the auditions for BRAIN are next week and I still haven't been contacted about an appointment time? According to DR Elmore, I am on the list, but I'm still in the dark about what day and time I should show up...and to which rehearsal studio...

I went to bed at 12:45 this morning. That's EARLY for me. One could say that I was a tired little pup.

I'm concerned because you're on the list of names Michael Cassara sent me weeks ago but he hasn't contacted other actors from MySpace who jumped on the bandwagon when this megillah began. If he's screwing with me, I won't be happy.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 02:55:14 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Miss Karen

« Reply #229 on: August 03, 2007, 03:01:25 PM »

Miss Karen - Can't wait for your visit.  Your chocolates will be waiting, and I promise not to open the box and consume them until you're here in town.

I can't wait for my NYC trip, either! But hold on a minute -- aren't you forgetting something my DR FJL?  Rose petals, odes and margaritas, too ....

oh, and maple glazed donuts (I look and sound just like Homer Simpson when I say that word). I just had a French cruller donut with maple icing and I jumped up in the air and floated down making that "yuummm-ummm-um-um-um" sound like that cartoon dog used to do after he was given a treat (I can't remember his name or what cartoon he was in). Love those things -- heavenly!

Miss Karen

« Reply #230 on: August 03, 2007, 03:04:39 PM »

Cedilla
Miss Karen won't make a cedilla
And when it looks that way
A c is like a k
To me

Cedilla
Miss Karen poo-poos the cedilla
And everyone in France
Now looks at her askance
Oh, gee

(ode to the tune of "Maria")

Oh, DR FJL, you sure know how to make a girl's heart go pitty-pat ...

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: August 03, 2007, 03:05:43 PM »

Aug. 8 --  :o (You're naughty!) ....How about showing him an agent instead!

I sent him info and have heard nothing about it from my really good friend Cason. BJ thanked me for the info!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 03:06:08 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Miss Karen

« Reply #232 on: August 03, 2007, 03:07:48 PM »

I can't wait for my NYC trip, either! But hold on a minute -- aren't you forgetting something my DR FJL?  Rose petals, odes and margaritas, too ....

oh, and maple glazed donuts (I look and sound just like Homer Simpson when I say that word). I just had a French cruller donut with maple icing and I jumped up in the air and floated down making that "yuummm-ummm-um-um-um" sound like that cartoon dog used to do after he was given a treat (I can't remember his name or what cartoon he was in). Love those things -- heavenly!

Make that Heav - en - leeeeeeeeee!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #233 on: August 03, 2007, 03:15:24 PM »

Pleased that Danny arrived DR Elmore.  I know how busy you've been - I just wondered.

BK and Rodzinski should have had had mail about the same time I think.  !!!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Miss Karen

« Reply #234 on: August 03, 2007, 03:17:20 PM »

I sent him info and have heard nothing about it from my really good friend Cason. BJ thanked me for the info!

Oh my goodness -- maybe he is a hooligan afterall and I'll get deductions from the security deposit when he leaves his towel and trash on the floor. And here I had been bragging on him as being such a good boy.  I assure you, his mother taught him better....

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #235 on: August 03, 2007, 03:20:40 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Good afternoon, one and all!  Let the weekend begin.[/move]

Any news on whether or not Liza has accepted the role of Joyce?  My only fear is who could possibly play Fred opposite Liza?  After all, Enzio Pinza is dead.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jason

« Reply #236 on: August 03, 2007, 03:20:58 PM »

I'm concerned because you're on the list of names Michael Cassara sent me weeks ago but he hasn't contacted other actors from MySpace who jumped on the bandwagon when this megillah began. If he's screwing with me, I won't be happy.

I also sent Mr. Cassara a private email submission several weeks ago, but still no info... And I just submitted myself for another NYMF project that he's casting...nothing on that one, either.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #237 on: August 03, 2007, 03:21:10 PM »

Oh my goodness -- maybe he is a hooligan afterall and I'll get deductions from the security deposit when he leaves his towel and trash on the floor. And here I had been bragging on him as being such a good boy.  I assure you, his mother taught him better....

As Dorothy Parker once said, "you can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #238 on: August 03, 2007, 03:21:46 PM »

Thanks for posting that. I sent it to my friend as a cautionary tale:

Don't stay confined to bed for TOO long!

And seventeen different fathers!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #239 on: August 03, 2007, 03:23:47 PM »

I also sent Mr. Cassara a private email submission several weeks ago, but still no info... And I just submitted myself for another NYMF project that he's casting...nothing on that one, either.

I just sent him his original list to me on July 13 about people Bruce and I had requested he bring in, and I cc'd it to BK.  You and people who responded from MySpace when Bruce asked me to post a notice were all on it.  According to his email, you shoouyld have been contacted the week of July 20.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Up