Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: BUMP AND GRIND  (Read 23808 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:BUMP AND GRIND
« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2006, 03:33:39 PM »

DR MATTH - who KNOWS what Amazon is doing with my Doris Day stuff...
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2006, 03:36:20 PM »

DR MattH (and DR Danise) re: meatloaf.  Did the contestants get to pick their favorite artists to sing with?  Since they mentioned that Chris sang with his favorite band I thought that maybe the others got to choose as well.

I did not enjoy Meatloaf with Katharine. But I did like Mary J. Blige and Elliot.

Btw, on Tuesday night when Katharine sang "Over the Rainbow" she mentioned that her earpiece (the one that gets her in the right key for the first note) malfunctioned (i.e., it didn't work at all).  I don't know if all the contestants use this. But I was glad that it didn't screw her up for the entire song. And I thought it could have ended up quite unfair (since it wasn't her fault it didn't work and she was obviously counting on it).

Cillaliz

« Reply #212 on: May 25, 2006, 03:50:02 PM »

Well, with the "evil eyes" in the photo of Nilla, I should have seen it coming....yup, he did it again, he attacked and attacked only this time we were at my parents' house. Dad and I tried to capture him to get him to the vet, but we couldn't get it done We finally called "the mobile vet" who came out. We trapped him in the den, and he literally ran up the walls- that was an amazing sight- we got him in a net, tranquilized him and he's now spending the night at the local vet.

This isn't good news. We can't figure out what triggers it.  He's either having some sort of psychological break or he's got a brain tumor or something.  Anyway, I'll know more tomorrow. I can't live with a cat who just freaks out and attacks me for some unknown reason.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: May 25, 2006, 03:51:01 PM »

Would love to stay but we're on dial-up and my mom wants to use the phone....laters

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: May 25, 2006, 03:52:52 PM »

Am I in the third season of Doris Day?

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #215 on: May 25, 2006, 03:53:53 PM »

Aw, DARN, Cillaliz. I was hoping you found the cause.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #216 on: May 25, 2006, 03:54:34 PM »

DR Vixmom, if there is any adult content in Lestat, don't worry about it. The Vixter can probably explain it to you.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #217 on: May 25, 2006, 04:54:43 PM »

Ron I needed that happy page 6.

Having completed all her tests today my friend was up to talking tonight.  Seems the good news she sent me wasn’t completely accurate.  When she initially told me she had a “mass” she neglected to mention a biopsy or the results of said biopsy-cancer.  The good news today is that it is contained.

She won’t know until after the mass is removed from her lung if it is a new cancer or one that metastasized from a previous cancer.

I’m back to being very scared.

Jane

« Reply #218 on: May 25, 2006, 05:01:39 PM »

Cillaliz, I’m sorry about Nilla.  I hope the vet figures it out & can correct the problem.  Did you stay calmer this time?

Ginny

« Reply #219 on: May 25, 2006, 05:28:00 PM »

Thursday evening, between-thunderstorms, greetings!  My workshop in Cincinnati ended at 4pm; I went from there to pick up my mom and my aunt and the three of us went out to dinner together.  Got them home just as the rain started and I drove home in a spectacular lightening display.  I pulled into the garage just ahead of the deluge.

DR Jane - I'm sorry for the roller coaster of news reports you've received from your friend.

DR Cillaliz - Scary cat story - hope it turns out OK.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #220 on: May 25, 2006, 05:29:30 PM »

DR Vixmom, if there is any adult content in Lestat, don't worry about it. The Vixter can probably explain it to you.

LOL, DR DearReaderLaura  ;D
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #221 on: May 25, 2006, 05:31:18 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~Vibes for Jane's Friend!!~~~
[/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~Vibes for Nilla, Cillaliz's Cat!!~~~
[/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #222 on: May 25, 2006, 05:39:06 PM »

I am taking Friday off and will have a loooooooong 4 day weekend!

Since the Monday holiday falls on my regular day off, I get an extra day and the scheduling gods gave me Tuesday, making a 4-day weekend for me, too.  I'm so-o-o-o-o ready.

François de Paris

« Reply #223 on: May 25, 2006, 05:40:58 PM »

Well, with the "evil eyes" in the photo of Nilla, I should have seen it coming....yup, he did it again, he attacked and attacked only this time we were at my parents' house. Dad and I tried to capture him to get him to the vet, but we couldn't get it done We finally called "the mobile vet" who came out. We trapped him in the den, and he literally ran up the walls- that was an amazing sight- we got him in a net, tranquilized him and he's now spending the night at the local vet.

