Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: OLD MAN RIVER  (Read 19421 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:OLD MAN RIVER
« Reply #210 on: May 09, 2006, 10:36:08 PM »

Back from dinner and a movie - a perfectly ordinary, somewhat wretched movie called Friends With Money - more about that in the notes.

So, I think the conversations that have happened over the last two days have sort of turned out okay - profuse apologies were made, which were, I feel, heartfelt, so I think things will be fine, although I'm always a bit wary after these sorts of things.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #211 on: May 09, 2006, 10:43:19 PM »

I'm glad things are going to turn out ok, BK.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #212 on: May 09, 2006, 10:57:55 PM »

As long as you';re not staging another meltdown all should be fine  :D :-*

and I am not far from one... It has been a very bad week...

It is the primary reason I have been E & T... I just do not want to inflect my grouchiness on anyone....
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 10:58:55 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #213 on: May 09, 2006, 11:05:07 PM »

TOTD:

I have been on a boat a few times...

One of the more interesting watercraft experiences was when some friends and I went canoeing at Cormarant Lake in Minnesota and in the wilderness area we got to see Bald Eagles nesting. What a sight! One swooped down and grabbed a fish from in the water near us.

I have been on a ferry up in Vancouver when I was visiting rellies in Vancouver and Seattle. While we were waiting for the ferry to leave i was watching this cat on a houseboat near by. He was having a hayday on the roof.

I have been on a boat a few other times since.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #214 on: May 09, 2006, 11:06:50 PM »

Elmore, Ihope you enjoy DaVinci Code. I read it last summer and enjoyed it. I am presently reading Angels and Demons.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #215 on: May 09, 2006, 11:09:08 PM »

I just had the most amazing lunch with Rodzinski.  I met him at his office and we went to Little India in Queens for an Indian buffet lunch.  I made three trips to ensure we got our money's worth of course.

Fargo now has an Indian buffet. The food is pretty good.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #216 on: May 09, 2006, 11:14:01 PM »

P.A. announcement:  "The Library closes in 15 minutes."  ;D

hee hee hee.... Gee ours is a bit different. "The Library will close in 25 Minutes and circulation in 10 minutes."

I do like the closing one... One of the students did it in a darth vader voice.. RAther neat.. "The library now closed, please leave the building"

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #217 on: May 09, 2006, 11:15:50 PM »

I agree with the others, TPunk, we need to see a picture of you in your cap and gown!!

Again, congratulations, you have worked hard!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #218 on: May 09, 2006, 11:20:55 PM »

Have a safe journey to San Diego, FJL... I will also add try to have some fun also!!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #219 on: May 10, 2006, 12:00:50 AM »

I just got back to the cabin from Seattle - reading was a real good time. All solid actors, all very congenial. And the director had FoOD there for us, at the act break! Mmmmm, nice marinated mozzarella, seedless dark purple and green grapes, those blue (BLUE!) corn chips with guacamole and a nice spinach dip... I go back again tomorrow. This is so fun! I realize that I have done readings of three plays in less than three weeks! Ah, life!

Well, it's very late for me  - so I'll toddle off to bed. Sweet dreams, all!
PennyO

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #220 on: May 10, 2006, 12:13:08 AM »

Good news about the conversations, BK.  Vibes that there is no need to be wary in the future. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #221 on: May 10, 2006, 12:14:59 AM »

Good night, Penny!  I can't wait until Monday!  I'm going to try and borrow my sister's digital camera and maybe we can get a couple of pictures afterwards...NOT DURING, of course! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #222 on: May 10, 2006, 12:17:18 AM »

Gratuitous Post in memory of the TV show, "Room 222." ;)

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 12:17:51 AM by George »

George

« Reply #223 on: May 10, 2006, 12:22:10 AM »

Well, this Friday (the day after tomorrow), Cheryl Bentyne of The Manhattan Transfer is performing in Seattle!  She's doing two shows and, on a whim, I bought a ticket to each performance!  She's doing a 7:00 p.m. show and a 10:00 p.m. show.  I bought one for each!  They were fairly cheap, so I thought, "Why Not?" (a Manhattan Transfer reference!).  So that's what I'll be doing on Friday. ;D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up