Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TIME - THE BITCH GODDESS  (Read 18362 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:TIME - THE BITCH GODDESS
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2006, 01:32:16 PM »

Having read inadvertently how last night's LAW & ORDER was going to end, I couldn't sit through another emotional drama this afternoon, so instead I watched the two back-to-back episodes of SCRUBS from Tuesday night.

spoiler -  - - - - - - -

My gosh, three pregnant ladies for our cliffhanger!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2006, 01:34:47 PM »

Page Five Pooh Dance!!!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2006, 01:41:11 PM »

Vixmom, I had Quiznos today too. Chicken corn chowder!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2006, 01:41:34 PM »

If I had a hi fi...

Danise

« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2006, 02:00:16 PM »

Hi again!  Sorry I left so quickly.  I don't know what happened--I just lost the signal and by the time I got it back it was to late to sign back on.  I only get a half hour for lunch.

I guess the building really does block out side signals.  Ah, well.

I am so sorry to hear your news, DR Elmore.  I wish there was something I could say or do to make it better.  Believe me when I say I understand exactly what your going through.

I wanted to thank TCB for the wonderful Mothers Day wishes for my Mom.  That was so very nice and thoughtful of you.

Let me check my Tivo tonight, VixMom.  I have BL on a season pass so I don't know why I wouldn't have but knowing my luck, just about the time I say I have something, it won't work or be there.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2006, 02:03:54 PM »

I must say it is kinda cool having the lap top on the bus.  A bit of pain to carry but maybe I can get a lighter laptop sometime soon.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2006, 02:11:03 PM »

If I had a hi fi...

. . . I'd play it in the mornin'
I'd play it in the evenin'
All over this land
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2006, 02:13:59 PM »

Almost home!  Passing the dog park now.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2006, 02:15:25 PM »

Gas prices are 2.71 for regular and 2.91 for ulitimate.  Silver is 2.81.  That's a live report.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2006, 02:17:17 PM »

Well I hate to post and run but we're almost to my stop.  I will try to get back on when I get home.  

If not, everyone have a wonderful evening!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2006, 02:24:17 PM »

. . . I'd play it in the mornin'
I'd play it in the evenin'
All over this land

It's true!  :)

Ginny

« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2006, 02:31:16 PM »

Oops, missed the bus to ride home with Danise!  Isn't that cool that she can post from there?

I'll be leaving work soon to go directly to my book group.  Tonight we're discussing The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler.  Next month, we'll become the Jane Austen Book Club, each member reading Austen books of her choice.  I'm trying to do them in the same order as the group in Fowler's book, so right now I'm listening to Emma while driving.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2006, 02:32:58 PM »

Come To The East Coast All You West Coast HHWr's!!![/size]

Quote:
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - In another in a series of notable pronouncements, religious broadcaster Pat Robertson says God told him storms and possibly a tsunami will hit America's coastline this year.

Robertson has made the predictions at least four times in the past two weeks on his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network, which he founded.

Robertson said the revelations about this year's weather came to him during his annual personal prayer retreat in January.

"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms," Robertson said May 8. On Wednesday, he added, "There well may be something as bad as a tsunami in the Pacific Northwest."

Robertson has come under intense criticism in recent months for suggesting that American agents should assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine retribution for Israel's pullout from the Gaza Strip.

What has not been included in this article is that Robertson has personally invested heavily in swimming schools all through Washington and Oregon.  (British Columbia, being part of Canada, is not in any danger.)

;)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2006, 02:33:27 PM »

Got a lovely package from dear reader elmore - I hadn't been to the mail place since Saturday, so there were a few nice things waiting for me.  I shall now shower, dress for tonight's concert, then be on my way to LACC for the afternoon rehearsal, which I'll leave at six-fifteen.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2006, 02:36:00 PM »

Gladiator the Musical!

And they wonder why I got so excited about The Drowsy Chaperone
Ah, but can you imagine the choreography for Gladiator?  Particularly that buff kick line?

Radio City Music Hall Rockettes, you will have met your match!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #135 on: May 18, 2006, 02:36:43 PM »

TOD:

[size=20]YURT[/size]

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2006, 02:41:42 PM »

Ah, but can you imagine the choreography for Gladiator?  Particularly that buff kick line?

