Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: WHOLE CLOTH  (Read 55382 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re:WHOLE CLOTH
« Reply #330 on: January 26, 2005, 07:14:04 PM »

There may need to be a roster system here to fill the French Frenzy gap.  

I was going to freak out until I noticed you said roster.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 07:15:05 PM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #331 on: January 26, 2005, 07:16:44 PM »

I'm listening to the original cast recording of A Fine & Private Place on my MP3 player watch!  Has anyone heard (or heard of) this musical?  It's delightful and touching!  The first full production was done in 1989 but they never recorded the show.  It wasn't until last year that it was recorded.  What was truly unique was that they got the entire 1989 original cast (all five of them) back together to record the score.

Yes, George, I got it last year, too, when it was released.  I really like it.  Don't ask me why (it really makes no sense, and I can't put my finger on it), but it reminds me of Birds of Paradise.  Have you heard that one?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Tomovoz

« Reply #332 on: January 26, 2005, 07:19:47 PM »

My biggest smile for the day. Thank you JMK.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #333 on: January 26, 2005, 07:22:17 PM »

I actually saw your freak out post with the big red letters, then it disappeared. How did you do that???

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #334 on: January 26, 2005, 07:22:57 PM »

Thanks again to all for the wishes and vibes for der B's quick recovery.

There was a change of dinner plans.  What der B really wanted was soup, so I poached a couple of chicken breasts in some broth, added some herbs, carrots and celery, and filled the meal with egg noodles.  The tonkatsu can wait a day or two; right now his muscles are feeling very immobile, and comfort food was called for.

And he's grumbling that I haven't made chocolate chip cookies!   ::)

There's been one major problem today: the dogs want to cuddle close to him, but don't seem to understand that being close and being on top are not the same.  

On a more personal note, he has a question for DR Jose: the doctor he saw yesterday is Phillipino.  Should he be concerned?   ;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JMK

« Reply #335 on: January 26, 2005, 07:23:28 PM »

I actually saw your freak out post with the big red letters, then it disappeared. How did you do that???

What have you done with the lovely brooch, Pow-la?  :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #336 on: January 26, 2005, 07:25:36 PM »

It's because he's a lesbian DR CillaLiz.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #337 on: January 26, 2005, 07:27:37 PM »

Well that explains it all now doesn't it  :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #338 on: January 26, 2005, 07:28:56 PM »

Well if he's younger than you are DR JMK - then there you have it.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JMK

« Reply #339 on: January 26, 2005, 07:29:10 PM »

;D ;D ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #340 on: January 26, 2005, 07:30:50 PM »

Lori Nelson.

Has that for a non-sequitur.  

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #341 on: January 26, 2005, 07:31:00 PM »

elmore, with all due respect (and I respect you far more than you know),I think I have a perfect right to defend myself against distortion, lies, and calumny.  Panni flung the first accusations.  She makes claims but offers no proof.  As if her accusations were proof in themselves.  Granted, it has become the culture we live in...the accusation becomes damning enough.

I think my case was dispassionately and reasonably stated.  It was not rife with injured innocence and incensed umbrage as hers has been.  

And then she thinks she's taking the high-road by saying she doesn't need to respond. She doesn't respond because she knows her letters to us alone would prove my point.

Michael, I would have loved for it to remained private.  I did not come out blowing a string of inaccurate accusations.  All this happened way back in mid-December.  You didn't see me coming onto the post flinging this crap around then.  

Oh, I also make a correction.  I did mention Panni in one post today, but it certainly was in no way insulting.

If Panni wishes to blame all sorts of imagined injustices on me and mine, so be it.  All I can do is tell the simple truth.  And the simple truth is Panni is upset not because we "dislike" her, but rather because we are indifferent to her.  And that somehow, inexplicably, gnaws her soul...if it didn't ,then how could anything we do or say make this an unsafe haven for her?

Believe it or not...It ain't going to greatly impact my life either way.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 08:01:09 PM by Charles Pogue »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #342 on: January 26, 2005, 07:31:59 PM »

Now my muscles are achey.  I spent part of the afternoon clearing our driveway of ice and slush, something my body hasn't done before.  I like my snowshovel, but I could use a longer handle.  Early to wussburger.  Maybe I'll wake in the middle of the night and re-join!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #343 on: January 26, 2005, 07:33:35 PM »

I would ask that we have a moratorium on all posts of a personal nature.  Everyone has had their say.  Everyone has responded or not responded as they see fit.   If further needs to be said please do it via PM.  It's been quite a day here, and I must say that in between the "stuff" have been some wonderful postings.  And that's what we're about here, and that's what we need to do.

I haz spoken.

So it is written, so it shall be done.

JMK

« Reply #344 on: January 26, 2005, 07:34:40 PM »

I mentioned a few weeks ago, when I was listening to Lori's commentary on her Creature DVD, that she got her job after passing muster with Sophie Rosenstein.   Can anyone definitively tell me what Sophie's first husband Arthur's last name was?  Arthur was Frances' business manager and I have a stack of stuff she gave to him (including her passport), but I don't have anything with his last name on it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #345 on: January 26, 2005, 07:36:51 PM »

Now, what have you all eaten?  Miss Tammy Minoff and I had a lovely supper - she asked to eat here so I rustled up some grub (a little chicken saute) we talked about her project and then I showed her L'Appartement which she asked to see, and which she loved.  She's gone now and I am sitting at my laptop like so much fish.

