Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE POST-THANKSGIVING THANKSGIVING  (Read 26731 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE POST-THANKSGIVING THANKSGIVING
« Reply #210 on: November 23, 2007, 02:11:22 PM »

I'm heading down now to mop the kitchen and then back to viewing.

Can't wait to see tonight's GHOST WHISPERER and MOONLIGHT!

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #211 on: November 23, 2007, 02:14:15 PM »

Page Eight Cedric Diggory, Rita Skeeter, and Harry Potter Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #212 on: November 23, 2007, 02:14:46 PM »

Now I'm really going!

:D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #213 on: November 23, 2007, 02:27:43 PM »

I'm hearing such lovely things about our What If costume designer, Amy Adams, in Enchanted.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #214 on: November 23, 2007, 02:36:32 PM »

So, I was at the church feeding the fish in the fountain when a young man rode up on a bicycle. He had a box and large bag of food. It turned out to be the owner of the lost dog who found his way to our church. He wished to thank us by donating food for our deacons' cupboard. Goofy is doing fine -- still limping, but the vet said that nothing was broken. Most importantly, his tail has been wagging a lot.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #215 on: November 23, 2007, 02:53:13 PM »

The Grant Geissman pic showed up for me, too.

Hmm...very interesting. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #216 on: November 23, 2007, 03:00:48 PM »

So, I was at the church feeding the fish in the fountain when a young man rode up on a bicycle. He had a box and large bag of food. It turned out to be the owner of the lost dog who found his way to our church. He wished to thank us by donating food for our deacons' cupboard. Goofy is doing fine -- still limping, but the vet said that nothing was broken. Most importantly, his tail has been wagging a lot.

That's great news...a happy ending!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #217 on: November 23, 2007, 03:05:10 PM »

I must be going.  I need to clean up and clear a path so that tomorrow, the loveseat that's on my second floor TV/computer room can be taken out easily and given to the adult child of friends of my parents.  I don't really want the loveseat, so that's okay.  It's just that I haven't kept a clear path. ::) So now, the path must be cleared.  And I have rehearsal tonight, and I need to work for a while tomorrow before I usher for a tour of Late Nite Catechism.  Then on Sunday, we have an early rehearsal.  Talk about some busy days off. ;)

« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 03:05:35 PM by George »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #218 on: November 23, 2007, 03:17:46 PM »

It depends on WHO'S running rough and shod, doesn't it?   ;)
I'll take cleats over spike heels any day.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

singdaw

« Reply #219 on: November 23, 2007, 03:21:58 PM »

DR td IS Mr. December!    :D

FJL

« Reply #220 on: November 23, 2007, 03:26:11 PM »

Had a visit at the medical center/clinic a few blocks from us.  It looks very clean and well-run, and I was very impressed with the staff there.  The registration process took a little while given it was my first time there, but after that, the wait wasn't long.  It'll be nice to have a medical facility to go to so close to home, especially when I remember how impossible it was for me to get around during the worst two weeks of my foot problems.  And it seems the place is covered by my insurance plan with only a tiny co-payment per visit.

Cillaliz

« Reply #221 on: November 23, 2007, 03:30:39 PM »

So what are you trying?  South Beach, Blood type, etc?

I'm planning to do weight watchers this time and rejoining Curves.  Last time I went to curves (several years ago) I really lost a lot of inches - I was doing Atkins then.   I saw the starter books for Weight watchers on eBay, so I'm considering getting them and then deciding if I want to just do it myself or if I want to pay the fees and go to the meetings.

td

• td
« Reply #222 on: November 23, 2007, 03:52:19 PM »

DR td IS Mr. December!    :D

Only in the windmills of YOUR mind.   ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

singdaw

« Reply #223 on: November 23, 2007, 03:54:03 PM »

Congratulations on finding a good fit, DR FJL.  What did they say about your foot?

singdaw

« Reply #224 on: November 23, 2007, 03:54:56 PM »

Only in the windmills of YOUR mind.

Who knows whither my windmills wander?

FJL

« Reply #225 on: November 23, 2007, 04:12:35 PM »

I'll take X-rays next week, I think, depending on my schedule.

