Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM EGG ROLLS, MR. GOLDSTONE?  (Read 26902 times)

Cillaliz

Re:HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM EGG ROLLS, MR. GOLDSTONE?
« Reply #240 on: March 31, 2008, 08:53:41 PM »

I used to love Orange Julius as a kid. As an adult not so much

Cillaliz

« Reply #241 on: March 31, 2008, 08:56:36 PM »

So I have my day all planned. I packed up a bunch of work. I'm going to spend the day researching and writing and getting the laundry done and then will clean in the evening because my mother said the wouldn't possibly get here before Tuesday.  At noon, I decided to call and see where they were.  They were in Kansas and said they would be staying with me tonight.  TONIGHT!! That's 24 hours early and the place was definitely not clean. So I put off working and cleaned all afternoon.   The place is looking pretty nice. The parents arrived, had dinner, watched Dancing With the Stars and are now sleeping.  It's better this way, actually. I didn't have a problem taking today off and tomorrow I have to be in the office - at least in the afternoon. So we'll go to breakfast at 7:30 AM and they will leave town,.

Cillaliz

« Reply #242 on: March 31, 2008, 08:58:20 PM »

I did clean the dining room. It was the one room that still had boxes and misc stuff around.  I took almost all the boxes down the basement and cleaned the place up.  I must say it's nice to sit here at the table and look out at my view of the lights of Sioux City

Cillaliz

« Reply #243 on: March 31, 2008, 08:59:59 PM »

So, although I'm still telling people my place is a mess and I couldn't have a party. That really isn't true.  I just don't want to have a party, lol.

Cillaliz

« Reply #244 on: March 31, 2008, 09:00:17 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR ANN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #245 on: March 31, 2008, 09:00:32 PM »

HEALING VIBES OF ALL SORTS TO TCB~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #246 on: March 31, 2008, 09:00:35 PM »

DR Cillaliz - SURPRISE!!!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #247 on: March 31, 2008, 09:00:51 PM »

This is my page....I own it baby~

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: March 31, 2008, 09:01:41 PM »

Hi Jose!  Welcome to my page.  Yes, it was a surprise, but a very typical mom and dad surprise if that makes any sense

Cillaliz

« Reply #249 on: March 31, 2008, 09:03:20 PM »

BUT, like I said timing wise, this is much better.  Now I have all the family and friend obligations done until April 12. Then I'm going to my parent's house to celebrate my mother's 81st birthday.  This also gets me out of 2 meetings on the other side of the state that I had no interest in attending. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #250 on: March 31, 2008, 09:04:31 PM »

Which also means I can dig in and get the work done that has started piling up.  And my house is mostly clean - just a lot of laundry still to do, but I can do that tomorrow night and work at the same if need be.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #251 on: March 31, 2008, 09:08:28 PM »

I am so sorry to read of your continuing problems, DR TCB. Many good wishes for better health, better news, and faster mail delivery.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #252 on: March 31, 2008, 09:10:51 PM »

I began my evening's viewing with THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK on HD-DVD. The movie is a big ol' mess, of course, despite having wonderful actors like Judi Dench, Colm Feore, and Linus Roache in the cast.

But what eye candy (gorgeous men in HD means I was smiling for two hours +), and the DTS sound was stupendous!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #253 on: March 31, 2008, 09:10:51 PM »

The best thing about my in-laws visiting was that my house was tidy.  ;)
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #254 on: March 31, 2008, 09:11:28 PM »

Of course, I made my DH pitch in, which he won't usually do.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #255 on: March 31, 2008, 09:12:41 PM »

Next, I pulled out a DVD I haven't wwatched in years - PAL JOEY. This is an OLD transfer. Yes, one side does have the widescreen anamorphic transfer, but the color looks rather brackish. It's in mono, too.

I didn't quite get through the entire movie. I'll start at Chapter 20 on the disc tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #256 on: March 31, 2008, 09:13:56 PM »

NEW AMSTERDAM had a very interesting backstory of John's experience as a painter at the turn of the century, and the haunting aftermath of that life. Sad but poignant.

Matt H.

« Reply #257 on: March 31, 2008, 09:16:23 PM »

MEDIUM had some gripping scenes in this week's wrap-up to its two-part story.

