Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: AUGUST AUGUST  (Read 18043 times)

Cillaliz

Re:AUGUST AUGUST
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2006, 09:01:47 PM »

I am very tired and have a long day tomorrow...so good night...

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2006, 09:02:44 PM »

Oh cool, page 6....think I'll do a ballroom dance with an imaginary partner....we can sweep down and up the stairs, down the hall and ....

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2006, 10:01:36 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from dinner...  I finally gave the Lobster Roll at Joe Allen a try.  Quite good, although I wish the "roll" was something more than just toast(ed bread).  However, lots of good chunks of lobster and just enough mayonnaise and celery for texture.  It was worth the splurge.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2006, 10:02:20 PM »

~~~~~HEALTH VIBES TO DAVID WECHTER~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2006, 10:06:15 PM »

MattH, what was it about BOMBAY DREAMS that your friend did not like?

Well, having not seen the current touring version of the show...  It was just not that good a show to begin with.  And, unfortunately, a watered-down tour - even though it still has the fountain - is really not going to make it any better.

*I also know that when the show came to Broadway, the music arrangements got watered down, simplified.  I'm not sure if that was done to make it more "American" or less-Bollywood-more-Broadway, but a lot of the color in the score was lost when it crossed the Atlantic.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2006, 10:08:27 PM »

Since our esteemed BK daily gives us words, I have one he may find interesting:

CRAPAUDINE

It refers to a method of preparing a bird (chicken or duck, for example) for roasting.  The backbone is removed with either scissors or knife, and then opened up and turned over.  The breast is flattened by pressing hard on the breast bone.  The result is a flattened bird, which is easier to roast than it would have been when left whole.

The English term is Spatchcock, but the French is, as nearly always, deliciously evocative, n'est pas?

As I was reading this, I was saying to myself, "Hmmm... That sounds like spatchcocking to me."  And, lo and behold, a few sentences later...

:)

*My only question I have is - No anagram for CRAPAUDINE?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2006, 10:10:35 PM »

DR elmore - Good to know you made it safe and sound to Ohio, and that you got to spend some time with your father already.  Continued viBES to your father and you.

*Oh - I passed on your greetings to James tonight... He says HI right back at ya'.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2006, 10:17:03 PM »

I had a bowlful of Breyers' Vanilla Fudge Twirl.  Very good!

Breyers is a strange local brand--some of its varieties are so natural, they are made of little more than cream and sugar.  But others can be on the supermarket brand level with guar gum, cellulose gel and red dye #3 in the ingredients.

Is Breyer's really a "local brand"?  Is it known by another name west of the Rockies?  ;)

In any case... I've also found it strange that for a brand that touts itself as "all natural", that it has a whole line of flavors that are definitely not all natural.

-And Breyer's Vanilla and Butter Almond are among my favorites.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2006, 10:17:25 PM »

Did I mention that I had a jury summons in my mailbox when I came home tonight? And it is on a Tuesday, and on that Friday I MUST go out of town.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2006, 10:19:09 PM »

And thus endeth my mini-frenzy - a frenzette.  I have a coaching in the morning, then a lunch meeting, then I have to pack for my trip down to DC tomorrow night.  -Oh, and it's supposed to be hot again tomorrow.... :-\  So...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2006, 10:20:04 PM »

CP-I knew you would have a great list of names.  I like a number of the names in Dragonheart, especially Bowen & Draco.  

I just found Draco on a list of dog names http://www.cyberpet.com/dogs/dog_names/index.html

I liked Draco also Jane!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2006, 10:44:13 PM »

TOTD

Albert Campion
Kim
Atticus Finch
Benjamin Kritzer
Jack Ryab
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2006, 10:45:55 PM »

Cilla,

I have an idea about your children.....

Have you tried to placy a toy or something with each others scent near them?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2006, 10:47:32 PM »

Spent part of the day clening out a storage closet at my parents. There were some interesting thing sfound... Some things are going to charity, the thrift shop and the Senior center.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2006, 11:13:39 PM »

This is a lame way to start off August, but the postings have been lovely so who gives a flying Wallenda.  My tummy is a little sketchy right now - hoping it calms down.  Have to jog early tomorrow and then a ten o'clock rehearsal with Miss Linda Purl.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up