Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I, BKIUS  (Read 54366 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
I, BKIUS
« on: July 24, 2006, 12:45:12 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were very Roman, and now it is time for you to post until the I, Cowsius come home.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 12:24:51 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:I, BKIUS
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 12:47:46 AM »

And the word of the day is: BURGOO!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 12:51:24 AM »

~~~Vibes and xylophones for BK's friend David!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 12:52:01 AM »

Here's a little photograph from Susan Egan's cabaret show - see if you can identify everyone.

George

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 12:54:20 AM »

So, did Mr. Magoo ever eat Burgoo?? (I know that those don't really rhyme, but it's the best I can do.)

I had to look up what burgoo is...it doesn't sound appetizing. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 12:55:59 AM »

And here's a lovely photograph from Heather MacRae's Friday night show.  See if you can figure out who's who.

George

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 12:56:41 AM »

Here's a little photograph from Susan Egan's cabaret show - see if you can identify everyone.

I don't know who the two women in the middle are.  I probably am supposed to, but I don't. ::)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 12:57:45 AM by George »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 12:56:54 AM »

I think in the Heather photograph you can see the new svelte body despite the loose shirt.  
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 12:58:37 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 12:57:45 AM »

In the Susan photo the two women are - Adryan Russ and Rosalyn Kind.

George

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 12:59:40 AM »

In the Susan photo the two women are - Adryan Russ and Rosalyn Kind.

Ahh.  The few pictures that I've seen of each of them are from different angles and were taken quite a few years ago.

George

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 01:01:16 AM »

I think in the Heather photograph you can see the new svelte body despite the loose shirt.  

That means that the shirt is loose because of the svelte body.

George

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 01:15:42 AM »

So who are the people with you and Heather MacRae?

George

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 01:16:56 AM »

Or do you want to give other people a chance to guess?

George

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 01:17:51 AM »

Either way, I must get up very early in the morning (at least, that is the attempt ::)), so I must say good night.  You can't accuse me of Wussburgering, this time! ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 03:24:45 AM »

The BURGOO that der B and I make from OUR BOG out back includes flying squirrel meat.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 03:32:52 AM »

I feel lousy today.  The cold that was developing yesterday has not abated.  Bleh.

But I don't feel lousy enough to not go in to work.

That's REALLY lousy.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ben

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 04:32:56 AM »

Anthony thanks you for the vibes for Elinor. He has spoken to her and she's on the mend but he still wants to go out and make sure she and George are doing alright.

Ginny

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006, 06:31:15 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  

It must be summer, because I'm in the midst of making the blueberry pie that I only make when fresh berries are available at a reasonable price.  It's so easy:  graham cracker crust, fresh blueberries drizzled with red currant jelly (heated until liquid & clear); chill and top with sour cream.  The most difficult part is finding jars of red currant jelly.  

Yum, it'll be the perfect dessert after the meat loaf dinner I have planned for my family.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 06:33:08 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 07:33:03 AM »

Good morning, all!  I slept 11 hours last night, and dragging myself out of bed was an effort.  For the past hour I've been blocked from the site:  "too many connections."

Now I want to watch I, CLAUDIUS again!

I have nothing else to report at the moment.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2006, 07:38:48 AM »

Good morning!

Somewhat overcast here, a bit cooler than usual for this time of morning, but still humid outside and not likely to get better. Still, not supposed to get out of the low 80s today, so that's something at least.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 07:40:24 AM »

I could be wrong, but I believe Sian Phillips' character in I, CLAUDIUS is named Livia, not Lavinia. The Nancy Marchand character in THE SOPRANOS was named Livia in honor of this monster mother from I, CLAUDIUS, I think.

Matt H.

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 07:41:15 AM »

I read in the newspaper this morning the obituary of actor Mako. Sorry to read of his passing.

Matt H.

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 07:43:50 AM »

I'm expecting my Film Noir #3 box of DVDs today, so I will more than likely watch one of those today. I want to finish the TWILIGHT ZONE episodes I started on the disc last night as well. There are four on the disc, but "The Lonely" (with the recently late and lamented Jack Warden coincidentally) is all too familiar so I'll just watch the others.

Matt H.

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 07:45:40 AM »

I've also got last night's episodes of DEADWOOD, ENTOURAGE, and RENO 911! to watch at some point today.

Wow! That's a lot to squeeze in particularly since I'm having my usual Monday lunch with best friend John today.

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2006, 08:19:46 AM »

Going to get cleaned up now for my lunch outing.

WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 08:29:22 AM »

We finally got a little relief from the heat last night.  It was actually "cool" outside with a low in the mid-60s.  Only trouble is, there were several "hot pockets" in my house that no amount of fan blowing seemed able to eradicate.

I'm not a hot weather person.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2006, 08:40:47 AM »

I broke my personal heat stress (despite A/C in my living room) by taking in "Superman Returns" yesterday afternoon (I used my Hollywood Movie Money ticket that came with Season 3 of "Lois and Clark"!).

On the whole, I enjoyed the movie quite a bit.

One major quibble, however, is that the writers seemed not capable of providing any dialogue of merit for Clark/Superman and Lois Lane.

In two scenes, Lois asked the same questions of him.  In retrospect, the reasons for the questions were that he had left without saying goodbye five years ealier.  So...now she feels she must ask every time he flies away if she'll be seeing him again.   It just didn't have any resonance for me....the relationship between them, that is.

SPOILER

SPOILER

Of course it does bear mentioning that Lois had Superman's child in his absence...and that child has some super abilities even at age 5.  Eva Marie Saint was featured, all too briefly, as Martha Kent.  Sad scene with her, though, when Superman was in ICU recovering from a major exposure to Kryptonite, she had to stand outside on the street with well-wishers because she couldn't blow his identity as Clark Kent (not that anyone would have ever believed her).

Noel Neill had a death-bed scene (left all her money to Lex Luthor, she did) and Jack Larsen had a bit as a bartender.  

I found myself wishing, a few times, that they'd come up with something other than a Lex Luther, super-villain, adversary.  But Kevin Spacey, when the writing was great, was totally ON as Lex and that was fun.

There are some exhilarating scenes...Superman flying...for the sheer thrill of the act itself....could have gone on twice as long as they did for my money (Hollywood Movie Money though it may have been).  The overhead shots of Metropolis and the sheer speed they gave to Superman (truly faster than a speeding bullet at last) were wonderful.

I have to say that the opening action sequence is one of the most exhilarating I've ever seen....and I put my hopes higher than I'd imagined they could be.  But...the rest of the film didn't quite live up to that exhilaration and didn't have an emotional connection for me.  Strike that.  There was one brief moment where it was truly emotinal:  The end credit that read "In loving Memory of Christopher & Dana Reeve."   That tore me up.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 08:43:08 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2006, 08:45:20 AM »

Makoto Iwamatsu: Rest in Peace.

:-\

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2006, 08:46:13 AM »

Incription on the wall of a Roman ruin:

Flkivs yvr Bkivs!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2006, 08:50:29 AM »

I feel lousy today.  The cold that was developing yesterday has not abated.  Bleh.

But I don't feel lousy enough to not go in to work.

That's REALLY lousy.

I'm feeling similarly.  Last night I was feeling like my cold had gone away, but there are remnants of it today.  This morning on the train into work, I felt completely out of it but coffee helped.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 08:52:29 AM by TPunk »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up