Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: GLORIOUS SMELL-O-VISION  (Read 59731 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:GLORIOUS SMELL-O-VISION
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2006, 07:39:31 AM »

But, DR MBarnum, how do you feel about Kayser?  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2006, 07:42:33 AM »

Page Two robins Dance!!!

(BTW, these robins from MARY POPPINS were among the very first anamatronic devices ever built by DIsney and led to much bigger and better uses of the technology at their theme parks.)

MBarnum

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2006, 07:42:35 AM »

Kaysar, my little Iraqi hearthrob!

He has made some  dumb movies on Big Brother this season...I hope it doesn't come back to bite him!

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2006, 07:44:32 AM »

I forgot to mention last night that I also watched SOME LIKE IT HOT before settling in with network TV shows.

I wanted to check out the non-anamorphic Special Edition I had to see if it looked good enough to resist upgrading to the new enhanced edition.

To my eyes, it looked just fine, so I will not be buying this again.

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2006, 07:45:59 AM »

He has made some  dumb movies on Big Brother this season...I hope it doesn't come back to bite him!

Yep, he's a cutie, no doubt about it. I'm not watching the show, but I'm enjoying the recaps you and others are providing. Please keep them coming.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2006, 07:48:06 AM »

Friday Media Check:

CD - SHAKESPEARE ON BROADWAY

LP - the 1974 CANDIDE (OCR)

DVD - MOON OVER MIAMI
          THE GOOD EARTH

DVR - ON BORROWED TIME
          Tuesday's night's EUREKA

laserdisc - A WOMAN'S FACE

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2006, 07:48:42 AM »

We're baaaack from our cross-country trip.  It was deathly hot in Wisconsin (over 100 most of the time, with about 200% humidity, which may not be possible, but it was anyway).  And now of course Portland is going to top 100 for the next several days.  Oy.

Got home to see I received Deceit (still no sparkling trivia prize--what is it with me and the fershluggunah sparkling trivia prizes anyway?   ;)).  So's anyway, watched it and then put on the commentary track, at which point Betsy walked in and asked for a brief precis of the plot, which I gave her.

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE AND SPEAK ALIKE DEPARTMENT:

SPOILER--DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN DECEIT:

So we're listening to BK's commentary while I am filling Betsy in on the plot and I am explaining how the whole first act is, indeed, an act.  And Betsy asks why they have to act it out if "Jeffrey" (how'd BK come up with that name, I wonder, LOL) isn't even there.  At which point I say, "Because he has a little camera tucked inside his shirt," which is followed about a nanosecond later by BK on the commentary track saying "Because he has a little camera tucked inside his shirt."   We laughed and laughed and just when---well, you get the point.
 ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2006, 07:51:34 AM »

I finally got my shipping notice from Amazon yesterday for the latest box of film noirs from Warners. I should get that tomorrow and looking forward to several films in that box set.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2006, 07:53:55 AM »

Alas, Smell-o-vision never made it to my neck (nose?) of the woods. Did I read a year or so ago that SCENT OF A MYSTERY (without the amomas) was beling released on DVD?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 07:54:16 AM by Matt H. »

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2006, 07:57:11 AM »

It is supposed to be 115F today.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2006, 08:05:08 AM »

Got to go get cleaned up to run my usual Friday errands.

WBBL.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2006, 08:22:49 AM »

TOD:

CD:  I have actually been playing several versions of Nilsson's "Wailing of the Willow," specifically Percy Faith's and Astrud Gilberto's.  It's my new/old favorite song.

DVD:  The aforementioned Deceit.

Book:  (Do we do books?).  I finished a book on the trip called The Third Translation by Matt Bondurant.  Has anyone else read it?  I picked it up because it looked interesting--lots of Egyptology, cryptology, etc., thought it might be a more cerebral Da Vinci Code, but either I missed something or it's a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing, because I found it a well-written bore.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2006, 08:23:44 AM »

LADY IN THE WATER reviews have been attrocious.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2006, 09:09:27 AM »

TOD - I have been alternating video's of GYPSY in the ol' VCR, back and forth between the Bette Midler and Roz Russel versions - and settling on the Bette for the choreography of "Ya Gotta Get a Gimmick". ALL the choreographies in both vid's are the original Jerome Robbins dances... Well, why is PennyO so interested in that, you may ask...

Okay, here's the scoop. It has been YEARS - possible DECADES - since Miss PennyO was any good at all on a dance audition. If - I do say "if" - she were to audition tomorrow for - oh, I dunno - Mazeppa, the pugnacious old stripper in GYPSY, it might be a good idea if she already had the choreography down, and could really SELL it.

So I have quite a busy day ahead of me. Learn the steps, then head over to Topanga Mall for a birthday partay lunch for my nephew's new bride; thence to get my tight black pants from the loft, and maybe sing through Gimmick with Chuckie; then find a curly black stretch wig to go over these 57-year-old silver locks; then do a little more hoofin'; then head over to pick up my pal Felice and drive to LACC for the Heather show.