I have to admit, however, that when Allison had the dream of Cynthia and her daughter talking at the lake, I was sure that meant that Cynthia was going to be dead soon, too, at the hands of that psychopath. Thus, the ending was a surprise. And, of course, Cynthia will get off. Killing that girl while in the throes of grief will most likely let her plead temporary insanity.

Matt H.

« Reply #258 on: March 31, 2008, 09:16:51 PM »

Tomorrow I'll be watching CSI: MIAMI and OLD CHRISTINE both of which were recorded this evening.

Cillaliz

« Reply #259 on: March 31, 2008, 09:31:07 PM »

Well, time to head upstairs and maybe read a little before going to sleep.   Night

FJL

« Reply #260 on: March 31, 2008, 09:31:31 PM »

Jose - We don't have any connections to as many shows as you have, but we've basically stopped offering to get house seats for certain people, and even have for a few people said we don't know anybody even when we have known someone.  Examples:  After having had some people cancel house seats after we went ot some trouble, not to mention our being embarrassed by that, we just started telling that person we don't know anybody.  Another person (a friend of a friend, visiting from California) that we really went out of our way to get tickets for a few very hot shows as a big favor took it so much for granted that it was easy to do that he just didn't bother using all the tickets, so our friend who had asked us to help out ended up buying the tickets himself - there's another person we have since just said the white lie "no, we don't know anyone for that"  when they've asked again.  Another thought it was necessary to point out that "out of curiosity" they went online and saw they could have gotten just as good tickets the day before (side note:  obviously released house seats) - another one for whom we just have to say we won't go out of our way again.

Of course, if any of these people were actual family or really clsoe freinds, I'd go out of my way anytime.   But there are some of those....   :)

FJL

« Reply #261 on: March 31, 2008, 09:35:00 PM »

Hmmm...I hope none of those house seat abusers lurk here at HHW  :)

Matt H.

« Reply #262 on: March 31, 2008, 09:42:30 PM »

Heading down to bed now.

Good night!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #263 on: March 31, 2008, 09:48:24 PM »

DR FJL - Well, since the house seats hadn't been released yet for Wednesday's matinee when I checked this morning...  And since everyone's Wednesday matinees have been close to sold out lately...  But, trust me, I only ask when there is a pressing need - at least when it comes to my parents.

Whenever I was doing a show in DC, my Mom would always say to me, "Just get us tickets for any date, and then just tell us when we can go."  Well... Needless to say, I never got tickets for any random date.  And the number of times I would arrange and confirm tickets for my parents and their friends, only to find out a day or two before that they "may not be able to make it" since they forgot they had something else planned - or that their friends were not available to come with them that night.  -Well, they would just end up calling other friends.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #264 on: March 31, 2008, 09:51:17 PM »

TCB, all of my best vibes for your feeling much better very, very soon!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #265 on: March 31, 2008, 09:51:40 PM »

Although, the one concept that my Mom has yet to comprehend is that hardly any show, any producer offers comp tickets to their cast, crew, orchestra and staff - unless they happen to be papering a certain performance.  I still routinely get calls from my Mom telling me that some friends/relatives are coming to New York City, and she wants me to get tickets to a show for them... Then when I tell her that she or they will have to pay for them, well... They usually just end up going to dinner.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #266 on: March 31, 2008, 09:52:26 PM »

I almost attended MONSTER BASH last year, but alas it just did not work out...but, I am attending the Memphis Western Film Festival...almost the same thing, except with cowboys.

MBarnum

« Reply #267 on: March 31, 2008, 09:53:18 PM »

Do any HHWers do screen captures of DVDs on their computer? If so what software do you prefer?

FJL

« Reply #268 on: March 31, 2008, 09:59:19 PM »

I've found that trying to undo a house seat order once it's been credit-carded is pretty difficult, unless you're the person actually involved with the show.  Some people seem to assume that when you know someone, why can't you just undo the transaction.  As if they've asked you for a favor, but just don't need the favor any more, so why should they be on the hook to pay for the tickets?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #269 on: March 31, 2008, 10:02:46 PM »

I've found that trying to undo a house seat order once it's been credit-carded is pretty difficult, unless you're the person actually involved with the show.  Some people seem to assume that when you know someone, why can't you just undo the transaction.  As if they've asked you for a favor, but just don't need the favor any more, so why should they be on the hook to pay for the tickets?

I always tell them them in advance that it can't be undone.  -And that's actually the truth.  Once I turn the form in, it's no longer my transaction.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up