Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: LIKE A PERFUMED WOMAN  (Read 32853 times)

Cason

• The time is nigh!
Re:LIKE A PERFUMED WOMAN
« Reply #210 on: September 23, 2007, 03:40:45 PM »

Cameras on the NYC action por favor.

Just for you JRand - I'll bring mine out tonight!
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

FJL

« Reply #211 on: September 23, 2007, 03:41:10 PM »

Her ensuing cab ride?  So she's trying to get her flowers by hiring a cab driver to sue for them - well, I'll get an ensuing limo driver....

...Oh wait, I had a point but may have lost it somewhere.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #212 on: September 23, 2007, 03:44:51 PM »

So....is "Step In Time" as much fun onstage as it is in the movie?

I'm afraid not, although it's very different.  It does have one great bit where Bert taps up the side of the proscenium all the way to the top, and then all the way across and down the other side of the proscenium.

Matthew Bourne's numbers are sometimes strange.   Again, it's all very enjoyable, though.

FJL

« Reply #213 on: September 23, 2007, 03:45:05 PM »

My Brain is frying from looking at the "final" Starfighter script too much today.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: September 23, 2007, 03:46:11 PM »

Waiting to hear dinner plans, although I had a rather good lunch at 44x10, which, believe it or not, is open during the day (closes at three, though, then reopens for dinner).  I had Eggs Benedict.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: September 23, 2007, 03:49:01 PM »

Will we never get to page nine?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: September 23, 2007, 03:49:21 PM »

FJL, did you see my comment that I added you-know-where?

singdaw

« Reply #217 on: September 23, 2007, 03:50:18 PM »

My mother invented a short-cut version of Eggs Benedict for when she doesn't feel like taking the trouble to make the full version.  She calls it "Eggs Benedict Arnold."

Tomovoz

« Reply #218 on: September 23, 2007, 03:52:29 PM »

Is thas what is known as Brockman Eggs?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #219 on: September 23, 2007, 03:54:33 PM »

FJL and BK are being quite covert today.  
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

singdaw

« Reply #220 on: September 23, 2007, 03:55:50 PM »

Full security precaution steps must be taken - DR Miss Karen is in the building!  ;)

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #221 on: September 23, 2007, 03:58:58 PM »

Expect a call soon BK...

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #222 on: September 23, 2007, 04:08:39 PM »

Is thas what is known as Brockman Eggs?

My Favorite Breakfast Food- Eggs Benedict

Regular or Benedict Arnold or whatever.

Yum!

3DDiffusion

« Reply #223 on: September 23, 2007, 04:13:38 PM »

Is the Times going to publish its review after the Brain has closed???  ???
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #224 on: September 23, 2007, 04:31:15 PM »

Like a Perfumed Woman

JOEY,JOEY,JOEY

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #225 on: September 23, 2007, 04:39:43 PM »

The session on the Plaza Hotel arrangement went very well, but it wasn't long enough so I will be adding a number to it tonight.  The event is on Monday, Oct 1; the rehearsal is next sunday, 12:30-2:30. I believe.

After that, I rushed down to West 46th Street to meet Donna Lynne Champlin for the 4:30 performance of THE PIPER, which has a glorious Irish score played by a band of five (piano, cello, guitar, percussion, pipe and violin double) and an onstage violin played by the multitalented Nancy Anderson.  There's too much music and too little plot, which cannot make up its mind if it's a variation on the Pied Piper, Jack the Ripper, Irish politics in Boston around 1892, or the perils of being an ex-whore and dealing with a mysterious crippled bastard daughter.  The music won me over but the book, with an especially ridiculous conclusion, bothered me.  It was a mostly excellent cast featuring my friends Christiane Noll and Catherine LaValle, and the musical staging was by Janet Watson, wife of FANTASTICKS author Tom Jones and sister of the glorious 1960s ingenue Susan Watson.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #226 on: September 23, 2007, 04:40:44 PM »

My printer is not accepting directions from my Mac.  I am very frustrated at the moment.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #227 on: September 23, 2007, 04:43:10 PM »

Hello from E & T Edisaurus! I still don't have internet service at home and may not before heading to NY next week. But in one corner of our new house, we can mooch off the one neighbor who doesn't require a pasword, when they're in town and when they're home but not sleeping.

