Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: GOODBYE NEW YORK, NEW YORK, HELLO LA, LA  (Read 49215 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re:GOODBYE NEW YORK, NEW YORK, HELLO LA, LA
« Reply #150 on: October 01, 2007, 08:49:32 AM »

Don't know why that link isn't working--it works fine by itself.  But if you search for this:

Delial - Glej naokrog

You should get the super-groovy Slovenian version of "Look Around."
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #151 on: October 01, 2007, 08:56:45 AM »

Don't know why that link isn't working--it works fine by itself.  But if you search for this:

Delial - Glej naokrog

You should get the super-groovy Slovenian version of "Look Around."

Why does the idea of this scare me?  ;D

LOL...DR JANE....  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #152 on: October 01, 2007, 09:01:48 AM »

Monday morning afternoon greetings!  We had a great time at the Brain finale last night - my DH was such a good sport and is still speaking to me, after all.

We are really vegging at our apt. today - slept until 9:30.  I'm not even dressed yet, but will soon get myself in gear and call DR Elmore.  Maybe we can take Edi & Greg's place and visit the Plaza rehearsal this afternoon.

Although many have already left and some have probably already reached their destinations - travel vibes for all who need them today!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: October 01, 2007, 09:12:47 AM »

Welcome Home to BK!

Whenever you rejoin us!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #154 on: October 01, 2007, 09:12:51 AM »

Hi DRMattH! While you were gone i made some comments about most of the new shows i watched (reaper, chuck, dirty sexy money, bionic woman). (click on my name and see my last 10 posts).

I'm curious did you see DIRTY SEXY MONEY? It was much different than what i was expecting.

I forgot to mention I agree with your comments on the Bionic Woman and Jamie.

I watched the promo for Dirty & found it interesting.  I was tempted to watch but I doubt Keith will like it, so I passed.

We watched REAPER last night and enjoyed it very much.  I remember elmore found it funny?  Anyone else?  We have high hopes for this show.

MOONLIGHT has also made it through round one & will be given a second chance.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #155 on: October 01, 2007, 09:13:59 AM »

Hi, there, good morning, gang.

My sister rikki walked in the door about 7:15 this morning, to squeals of delight from her little dawg! They are both upstairs now, having a nap.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #156 on: October 01, 2007, 09:14:24 AM »

And I'm having another cuppa coffee!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #157 on: October 01, 2007, 09:14:44 AM »

Welcome back, Noo Yawk travelers.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #158 on: October 01, 2007, 09:15:07 AM »

Jane, i love the bell vignette about Sherlock!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #159 on: October 01, 2007, 09:16:52 AM »

Nice blue sky and cool morning wather - later on I expect it will be too hot for me again... sheesh, I used to love hot weather. Twenty years in the northwest (jeez, is that right? 20??) have thickened me blood, and predisposed me to love the cool forest and shun the sun.
PennyO

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: October 01, 2007, 09:17:03 AM »

We watched REAPER last night and enjoyed it very much.  I remember elmore found it funny?  Anyone else?  We have high hopes for this show.

I thought REAPER was a hoot! The premise was funny ('by the way, son, before you were born we sold your soul to the devil"), I loved the people at the Home Depot-type job, and I think Ray Wise is genius casting.  Its sense of outrageousness (the DMV a station of hell) is quite appealing.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #161 on: October 01, 2007, 09:17:36 AM »

Do I know how to empty a room, or what?
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #162 on: October 01, 2007, 09:18:02 AM »

Oh! There you are, elmo!!! hi, my honey.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #163 on: October 01, 2007, 09:18:34 AM »

I miss your sweetness, dear one.
PennyO

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: October 01, 2007, 09:23:24 AM »

I miss your sweetness, dear one.

Me? Sweet?  I love your delusions, dearest PennyO, and I just plain miss your being around Noo Yawk.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2007, 09:24:48 AM »

DR PennyO, was there another show that I fogot about during all "The Brain" bruhaha?  If so, how did it go?

Kerry

« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2007, 09:24:51 AM »

I wish you the best. BK on your trip home; I know how anxious you are.  Please keep me and DR Laura posted on the fundaiser.   I regret missing BRAIN on both coasts, so I would like to make it to the fundraiser if i can.
I like boat races.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2007, 09:25:19 AM »

I saw The Red Shoes last night, after decades. Boy, oh boy, that gal was something. Very fun to see Robert Helpmann, after so much time had passed, and after having seen Villela, Nureyev, Barishnikov, Peter Martins, Jacques d'Amboise and other really butch dancers in the intervening years...
PennyO

Jane

« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2007, 09:25:28 AM »

Keith just called me to Sherlock's deck, and there he was with a big branch from a bush in his mouth wanting to bring it in with him.  When I opened the door he did just that & took it to one of his beds we have scattered around the house.  I had to pry it away from him.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2007, 09:26:51 AM »

DR PennyO, was there another show that I fogot about during all "The Brain" bruhaha?  If so, how did it go?

