Re:1776
« Reply #150 on: July 04, 2006, 09:04:23 PM »

(How long before we get to Page 6???)
PennyO

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #151 on: July 04, 2006, 09:04:28 PM »

I wasn't aware that Johnny Depp was in A Midsummer's Night Dream.  What part does he play, Dakota?

I got my men mixed up, sorry!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #152 on: July 04, 2006, 09:04:44 PM »

Page 6 dance...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #153 on: July 04, 2006, 09:04:45 PM »

Ah. Here we are! Dancing off to bed now!
PennyO

Cillaliz

« Reply #154 on: July 04, 2006, 09:05:49 PM »

STill debating if I want to get Midsummer's night's dream with Michelle Pfieffer and Johnny Dep... Not a huge fan of his so I am wary of getting it. NOt sure if I want to see my favorite Shakespearean play slaughtered.

Dakota, I don't see Johnny Depp listed on IMDB for Midsummer Night's Dream, It's got Stanley Tucci (who was great in DEVIL WEARS PRADA) Kevin Kline, Rupert Everett...well here's a link http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0140379/fullcredits

I like Johnny Depp, but if you don't, looks like you don't have to worry about it

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #155 on: July 04, 2006, 09:06:27 PM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!  Good Evening!

Happy Fourth of July!
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: July 04, 2006, 09:06:52 PM »

Did anyone else see fireworks tonight?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: July 04, 2006, 09:07:12 PM »

Boy, oh, BOY! did I love DOUBLE INDEMNITY!! I haven't seen that flick in some long time - I would love to see it again!!! Fred MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck!!! I haven't even thought of that movie for ages. Now I'm gonna have to rent it.

I prefer the musical.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #158 on: July 04, 2006, 09:07:15 PM »

Boy, oh, BOY! did I love DOUBLE INDEMNITY!! I haven't seen that flick in some long time - I would love to see it again!!! Fred MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck!!! I haven't even thought of that movie for ages. Now I'm gonna have to rent it.

DR PennyO, I feel in love with that movie. IT has so many different textures and subplots. Fascinating to say the least!

I have it on vHS but my tape is wearing out and it has a large white line now running through it....

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: July 04, 2006, 09:09:02 PM »

And, yes, I've been errant and truant again today, but I have some good excuses:

1) I left Richmond this morning at 9:00.

2) I spent the afternoon with my newest niece, Emily.

3) When the severe line of thunderstorms moved through  around 6:00pm, it knocked out the power here and elsewhere.  The power just came back on about 15 minutes ago.  -It was kind of interesting spending the Fourth of July by candlelight.  However, there was plenty of "light" provided by all the fireworks and firecrackers going off in the neighborhood(!!!!).
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: July 04, 2006, 09:10:26 PM »

And, once again, I'm off to catch up...

*There is still a pretty good chance of some storms moving through during the overnight hours, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: July 04, 2006, 09:10:26 PM »

Dakota - as far as your question about Amazon - I order from there all the time.  Just make sure you have over a $25 order and you won't have to pay shipping.  You can also sign up to get the Amazon Prime, but I seem to get everything in a matter of a few days, so I'm saving the $70 and just saving up and ordering the regular way

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2006, 09:11:02 PM »

Dakota, I don't see Johnny Depp listed on IMDB for Midsummer Night's Dream, It's got Stanley Tucci (who was great in DEVIL WEARS PRADA) Kevin Kline, Rupert Everett...well here's a link http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0140379/fullcredits

I like Johnny Depp, but if you don't, looks like you don't have to worry about it

He is hit andmiss with me... I have liked him in some things and others I have not...

I am the same way with Julia Roberts, there are many movies she does well but there are some I have seen her in that I have literally cringed namely Mary REilly and Micheal Collins.

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2006, 09:11:14 PM »

Jose, you said you had news, can you share yet?

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2006, 09:13:40 PM »

Five more posts to get to 3700 so I may as well forge ahead

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: July 04, 2006, 09:14:15 PM »

Tomorrow is a work day.....I have lots to do so I better leave after reaching this milestone and get some sleep

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #166 on: July 04, 2006, 09:14:18 PM »

Take care in between storms Jose.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: July 04, 2006, 09:15:09 PM »

Whew, a frenzy, finally.

Cillaliz

« Reply #168 on: July 04, 2006, 09:15:13 PM »

I see fireworks, I see the pagent and pomp and parade. I hear the bells ringing out, I see Americans, all Americans free forever more

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: July 04, 2006, 09:15:42 PM »

I always liked that line

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: July 04, 2006, 09:16:07 PM »

And with this one I shall say goodnight

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: July 04, 2006, 09:16:17 PM »

Fireworks going off like crazy, but for some reason they're just a little more north than last year, which means instead of being in the clear sky between huge clumps of trees, from my vantage point they're hidden behind the northerly clump.

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: July 04, 2006, 09:17:03 PM »

I guess I shall TRY to get some sleep....I HEAR fireworks.....it could be a long night

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #173 on: July 04, 2006, 09:21:42 PM »

I may not make it until the fireworks tonight, even though all I have to do is open the curtains in the living room and there they are.  However, I think I may go to bed (alone) instead.

I go back to work on Thursday.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #174 on: July 04, 2006, 09:23:37 PM »

so do i

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #175 on: July 04, 2006, 10:19:13 PM »

Odd day, this  4th of July.

I watched "Star Wars," "Dark Victory" and "Old Acquaintance."

I stood on my balcony a bit after 9 p.m. and watched about 10 minutes of fireworks.

Local PBS station is airing a major docudrama on JRand's FAVORITE musical movie star...Gene Kelly.

And I'm certain Rodzinski and TPunk are enjoying this break from "summer" weather while they're here in the Bay Area.

It has been very cool the past week....and sleeping must be done under some sort of covers if the windows are open.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #176 on: July 04, 2006, 11:30:49 PM »

Today, after the barbecue at my sister's house, we watched "Independence Day."  We were supposed to watch "1776" but my niece pouted and got her way (she's getting too old to do that).  Anyway, my sister's cat Casper got out and so far, hasn't been found.  He's an indoor/outdoor cat but must have gotten scared from all the noise...and there's a lot. :P I'm sure he'll be find.  He's hidden under her house before.  Any my cat Ebonie doesn't seem to be too bothered by the noise, but she's inside.  That might make the difference.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #177 on: July 04, 2006, 11:37:29 PM »

Oh, definate ditto here!  Will I convince der B to get us out of the house to hunt?  (He keeps calling Doctor Who "that stupid thing," the cretin!)

Circuit City didn't have the new "Doctor Who" in stock and if I wanted to order it, I could...for $99.99!  No discount!  Not even on-line. :P is what I say.  Amazon.com has it for $64.99 (free shipping, but in Washington State, I have to pay tax).  And deepdiscountdvd.com has it for $69.86 but no tax or shipping.  I'll check at Costco tomorrow.  I couldn't find it on-line, but there were a couple of DVDs that I bought at the Costco store that wasn't listed on-line, either.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 11:39:19 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #178 on: July 04, 2006, 11:44:16 PM »

You sure did! The copy you made for me is one of my most prized possessions! As I've said before, I MUCH prefer it to the original Broadway cast recording.

And you get Howard Da Silva! ;D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up