Cillaliz

« Reply #346 on: January 26, 2005, 07:39:03 PM »

It's been a chicken and egg day....the eggs came first

La Jolie Femme

• I can't read your mind, but you don't know that.
« Reply #347 on: January 26, 2005, 07:41:31 PM »

elmore, with all due respect (and I respect you far more than you know),I think I have a perfect right to defend myself against distortion, lies, and calmuny.  Panni flung the first accusations.  She makes claims but offers no proof.  As if her actions were proof in themselves.  Granted, it has become the culture we live in...the accusation becomes damning enough.

I think my case was dispassionately and reasonably stated.  It was not rife with injured innocence and incensed umbrage as hers have been.  

And then she thinks she's taking the high-road but saying she doesn't need to respond. She doesn't respond because she knows her letters to us alone would prove my point.

Michael, I would have loved for it to remained private.  I did not come out blowing a string of inaccurate accusations.  All this happened way back in mid-December.  You didn't see me coming onto the post flinging this crap around then.  

Oh, I also make a correction.  I did mention Panni in one post today, but it certainly was in no way insulting.

If Panni wishes to blame all sorts of imagined injustices on me and mine, so be it.  All I can do is tell the simple truth.  And the simple truth is Panni is upset not because we "dislike" her, but rather because we are indifferent to her.  And that somehow, inexplicably, gnaws her soul...if it didn't then, how could anything we do or say make this an unsafe haven for her?

Believe it or not...It ain't going to greatly impact my life either.

La Jolie Femme says: YEAH! what HE said! Fish to all...J.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #348 on: January 26, 2005, 07:42:00 PM »

I'm fixin' to grill me a sirloin steak.  I'm gonna have a cheddar cheesy baked potato.

I'm gonna watch "Lost" while I record "Smallville."

And then...I'm taking my tired ass to bed.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

« Reply #349 on: January 26, 2005, 07:42:08 PM »

I did not eat much today, but I had a weird yen for salt at dinner, so Betsy made a delicious plate of nachos with some fairly salty chips and almond cheese (which is surprisingly tasty, melts well and has zero cholesterol).  Then I had some Mocha Almond Fudge soy ice cream.  Aren't you glad you asked?   :o

Cillaliz

« Reply #350 on: January 26, 2005, 07:43:48 PM »

The cats, as always, had fish

JMK

« Reply #351 on: January 26, 2005, 07:45:59 PM »

Isn't Lost a repeat tonight?  It's the one with the crazy French lady.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #352 on: January 26, 2005, 07:49:56 PM »

Yes, George, I got it last year, too, when it was released.  I really like it.  Don't ask me why (it really makes no sense, and I can't put my finger on it), but it reminds me of Birds of Paradise.  Have you heard that one?

No, that's one that I've seen in stores and on-line a lot, but for some reason, I haven't gotten.  I'm getting a nice chunk-o-change back from my taxes.  So you think that that should be added to the list of things that I'm going to get (after I get the 90,000 mile service for my car)?  If you think so, it shall be!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #353 on: January 26, 2005, 07:53:08 PM »

DR JMK - George Eells reports in FINAL GIG that Sophie's husband began as a wholesaler of women's hats named Arthur Gage.  You might find him in one of your Seattle City Directories of the mid 30's.  He of course became a business manager when Frances brought Sophie to Hollywood to prepare an actress for a test and was then hired by the Warner Bros. as an acting coach.

Gage also owned a little theatre in Seattle or West Seattle where Frances did Uncle Vanya, I think.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #354 on: January 26, 2005, 07:54:02 PM »

DR RON tonight is PROJECT RUNWAY....I am distressed at the outcome!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #355 on: January 26, 2005, 07:54:16 PM »

I'm going to have a little more of my yummilicious chicken dish thing.

"That'll be the day." John Wayne in, what?

"Has anyone ever told you that you overplay your various roles rather severely, Mr. Kaplan?  First you're the outraged Madison Avenue man who claims he has been mistaken for someone else.  Then you play a fugitive from justice, supposedly trying to clear his name of a crime he knows he didn't commit.  And now, you play the peevish lover, stung by jealousy and betrayal.   Seems to me you fellows could use a little less training from the FBI and a little more from the Actor's Studio."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #356 on: January 26, 2005, 07:54:17 PM »

For dinner:  if it's not too late, I'll head off to Panda Express.  I was planning on getting home in time for "Lost" but it didn't happen.  I wanted to finish some orders to make sure that I know what I'm doing (new computer system and all).  So, I'm still here (a Follies reference)...but not for long. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

La Jolie Femme

• I can't read your mind, but you don't know that.
« Reply #357 on: January 26, 2005, 07:54:47 PM »

Oh yes! JMK, almond cheese and soy ice cream are such blessings!  One becomes used to deprivations the REAL WORLD wots not of.(I SWEAR i will KILL anyone who tries to playwith my mind on this subject!)

I have Barretts esophagus, ( and you must know what that entails) but if you do not, it is a pre-cancerous condition that may lead to esophageal cancer, which is, at bottom, death!

I am ever aware that respite includes self-disclosure.

EEEK!  You are so brave!

Fish and fish,

La Jolie Femme
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 08:00:19 PM by La Jolie Femme »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #358 on: January 26, 2005, 07:56:40 PM »

John Wayne in THE SEARCHERS, of course.

and James Mason to Cary Grant in NORTH BY NORTHWEST, of course.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #359 on: January 26, 2005, 07:58:41 PM »

With the rich and powerful always a little patience.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16   Go Up