Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NATURE OF THE BEAST  (Read 31018 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:THE NATURE OF THE BEAST
« Reply #180 on: November 12, 2007, 01:13:45 PM »

i hope the wind calms down for sherlock's class.  its really been blowing.  at least the rain stopped.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #181 on: November 12, 2007, 01:15:01 PM »

Some of the places in DC and area I have visited: Library of Congress, Ag Department, Voice of America, Kennedy Center, Smithsonian (History and Space Museums), Old Post Office, Old Ford Theatre (even got to see a play there, On Shiloh's Hill), Wolf Trap, Arlington and the tomb of the unkown soldier,  Burn Brae Dinner Theatre (got to see THe King and I)

Went to see our Congressional Delegation both times and only to the House and Senate galleries. The house one was fun, a fist fight broke out.  Too bad some of my pics are in storage at my parents or I could share a picture with you. It was an adventure.

I even got to host a talent show. The gal from Kansas and I had way too much fun!

We stayed at the National 4-H Center in Chevy Chase, MD.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #182 on: November 12, 2007, 01:18:56 PM »

did they catch the shooter?  thank goodness no one was hurt.  did the driver maintain control of the bus?

Not to my knowledge was he caught. The driver was very level headed bloke. He has driven in a few tough neighborhoods.

I do recall the National 4H center filing a complaint and the bus was repaired promptly, within 24 hours.  Apologies were tendered to our delegation. What threw the driver off was some repair work and our hunch is that the construction guy had no clue that we were not a typical DC bus and waved us to go in the wrong direction.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #183 on: November 12, 2007, 01:19:15 PM »

Lunch ran very late, and I was disappointed that I wasn't going to have enough time to watch the entire LADY VANISHES this afternoon so I could start on the bonus features tonight. Oh, well, I'll have to get to the bonuses tomorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #184 on: November 12, 2007, 01:20:14 PM »

I began my viewing by finishing up the CSI/WITHOUT A TRACE crossover episode. This got huge ratings last week, but it really was not among their better cases. It was only fair.

Matt H.

« Reply #185 on: November 12, 2007, 01:21:08 PM »

Next, I zipped through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. The gay characters were not there and they don't appear to be on tomorrow either.

Matt H.

« Reply #186 on: November 12, 2007, 01:24:17 PM »

I got my old copy of THE LADY VANISHES OUT and put it in one DVD player and put the new version in another DVD player. Immediately I was struck by the differences in tint. The old one has a slightly gun metal blue tint to it. The new one is unquestionably black and white. I guess due to the tint, the blacks and shadows seem to be richer (I just watched about ten minutes of it concurrently by switching back and forth between the two versions.)

The new Criterion continues their policy of slightly windowboxing the image. The old one doesn't do that.

As I said this morning, they've ported over the Bruce Eder commentary, so obviously it's the same on both.

Cillaliz

« Reply #187 on: November 12, 2007, 01:28:51 PM »

i hope the wind calms down for sherlock's class.  its really been blowing.  at least the rain stopped.

Somehow I don't think Sherlock will blow over in the wind.   Would that be dog tipping?

Cillaliz

« Reply #188 on: November 12, 2007, 01:30:07 PM »

Ok gang, here's my new website.  It just went up. It may need some tweaking (or is it tweeking?) in any event, at least I have a site now.

www.priscillaforsythlaw.com

Ben

« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2007, 01:35:25 PM »

I just got this message when I clicked on the link

You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.priscillaforsythlaw.com home page.

You can click  Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer  

Cillaliz

« Reply #190 on: November 12, 2007, 01:40:39 PM »

I just got this message when I clicked on the link

You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.priscillaforsythlaw.com home page.

You can click  Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer  

Ok, let me check on that. Tim said it may be awhile before it's actually working. It works for me when I click the link, so i thought it was up

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #191 on: November 12, 2007, 01:42:22 PM »

Ok gang, here's my new website.  It just went up. It may need some tweaking (or is it tweeking?) in any event, at least I have a site now.

www.priscillaforsythlaw.com

And I got the dreaded HTTP 403 FORBIDDEN message!  What exactly are you advertising there?   ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #192 on: November 12, 2007, 01:43:35 PM »

I also clicked Cilla and no luck...