Radio City Music Hall Rockettes, you will have met your match!

DR MBarnum will be at every performance!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2006, 02:44:20 PM »

Got a lovely package from dear reader elmore - I hadn't been to the mail place since Saturday, so there were a few nice things waiting for me.

Fantastic!

BTW, THE DA VINCI CODE just got a great review on NBC local news, and it was followed by a story about a Darien, CT priest, Father Fay (?) who's embezzled at present count between $200 - 400,000 from his parishioners to keep himself and his boyfriend in luxury.  And the Church is worried about Dan  Brown's book?  Oy!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2006, 02:48:22 PM »

Oops, missed the bus to ride home with Danise!  Isn't that cool that she can post from there?

I'll be leaving work soon to go directly to my book group.  Tonight we're discussing The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler.  Next month, we'll become the Jane Austen Book Club, each member reading Austen books of her choice.  I'm trying to do them in the same order as the group in Fowler's book, so right now I'm listening to Emma while driving.

EMMA's good, but PERSUASION is up there in sublimity with Mozart, Schubert, and the best of writing.  I strive to be as good and understanding as Mr Knightley but end up as tacky as Mr Elton!

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2006, 02:52:36 PM »

Off to do household chores and then on to tonight's TV finales - WILL & GRACE, CSI, and WITHOUT A TRACE.

WBBL.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2006, 02:53:14 PM »

Gladiator the Musical?!?

AND "Secondhand Lions" is going to be made into a musical, too!  I've never seen the movie.  Is it any good?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2006, 02:59:32 PM »

EMMA's good, but PERSUASION is up there in sublimity with Mozart, Schubert, and the best of writing.  I strive to be as good and understanding as Mr Knightley but end up as tacky as Mr Elton!

Here's the order in which I'll be reading/listening:

Emma
Sense and Sensibility
Mansfield Park
Northanger Abbey
Pride and Prejudice
Persuasion
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2006, 03:15:32 PM »

I thought I had something to say before I started "catching up."

After having done so, I don't.

I mean, how could I possibly add to what has already BEEN said?

« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 03:38:14 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2006, 03:16:28 PM »

AND "Secondhand Lions" is going to be made into a musical, too!  I've never seen the movie.  Is it any good?

I liked it.

I don't remember much about it.

I do remember I liked it.

But what do I know?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 03:21:16 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2006, 03:21:44 PM »

But what do I know?

You know that you liked it. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2006, 03:28:29 PM »

Here's the order in which I'll be reading/listening:

Emma
Sense and Sensibility
Mansfield Park
Northanger Abbey
Pride and Prejudice
Persuasion

NORTHANGER ABBEY should be funnier but the heroine's sooo dumb!  How dumb is she?  She thinks Shirley Temple is a synagogue.  What does the romantic hero ever see in something that stupid?

I actually prefer the film of SENSE & SENSIBILITY, but I think the other four are great, rating them MANSFIELD PARK (4; too much sanctimony about the vicar's life although the Aunt Norris is a bitch from hell), EMMA (3, could be a bit more sparkling), P & P (2, but high in my pantheon of great lit), PERSUASION (#1, profound and heartbreaking; the literary happy ending Miss Austen never experienced in life).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2006, 03:39:56 PM »

Ack.

Ack-Ack.

Ack.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: May 18, 2006, 03:40:37 PM »

The news just had a bit of General Hayden's senate interrogation to be head of the CIA, and in justifying illegal wire tapping, he saud "the more we put out there, the more terrorists we kill and capture."  Kill was definitely the first word.

Speaking of the news, any thoughts on the Duke University rape case?  I think it's a Tawana Brawley fraud all over again.

Tomovoz

« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2006, 03:42:29 PM »

Happy Birthday DR François

(I think I'm about 23 minutes early - Paris time!)

From the Disney Fantasia Auditions:
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: May 18, 2006, 03:42:49 PM »

Why don't they take some second- or third-rate films and improve them as musicals?  DR MBarnum would love a musical of ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE!  I think it could only help that film.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up