Consequently, I only get to read about 4 pages or so before the service disappears. This is beyond frustrating.

To compound things, my work has virtually disappeared after THE CLOSER. I had one day of work after the move (I cut a "Thank You" Emmy spot which never aired since Sally Field won!) and although I had a large project editing for the SAG awards, it's the time of year when Turner panics about money (actually it's about a month early this year) and pulled the job in-house with their editors.

I can't say I'm too unhappy about this development. I love the producer and we were looking forward to working together again, but this it didn't really give me any time to line up any other work to take its place. And now I can't surf the internet and read the posts at work, while loaading or waiting for approvals, and I can't read at home, and I feel quilty about going somewhere to read when my DH and I are trying to get the house more liveable.

I wanted to read all the posts before writing in but I'm not quite finished yet. Still, some of the tragedies and victories and things to celebrate have manifested and resolved themselves, so I'm going to chime in now, after reading of the triumphant premiere night of THE BRAIN.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #228 on: September 23, 2007, 04:43:27 PM »

But first a word from our sponsors:
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #229 on: September 23, 2007, 04:48:17 PM »

Tonight at 8PM, est, for those of you who are at home and not at the NYMF, tune in PBS for Ken Burn's THE WAR, produced by my partner Peter Miller.

I've only seen one episode, but it was phmnomenal and I think the best thing Ken has ever done.

I have to say that I haven't been a huge fan of his work for awhile, but I loved the episode I saw. There are no scholars or historians...it's the story of WWII told by the people who fought it and those around them, from 4 parts of the country.

I know this is late notice but pbs will usually run these several times and it's my first chance to mention it.

The achival footage Peter found was phenomenal, much of it never before seen here as it came from the Japanese and german government.

So, tune in!

singdaw

« Reply #230 on: September 23, 2007, 04:52:53 PM »

Hi, DR Edisaurus!  So glad to see you here and know that everything is OK.  Looking forward to seeing you and DH Greg in NYC very soon.

Edisaurus

« Reply #231 on: September 23, 2007, 04:53:37 PM »

DR Cillaliz has met Peter (I think bk and Adriana and the NY contingent may also have when we premiered SACCO AND VANZETTI) but those who haven't will be able to meet him at the Sept 30th showing of THE BRAIN. He's bringing his wife and two daughters. I described the questionable elements but he seems to think they can deal with muscular men in gold lame, etc.  

He's looking forward to meeting all the HHWers, particularly FJL, who he is very grateful to, and thanking everyone who so generously supported our film but attending screenings or buying/renting the DVD. So be sure and introduce yourselves so he can thank you or in the case of der B, dodge his rotten tomatoes!

singdaw

« Reply #232 on: September 23, 2007, 04:54:05 PM »

So, DR Laura, did the visiting preacher say a big THANK YOU to you?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #233 on: September 23, 2007, 04:54:34 PM »

With all of the HHW people gathering in NYC, why has there been precious few photos??  Pictures!  There should be a LOT more pictures! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #234 on: September 23, 2007, 04:55:40 PM »

Great to see you back on-line, Edi!  I hope you take some pictures while you're in NYC! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #235 on: September 23, 2007, 04:55:54 PM »

And now...back to light fixtures. :P

singdaw

« Reply #236 on: September 23, 2007, 04:56:00 PM »

the questionable elements

Wait a minute...

There are near-naked men in The Brain?    ::)

Edisaurus

« Reply #237 on: September 23, 2007, 04:56:40 PM »

So I will try to respond to what I've been reading over the last weeks and repond with:

Condolences to DR Ginny and DH Richard for their loss. I followed the whole story and was hoping for the best, and was very sad about the outcome, but glad that you are both dealing with it as best you can. We'll buy you drinks in NY---I'm glad that you will still be able to join the festivities and may it be a welcome mental break.

Edisaurus

« Reply #238 on: September 23, 2007, 04:56:59 PM »

And we did finally get the shower working, so never fear about that...

singdaw

« Reply #239 on: September 23, 2007, 04:57:43 PM »

My printer is not accepting directions from my Mac.

DR elmore3003 - did you try telling your Mac to ask the printer politely?  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up