Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: COUNTDOWN TO THE BRAIN  (Read 36694 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:COUNTDOWN TO THE BRAIN
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2007, 10:43:51 AM »

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide][size=8] Page 6 [/size][/shadow]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2007, 10:44:09 AM »

Now that's what I'M talkin' about!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

singdaw

« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2007, 10:45:23 AM »

What say you wingslaw?

I say, "A pox on ALL their houses!"  Get the corrupting money out of the system and maybe we can get somewhere.

However, that said:  

I am an H/K.  And I vote.    :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2007, 10:46:13 AM »

Hello, I must be going.  Had to come home and get my cell, which I left on the charger.

singdaw

« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2007, 10:46:21 AM »

Who puts the "ape" in apricots?

singdaw

« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2007, 10:47:08 AM »

Had to come home and get my cell, which I left on the charger.

I hate it when that happens!    :P

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2007, 10:52:33 AM »

Just watched the first 13 minutes (that's all they got) of PUSHING DAISIES on ABC.com.  I like what I saw but I have no idea where they will go with this in the long run.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2007, 10:57:30 AM »

Upload a photo and discover which celebrities you resemble the most HERE.

Sample collage:

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2007, 11:04:01 AM »

Well, I have to plan a trip to Ohio.  The damned Macbeths are throwing more flies into the ointment.  I think I may fly in for two days, not let them know I'm coming, hire a crew to empty my dad's house and get the damned thing accomplished.  I clearly can't count on the Macbeths for any help.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2007, 11:09:23 AM »

It's a shame that you have to do that, DR elmore3003.  On the other hand, it sounds like it might be a quite effective way to go.  Unfortunately.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #160 on: September 17, 2007, 11:12:07 AM »

Vixmom, thank you for the update on sweet Sarah.  Wishing her a healthy, rich life.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: September 17, 2007, 11:17:55 AM »

Upload a photo and discover which celebrities you resemble the most HERE.

Sample collage:

If I'm not mistaken, there is only one female here--and I don't look like her. Yeah, yeah, I know. I need to post a photo of myself. One of these days...

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2007, 11:21:22 AM »

I'm so out of touch with the new fall TV shows that's it's...well, I couldn't BE any more out of touch. I've been renting lots of old classic films I never saw, as well as British TV, and finding it far more satisfying, plus more convenient. But, then again, I have to say, "Who? Who?" a lot.

MBarnum

« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2007, 11:26:22 AM »

I just read that Brett Somers passed on to that MATCH GAME in the sky. She died on Saturday at age 73 (I would have guessed her to be much older then that!).

singdaw

« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2007, 11:27:50 AM »

I have to say, "Who? Who?" a lot.

Icon't believe it!    8)

I'm right there with you, DR Jeanne!    :P

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2007, 11:29:36 AM »

I'm so out of touch with the new fall TV shows that's it's...well, I couldn't BE any more out of touch. I've been renting lots of old classic films I never saw, as well as British TV, and finding it far more satisfying, plus more convenient. But, then again, I have to say, "Who? Who?" a lot.

I wallow so much in the offerings of TCM that I fear I'll not have time for the new season...or room on my DVR.

I'm burning DVDs as fast as I can of movies I love but aren't on DVD commercially.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #166 on: September 17, 2007, 11:30:23 AM »

Well, I have to plan a trip to Ohio.  The damned Macbeths are throwing more flies into the ointment.  I think I may fly in for two days, not let them know I'm coming, hire a crew to empty my dad's house and get the damned thing accomplished.  I clearly can't count on the Macbeths for any help.

DAMN!

Double DAMN!

A POX on the MacBeth's.

singdaw

« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2007, 11:34:04 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam, does your DVR allow you to record directly to DVD, or does that involve a "workaround"?

singdaw

« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2007, 11:34:53 AM »

Not being terribly technically minded, the only way I can accomplish this is to dub from DVR to VHS and then back to DVD.  Cumbersome, to say the least!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2007, 11:39:46 AM »

I was at the local video store the other day when another customer, an older man, started a conversation with me about films. He was obviously a film buff--and older films, not contemporary ones. I had the impression that he welcomed a chance to talk to someone who also likes nonmainstream productions. I told him about HHW, but he didn't seem interested, so I let it drop. I do have the impression that many film buffs are eager to talk to others who share their interests and to complain about the shortage of good movies at the local theatres.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: September 17, 2007, 11:42:45 AM »

Not being terribly technically minded, the only way I can accomplish this is to dub from DVR to VHS and then back to DVD.  Cumbersome, to say the least!

I don't have a DVR and am not up on these things, but (silly me) I thought the whole point was to record the program to DVD. Could someone pls enlighten me?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: September 17, 2007, 11:45:50 AM »

I wallow so much in the offerings of TCM that I fear I'll not have time for the new season...or room on my DVR.

I'm burning DVDs as fast as I can of movies I love but aren't on DVD commercially.

I do know that many films have been slow to go to DVD, but are there still quite a few?

Jane

« Reply #172 on: September 17, 2007, 11:55:59 AM »

Quote from: Jeanne
 But, tell me, am I the only one who thinks there's something WRONG with that dress? The two front sections aren't joined properly or something.  
[quote

I stared at the dress for awhile & finally decided it is the way she (who is she anyway?) is standing.  One would have to stand perfectly straight in that dress to keep it looking symmetrical.  And I'm not sure that would be an improvement.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2007, 12:02:47 PM »

I do know that many films have been slow to go to DVD, but are there still quite a few?

Thousands and thousands...and then some.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #174 on: September 17, 2007, 12:06:04 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam, does your DVR allow you to record directly to DVD, or does that involve a "workaround"?

I have a DVD/VHS recorder connected to both my DVR (line out from DVR to line-in on DVD/VHS recorder) and my TV (component video cable out from my DVD/VHS recorder into my TV).  

I can record off the DVR or directly from a show currently airing.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #175 on: September 17, 2007, 12:07:02 PM »

I stared at the dress for awhile & finally decided it is the way she (who is she anyway?) is standing.  One would have to stand perfectly straight in that dress to keep it looking symmetrical.  And I'm not sure that would be an improvement.

Is this the Helen Mirren dress?  If so, I thoroughly agree with both of you.  It looks odd in that picture.

Jane

« Reply #176 on: September 17, 2007, 12:08:09 PM »

Whether anyone likes Sally Fields or not, her speech last night was in tune with the character for which she won her Emmy....a mother whose son had served in Afghanistan, returned to the U.S. with a drug problem and was, yet again, called back to active service in the Middle East.  

T.  I don't feel award ceremonies are the place for  political speeches, however, that makes her statement more fitting to the moment.  

Bruce, James Spader does is wonderful on BOSTON LEGAL.

Jane

« Reply #177 on: September 17, 2007, 12:13:14 PM »

That was Helen Mirren!  

Jane

« Reply #178 on: September 17, 2007, 12:18:36 PM »

DR elmore, sorry.  I hope the estate is covering your expenses, as were mine when I had to go to LA to take care of my father's place.  Basically it was my flight & car rental since I stayed with him.  We could have covered our meals out, if we had thought of it.

Jane

« Reply #179 on: September 17, 2007, 12:20:18 PM »

Thank you Jose.  I haven’t spoken to Craig yet to find out if the flight went well.  I figured I would give him time to settle back in at home.  She left out of NY so they spent some time there first.  

I’m pleased you are feeling better about Mary Poppins.  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up