I did a weekend of JEWISH THIGHS up in Washington - my first performances of anything since the off-Broadway production two and a half years ago, when I was commuting back and forth NY-LA while my parents were dying...
PennyO

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #170 on: October 01, 2007, 09:27:33 AM »

Of last week's shows, I watched "Chuck", "Heroes" and "Journeyman" on Monday.  I enjoyed all three, but agree "Journeyman" takes some effort.  At least it has the extremely talented Kevin McKidd in the lead role and he is always a joy to see act, IMO.

"Chuck" hit my funnybone in just the right way.  It's not hammy, but quirky.  It doesn't belabor a bit of schtick...rather, it finds unconventional means for a comedic touch.  A computer nerd whose brain has been downloaded with thousands of CIA/NSA secrets, "Chuck" is now a most valuable property...and an agent from each agency is keeping tabs on him as he attempts to live a normal life.

"Heroes" will maintain my devotion despite my misgivings about the way two new characters were introduced.  I'm not sure "misgivings" is the best word...I thought the sequence was too drawn out.  I "got it" the first time, yet the conceit of them being "on the run" and in-danger-while-being-dangerous went on a bit too long for me.  It would have been better to have just demonstrated the terrible power and moved on. Hopefully, all won't be like that  (last season, I thought way too much time was spent on the Nikki/Jessica story line).

Wednesday this week will be interesting for "Pushing Up Daisies".  And, of course, the second episode of "Life."

Last Thursday's "Ugly Betty" was quite fun/touching to me.  I really enjoyed the show.  I recorded "Smallville" and it did not disappoint when I watched it Saturday.  Ditto "Grey's Anatomy" was quite good, although I'm having my doubts about this continuation of the Izzy/George relationship.  I didn't buy it last season, and I'm less inclined to buy it this season.  My least favorite character is Meredith Gray, the "main" character (as the title implies).  I think she's boring and most unlikely to be the center of so much attention.   But that's just me, I guess.  "Supernatural" returns for Season 3 on the CW Network, following "Smallville."  I haven't heard where "Reaper" will be regularly aired.

On Friday, "Ghost Whisperer" was "on form" and terrific. "Moonlight" seems to be a keeper, too.

And last night, I thought "Desperate Housewives" funny and involving.  What a treat to see new neighbors Dana Delany and Nathan Fillion offering to add some excitement to the lives of the Wisteria Lane set.   I've also been led to understand SPOILER that a gay male couple will be moving onto the lane this season.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #171 on: October 01, 2007, 09:28:16 AM »

It was great - felt great to be back up there. And I got laughs I have never gotten before, plus all the usual hilarity. I had cut a lot of the grim and depressing out. Added some songs. Oh, baby! What fun! George came!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #172 on: October 01, 2007, 09:29:34 AM »

George took this new picture after the show, and then helped me upload it to avatar status.
PennyO

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #173 on: October 01, 2007, 09:29:49 AM »

Good morning.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #174 on: October 01, 2007, 09:29:58 AM »

I liked THE REAPER a lot.....I am very intrigued by the goings-on going on at Torchwood.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #175 on: October 01, 2007, 09:30:17 AM »

When next you see Paul Gemignani, tell him Penny Orloff says hello and sends her love.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #176 on: October 01, 2007, 09:30:44 AM »

Good morning, Ron!
PennyO

Jane

« Reply #177 on: October 01, 2007, 09:32:14 AM »

Penny do you think you will be doing the show again?  One of these days I would like to finally see it.  I like that you cut much of the grim & depressing.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #178 on: October 01, 2007, 09:32:29 AM »

Here's to good travel vibes to BK as he travels home.  He might actually be here by now?  Anyhow, I hope the east coast HHW time was exciting.  The rest of us just observed here like so much fish living vicariously through the posts.  *sigh*

In other news, we had quite the time in the pit of AGYG this weekend.  For the matinee on Sunday, I had to cover the 'cello AND the Reed 4 parts, as the 'cellist had a conflict and the Reed 4 player basically forgot.  Which we are all just miffed by as he's always reliable.  I guess we all make a mistake.  On Saturday night, the harpist through a rod in one of her pedals and basically left her harp unplayable on Sunday.  So, on Sunday, I had to cover the harp, which I basically did in rehearsal, but have been avoiding them since the band came in.  So, I had to be on my game.  The good part is that I could put all the glissando's back in!

It's a gloomy day here in the South Bay of the SF Bay Area.  I love fall.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #179 on: October 01, 2007, 09:32:41 AM »

Der Brucer!!! Astonished to see you here, after what must have been a very long day yesterday! Howz yer fine self today?
PennyO
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18   Go Up