Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: WITH A CAPITAL T AND THAT RHYMES WITH P AND THAT STANDS FOR POOL  (Read 49007 times)

singdaw

Re:WITH A CAPITAL T AND THAT RHYMES WITH P AND THAT STANDS FOR POOL
« Reply #180 on: April 02, 2008, 11:46:00 AM »

Oh, and the man playing the piano was good too!  ;D

Did that man play the piano, or did that piano play the man?  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #181 on: April 02, 2008, 11:46:35 AM »

Introducing: The Mansy

I thought this was one of the better April Fool’s Day jokes on the web yesterday…  :D  

I'm wearing that for my Singin in the Rain audition in June.   8)
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #182 on: April 02, 2008, 11:46:40 AM »

BIG BROTHER

DR JENNIFER - I am elated because of who won POV, and am dismayed because of the betrayal that one of the nominated people is setting up....it will work unless someone messes it up.....  My guess is Joshuah is somehow still going leave tonight....I don't want to see Sharon's face if the vote is 2/2....and then Natalie says bye to her.

I hope James gets HOH again and that Natalie and Sheila go up on the block and we get rid of at least one of them.  

Oh i dislike james. So i was unhappy he won POV.

So you are upset that joshuah is betraying sharon?

Natalie is my favorite so i don't want james to get hoh.

Btw, what you see on the show is not exactly what happens sometimes. For instance that hide and seek they showed on sunday happened weeks ago when matt was still in the house.

Anyhow i am going to write a separate post saying what is going on in the house now. In case you want to know what will probably happen tonight.
I'm not sure if you want live feed spoilers or just prefer to watch it play out on the show.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: April 02, 2008, 11:47:10 AM »

Not quite....something about thanks for all the inspiration...you are in everything I write...  something like that.  ;)

Any mention of handcuffs or straightjackets?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: April 02, 2008, 11:48:38 AM »

Whence DR BrettySpaghetti?

Maybe this year's frenzy is over and he'll come back with the swallows in 2009.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #185 on: April 02, 2008, 11:49:58 AM »

Any mention of handcuffs or straightjackets?

Not on the front of the photo.  8)

DRJENNIFER I read a couple of other boards, and since tonight is live - who knows.

I know that editing on the show is wacky and that a lot of things are out of sequence, clothing and hairstyles betray that sometimes...

Yes Joshuah's betrayal of Sharon is what made me upset - I wish Natalie had used her head and put up Ryan or Sheila - either of whom would throw her under bus in a moment....then the vote would be interesting....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #186 on: April 02, 2008, 11:50:49 AM »

Maybe this year's frenzy is over and he'll come back with the swallows in 2009.

I think his work is cyclical and he gets swamped with it at various times of the month/year.  :D

singdaw

« Reply #187 on: April 02, 2008, 11:52:30 AM »

Apropos the lamb puppet in the current Broadway revival of Gypsy:

As one wag has written on the Internet:

...[the production] leaves poor Laura Benanti singing "Little Lamb" to a Muppet wrapped in a shmata. Come now!  People spend good money in the theatre; they want to see LIVE farm animals!

;D

Jennifer

« Reply #188 on: April 02, 2008, 11:59:21 AM »

BIG BROTHER LIVE FEED SPOILERS

what is happening in the house today not what they showed on tv last night

jlf dfj dfjd fjkdf djfl jdfldj flkjdfkljd fljdfl dfklj dfkljdfkjdlfj j j dfjdfjd fjdlf
Okay on last night's show we saw james take himself off the block. And nat nominated sharon. Joshuah decided to try to save himself.
Now i don't really have anything against this (why shouldn't he try to save himself?). But sharon has been really nice to him.
Anyhow at the end of last night's show nat said she would save josh and break the tie (if it was 2-2). and ryan and james said they would keep joshuah.
jlkd fkldj flkjdfl kdjflkd fjdfl kjdlfjfjdkfjdfjljlkdf fjdfj lfjklfjldfjldfj dlfj dlfj

jfdlfj kldfkdjf kdjfkl jdfkldjfkldfj dfj fjddjffjdlfj lfdj dlfjldjflfjdljfljdflkjdfld
These things did happen. But remember this was days ago. And natalie says things but we don't really know her true intent until we see what she says in diary.
But i don't think that joshuah is going to stay.  Right now natalie might break the tie. but it doesn't look like there will be a tie. James and josh don't have a clue. And they are acting cocky.  It is really ryan who has flipped. He wants josh out (i think he made a secret alliance with sharon now). So most likely it will be 3-1. Although if james finds out everyone is voting out josh he may just make it 4-0.
df jdlf  dlfjl fj jkd fjdfj kljklfjd j fj klfj dfjklfjj fj fjklfjlfjkdfjl f kljflkdj fkldf

