Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BROUHAHA  (Read 29581 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:THE BROUHAHA
« Reply #240 on: March 20, 2008, 01:37:15 PM »

Singdaw that is even bulkier than what the doctor gave me when I broke my wrist.  I find that the leash slips more easily than if I don't wear it.  The one I just purchased is a similar fabric that only goes around my wrist.

I admit I let go of the leash before too much damage is done.  I would rather be embarrassed than in pain.  Of course, then I'm only teaching him pulling works.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 01:37:42 PM by Jane »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #241 on: March 20, 2008, 01:38:16 PM »

I decided it'd be a classics afternoon, so I put in CASABLANCA (which I haven't watched in years). It's wonderful as always, and the last sDVD issued by Warners looks just splendid upconverted.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #242 on: March 20, 2008, 01:39:59 PM »

Next, I watched THE WIZARD OF OZ. I only got to the original audience with the Wizard before sleep overtook me, but I was enjoying it.

Matt H.

« Reply #243 on: March 20, 2008, 01:41:03 PM »

I got the Blu-ray review disc for UNBREAKABLE, my favorite of the M. Night Shymalan films. This will be what I'll watch tomorrow. It comes out April 1.

Ginny

« Reply #244 on: March 20, 2008, 01:43:28 PM »

Oh, it was so nice to come home early today after the seminar!  I was going to stop and do some shopping on my way, but decided to come home first and change clothes.  That way, I got to visit a bit with DH Richard before he left for Maundy Thursday services in Cincinnati.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #245 on: March 20, 2008, 01:45:19 PM »

Flu-be-gone vibes for DR MattH!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #246 on: March 20, 2008, 01:47:15 PM »

;D

I just sent this to Keith's aunt and uncle.  As long as I've known them they have always had a Dachshund.

Sharing is nice :)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #247 on: March 20, 2008, 01:54:55 PM »

Listening to John Scott's marvelously marvelous score to Rocket To The Moon.

Ginny

« Reply #248 on: March 20, 2008, 02:02:43 PM »

Off to Kroger - bye for now!

Matt H.

« Reply #249 on: March 20, 2008, 02:06:18 PM »

Heading down now to watch some NUMB3RS episodes and then get ready for the last new LOST episode for awhile.

Matt H.

« Reply #250 on: March 20, 2008, 02:07:30 PM »

Oh, I just read that Fox is moving CANTERBURY'S LAW from Monday to Friday night (I'm assuming starting next week). I'm not sure what's going into the Monday at 8 slot until BONES comes back.

Don't know what Fox is going to do with JEZEBEL JAMES either as its ratings have been dismal.

Matt H.

« Reply #251 on: March 20, 2008, 02:07:44 PM »

OK.

WBBL.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #252 on: March 20, 2008, 02:18:58 PM »

They just emailed me to ask if I'd stay overnight with the youth at the overnight lock-in Saturday night.

Oh, my!! I needed a good laugh!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #253 on: March 20, 2008, 02:34:01 PM »

RE:

Big Brother

James did say to Natalie that he would not "put up" she or Matty. Whether you determine that to be, "nominate" or "back door," is up to interpretation. My interpretation is that he "meant" he would not "put them up" at all. It was hypocritical of him to be talking about people "not keeping their word" and then go and not keep his word to Natalie. However, that hypocrisy is rampant in these types of game shows....but it does make them look a bit foolish in my eyes when they keep complaining about the very things they themselves are doing.

Also, this constant getting upset because someone is supposedly "playing for themselves," well get a grip contestants...of course they are playing for themselves to win! That is the whole point (unless of course you are Natalie! LOL!)

Didn't Matt lie to James about how he voted when James was returned to the house?  Isn't that the reason James gave for putting Matt on the block during POV?

I don't feel upset by the failure to keep his word when Matt blatantly lied -- and thus could not "man up" and tell the truth to James.

I don't blame James' anger or his decision to put Matt up...and his vote to evict.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 03:46:42 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #254 on: March 20, 2008, 02:35:02 PM »

Don't know what Fox is going to do with JEZEBEL JAMES either as its ratings have been dismal.

And it's too bad, too, because it's a pretty funny show...and a lot better than many of the so-called "hit comedies" on TV.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #255 on: March 20, 2008, 02:36:45 PM »

I see I was beaten to the Yum Kipper pun.

You have to be quicker, dude!    :-*

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #256 on: March 20, 2008, 03:10:21 PM »

Is this SIESTA time or something?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #257 on: March 20, 2008, 03:12:06 PM »

Name The Movie (in which this line was spoken):

"Wouldn't you just die without Mahler!"

« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 03:12:41 PM by Ron Pulliam »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #258 on: March 20, 2008, 03:13:34 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to the Heim of Ana to eat and rehearse.  Even though I thought I was over it for a while, I sort of have a taste for the Marie Callender's salad bar.  We shall see.  Doing all the General Mills scenes tonight.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #259 on: March 20, 2008, 03:20:42 PM »

Name the Movie:

"Oh, but I adore English public schools! I simply worship them all! Even that idiotic Westchester... where you can't ask a boy out to tea without everyone asking the most extraordinary questions.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #260 on: March 20, 2008, 03:23:25 PM »

Name the Movie:

Man: "I hope you like early English perpendicular."

Woman: "Darling, I revel in early English perpendicular!"

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
« Reply #261 on: March 20, 2008, 03:29:19 PM »

I sort of have a taste for the Marie Callender's salad bar.  

Mmmmmm. I walk past MC's nearly every day on my 3-mile walk. (The one on Wilshire.) Although I haven't been inside for about 6 years.

MBarnum

« Reply #262 on: March 20, 2008, 04:04:27 PM »

Didn't Matt lie to James about how he voted when James was returned to the house?  Isn't that the reason James gave for putting Matt on the block during POV?

I don't feel upset by the failure to keep his word when Matt blatantly lied -- and thus could not "man up" and tell the truth to James.

I don't blame James' anger or his decision to put Matt up...and his vote to evict.

The lying did not bothered me, that is part of that game of Big Brother, it was that James was constantly saying that "your word is all you have..." and then he went back on his word. That is what I thought was dumb of him to do.

That said, it was likely a good idea for his game to get rid of Matty. I think James is a good player, but he needs to keep his emotions in check.

Ginny

« Reply #263 on: March 20, 2008, 04:06:44 PM »

Back from some holiday shopping.  Do you have any idea how difficult it was to find classic Brach's jelly beans?

Even though we're not filling Easter baskets (Richard and I agreed that neither of us needs all that junk food and Rob and Mary Linda liked my offer to buy their Biltmore tickets instead of candy and trinkets), I am going to create a centerpiece that requires jelly beans, Easter Hershey miniatures, and dark chocolate M & M's.

Jane

« Reply #264 on: March 20, 2008, 04:11:00 PM »

They just emailed me to ask if I'd stay overnight with the youth at the overnight lock-in Saturday night.

Oh, my!! I needed a good laugh!

Does this mean you said "NO!" ? ;D

Jane

« Reply #265 on: March 20, 2008, 04:14:33 PM »

DR Ginny, what is the difference between Classic Brach's & what is in the stores.  I only buy Jelly Belly, when I do buy jelly beans, and then it is difficult to find the bins where you can choose the flavors.  I'm picky about my flavors. ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #266 on: March 20, 2008, 04:19:44 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... It was indeed a very leisurely paced afternoon of auditions.  I think we saw about 10 people.  -It was just callbacks, so I wasn't expecting a lot of people anyway.  They did have internet access at the audition space, but you had to have a log-in and an access password, and to do that would have required calling this number, then getting some sort of confirmation... nevermind.

It will be the same routine tomorrow, and I won't be starting until 2:00 - the contracted time is 1:00-7:00.  And it looks like we'll be finishing early tomorrow too.  I'm glad we were done early today since I was hoping I'd get a chance to head back uptown to drop my bag off before heading to dinner tonight.  :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 04:27:38 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #267 on: March 20, 2008, 04:21:28 PM »

Monday, March 17, Good Morning America will present a special segment devoted to the Roundabout Theatre Company's revival of Sunday in the Park With George. Here's host Diane Sawyer (center) with composer-lyricist Stephen Sondheim, star Jenna Russell, librettist James Lapine, and Daniel Evans, who plays the title role.

der Brucer

Monday, March 17... Hmm... And are we all hopping into your time machine sometime soon?  ;)

*I think the whole segment is actually up on YouTube, and I heard that it may on Roundabout's site too for anyone who may have missed it this past Monday morning.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #268 on: March 20, 2008, 04:24:20 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - Ah, both of them are "Teacher Flicks" ;)

"Educating Rita"
"Goodbye, Mr. Chips"
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #269 on: March 20, 2008, 04:25:31 PM »

Is this SIESTA time or something?

Would you please stop Shouting? I'm trying to take a nap here.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up