Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: COUNTDOWN TO THE BRAIN  (Read 36690 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:COUNTDOWN TO THE BRAIN
« Reply #210 on: September 17, 2007, 01:44:24 PM »

I am intrigued by the idea of "Hare Krishna" being accompanied by an accordion.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 01:46:11 PM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #211 on: September 17, 2007, 01:46:08 PM »

A POX on the MacBeth's.

Please, No! The way they run around screwing people you'll start an epidemic.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #212 on: September 17, 2007, 01:47:12 PM »

I am intrigued by the idea of "Hare Krishna" being accompanied by an accordion.

You think Catholic Poles have a monopoly :D

der Brucer

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #213 on: September 17, 2007, 01:51:37 PM »

I've met people who say they saw the original production of ANYONE CAN WHISTLE.  I've talked to people who say they saw CARRIE.  I've even known people who were there for GOT TU GO DISCO.

I've yet to meet anyone who actually saw Jerry Lewis and Lynne Redgrave in HELLZAPOPPIN'.

HELLZ BELLZ

I saw the Original Broadway Show

And What's more I saw All 9 performances of ANYONE CAN WHISTLE
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 02:42:39 PM by ArnoldMBrockman »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #214 on: September 17, 2007, 01:54:29 PM »

I don't have a DVR and am not up on these things, but (silly me) I thought the whole point was to record the program to DVD. Could someone pls enlighten me?

No, the DVR is a temporay storage device (think one big RAM drive), It lets you record a program for later viewing (either because you are away or or watching a different channel) - it has a limited capacity (mine holds about 30 hours) and you must delete shows once the baby fills up. The DVR is on-line whenever you are viewing, so you can rewind a show in progress and re-watch a scene you might havr missed (then fast forward thru commercials to get caught up).

der Brucer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #215 on: September 17, 2007, 01:54:52 PM »

Using my avatar pic, I'm told I resemble Danny Kaye, Glenn Danzig, Tim Robbins, Mario Andretti, Alan Rickman, Carson Daly and Ariel Sharon.  The closest that I would agree with is a picture of Jon Voight that must have been taken on a very bad day.

It's an interesting process, but requires you have a "MySpace" log-in/blog in order to save it in any usable fashion.  I opted to print screen, then scan and then crop/save as a .jpg.  This took its toll on the quality:
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #216 on: September 17, 2007, 01:57:07 PM »

No, the DVR is a temporay storage device (think one big RAM drive), It lets you record a program for later viewing (either because you are away or or watching a different channel) - it has a limited capacity (mine holds about 30 hours) and you must delete shows once the baby fills up. The DVR is on-line whenever you are viewing, so you can rewind a show in progress and re-watch a scene you might havr missed (then fast forward thru commercials to get caught up).

der Brucer

And if you are watching something in progress (i.e. not a saved program) and something interrupts (doorbell, phone, husband, pet or child), you can press "Pause" and then start up exactly where you left off when you have time to resume watching.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #217 on: September 17, 2007, 02:00:20 PM »

JRand:  I'm particularly fond of once resembling Heidi Klum!!!

;D

« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 02:00:54 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #218 on: September 17, 2007, 02:00:39 PM »

But, oy!  Is she in for a shock when she gets to be MY age!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #219 on: September 17, 2007, 02:04:26 PM »

One of my matches is Kyra Sedgewick....so I will have to let them know I am available to shoot THE CLOSER if she gets another gig.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #220 on: September 17, 2007, 02:07:24 PM »

Lucky you, George! I also like the Manhattan Transfer and I HAVE been to Jazz Alley. I used to make frequent trips to Seattle when I first moved to the East Coast. I like Seattle very much. Enjoy the show!

Thanks!  I can't wait to see them...and twice in one night! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #221 on: September 17, 2007, 02:08:36 PM »

Thanks!  I can't wait to see them...and twice in one night! :D

Do they know you are one of the Living Dead?  ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #222 on: September 17, 2007, 02:09:19 PM »

Tonight TCM is showing some of the product of Teddington Studios....an English studio that I never head of ... should be interesting.

George

« Reply #223 on: September 17, 2007, 02:13:47 PM »

Do they know you are one of the Living Dead?  ;D

Not yet.  It's on a need-to-know basis, and they don't need to know...yet. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #224 on: September 17, 2007, 02:18:52 PM »

Does anyone know when the Emmy Awards are going to be on?

