Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WILD, WILD WEEKEND  (Read 30207 times)

Danise

Re:WILD, WILD WEEKEND
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2003, 06:16:22 PM »

And what kind of devotee would I be if I didn't remind you all once more of the song stylings of LEONARD NIMOY?

Yes, who could forget "The Ballard of Bilbo Baggins"?  Or "Once I Smiled" (I think that was the name. ) I used to have 3 or 4 of his albums.

Open question to all DR

After you 1st read BK's column for the day (and I know we all do that first) and we post our thoughts in the daily discussion forum (and I know we all do that second) I would like to know what you do when you want to post additional thoughts for the day.

1) Do you start off at BK column and click your way through or

2) Do you have a quick link to the daily discussion page?

Number 2.

D
« Last Edit: November 10, 2003, 06:17:01 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2003, 06:19:52 PM »

I usually leave the message page in my tray, then I click to open the window and click refresh....

DRLC that smiley is funny!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2003, 06:40:11 PM »

And through all this livelong day, we have discussed crooners -- male singers whose style really "sends" us -- and it wasn't until RIGHT THIS SECOND that I thought of my favorite of them all:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Nat King Cole[/move]

If someone already mentioned him, don't be offended.  It just didn't register with me somehow.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2003, 06:42:27 PM by Ron Pulliam »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2003, 06:49:58 PM »

Where have all the browers gone
Long time errant
Where have all the browsers gone
Truant as well.

LC

• .o0o.
« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2003, 07:12:17 PM »

I do the same thing as Jrand (leave the browser open, refresh later).  How long does it take for your logon to time out if you do something like that?  (in other words for the site to stop saying you are online)
If you pursue your star, you cannot fail to reach a glorious harbor.  - Dante, Inferno XV

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #185 on: November 10, 2003, 07:12:49 PM »

Hey, everyone.

Please excuse the very downbeat post.  Macbeth and I broke up.  The same old stereotypical break-up, I'm afraid.  He wasn't emotionally open enough, I was too much.  Please send me good vibes.  I really need them right now.  At any rate, I'm planning to spend the night at my friends house so she can help me keep my mind off him.  It's at times like this that you realize who your true friends are!

On the plus side, this means that any HHW guys are free to flirt with my newly single self!

Ann--feel better soon!

Jennifer--I thought Cammy would be short for chameleon.  Chammy maybe?

Emily

« Reply #186 on: November 10, 2003, 07:21:48 PM »

Maya that sucks. :(

But look at it this way - at least now you can search for straight musical theatre loving male persons with me!

Let the quest continue! :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #187 on: November 10, 2003, 07:22:33 PM »

This is my 100th post!

whopee!  yippee!

*dance-dance-dance*
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #188 on: November 10, 2003, 07:22:45 PM »

one more for that star! :)

Andrea

« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2003, 07:46:03 PM »

Hey thanks for the recipe. I am thinking I will probably go with chicken. My absolute favorite dish in the whole world is General Taos.  But all the recipes I see, have you deep fry it, (or fry it in lots of oil).I found one recipe where you bake it. I may try this one.  Btw, is it bad to try out recipes on company? :)

Jennifer, you can always try general tao on me! I'll seriously walk to your place for general tao!

Andrea

« Reply #190 on: November 10, 2003, 07:53:28 PM »

Hey, everyone.

Please excuse the very downbeat post.  Macbeth and I broke up.  

You were too pretty for him. Besides, he isn't really king in the end, so why bother?

kisses and hugs and godiva

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #191 on: November 10, 2003, 08:28:49 PM »

I was the only browser when I arrived here tonight! Boy, there must be some good books, some good music, some good TV, and/or some good food out there for EVERYONE to be gone. It's the first time this has ever happened to me.  :(
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

MBarnum

« Reply #192 on: November 10, 2003, 08:48:12 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ;D Sending Happy Vibes to Maya  ;)[/move]

Sorry to hear of your breakup Maya. Breaking up is one of life's hard lessons...but on the positive side there will be a very lucky guy out there just waiting for you to come along! In the meantime here is some karma for you *poof*

MBarnum

« Reply #193 on: November 10, 2003, 08:51:29 PM »

Maya, I hear that Cal Bolder is single!!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #194 on: November 10, 2003, 08:53:59 PM »

Breaking up is hard to do. Hmmmm.... someone said that once. It might make a catchy tune.

Seriously, it hurts now, but in time the hurt goes away, and it just means there's someone out there even better and more deserving of you. Some of the more mature members of HHW (no names PLEASE) certainly have had experience along these same lines.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: November 10, 2003, 09:00:44 PM »

Maya, do not give him another thought.  You belong here, with us, not with some non-musical theater-loving boy.  And one for Mahler.

I do have the feeling we will hit 200 posts tonight.  What the 200 posts feel about that is anyone's guess.

Tomovoz

« Reply #196 on: November 10, 2003, 09:02:39 PM »

My positive thoughts to you Maya. Guess we have all been there and it does not get easier when you are much much older. And no-one ever really understands the feeling you have.