This isn't good news. We can't figure out what triggers it.  He's either having some sort of psychological break or he's got a brain tumor or something.  Anyway, I'll know more tomorrow. I can't live with a cat who just freaks out and attacks me for some unknown reason.  

Say it is not so! It looks like it might be more serious than previously thought! You are right; you can't have an animal that might be a threat to you and others.
Some dogs, like German Shepherds, with age can get some blood disease that makes them turn against their masters! Some friends of mine had that happen to their dog and they were forced to have their pet terminated!
I don't know if cats can show the same health troubles!
It's sad indeed! Let's hope someone can find what is wrong with Nilla!

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #224 on: May 25, 2006, 05:43:36 PM »

My prayers are with you and your friend, Jane.

Jane

« Reply #225 on: May 25, 2006, 05:45:12 PM »

Thanks Ginny & George.  

Jane

« Reply #226 on: May 25, 2006, 05:49:42 PM »

Thank you DRLaura.  My friend has never smoked, but she did live with a smoker for a number of years.  I just hope surgery is the end of it.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #227 on: May 25, 2006, 05:55:12 PM »

Cillaliz, I’m sorry about Nilla.  I hope the vet figures it out & can correct the problem.  Did you stay calmer this time?

Yes, but you should have heard my Dad on the 3rd or 4th call to the regular vet when they said there was no one who could help us get him in his carrier. He freaked out. I didn't but it was just impossible to get him to calm down or get him in his carrier any other way than to tranquilize him.

Cillaliz

« Reply #228 on: May 25, 2006, 05:58:33 PM »

VIBES to DR JANE AND HER FRIEND

Ginny

« Reply #229 on: May 25, 2006, 06:04:07 PM »

DRs Jane and Cillaliz - wouldn't you like to be at The Dusk Lounge in NYC this evening?  Bet DR TPunk's party is in full swing by now!

Cillaliz

« Reply #230 on: May 25, 2006, 06:05:58 PM »

Say it is not so! It looks like it might be more serious than previously thought! You are right; you can't have an animal that might be a threat to you and others.
Some dogs, like German Shepherds, with age can get some blood disease that makes them turn against their masters! Some friends of mine had that happen to their dog and they were forced to have their pet terminated!
I don't know if cats can show the same health troubles!
It's sad indeed! Let's hope someone can find what is wrong with Nilla!

Thanks Fracois and everyone else for the vibes about Nilla. I'll know more tomorrow, but I fear the news won't be good.  I had a long talk with Nilla's regular vet. He knows Nilla and wasn't very optimistic.

Cillaliz

« Reply #231 on: May 25, 2006, 06:08:27 PM »

DRs Jane and Cillaliz - wouldn't you like to be at The Dusk Lounge in NYC this evening?  Bet DR TPunk's party is in full swing by now!

I'd love to be there Ginny - I hope they are having a blast.

Cillaliz

« Reply #232 on: May 25, 2006, 06:11:30 PM »

My brother just got a phone message from a lawyer in Sioux City who very dramatically said "I just heard about what happened to Priscilla, if she needs anything at all tell her to call me" and asked him to call her back. LOL....no this isn't about the cat, it's about the leave. He wanted to know if he should call. I said "Of Course, I've got to hear the story that's going around...I bet it's a doozy"

Ginny

« Reply #233 on: May 25, 2006, 06:13:32 PM »

We could all click

HERE

and pretend we're partying with DR TPunk, MSW.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #234 on: May 25, 2006, 06:22:24 PM »

Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?

Dont want to run afoul with ADA
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #235 on: May 25, 2006, 06:23:50 PM »

Where are all the callers?  It's been a slow morning here on the hotline.

Laryngitis?  ;)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #236 on: May 25, 2006, 06:25:24 PM »

Cake...the breakfast of champions! ;D

as is Pizza...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #237 on: May 25, 2006, 06:28:40 PM »

I just received good news from my friend I was worried about.  She doesn’t have cancer.  It didn’t look good at all & I was really scared, so were her children who rushed home.

Thanks Ben, classes as well as auditions & a good job-GREAT NEWS!

Glad to hear that your freind is cancer-free!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #238 on: May 25, 2006, 06:32:17 PM »

Has anyone seen the movie DAY OF THE ANIMALS?

Many, Many years ago...

MBarnum, can i email you sometime next week about some Bollywood movies?

Ginny

« Reply #239 on: May 25, 2006, 06:35:35 PM »

More thunderstorms rolling in - gonna disconnect now.  See y'all tomorrow!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up