In about a year. ;)

singdaw

« Reply #225 on: September 17, 2007, 02:20:08 PM »

if you can connect your DVR to your VCR, why can't you connect to your DVD recorder?

I just meant that the DVR has a built in "save to VHS" feature, but not "save to DVD."  I imagine if I re-plugged all the wires, I could eventually get it to do what I wanted!

singdaw

« Reply #226 on: September 17, 2007, 02:21:29 PM »

Miss Blue Moon says to Zach:  "Woof!"

Zach says "Woof!" back, and wants to know when they can arrange a play date?  :)

singdaw

« Reply #227 on: September 17, 2007, 02:22:15 PM »

DR George - That is fantastic - it should be incredible "live"!  I'm happy for you and jealous, of course.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #228 on: September 17, 2007, 02:32:55 PM »

Please, No! The way they run around screwing people you'll start an epidemic.

der Brucer

So true.  Musicians in their blues band, my dad, my other brother and sister-in-law moi, and I suspect many more . . .

So, all hell will be breaking loose. As executor, I just sent a letter that will put their panties in a bunch.  Should be interesting.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 02:34:00 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #229 on: September 17, 2007, 02:33:52 PM »

I've got some writing to take care of and then I'll be heading downstairs to read another Harry Potter chapter. I don't remember getting to it yesterday, so I'm ready to proceeed today.

I cleaned the dining room this mornig, so no bother about that.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #230 on: September 17, 2007, 02:43:37 PM »

Tonight TCM is showing some of the product of Teddington Studios....an English studio that I never head of ... should be interesting.

They all have one- or two-star ratings in their ComCast writeups.

:)

« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 02:45:06 PM by Ron Pulliam »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: September 17, 2007, 02:48:44 PM »

It's time to pack up my work kit and head down to the band rehearsal.  I hope it goes well.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: September 17, 2007, 02:50:10 PM »

No one wanted to sup, so I came home and had a couple slices of pizza from Fat Sal's.  Not quite as good as it's been, but still fine.  Band rehearsal will start around seven, as it will take a half-hour to load in the instruments.  The rehearsal studio that we've used for most of this has been the most awful in my long experience.  Most places go out of their way to make sure their customers are happy.  Here, they do the opposite.  This morning they were reamed out and had to give us some extra time for free, but they caused me a delay of thirty minutes, which meant I only had my leading lady for thirty minutes.  

They make us completely clean the room every day, including pulling up our spike marks.  Well, we walked in this morning to a pig sty - apparently those rules only apply to us.  My General Manager, who is almost as bad as I, had a strong chat with them.  You'd have thought that would have done some good, but then they pulled some other crap just before we left.  When this is done, I will make sure that as few people as possible use their space, and I think we all know that we have many readers in the business and I have access to every theater site.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #233 on: September 17, 2007, 03:00:02 PM »

On a clear day, see forever!   :D

Very witty!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #234 on: September 17, 2007, 03:03:40 PM »

A Pox on the MacBeths....

Vibes for successful resolution Elmore
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

« Reply #235 on: September 17, 2007, 03:03:50 PM »

DR George - That is fantastic - it should be incredible "live"!  I'm happy for you and jealous, of course.

I've seen them live six different times (the first time in 1984!)...this will be seven and eight. :D I hope I can get autographs!!  I've gotten some from eBay and Cheryl Bentyne played in Seattle last year and I got hers in person, but not the rest of theirs.

George

« Reply #236 on: September 17, 2007, 03:04:28 PM »

So true.  Musicians in their blues band, my dad, my other brother and sister-in-law moi, and I suspect many more . . .

So, all hell will be breaking loose. As executor, I just sent a letter that will put their panties in a bunch.  Should be interesting.

Give 'em hell, Harry!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #237 on: September 17, 2007, 03:04:32 PM »

Thanks for the updates on Sarah, vixmom... I have had her in my thoughts. May she beat the evil 'c'.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: September 17, 2007, 03:15:17 PM »

In case anyone think I should just name the rehearsal studio in question, it's Roy Arias.  The most ineptly run rehearsal studio in all my close to forty years in show business.

MBarnum

« Reply #239 on: September 17, 2007, 03:15:23 PM »

Singdaw, the "save to VHS" applies to a DVD recorder as well. My Comcast DVR says the same thing, but instead of attaching it to a VHS machine I attached it to my DVD recorder. It works swell!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up