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: April 02, 2008, 12:01:28 PM »

Apropos the lamb puppet in the current Broadway revival of Gypsy:

As one wag has written on the Internet:

...[the production] leaves poor Laura Benanti singing "Little Lamb" to a Muppet wrapped in a shmata. Come now!  People spend good money in the theatre; they want to see LIVE farm animals!

;D

Julie Andrews in her biography talks about Pellinore's dog in CAMELOT occasionally leaving puddles around the "Lusty Month of May" scene.  Her bio needed a good editor to correct her occasional memory lapses, although the overall book is quite charming and delightful.

Jennifer

« Reply #190 on: April 02, 2008, 12:04:41 PM »

More BIG BROTHER LIVE FEED SPOILERS

dfjdlfj dlfj dlfjdlfjj dklj lkjlkjljlkj ljlf dfjdlfj dlf dlfj dlfjdlfj dlfjj dlfjdlfjdfdf
Okay i think i just realized why ryan flipped on josh. A couple of days ago when ryan/nat/josh were making their deal josh outed the ryan/josh secret alliance to nat (while ryan was in the room).
dfkjdfj j  dlfjdfj  lkd fjdfj kdfj dfj dfjj kljfdlj fj dfjdlkfjdfj fj fj dlfjdlf

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #191 on: April 02, 2008, 12:07:30 PM »

Julie Andrews in her biography talks about Pellinore's dog in CAMELOT occasionally leaving puddles around the "Lusty Month of May" scene.  Her bio needed a good editor to correct her occasional memory lapses, although the overall book is quite charming and delightful.

One of the things I remember reading way back in the late 1960s was Julie talking about "Camelot" and saying that the dog once pooped on stage.  She said it was during "The Lusty Month of May" right before the lyrics:

Whence this fragrance wafting through the air?
What sweet feelings does its scent transmute?
Whence this perfume floating ev'rywhere?
Don't you know it's that dear forbidden fruit!
Tra la la la la! That dear forbidden fruit!
Tra la la la la!

I recall her saying it drew a huge roar from the audience.  It's sad when things like that go astray....
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 12:08:34 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #192 on: April 02, 2008, 12:15:35 PM »

Bunches of my relatives are here again - talking and talking and talking....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: April 02, 2008, 12:23:20 PM »

For the past couple of weeks the electricity in the guest bathroom as well as the little area outside of it as well as one switch in the den has been out.  Not the breaker.  I've just been lazy about calling the handyman, but when I awoke this morning, the electricity is now out in the entire den, and we cannot have that!  So, he's coming over, sometime before one to scope it out.  I have no idea what it could be.  All the other rooms have full electricity.  I do hope it's not a difficult fix.  He actually didn't want to come because the business manager who handles the house took two months to pay him for the last problem he fixed.  I told him that I'd pay him and then deal with them, which just seems much easier.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #194 on: April 02, 2008, 12:32:56 PM »

Electricity vibes for the handyman of MR BK.

Maybe a moth got in the cyclotron.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: April 02, 2008, 12:50:58 PM »

I can't imagine what's causing the problem, I just hope it's easy to fix.  Last time we had this (in the living room, one wall) he just pushed a reset button on an outlet and that was that.  But there are no reset buttons on any outlet I can find in the affected rooms.

td

• td
« Reply #196 on: April 02, 2008, 12:53:07 PM »

Oh!  I spy DR Jane!  The bookshelves are calling you:

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #197 on: April 02, 2008, 12:54:54 PM »

You notice where I live there apparently aren't enough singles to count...lol...I could have told them that

LOL-It's about the same here.  I know the single women are always complaining there are too few single men here.  Some of the single men had complained the single women here are too darn independent.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 02:00:51 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #198 on: April 02, 2008, 12:59:45 PM »

TOD - There used to be a chain called Bill Knapp's that we liked a lot.  My first meal in Middletown was lunch there during my job interview in 1973 and it was always the favorite place of DH Richard's parents.  The chain went out of business several years ago and I still miss it - as recently as this past Saturday when Richard picked me up at the airport and we wanted to stop to eat.  I wanted a Bill Knapp's cheeseburger!

