Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE  (Read 24276 times)

Cillaliz

Re:DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE
« Reply #180 on: June 24, 2006, 07:58:15 PM »

It is usually not too bad, temperature-wise in Glacier Bay.  Just make sure that you have a jacket, in case the wind is blowing.  You are lucky that you are going this year, while there are still glaciers to be seen.

I was there in 1984 the last week in May or maybe the first week in June.  I think I wore a hooded sweatshirt and t-shirt with a rubber rain coat and was plenty warn.  I would recommend layers.

Cillaliz

« Reply #181 on: June 24, 2006, 07:59:22 PM »

Cillaliz -I wasn’t thinking of living permanently in the other countries, just long enough.  I love where we are.  Sometimes we talk about exploring some of the towns in New Mexico & moving there, a state Keith likes and I have yet to see.

I’m also glad Bootsie is safe.

Oh, I have often thought about living places for a period of time, I'm just going through a phase where I don't want to be anywhere else.

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: June 24, 2006, 08:00:32 PM »

DR Jane - while I was shopping at a Coldwater Creek store in Illinois, my mother got to talking about her upcoming cruise with one of the clerks, who used to live in Alaska.  She recommended gloves, which my mom had not thought of, since her trip is in early September.

I agree with that one. I forgot we had gloves and I wore them in Glacier Bay

Cillaliz

« Reply #183 on: June 24, 2006, 08:10:24 PM »

I had a nice day at the lake.  I took a TON of photos and then got about 45 minutes into my drive home when I realized I left my camera at the lake. I decided to go back for it, so my dad said he'd start driving from that end and we'd meet wherever we met.   I was a bit comcerned we might miss each other, but we didn't. He saved me a bunch of time and I have the camera.  I got back later than I planned (duh) and had to run to Petco to get kitten supplies and restock Callie's favorite treats so I won't do anything with the photos until tomorrow.

Cillaliz

« Reply #184 on: June 24, 2006, 08:11:03 PM »

almost to 3500

Cillaliz

« Reply #185 on: June 24, 2006, 08:11:22 PM »

This should do it....hoo and ray

Cillaliz

« Reply #186 on: June 24, 2006, 08:11:54 PM »

Page 7 solo dance (I seem to be all alone here)

François de Paris

« Reply #187 on: June 24, 2006, 08:15:02 PM »

I KNOW the feline.... errr.... the feeling!

Meow! ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #188 on: June 24, 2006, 08:16:33 PM »

Solo dance with Han?! :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #189 on: June 24, 2006, 08:16:47 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... I managed to find myself in a "work mood", so I got some good practicing and score analysis done on this new show I'm wor-shopping right now.  Alas, it looks like I'm due to get a LOT more music as the week goes by, but at least I got this stuff in my fingers and head now.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 08:20:30 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #190 on: June 24, 2006, 08:16:49 PM »

Pur-r-r-r-r-r, DR Francois   ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #191 on: June 24, 2006, 08:20:03 PM »

In more somber news...

I went out a bit earlier to get some ice cream from the little store on the corner... When I stepped outside, I noticed lots of police lights flashing about two blocks up.  It turns out that there's a fire in one of the apartment buildings.  From what people were saying, it started on the second floor, and the firemen had just discovered that it had reached the fourth floor.  -I also saw four ambulances drive away, and a couple more drive up to the scene.

Truly a bit too close to home.  I've been checking the local news to see if there's any official report, but nothing has come across yet.  I hope that everyone is safe and out of harm's way.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 08:21:27 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #192 on: June 24, 2006, 08:23:10 PM »

Thanks for all of your concerns and vibes this day.  I made it through the funeral; I made it through the drive there and back; and I made it through the reception following the service.

Now, I am not sure how I feel.
[/size]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #193 on: June 24, 2006, 08:23:28 PM »

Didn't get as many video items watched today as I expected. Was on the telephone for a good piece of the day having lovely conversations with dear friends, so all was very entertaining.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #194 on: June 24, 2006, 08:25:46 PM »

I did watch the remaining two episodes on disc 3 of SUPERMAN. This leaves me with one more disc of episodes (since I already jumped ahead to disc 5 in order to watch the special features. I watched the two episodes on that disc since it was in the player yesterday.)

Claude Aikens was the guest star on one of the episodes. I had forgotten he had ever done the show.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #195 on: June 24, 2006, 08:27:36 PM »

JonBenet Ramsey's mother died today.

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060624103209990002

I suppose we will never know the truth in that case.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

« Reply #196 on: June 24, 2006, 08:28:41 PM »

Then I watched AIR FORCE ONE on Showtime-HD. I hadn't seen the movie in awhile and never in high definition, so since I've always found it a fun action movie, I watched it.

