Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: JUNE, JUNE, JUNE  (Read 21344 times)

Jason

Re:JUNE, JUNE, JUNE
« Reply #120 on: June 01, 2004, 01:35:47 PM »

One hour to sirloin!

zach: Hal Holbrook
Cassie: Dixie Carter
Val: Jean Smart
Maggie: Delta Burke
Mike: Mesach Taylor
Sheila: Annie Potts
Connie: Alice Ghostley
Greg: Scott Bakula

....the DESIGNING WOMEN cast of A CHORUS LINE
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 01:42:45 PM by Jason »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #121 on: June 01, 2004, 01:39:14 PM »

I've spent the afternoon listening to Jerry Herman's LA CAGE AUX FOLLES. A community theater near here is probably doing it in the fall, and I've been asked to audition for Georges. I've always loved the show (have seen it on Broadway and in local productions) but am not sure it's right for me. I still have a couple of months before I have to decide whether to try for it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jason

« Reply #122 on: June 01, 2004, 01:39:49 PM »

Zach: The guy who played Stan
Cassie: Bea Arthur
Val: Betty White
Maggie: Estelle Getty
Mike: Mario Lopez
Sheila: Rue McClanahan
Connie: The gal who played Blanche's sister
Greg: The guy who played Miles, Rose's boyfriend....

...the GOLDEN GIRLS cast of A CHORUS LINE!

MBarnum

« Reply #123 on: June 01, 2004, 01:47:52 PM »

Off to rehearsal....  It will be over soon.  I did not direct the show, I didn't choreograph the show, I am not in charge of the sound or the music or the vocals.  I will do my part and the the makeup.  Then I will go home.

And it will be somebody's favorite show of the season.

What is the play and what part are you playing?

MBarnum

« Reply #124 on: June 01, 2004, 01:48:31 PM »

Oh, Wait, it is STATE FAIR right? Now I remember. But don't remember who you are playing.

Jason

« Reply #125 on: June 01, 2004, 01:49:39 PM »

He's playing the role of doting make-up artist.

MBarnum

« Reply #126 on: June 01, 2004, 01:50:56 PM »

When is DR Der Brucer going to resume posting? That is what I want to know!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #127 on: June 01, 2004, 01:52:27 PM »

TCB and Elmore3003, I am shocked at your self control! LOL!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: June 01, 2004, 01:53:50 PM »

TCB and Elmore3003, I am shocked at your self control! LOL!

I have no self control, but I prefer self abuse.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2004, 02:05:01 PM »

DR Jane: Will you and Keith go out to a nice dinner tonight?

Jennifer

« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2004, 02:13:34 PM »

I meant to say that I enjoyed the last entry of Juliana's journal.  I think it was great that we got to read the last entries as they were happening.

I really hope that we will get to continue to read about her journey.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2004, 02:24:18 PM »

I have no self control, but I prefer self abuse.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :o [/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ;) ;) [/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :-X :-X :-X [/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ;D ;D ;D ;D [/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2004, 02:24:51 PM »

But then, who doesn't??  ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2004, 02:30:32 PM »

So, since I missed chat last night, were there any topics discussed that the rest of us who missed it need know about?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2004, 02:46:34 PM »

So, since I missed chat last night, were there any topics discussed that the rest of us who missed it need know about?

Nobody speculated on any potential romantic entanglements....that's for sure!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2004, 02:47:42 PM »

Rain, rain go away.

Matt H.

« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2004, 02:50:24 PM »

And the Tony Awards are next Sunday. Now, how does that work out on the West Coast. Do you get a delayed broadcast? I guess that means we have to stay off the subject until you guys out there get to see them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2004, 02:50:39 PM »

So many topics were discussed and we laughed and laughed and just when we thought we could laugh no more, we laughed again.

George

« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2004, 03:15:26 PM »

And the Tony Awards are next Sunday. Now, how does that work out on the West Coast. Do you get a delayed broadcast? I guess that means we have to stay off the subject until you guys out there get to see them.

Yup, it's going to be tape delayed and be broadcast 8:00 p.m. PDT.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2004, 03:16:54 PM »

OF course, MattH, you know I'll expect you to call me with some of the results right after they happen!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2004, 03:21:21 PM »

We get a tape delayed transmission of the event.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: June 01, 2004, 03:24:58 PM »

Which means I get to watch The Sopranos final episode before the show.

