Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: BUMP AND GRIND  (Read 23533 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
BUMP AND GRIND
« on: May 25, 2006, 12:07:18 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes did the bump and grind and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're also doing the bump and grind, and it's not that pretty a sight, frankly.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 12:13:24 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BUMP AND GRIND
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 12:08:46 AM »

And the word of the day is: DOGMATIC!

Danise

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 04:18:43 AM »

1st post!

And a very good morning to all! :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 04:38:06 AM »

I got kicked off the site and had one devil of a time trying to get back on.

Anyway, I am delighted to hear the TCB news!  What a wonderful way to start the day!

Now I forgot everything I wanted to say and we're almost downtown.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 04:39:38 AM »

I'm glad that Abie is doing better.  

He may know about his friend even if you didn't tell him.  Dogs know these kind of things.

Good morning, Elmore!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 04:40:42 AM »

I gotta sign off for now.   Have a great day everyone!  How about a lunch date?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 04:41:09 AM »

Cilliliz--I remember I wanted to ask what kind of camera you got.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ben

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 04:43:56 AM »

Good Morning to Larry and Danise.

Ben

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 04:44:29 AM »

I shall see Larry around 11:30 this morning as I take my lunch hour  :D

Ben

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 04:46:41 AM »

I had a most excellent visit last night with Mr. Moore and our own Jose and Jason. We (Mr. Moore and myself) saw Lestat. I'll leave it at that. We then went to O'Lunney's on 44th Street for a drink and a catch-up. Mmm, cheese fries!!! I've been so good this week I decided to splurge. Jason joined us halfway through the evening. We informed him how much he is missed and he appreciates our sentiments. Don't know if that's enough to bring him back any time soon.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 04:47:12 AM »

DR Danise, does the driver on the bus say "move on back?"

Good morning, all!  I had a lovely day yesterday.  I wrote a few bars of a song I'm orchestrating as a gift for a lady I'm fond of, I lounged about and then I went to the theatre district to see LESTAT, with the festive group made up of my houseguest (and former intern) Dylan, DR Ben, my Toyland colleague Tom Murray, and my favorite NYPL music division librarian Bob Kosovsky.

What does one say kind about the boring mess LESTAT?  My friend Hugh Panaro was wonderful, as was my friend Carolee, and I thought there were about three good numbers in a score I found neither well orchestrated nor diverse enough.  The dramaturgist in me kept thinking, Oh no, not two numbers back-to-back for the same character and what the hell is going on in this plot.  Luckily, Act Two got a major kick with the arrival of the character Claudia, who brought a touch of Rhoda Penmark and other obnoxious children as well as a huge belt and some comedy.  

By my calculations, the show's references to the "incorrect" vampiric ability of turning into wolf, vapor, etc. from DRACULA (still the definitive vampire book for me) happen around 1858, nearly 40 years before DRACULA's publication.  Miss Rice's vampires can't turn themselves into wolves, vapor, etc,, but they sure can suffer and get their historic dates wrong.  In the past I've found Miss Ann Rice's books unreadable and I thought her musical a bore.  Hard times for vampires.  Oy!

After the show, we all stepped out for a nosh and met our E&T DRJason, who's been doing concessions at various shows; last night was THE HISTORY BOYS, which I want to see.  We learned all about Jason's new job, which I believe begins next Monday.

TOD:
  Tall Hope (and nearly all of the score to WILDCAT)
  I've Got Your Number
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 04:55:41 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 04:48:00 AM »

For those of you wondering about the future of DR Jose, don't worry, the man will never be out of work for long. He's got projects to keep him busy after Sunday. Things that will take him far and wide both theatrically and geographically. He does intend to resume posting in a while but things are busy at the moment so give him some time.

Ben

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 04:51:06 AM »

I do really enjoy "Be a Performer" from Little Me

Ben

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 04:51:30 AM »

I am my own frenzy.

