Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: INTENSITY  (Read 20987 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:INTENSITY
« Reply #150 on: May 15, 2006, 03:02:27 PM »

Topic of the Day:  Harry Warren Songs (most have already been mentioned):

42nd Street
About a Quarter to Nine
Chattanooga Choo-Choo
I Only Have Eyes For You
I'm Just Wild About Harry
Lullaby of Broadway
On the Atchison, Topeka and the Santa Fe
Shuffle off to Buffalo
You'll Never Know
Zing a Little Zong
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: May 15, 2006, 03:13:18 PM »

Pianist is now forty minutes late and I am getting REALLY annoyed.  There is so much to do and now he's putting me in a time-crunch to get through by my dinner.  Four hours and turned into three hours, which is not so good.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #152 on: May 15, 2006, 03:17:23 PM »

I am back from the gym and no longer feel weighed down by chocolate frosting.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2006, 03:19:37 PM »

Pianist is now forty minutes late and I am getting REALLY annoyed.  There is so much to do and now he's putting me in a time-crunch to get through by my dinner.  Four hours and turned into three hours, which is not so good.

Maybe he is trapped under something heavy.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2006, 03:20:42 PM »

I was 45 minutes late once for a date with Rodzinsky very early in our relationship.  I was late because I was trying to pick out the perfect outfit.  I'm guessing your pianist doesn't have the same excuse.

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2006, 03:39:06 PM »

Hello and Laters!... Am juggling production notes on one script with addressing notes on another that's going in to the Network in a few days. Had a good meeting on that one this morning. Was almost late because I was doing last minute production rewrites. I actually like being crazy busy -- but it will be nice to have a little time to rest.

George

« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2006, 03:40:04 PM »

Maybe he is trapped under something heavy.

Or someone! :o

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2006, 04:33:27 PM »

Well...it's time.  I'm off to Seattle to meet our very own PennyO!!  I have my sister's boyfriend's camera, so I might be able to post pictures when I get home.

As our very own Broadway baby says, "Laters!" ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #158 on: May 15, 2006, 04:36:08 PM »

ST. JOSEPH, Mo. - A high school teacher has apologized for asking students to write about whom they would kill and how they would do it, and officials said he will likely keep his job.

Michael Maxwell, who teaches industrial technology at Central High School, said his request that students in his beginning drafting class describe how they would carry out a murder was merely a writing prompt. It was not clear why he asked the drafting class to write fiction.
Perhaps they were studying The Mikado?
More likely he's from the Rube Goldberg school of technology.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 04:36:42 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: May 15, 2006, 04:38:19 PM »

And the word of the day is: EPICENE!

Isn't she a character in Les Miz?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #160 on: May 15, 2006, 04:39:48 PM »

I am at work right now and we are busy stuffing bags (pamphlets, condoms and tootsie rolls, etc.) for AIDS Walk on Sunday.  I can't believe it's only a few days away. This is my 6th AIDS Walk and I am walking with my mom this year since she will be in town for my graduation.

The tootsie rolls are for demonstrating how to put the condom on, right?

(Far less intimidating than a banana or cucumber.   ;D)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2006, 04:51:32 PM »

Skip the President--sounds like an idea to me.

It also sounds like the title of a comedy pilot that wasn't picked up.  About America's first twenty year-old elected leader.
Or the comedy pilot of America's first president who thinks he's still twenty.

Starring Marc Price.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2006, 05:01:53 PM »

Pianist has come and gone.  We taped everything, went over each song as to feel and vamps, and he's on his own now to learn everything.  We shall see.  He liked it all, though, so that was nice.

Pogue's in town - we're meeting up tomorrow night for dinner.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2006, 05:16:07 PM »

The tootsie rolls are for demonstrating how to put the condom on, right?

(Far less intimidating than a banana or cucumber.   ;D)

Hee hee, I'm going to suggest that we start using that on the phones! ;D

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2006, 05:17:32 PM »

Dinner tonight is italian meatloaf and garlic mashed potatoes topped with marinara sauce.

Jed

« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2006, 05:50:03 PM »

Dinner tonight will be grilled chicken.  Checked with the apartment manager this morning and our little gas grill is ok to use after all!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2006, 05:55:52 PM »

Dinner tonight is baked ziti.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2006, 05:57:10 PM »

TOD:  I Only Have Eyes for You.  I once got into a bit of a heated e-discussion with someone over at the A&M Board who insisted Harry Warren had ripped off his father's songs.  I thought not.  :)

Re:  Tammy and the Doctor and MacDonald Carey.  I saw Mac in South Pacific when I was but a kid.  Don't remember who played Emile (little joke there).  Betsy and I were very disappointed that Aras won--I think he was just a big arrogant f***, but what do I know?  We were rooting for Terry.  Also I believe that Tammy and the Doctor was scored by none other than Percy Faith, and I am happy to tell you Faith aficianados that three of the rarest Faith LPs ever have just been released (well, actually tomorrow, but I got advance copies) on CD:  his two Japanese only releases of contemporary Japanese pop music of the 70s, and the 50s album Touchdown.  They're available at www.Taragon.com.  The Japanese albums especially will delight fans of the classic 60-70s Faith sound.