Frankly, I suspect my standard DVD upconverted to high definition resolution will look just as good as this broadcast looked. I didn't find it any sharper or more detailed.

(Now, I caught a bit of OCEANS TWELVE on HBO-HD last night, and it was clearly sharper and more deeply colorful than the standard definition DVD I had watched of the film.)

Matt H.

« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2006, 08:30:57 PM »

I switched the channel to ABC-HD and caught the last five minutes of A BUG'S LIFE. ABC was broadcasting it in high definition, and was it ever gorgeous! Good lord, was it ever eye-popping!

I haven't watched this film in a long time, so I've added it to the DVD queue I have waiting for a spin on the DVD player.

Matt H.

« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2006, 08:32:28 PM »

Ended the evening with a new episode of THE EVIDENCE. The story concerned the shooting of a paramedic and her boy friend, a video news stringer. I didn't guess the murderer, but I did latch on to the correct victim.

Matt H.

« Reply #199 on: June 24, 2006, 08:33:51 PM »

CHARLIE CHAN IN EGYPT is now in the DVD player awaiting playback tomorrow. It will be the first thing I watch tomorrow. Then, I'll likely finish up that last SUPERMAN disc before settling in with either THE GENERAL'S DAUGHTER or A BUG'S LIFE.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #200 on: June 24, 2006, 09:25:31 PM »

Well... The ladders from the fire trucks are no longer "on" the building, and most of the police cars and ambulances have left the scene too.  Hopefully, that's a good sign.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #201 on: June 24, 2006, 09:26:18 PM »

Well, I need to get ready for bed since I have to be on the road back up to Poughkeepsie in about seven hours, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #202 on: June 24, 2006, 09:31:36 PM »

Heading for bed myself.

"See" everyone tomorrow.

Good night!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #203 on: June 24, 2006, 11:06:36 PM »

Well, Matt, I wish you would take your ninety degree temperatures back.  The Pacific Northwest is expected to move into record-setting temperatures for the next few days.  June is usually mild, temperature-wise; but starting today the thermometer is supposed to climb to around 90, till probably Tuesday.

WANTED!!!

One North Dakota Gal wants HOT WEATHER!!! Please send!!

« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 11:28:38 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #204 on: June 24, 2006, 11:13:08 PM »

Welcome DR Adraina Patti!!! Congratulations on your upcoming graducation and my all your dreams come true. Knock 'em dead and charm them dear!

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #205 on: June 24, 2006, 11:14:01 PM »

Continued vibes to DR Elmore and family!!

Vibes to TCB!!  TCB, once recovered, I expect full return to you witty and charismatic self...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #206 on: June 24, 2006, 11:17:06 PM »

DR Rodzinski - I, too, spent a lot of time reading the Peanuts fan sites last night.  Charles M. Shulz was an Army buddy of my 6th grade homeroom teacher. Mr Rainey used to tell us stories about him all the time. And of course there are the great peanuts statues around St. Paul. I have some photos of them at home, I'll try to remember to post one or two when I get back

Cilla, i have seen some of the Statues in ST. Paul when I hav been there. I have also sen the Mary Tyler Moore statue in Minneapolis.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #207 on: June 24, 2006, 11:21:33 PM »

I would someday love to go to Ireland,southwestern Germany (Rheinland-Pfalz and Bavaria), Australia and Italy. If I had a choice to live in a foriegn country it would be Ireland and the Canadian Pacific northwest, namely Victoria.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2006, 11:23:57 PM »

Woirking on the trivia questions.....

Lovely pictures DR Laura!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #209 on: June 24, 2006, 11:31:28 PM »

Warning:  Usher's Rant!

I got to the theater for the dance recital at 5:30 and didn't leave until about 10:00 (the show probably finished at about 9:40 or so).  But in all the years that I've ushered, I don't recall seeing more trash left in and around the seats...ever!  Even the Warren Miller movie crowd was neater!  And I was just on the orchestra level.  Two people snuck in beer cups!  The center was selling beer and wine and cookies and candies, but bottled water is the ONLY thing that's allowed in the theater.   There were almost a dozen bottles of water just left on the floor, a whole bunch of programs, a crumbled cookie (again, NOT allowed) and a couple of flowers that were probably purchased to be given to children in the show.  And during the show, the kids (and several of the adults) were running all around and barging in and out of the theater in the middle of the numbers!  Don't these people know anything about theater etiquette??  Evidently not.

:P is what I say.

End of rant. :)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 11:32:52 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up