Oh, what a day I shall have - in a gas-eater without air conditioning on freeway after freeway... but, with visions of Jewish Thighs dancing in my head!!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2006, 09:14:57 AM »

Ah, and in the CD player - a demo disc I just got from my BMI friend David Spencer - 2 new songs for an audition for a new show that is still looking for a composer/lyricist... could be a very big deal. I must say, he does a bang up demo! Really has the presentation DOWN - inserts, photos of all artists on the disc, professional-looking printing on the disc itself; the songs are sung professionally by decent actors; the tracks are well-orchestrated to give the songs the best possible chance. Everything smooth and professional. And the songs Solve the Problem, dramatically. Wow - I wish him luck!
PennyO

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2006, 09:17:16 AM »

Jink spelled backwards is knij.  Just remember that.

JMK's sparkling prize will be going out today.  As will SGurey's.  

There are several people who would like Scent of Mystery to come out on DVD.  For the time being, all that can be found, however, is the severely cut (by thirty something minutes) and horribly narrated Holiday In Spain version.  That's not worth releasing, unfortunately.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2006, 09:18:31 AM »

Okay - time to hit the showers! and get on with it! Yesterday i went shopping (had to -all my audition stuff is up in the cabin...) and bought bargains! $20 for high heeled struttin' shoes, and only $20 for a GREAT little bustier - reduced FOUR TIMES!- from Victoria's Secret. The only thing I found in MY SIZE, and perfect in every way, and reduced from $155 to $79.99 to $39.99 to $19.99!!!!! Huzzah! Okay - anyone know where to get cheap stretch wigs??? Probably Hollywood Blvd, huh?
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2006, 09:19:25 AM »

Bruce - got the script print-out! I'll bring it tonight! PS - the guy who will read Man 1 LOVES the Food Song!!!!
PennyO

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2006, 09:26:39 AM »

Been workin' the phone this morning, lining up potential community partners for a grant-funded project that my bosses are trying to get off the ground.

Welcome back to DR JMK!

Mazeppa-audition vibes to DR PennyO - boy, would I love to see that!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2006, 09:34:47 AM »

Ginny! What's the project? And is there a part in it for me???
PennyO

Ginny

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2006, 09:41:44 AM »

Ginny! What's the project? And is there a part in it for me???

LOL, DR PennyO - not unless you've developed a burning interest in urban library health and wellness programming for teens and their families ;)  Not exactly my area of expertise, either, but I do have the chutzpa (sp?) to call up my nonprofit contacts and ask them to be involved.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2006, 09:43:16 AM »

Yeah - Old Troupers never die - they just keep asking if there is a part in it for me.... so pathetic!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2006, 09:43:47 AM »

Bye, all. See yuz tomorrow!
PennyO

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2006, 09:52:56 AM »

TOD:  ...Book:  (Do we do books?)...

Ooo, let's:  Yesterday, I finished reading (with my ears) The Whole World Over.  Now, I want to go to Greenwich Village to shop at Fenno's book shop and eat Greenie's coconut cake at Walter's new restaurant.  What, they're fictional?  Oh, darn!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2006, 10:03:29 AM »

BB7 SPOILER

Now that JAMES IS HOH, I wonder if his true self will emerge?  Will he prove to be a BB6 ally or will he strike out on on his own and ally himself with someone else?

The only problem with the Diane-Nakomis nominations, IMO, is that Diane wasn't evicted.  She is definitely allied with Jase and is a devious, conniving vixen.

My fear: James will ally with Jase and Diane, Will and Boogie.  Putting two BB6ers on the chopping block would seriously damage any BB6er's chance (except James) of making it to the final 6.  I'm certain Danielle and George would buy some of that, too.

My hope: James will strike a blow by putting up Will or Boogie and Jase or Danielle.  They all sit in the hot tub each night dissing BB6 and plotting to get rid of them when "they" get the power (yet they don't openly reveal any planning), and they represent the biggest danger to BB6 players plus their allies Ericka and Marcellas.  George is leaning toward Chilltown, but is inconsequential at the moment.  The "hot tub malcontents" need to be thinned out, IMO!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2006, 10:05:58 AM »

5th day in a row on my new "hour a day or more" work out plan.  On my walk, I listened to Don't Hug Me again, which I'm finding quite silly in a good way.  I went to listen to [i[Bingo-The Musical[/i] and realized that I hadn't up-loaded it to the iPod, so I settled on Miss Saigon (what a surprise - it's all about Miss Saigon you know.   It wasn't as warm this morning as the last couple of mornings, although, it's suppose to get really warm this weekend.

The tart went over very well last night at the show.  I'll post a picture of it later.

Cillaliz

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2006, 10:07:19 AM »

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]I love Kaysar!!![/move]

LOL, MBarnum, this totally cracked me up.... Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 10:07:43 AM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2006, 10:09:40 AM »

MBarnum, I don't agree with his moves, but he didn't want a replay of Season 6 where he targeted Eric and was out the next week, then back in and out again.  In that sense it wasn't so dumb - he'll be around a little longer this way.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2006, 10:11:13 AM »

I shall now endeavor to jog after which I shall endeavor not to pass out.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2006, 10:13:53 AM »

VCR - Food Network's Behind the Bash:  Dream Ball, thanks to DR George - thank you, thank you, thank you!

You're welcome!  I'm glad it got to you safely! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up