Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: LIKE A PERFUMED WOMAN  (Read 33051 times)

singdaw

Re:LIKE A PERFUMED WOMAN
« Reply #240 on: September 23, 2007, 04:58:41 PM »

And we did finally get the shower working, so never fear about that...

Oh, and I was going to volunteer to sit next to you, anyway...

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #241 on: September 23, 2007, 04:59:07 PM »

So, DR Laura, did the visiting preacher say a big THANK YOU to you?

She's not a visiting preacher; she is one of our members. And no.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

singdaw

« Reply #242 on: September 23, 2007, 04:59:51 PM »

She's not a visiting preacher; she is one of our members.

Oh.  That's even worse.

Sorry!   :P

singdaw

« Reply #243 on: September 23, 2007, 05:03:06 PM »

Call me a wussburger - with cheese.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #244 on: September 23, 2007, 05:04:34 PM »

I also spent a few tense days worrying about Callie and am so glad that everyhting came out OK, so to speak. I hope she continues to heal and you won't have anything to worry about while youre in NY. And we're looking forward to seeing you, too!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #245 on: September 23, 2007, 05:05:45 PM »

George, congratulations on your attainment of zombiehood. You look cute in your new avatar!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #246 on: September 23, 2007, 05:07:29 PM »

TCB - she says "Har, har, har!"

Well, if I can bring a little humor into her humble, drab life; then my work today is finished.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Edisaurus

« Reply #247 on: September 23, 2007, 05:08:05 PM »

Ah, dear Singdaw, thank you so much for your concern about my whereabouts. I was very touched that you missed me---believe me, I sure missed being here and missed you, too! And I'm happy that you're willing to make such sacrifices on my behalf! :-)

Edisaurus

« Reply #248 on: September 23, 2007, 05:09:15 PM »

JRand57, all your stories about your show were great! I really enjoyed folliowing that, as well as the progress of the NYMF shows.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #249 on: September 23, 2007, 05:11:11 PM »

Just for you JRand - I'll bring mine out tonight!

WOW!  Oh, your camera.  Well, don't just take it, but use it.
“One thing’s universal,

Edisaurus

« Reply #250 on: September 23, 2007, 05:12:13 PM »

DR Michael Shayne, I'm glad you are now about to post for yourself, but VERY sorry to hear that the accident will keep us from meeting you and will ruin your trip. But as a recent accident victim (someone ran a red light and totalled my car a little over a year ago) I have to say just concentrate on how fortunate you were to come out so well. Good karma, obviously! (Or else you drive an "urban assault vehicle"!)

Edisaurus

« Reply #251 on: September 23, 2007, 05:12:49 PM »

Forgive my typos---I don't have time to proof. I only have one bar of signal and I'm waiting for THAT to disappear!

Edisaurus

« Reply #252 on: September 23, 2007, 05:13:54 PM »

Now, birthdays!

Happy, happy birthday, DR Singdaw! It sounds like you didn't really have an all-out celebration, so I presume you're saving yourself for us!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #253 on: September 23, 2007, 05:14:23 PM »

Is thas what is known as Brockman Eggs?

And then there is Brokeback Eggs, which you always have to turn over.........
“One thing’s universal,

Edisaurus

« Reply #254 on: September 23, 2007, 05:15:34 PM »

And DR Elmore---it sounds like you had a splendid birthday and are enjoying the fruits for your orchestral labor. (Well, maybe not last night, but...)

I definitely think you should celebrate all the way until cloing night. Macbeths be damned!

Edisaurus

« Reply #255 on: September 23, 2007, 05:18:01 PM »

DR Laura, I've loved all the pictures and can't believe you take those with a pocket-sized camera. No matter how great the lens is, it's nothing without a great photographer!

I hope you've had a happy birthday; the photographic evidence appears that way!

BTW, I think you should make your photos into note cards as well as a book!