Catching up department:  Betsy and I watched, for the first time ever, A Kiss Before Dying the other night on TCM, based on a book by BK's close personal friend Ira Levin.  May I just say that Virginia Leith was perhaps the most laughably bad actress I have witnessed recently, and though Maltin gives him raves, I found Robert Wagner a little wanting, too.  Woodward was great.  Had to laugh at the "theme" song--how exactly do you make a pop hit out of the phrase "a kiss before dying."  Evidently the songwriters couldn't figure out how to, either.  ;)

Spent a nice afternoon watching a rare Frances Farmer 1958 live t.v. drama and correctly guessed it was scored by Jerry Goldsmith.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2006, 05:58:16 PM »

You should have hired me.  You know with my penchant for rehearsal tempi I could have been through in 15 minutes.  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

MBarnum

« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2006, 06:02:46 PM »

Dinner tonight is italian meatloaf and garlic mashed potatoes topped with marinara sauce.

Wow! I wish your side of town wasn't all the way on the other side of the country! I am having a TV dinner  :P

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2006, 06:03:03 PM »

Hi all, I was a little worried after the visit to the doctor. She was more than willing to help me out and agreed I'm burned out, but didn't think she could just write a note and I'd get 6 weeks off.  Well, I called our Administrative Officer and my boss. Their response was "is 6 weeks enough? do you need more time? whatever you need we'll workout" Sheesh! Who woulda thunk it.   So my boss is coming up tomorrow and I'll touch base with my doctor to get the note I need and I'll most likely be on leave from next Monday until July 10. I'll have to use a few days of vacation, but I'm sure Paul will let me help him paint a mural on the water tower for Saturday in the Park again this year, so that will be how I end my leave of absence

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2006, 06:03:08 PM »

That superb Judy Garland: By Myself documentary is on the EASTER PARADE DVD set, by the way, as a bonus feature.

Speaking of Judy (and we often do), does anyone have any idea what a genuine Judy Garland autograph is worth???
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2006, 06:04:41 PM »

A Friend bought a new house today. It's pretty run down, but the view is totally incredible and with a lot of work it could be a very cool place. We stopped up there after work for a glass of champagne. It was nice
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 06:06:16 PM by Cillaliz »

MBarnum

« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2006, 06:07:29 PM »

TOD:  
I am happy to tell you Faith aficianados that three of the rarest Faith LPs ever have just been released (well, actually tomorrow, but I got advance copies) on CD:  his two Japanese only releases of contemporary Japanese pop music of the 70s, and the 50s album Touchdown.  They're available at www.Taragon.com.  The Japanese albums especially will delight fans of the classic 60-70s Faith sound.

Hmm...looks like I will be buying some CDs!!  ;D

Catching up department:  Betsy and I watched, for the first time ever, A Kiss Before Dying the other night on TCM, based on a book by BK's close personal friend Ira Levin.  May I just say that Virginia Leith was perhaps the most laughably bad actress I have witnessed recently

You know JMK, Virginia Leith went on to star as the disembodied head being kept alive in the 1963 film THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE....now if that don't take acting ability, I don't know what does!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 06:08:14 PM by MBarnum »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2006, 06:12:53 PM »

The book of A Kiss Before Dying is brilliant - one of the best debut novels ever, and the films made from it could never hope to duplicate the head-twisting surprise of the book.  

I'm so hungry I'm about to faint - I'm hoping my dinner partner will be here close to six-thirty.

JMK

« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2006, 06:13:22 PM »

A Friend bought a new house today. It's pretty run down, but the view is totally incredible and with a lot of work it could be a very cool place. We stopped up there after work for a glass of champagne. It was nice

Betsy and I almost bought a complete dump last year solely for the view.  We actually created a new character (we have stock characters we do, but that's another story) based on the house.  The house was a complete shambles and reeked of cigarette smoke (I mean absolutely reeked--you would open the front door and be assaulted by airborne nicotine odor).  And yet there amidst all the chaos was one solitary linen closet, with shelf after shelf of neatly folded sheets, all with hand-calligraphed labels underneath them, "Single flat," "Single fitted," etc.  I immediately came up with the chainsmoking wife of the home, Mrs. Allen Swanson (we knew the owner's name from the listing), who I made sound kind of like Selma and Patti of The Simpsons, and who had a sheet fetish.  Is this all too much information?  Oh, well, too late.  :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2006, 06:16:00 PM »

Vixter's bicycle

I realize that today is not ASK BK Day, but that apparently hasn't stopped me.  Does anyone have any idea why a boy's bike has that bar across it and the girl's doesn't?  As I learned many times as a youth, it should be the other way around.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2006, 06:16:20 PM »

Cillaliz good vibes getting the doctor's note.  

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2006, 06:19:37 PM »

A six-week vacation, Cillaliz? Neat! If you happen to end up in Las Vegas, let me know! I'll meet you there!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2006, 06:20:53 PM »

“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up