Michael

« Reply #142 on: June 01, 2004, 04:17:32 PM »

Marissa Jane Winouker  playing Cassie
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #143 on: June 01, 2004, 04:17:51 PM »

Happy Anniversary
Never stop dreaming.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #144 on: June 01, 2004, 04:19:51 PM »

Have a piece of cheese.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: June 01, 2004, 04:37:07 PM »

Sad to be all alone in the world.  Where in tarnation IS everyone?  Siesta time?

George

« Reply #146 on: June 01, 2004, 04:47:09 PM »

I'm at work and I've just placed orders for several titles that have been in our on-line catalog for more than a year (I work for a library), but the titles had never actually been ordered!  One was out of print and is no longer available.  As I do all of this, I'm listening to The It Girl with Jean Lousia Kelly and Jonathan Dokuchitz and Stephen DeRosa.  Isn't that exciting?  Isn't that just too too?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 04:47:39 PM by George »

Ben

« Reply #147 on: June 01, 2004, 04:57:56 PM »

I have just returned from a glorious and sparkling dinner with DRs Penny O, Elmore and Jason. We went to Joe Allen's (Joe says hello BTW). First of all, DR Jay, I'm sorry to report that between the four of us, we had no camera so there will be no pictures. There will, however, be plenty of witty repartee about the event. I will post, Penny will post, Elmore will post, Jason will post. We will be our own frenzy!

Dirt was dished, reputations were sullied and I won't be able to think of certain DRs again without a smile on my face. Modesty forbids me from naming names. Suffice it to say that we laughed and laughed, (as Bruce said about chat) and then we laughed some more. I had a delicious Seven Grain Salad (very healthy) and a glass of fresh brewed Iced Tea. DR Elmore had a gargantuan piece of meatloaf with fresh spinach and whipped potatoes (whatever did the potatoes do to make Mr. Allen whip them???). DR. Penny had a small dinner salad the size of a large child with a wonderful gorganzola dressing (on the side, of course) and our Dear Jason had le bifteck avec des pommes frites. Tres delicious (I can't remember the French spelling and I don't have the French dictionary handy, so sue me).

We do have to thank Mr. Pacino for picking up the tab. He was very gracious. When we mentioned Bruce, he perked up and said "Any friends of Bruce are friends of mine. Consider it paid for". Well, after modest protestations, we we acquiesed. Then, to our surprise, the lovely and charming Miss Frances Sternhagen offered to pay for our dessert. As Penny was about to leave for a performance of Phantom of the Opera (it's Tuesday at 7 here in New York so the performance began an hour earlier tonight) we declined her kind offer, but we did thank her and told her we would send our best regards to Bruce from her.

The funny thing is, Frances and Al were really there, and may still be for all we know.

I hope this is a good interim report until the others have a chance to chime in. Penny will report after the theatre, Elmore after his mission to 66th Street and West End Avenue (a Magic Show reference) and Jason when he returns to Brooklyn via the E train.

Au revoir mes amis.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 05:00:52 PM by Ben »

Jason

« Reply #148 on: June 01, 2004, 05:05:15 PM »

Back from an East Coast HHW gathering at Joe Allen. Much fun was had...much merriment and mirth and legs. And, I swear on my collection of cast recordings (and you KNOW I'm not kidding now)--Al Pacino ran in the door as we were coming out. No joke. Much dirt was dished and many secrets revealed. My steak was DELICIOUS, though almost a bit too pink for my taste. Nonetheless, it was loverly and I'm glad I went. DR PennyO got her ticket to PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, so that's where she is right now, and apparently her audition went well, too. I'll let her tell you about all of that.

'Twas lovely to meet new people and reconnect with Ben...wish more of you could have been there.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 05:12:42 PM by Jason »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: June 01, 2004, 05:08:11 PM »

Well, it was a celebrity filled event, and no paparazzi, so I'm afraid no photos will be posted on this site from Joe Allen's.  My two new favorite celebrities are DRs Jason and Ben, both true gentlemen and sparkling guests.  I think a jolly time was had by all.  What do Joe Allen's, Liza Minelli, and Bruce Kimmel all have in common?  It's a secret we can't divulge here!  Let's discuss the menu:  I had the meatloaf, and even though I don't like cooked spinach, I didn't vomit on the floor, Miss PennyO had a small salad and a sour apple martini, Ben had seven-grain salad which looked very good, and if you've followed today's board you know Jason had sirloin.

At her audition, my other favorite celebrity, Miss PennyO, sang her high E-flat as well as a high B in "Vilia" and seemed pleased with the results. Now she's off to see PHANTOM.  

To continue the festivities, I spoke briefly to Frances Sternhagen, whose son Paul is in WHERE'S CHARLEY?, and at Lincoln Center I ran into David Caruso.
Such a night!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up