For current chains, I'll take Panera, Bravo Cucina Italiana, Outback, Cheesecake Factory.  

When we first moved to Michigan we ate at Bill Knapp's.  I recall they had good birthday cake.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: April 02, 2008, 01:00:22 PM »

Will we never get to page eight?

Jane

« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2008, 01:01:07 PM »

Well, it looks like DakotaCelt doesn't exactly live in an eligible male mecca, either

And yet she has a great DBF :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2008, 01:01:14 PM »

iPod is on and playing Angel by Philippe Rombi, my favorite score of the last decade.

Jane

« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2008, 01:03:03 PM »

Oh!  I spy DR Jane!  The bookshelves are calling you:

Oh my  ;D

Keith keeps our books neat and attractive looking.  I'm just trying to catalogue them.

Ben

« Reply #203 on: April 02, 2008, 01:03:10 PM »

I'm working on Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and I'm listening to BK's Stephen Schwartz album. Marin Mazzie is singing With You/Gifts of Love. Alice Ripley singing West End Avenue is WONDERFUL!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #204 on: April 02, 2008, 01:04:33 PM »

Good day one and alll
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #205 on: April 02, 2008, 01:07:08 PM »

Not sure if this was posted but it is from Why am I not surprised files...

http://www.tvweek.com/news/2008/04/wga_east_files_arbitration_cas.php

The Writers Guild of America, East, has filed separate arbitration cases against ABC and Corday Productions for allegedly violating the guild’s strike termination agreement by retaining writers hired during the writers strike earlier this year.

The WGAE alleges that Corday Productions, which produces “Days of Our Lives” and ABC, which produces “All My Children,” hired replacement writers during the 100-day WGA strike and has not terminated these employees. Instead, the replacement writers are preventing striking guild writers from returning to their positions, the WGAE said.

“The strike termination agreement does not allow the retention of replacement writers in lieu of allowing striking writers to return to their jobs. ABC and Corday Productions are clearly violating this agreement,” said Ira Cure, senior counsel for the Writers Guild of America, East. “They have left us no other option but to file arbitrations to ensure our members will be afforded their rights outlined under this agreement.”

The companies have 10 days to respond to the cases.

The Writers Guild of America went on strike Nov. 5 over issues including residual payments for online distribution of content. A lack of writers forced numerous shows out of production and cost the Los Angeles economy an estimated $2.1 billion. The strike was resolved in mid-February.

Representatives of Corday were not available for immediate comment.

NBC, which airs “Days of Our Lives,” had no comment.

"We are in full compliance with our contract and the allegation is untrue," ABC said.

A network source familiar with the situation said the WGAE was grandstanding because it subverted direct discussion in favor of announcing arbitration straight to the pres
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #206 on: April 02, 2008, 01:10:27 PM »

I can't hear you there's a moth in my ear!

Shhhh!

Soon every DR will want one.

My father pulled a moth out of a woman's ear once. ;D  Her husband didn't believe her insistent complaints there was a moth in her ear.  My father didn't expect to find one either-boy was he surprised ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #207 on: April 02, 2008, 01:13:48 PM »

Well, it looks like DakotaCelt doesn't exactly live in an eligible male mecca, either

Ain't that the truth....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #208 on: April 02, 2008, 01:14:39 PM »

I see some people have very impressive book collections...:)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #209 on: April 02, 2008, 01:21:17 PM »

TOD

My favorite restaurants are Applebees and Grizzlys (REgional chain) I like to try different pasta dishes or chicken. I like the grilled chicken at Applebees.

Fast food would be subway or Burger King
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up