S Holmes. I intended to mention Al Bowley but thought he would be unknown. Apologies. He was so popular in the UK and here in OZ. I would also list Don Cherry as one of my favourites. I also like Vale and Martino.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Emily

« Reply #197 on: November 10, 2003, 09:07:18 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Paper #1 is DONE!!![/move]

Yippee!

Woohoo!

Only 2 more to go!   :o

I am going to bed right now :)

Emily

« Reply #198 on: November 10, 2003, 09:10:53 PM »

I would also list Don Cherry as one of my favourites.

Tom - the Canadians on the board all laughed REAAAAALLLY hard.

Don Cherry is this awful awful iconic hockey commentator for the CBC.  I'm sure the name is really common - but the image of this man singing just cracks me up!

Tomovoz

« Reply #199 on: November 10, 2003, 09:20:04 PM »

Emily: There is also a jazz trumpeter Don Cherry. The singer Don Cherry won the Canadian Golf open or some such thing years ago. He has some successful pop songs in the 50;s "Band Of Gold" and "Love Is Just Around The Corner". Pleased to give you all some smiles from down here in OZ.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #200 on: November 10, 2003, 09:23:41 PM »

Isn't there anyone out there trying  for post #200?
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #201 on: November 10, 2003, 09:29:47 PM »

Sorry Maya.  I’m glad you are with a friend tonight.

Jennifer I’m sorry I don’t have time to post any recipes for you until tomorrow afternoon.  I think that will be too late.

I just tried a new recipe for ginger cookies to serve tomorrow.  They are HORRIBLE!  So I made rice crispy treats and will get up early tomorrow to make oatmeal cookies.

Thinking healthy thoughts to all of you poor sick ones out there.  Feel better tomorrow.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #202 on: November 10, 2003, 09:37:19 PM »

I'm guessing that you folks are seeing animation with some of these smilies that I'm just not seeing.  Sorta like watching a color movie in black and white, I guess.

DR Maya--Men.  Can't live with them.  Can't live without 'em.  Don't worry.  Give up on Thanes.  Your prince will come.  Just keep kissing those frogs.

Dear Readers--I saw Love Actually this evening.  I rather liked it, though it does have its flaws.  As DR LC previously stated, there are multiple (as in quite a few) characters in multiple story lines that unfold during the weeks that lead into Christmas in London in, apparently, current time.  The story lines do not really intersect, save for a very contrived denouement.  (For an absolutely darling movie with multiple story lines that do intersect, take a look at Km. 0, a tiny film from Spain that was released here in the U.S for about a nanosecond earlier this year that I and about four other people saw.)  The story line in Love Actually involving Hugh Grant is totally implausible and slicker than ice.  The story line involving Colin Firth (be still, my heart) is Hollywood romanticism at its most predictable.  Liam Neeson is rather miscast, though the kid who plays his stepson will go far.  There's a rather clever line about a couple who work together as stand-ins on movie shoots.  There are lines that are downright feel good, and other lines that are rather wistful, if not downright sad.  Laura Linney continues to prove that she is the next Meryl Streep.  Her story line, I thought, though perhaps not the most original, was the most touchingly played out.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2003, 09:39:46 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Tomovoz

« Reply #203 on: November 10, 2003, 09:45:09 PM »

Thanks for the review Jay. It was difficult to get past the mention of Colin Firth though.
James Thurber 1957

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #204 on: November 10, 2003, 09:48:09 PM »

Have courage, DR TFO.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #205 on: November 10, 2003, 09:52:52 PM »

Hmmm...."Kimlets"...and "Daughters of Kimlets"....and next year, "Sons of Kimlets"....

Are these going to be Hammer Films productions?

THE SONS OF KATIE KIMLET
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #206 on: November 10, 2003, 10:02:09 PM »

The Washington Post has arrived.
James Thurber 1957

Jason

« Reply #207 on: November 10, 2003, 10:23:42 PM »

Back from the Met. My stomach is feeling significantly better, and I was even able to eat! LA JUIVE was very long, which means a bigger paycheck, so I can't complain. I'm working another JUIVE on Friday night and LA TRAVIATA on Sat. night. Woohoo!

I saw LOVE ACTUALLY last night. I thought it was a very sweet movie. Yes, as previously stated, it has it's issues, but I loved it...especially the Laura Linney thread. She really is a fine actress...and then, of course, there is the lovely and ever-wonderful Ms. Emma Thompson. She's always wonderful. Let's face it, the whole darn cast was great.

I should go to bed. I have to work at MTI tomorrow. :(

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #208 on: November 10, 2003, 10:23:55 PM »

LOL  Please forgive the previous post.  I crack myself up sometimes.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #209 on: November 10, 2003, 10:27:12 PM »

Speaking as a Washingtonian (well sort of) I found it funny. I had to be tied up and gagged to get myself under control. Maybe I am easy to please?
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up