I still send positive vibes for you

Cillaliz

« Reply #193 on: November 12, 2007, 01:44:17 PM »

And I got the dreaded HTTP 403 FORBIDDEN message!  What exactly are you advertising there?   ;)
LOL, it takes me directly to the site, but that won't help business much, will it.  Anyway, I emailed my web guy so hopefully it will be running soon...I'll let you know

Cillaliz

« Reply #194 on: November 12, 2007, 01:45:26 PM »

Can someone try it again? He just emailed that it's up and working

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: November 12, 2007, 01:49:32 PM »

Jeanne, if amazon actually paid for what I sent then I'd be thrilled.  But it's all consignment, so when I see them sitting on twenty-three copies of a particular CD and they order twenty-seven more, then I have to wonder.  

Ah.

Cillaliz

« Reply #196 on: November 12, 2007, 01:52:37 PM »

I think the site should be working.  I just sent myself a message from the contact page and it went through. Earlier I sent a couple and they didn't end up in my inbox.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: November 12, 2007, 01:59:34 PM »

THE LADY VANISHES has always been one of my favorite Hitchcock films. Of course, I may have to watch them all again and rethink it. :-)

Matt H.

« Reply #198 on: November 12, 2007, 02:00:01 PM »

I cleaned the dining room this morning, so I'll be heading down now to see if THE LADY VANISHES. Somehow I believe she will!  ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #199 on: November 12, 2007, 02:01:01 PM »

Well, my dad got the site to work. If he can do it, anyone can ;)

Matt H.

« Reply #200 on: November 12, 2007, 02:01:24 PM »

THE LADY VANISHES has always been one of my favorite Hitchcock films. Of course, I may have to watch them all again and rethink it. :-)

Mine, too. The Hollywood movies Hitchcock did are so much slicker, of course, with greater production values and a richer look overall. But for sheer storytelling, it's hard to match it.

Matt H.

« Reply #201 on: November 12, 2007, 02:01:53 PM »

Off to start watching now.

WBBL.

Danise

« Reply #202 on: November 12, 2007, 02:02:45 PM »

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that I arrived home, safe and sound.

I went and got the dogs and took them to the dog park.  They were so happy to see me.  I felt bad that I had left them and that I'll have to leave them again sometimes.

I'm pretty tired but glad that I went and saw that the graves were as they should be.  That takes one weight off of my mind.

I was also very glad to get with my family.  I really enjoyed spending time with them.  

Oh, I did see a plane in the distance just after we left Pittsburgh and it was heading West.  I waved, just in case it was DR Elmore.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #203 on: November 12, 2007, 02:03:22 PM »

It is a go!

:)

Lovely photo of you ...

Danise

« Reply #204 on: November 12, 2007, 02:03:33 PM »

Thelma is coming over soon and I'm going out with her.  I'm looking forward to seeing her and telling her all about my trip.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #205 on: November 12, 2007, 02:04:45 PM »

Glad to hear you arrived safely back in Florida Danise.

Danise

« Reply #206 on: November 12, 2007, 02:06:15 PM »

Cool website, Cilla!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #207 on: November 12, 2007, 02:08:42 PM »

Glad to hear you arrived safely back in Florida Danise.

Thank you DC.   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #208 on: November 12, 2007, 02:09:34 PM »

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that I arrived home, safe and sound.

I went and got the dogs and took them to the dog park.  They were so happy to see me.  I felt bad that I had left them and that I'll have to leave them again sometimes.

I'm pretty tired but glad that I went and saw that the graves were as they should be.  That takes one weight off of my mind.

I was also very glad to get with my family.  I really enjoyed spending time with them.  

Oh, I did see a plane in the distance just after we left Pittsburgh and it was heading West.  I waved, just in case it was DR Elmore.  

Welcome home DR Danise. Glad you arrived safe and sound. I can relate to feeling guilty leaving pets behind.  

Danise

« Reply #209 on: November 12, 2007, 02:09:40 PM »

Thelma just called, she's on her way to pick me up!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up