Signed,

Your Agent

Edisaurus

« Reply #256 on: September 23, 2007, 05:19:55 PM »

Congratulations to Jason and I have my fingers crossed that Mr. Fezziwig will make his way to Atlanta! I saw Georgia on the list but I don't know if it was on YOUR list. Anyway, if you do make it here, we'll take you out for dinner and even to "place of interest". Our new neighborhood is full of interesting places!

Edisaurus

« Reply #257 on: September 23, 2007, 05:22:27 PM »

And congratulations to bk and the Brainiacs. I'm looking forward to seeing it so much and have been playing the soundtrack non-stop in my car. I've decided that I might go to an extra showing before closing night, because I know that Sunday night i'll be kicking myself for only seeing it once!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #258 on: September 23, 2007, 05:24:49 PM »

I described the questionable elements but he seems to think they can deal with muscular men in gold lame, etc.  

I am sure we could all deal with muscular men in gold lame - -if someone would ever post a photo!

Oh, and welcome back Edi.  Enjoy your trip next week.
“One thing’s universal,

Edisaurus

« Reply #259 on: September 23, 2007, 05:25:08 PM »

DR Elmore, thank you so much for sending the BRAIN postcard---it was my second piece of personal mail at the new house and holds a place of honor in my new editing room.

Ginny

« Reply #260 on: September 23, 2007, 05:25:40 PM »

Woo and Hoo, DR Edi is back!  It's so nice to see you on line and I can hardly wait to meet you next weekend.  Thanks for your kind thoughts.

We now have everything out of Harriet's apartment, except for some things Rob will pick up tomorrow and the big things, which require a truck and some young backs.  Those will be moved tomorrow evening, including a couch that we're putting in our bedroom.  It will replace a smaller couch that has been in there that's now here in my study/dressing room.

My DH, his brothers, their wives, and a niece did a marvelous job yesterday and today.  Grandma would be proud.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #261 on: September 23, 2007, 05:26:10 PM »

Ooops, had to join a new nextwork. We'll see how long that lasta. I'm standing in the corner in the dark, typing. There are no lights in this room yet!

Edisaurus

« Reply #262 on: September 23, 2007, 05:27:36 PM »

Thanks for the WB, TCB and Ginny!

Ginny, I hope you have wonderful movers like we did!

Ginny

« Reply #263 on: September 23, 2007, 05:28:53 PM »

Ginny, I hope you have wonderful movers like we did!

The husband of the aforementioned niece, his brother, and maybe our DS Rob.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #264 on: September 23, 2007, 05:31:04 PM »

Comcast---different story. We dinally got things working here today, after 6 visits and at least 20 phone calls. I think I mentioned before how much they suck, but little did I know the depths unto which they could suck!

3 vists were a bust because the tech didn't bring a ladder. Greg even went and bought a $200 ladder for one guy but then he ended up hooking things up wrong.

Today they replaced the whole cable and things are finally working but now they say they're going to come back and bury the cable in the yard. I hope I'm here and they don't destroy the yard or the garden wall. Oh, how I hate them!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #265 on: September 23, 2007, 05:33:03 PM »

It got to 92 today in Fargo
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Edisaurus

« Reply #266 on: September 23, 2007, 05:34:01 PM »

AT&T & Earthlink were also frustrating.

AT&T wouldn't agree to give me a call forwarding message until I had disconnected my phone. Now thtey wat 40 bucks to reconnect it to give me this service and another 10 a month. So, fuggedaboutit. Most of the call on my home phone are telemarketers, or my mom. She knows where to find me.

I had this phone # for 25 years...you'd think they could cooperate a little. Oh well...

Edisaurus

« Reply #267 on: September 23, 2007, 05:35:55 PM »

Earthlink said they would not hook up our internet until the address on our AT&T accound matched our new phone number. We couldn't get AT&T to update their info for a week. Yesterday it finally matched, so now Earthlink say it will take them another week! Argh!

How do people do it who move a lot?

Edisaurus

« Reply #268 on: September 23, 2007, 05:36:39 PM »

Thanks to all who watched our film---DR Jeanne, thank you for your lovely review!

FJL

« Reply #269 on: September 23, 2007, 05:36:50 PM »

Welcome back, Edi!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up