But she needs blood work results before changing the course of gout medication I've been on.  I'll go for the blood tests on Monday.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #226 on: November 23, 2007, 04:14:06 PM »

I'm feeling a bit bushed.  Der Brucer decided that today was the day we would re-arrange the bookshelves in my room, adding three bookshelves and taking out the desk and a small file cabinet.  It's going to look good, and work well, when I get everything sorted again, but until then everything is piled up on my bed.

But this will give me more room to work with, along with the bookcase we put in the hall.  Along with all the food books, we'll be moving all the DVDs that are television-related to the new shelves, which will clear up some room for the backlog in the livingroom.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #227 on: November 23, 2007, 04:19:38 PM »

Then we went to the store, mainly for dinner tonight (salmon).

But, while there, we spotted the turkeys that were on sale.  14 pound birds, regularly marked at 59 cents per pound, marked down to 45 cents per for bonus card holders, and then an additional two bucks off!  So we've now got three birds waiting for roasting (two in the freezer, one in the downstairs fridge).

Plus a great deal on beef eye of round, more than half off, which will be good for braising or cutting down into cubes for chili.

Now, if only I were getting the hours on the work schedule, because the winter cut-backs are upon us.  Bleh.

Danise

« Reply #228 on: November 23, 2007, 04:24:16 PM »

Well, I spent some time reading the diet books I got.  I hate to say it but I don't think I'm going to be able to do it.  I have to have normal food that I can buy at the local market--not health food store food.  

I may just put the whole set up for sale on E-bay.  Bla!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #229 on: November 23, 2007, 04:30:52 PM »

Young lady, does it ever occur to you to ask other people for help?  I don't mean that you can't assemble a table by yourself, but it is often more fun to have a friend to laugh over the instructions with, and misplace pieces together.  

You could invite your friend / co-worker that has been so helpful driving you around to come over some night after Christmas for dinner and an assembly party.  It might make the assmbly easier and a lot more fun!

Dear TCB, you know that I hate to bother anyone for anything that I can do myself.  Having to lean on Thelma last week and this has almost killed me.  

I couldn't wait to get home and out from under foot at her house.  I don't ever want to be a burden on anyone at any time.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #230 on: November 23, 2007, 04:33:43 PM »

I think I'm just going to try Ginny's diet and cut my meals in half.  Then I'll do the tread mill for at least 30 to 60 minutes a day--when I can build up to it.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #231 on: November 23, 2007, 04:36:28 PM »

OMG!  I'm in love with the worlds smallest horse!  What a cutie!  I just saw her on tv.  

I think Bear is taller then she is!  I want one!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: November 23, 2007, 04:36:47 PM »

I shall soon be on my way to the Wechter's, after which I shall return with a full report.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: November 23, 2007, 04:37:01 PM »

Will we never get to page nine?

Danise

« Reply #234 on: November 23, 2007, 04:41:37 PM »

I shall soon be on my way to the Wechter's, after which I shall return with a full report.

Enjoy your dinner!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #235 on: November 23, 2007, 04:44:09 PM »

I must have missed the story on this one but I'm glad it worked out alright.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #236 on: November 23, 2007, 05:18:54 PM »

I'm feeling a bit bushed.  

Aren't we all, after 7 years?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #237 on: November 23, 2007, 05:21:23 PM »

Combined Blame MattH/Impending Triumph of Blu-Ray Department:  Well, DS Betsy did not, repeat did not, have a head explosion when I saw the Black Friday ad for a 37" Sylvania for less money than the clearance 32" Samsung I got a couple of weeks ago, so I took the Samsung back, got a bigger TV, and paid less.  I finally bit the bullet and also bought a Toshiba Hi-Def DVD player which also up-converts standard DVDs.  It came with 2 Hi-Def DVDs and a coupon for 5 more, and was on sale for $199, so I'm in high-tech heaven.  The picture of both the tv and the DVD player are pretty amazing.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 05:22:15 PM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #238 on: November 23, 2007, 05:22:04 PM »

Danise -- I found a dog at the church one evening that had been lost for several days. Luckily he had tags and his owner was stunned and thrilled that he was alive. I've been wondering about him and how he was doing.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #239 on: November 23, 2007, 05:30:03 PM »

Not appreciated, JMK.  You know full well I didn't mean anything political, and you had to be snide and make it that way.  You've just shown a side of yourself that I really don't like.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up