Ben

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 04:52:07 AM »

Well, at least we are at 14, on our way to 29.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 04:56:15 AM »

Good morning, DR Ben!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 05:45:51 AM »

Good morning, DR Elmore!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2006, 06:16:44 AM »

Have I missed it, or has someone already related the story of Carolyn Leigh and the tryout of LITTLE ME.  In case no one has told it:  

Apparently, everyone was trying to save the number "Lafayette, we Are Here" and temporarily put some cuts to the lyric, just to test it out.  Carolyn Leigh reportedly said that she's a member of the Dramstists Guild and knows her rights, storming out saying something like "I'm protected, and that's the law."  The rest of the team went about trying to save the number, and a little while later, Ms. Leigh walked in with a policeman, saying to the cop something like "Arrest them.  They broke the law.  They violated my Dramatists Guild rights."

Cillaliz

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2006, 06:22:18 AM »

Cilliliz--I remember I wanted to ask what kind of camera you got.  

Well I splurged - I got a Canon Rebel XT - It's a digital SLR.  

I used to do a lot of photography with my old 33mm long ago. While I was in law school I was the photographer and student editor of the law school alumni magazine for 2 years, (I also wrote the law school musical - a parody on Oliver we called Law Lover)

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting back into photography a little.  With this camera I can do almost anything. I need to get a good telephoto lens and learn how to run the thing, but right now I have time and it should be fun.  
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 06:22:45 AM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2006, 06:24:16 AM »

DR Danise, does the driver on the bus say "move on back?"

LOL I thought you were going to ask her if the wheels on the bus go round and round!

Cillaliz

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006, 06:30:13 AM »

TOD
when I was a kid we used to sing TENDER SHEPARD and
I WON'T GROW UP, I always liked them, but didn't know who wrote them until just this minute....this has to be one of the most educational and popular sites on the internet!

Ben

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2006, 06:30:34 AM »

Fred, I just read that story about Miss Leigh also. Apparently she could be "difficult" to work with  ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2006, 06:32:18 AM »

Well Good Morning to all - I better go, I'm just delaying the inevitable - packing and herding cats.  Looking forward to getting to the lake.  My best friend is retiring from abstracting and there is a party there for her today. I'm really glad I'll be able to make it.

This not working is kind of nice.  

Ben

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2006, 06:37:54 AM »

Donald! What a great show this week!!! I love what I've heard of the CD and Miss Ford is quite a talent. I, like Ann Kerry Ford, am a fan of Kurt Weill and this just makes me even more of a fan. She does some beautiful work here. And thanks for the link to her Web site. If the Something Wonderful CD is as good as the Kurt Weill CD I'll be very happy with my purchases.

MBarnum

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2006, 06:55:31 AM »

Cillaliz, those photos you took were wonderful!

Wheneve I take a photo of the cat or dog their eyes always look"evil" and glowing. I hate that.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2006, 07:01:42 AM »

Good morning everyone!  I am at GMHC gearing up for whatever HIV related questions may come my way over the next four hours.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2006, 07:02:23 AM »

Ben and Elmore, thanks for the updates on DR's Jason and Jose.  I hope to see them back soon.

Jennifer

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2006, 07:04:24 AM »

Re: last night's LOST.

spoilers.

I'm not sure what I think of the show. More confusing than imformative in some ways.

Here is the television without pity summary.

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/story.cgi?show=136&story=9384

There are a few things i found interesting.

1.Desmond not pushing the buttom made the plane crash.
2.Henry Gale seemed to be the leader.

Of course there were things that i found confusing. Especially the last scene and why those Russians called Desmond's girlfriend.

DR MattH, I guess the interesting/daring thing you were referring to was them capturing some of the castaways. I think that could be very interesting. And it will let us know more about The Others. And hopefully the French woman's daughter will help them.

And I guess we will also find out what happens to Locke/Eko/Desmond.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2006, 07:04:37 AM »

Well Good Morning to all - I better go, I'm just delaying the inevitable - packing and herding cats.  Looking forward to getting to the lake.  My best friend is retiring from abstracting and there is a party there for her today. I'm really glad I'll be able to make it.

This not working is kind of nice.  

Does anyone remember the superbowl commercial from a few years back where cowboys attempted to drive a herd of cats across the country side?

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2006, 07:05:03 AM »

Dan the Man I just read your Pee Wee story from last night.  What a good uncle you are!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up