Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CLIPPED HEDGES  (Read 21343 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:CLIPPED HEDGES
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2006, 08:35:17 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]WELCOME TO PAGE TWO!![/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2006, 08:48:13 AM »

Betsy and I watched several episodes of The Closer yesterday for the first time.  Personally, I think J.K. Simmons is the best thing about the show.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ben

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2006, 08:48:38 AM »

Good morning George!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2006, 08:57:12 AM »

Good morning!

The last stacking of the wood yesterday - the dessert, if you will: all the cedar, into its own long wood rick on the side of the shed, and covered. This is the stuff that, when you want to start the fire quickly, you bring a small piece down to the house and place it on your kindling. Whoosh - it lights! Then you put other types of wood on top.

I'm going to hate leaving here - I always do (unless it has been cold and rainy - then I can't wait to get outa here). But I am looking forward to coming adventures. The unloading of my packed-to-the-rafters car once I get to my nephew's motorhome in the Santa Cruz RV park will be quite the adventure! Then, move into the Playa Vista loft. Then on Sept. 20, we have the first reading of the revised Thighs with Kimmel songs. Then Cal State LA meeting, to see if I can find the shortest route to a BA in Music-Vocal Performance. And then, first weekend in Oct, I start the Masters Degree program at U of SM. And another year whizzes by...
PennyO

Cillaliz

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2006, 09:02:52 AM »

TOD - I was pretty obsessed with the OJ trial.  I had already met a couple of the attorneys in the case, so it was interesting.  I almost always cheer for the defense...and this was no exception.   Don't think I want to get started on that debate, I'll just say I think this case was Marcia Clark's to lose and she did.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2006, 09:03:59 AM »

True Crime - the long siege and fire-bombing and murder of so many adults and children at the Branch Davidian compound, and subsequent "investigation". Then more investigations of cover-ups and evidence tampering and evidence dissapearances. Then the horrifying films of the actual event from other angles. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
PennyO

Cillaliz

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2006, 09:04:57 AM »

Better get back to work. A "bat man" is meeting me at my house this afternoon to see if I have a real bat problem or if it was a fluke.  My problem is he kills the bats with sticky paper.  I don't like that idea.   I called another company that does bat proofing, but the woman who answered was extremely rude....excuse me for wanting to do business with you!!

So, I'll see if it's a problem and if it is I'll figure out what to do next.

Cillaliz

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2006, 09:06:05 AM »

True Crime - I follow a lot of them but am not fixated on very many.  A lot of time it's just professional curiousity or to see what my friends (the lawyers) are doing

Cillaliz

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2006, 09:07:03 AM »

True Crime - the long siege and fire-bombing and murder of so many adults and children at the Branch Davidian compound, and subsequent "investigation". Then more investigations of cover-ups and evidence tampering and evidence dissapearances. Then the horrifying films of the actual event from other angles. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

I saw the photos of law enforcement posing with their guns and big smiles as the buildings went up in flames.  I don't know if these "trophy photos" were released to the public, but they were used at the trial

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2006, 09:07:14 AM »

Oh! I just remembered... I watched the entertaining Kennedy cousin rape trial in Florida. Just couldn't get enough!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2006, 09:13:57 AM »

Cil - I'm with you that the OJ case was not won by the defense, but very much LOST by the inept and clumsy Marcia Clark. Yeah, I believe he did it. Thanks to Ms. Clark, he's still out there playing golf and enjoying the "favors" of a number of a wierd type of groupie...
PennyO

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2006, 09:15:07 AM »

I've never really followed any infamous crime stories, not even the Susan Smith murder case that happened in this area. Definitely did not get involved with the O.J. Simpson or Robert Blake trials. I guess I'm just much more interested in fictional crime than the real stuff.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 09:15:42 AM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2006, 09:16:58 AM »

And, to change the subject - GOSH, whatta lovely day it is. Something about the scent of autumn and the leaves beginning to turn... painfully beautiful. And the animals and birds seem to be eating a lot more, as they prepare for winter. I am going through cat food and peanuts like ya wouldn't believe!
PennyO

MBarnum

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2006, 09:25:58 AM »

I can't think of any true crimes that I followed, although as a small tike just hearing about the Manson murders on the evening news scared the living daylights out of me.

MBarnum

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2006, 09:26:51 AM »

DR MattH, I am also recording a couple of the Mario Lanza films that are playing...I have never seen any of his movies before but I am hoping they will be fun.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2006, 09:29:10 AM »

Do the Watergate hearings and Nixon Impeachment proceedings count as "criminal trial" elements?

And the Menendez trials....woof!  What a circus those were.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 09:39:13 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2006, 09:30:41 AM »

If it's Tuesday, then must this be Belgium?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2006, 09:31:14 AM »

Oh! I just remembered... I watched the entertaining Kennedy cousin rape trial in Florida. Just couldn't get enough!

Did you know Roy Black married the jury foreperson on that case?  

Cillaliz

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2006, 09:33:09 AM »

Well I'd appreciate any no bat vibes that can be sent.   I am soon going to find out if it was a random bat flyby or if I have a serious bat problem.  I'm hoping it was just a random thing and I can patch wherever it got in and be done with it.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2006, 09:37:27 AM »

I recently read about:

"QUITO, Ecuador (AP) -- Maria Esther de Capovilla, believed to be the world's oldest person, has died at 116, her granddaughter said.

Catherine Capovilla, 46, a property manager and real estate agent in Miami, said Capovilla died Sunday (Aug. 27, 2006) at 3 a.m. local time in a hospital in the coastal city of Guayaquil. She died two days after coming down with pneumonia. Her funeral was planned for Monday.

Born on September 14, 1889 -- the same year as Charlie Chaplin and Adolf Hitler -- Capovilla was married in 1917 and widowed in 1949."

This woman was MY CURRENT AGE WHEN I WAS BORN!

I just wanted to share that with you all.  It has given me pause all weekend.....

...Hey!  I'm MIDDLE-AGED!

« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 09:38:20 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2006, 09:41:30 AM »

I treated myself to a viewing of "Metropolis" yesterday afternoon.

What an extraordinary film.  

The video quality is amazing.  The silent film acting remains a hoot, no matter who is doing it, but there are some extremely memorable images captured throughout the film.  I had never seen it before.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2006, 09:49:23 AM »

METROPOLIS!!! I agree!!! haven't seen that film in a long time - I will certainly try to rent it in the near future.
PennyO

Jennifer

« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2006, 10:13:09 AM »

Well tonight's live Big Brother eviction show should be interesting.

Live feed spoilers below.

It's funny, but i love will. Janelle is my favorite, but i still love will. I don't know if i'm ready to see him go. Erika and boogie were making me want to hurl (with their showmance). And i was ready to see her go.  But now i'm not so sure.

I'm not sure if janelle could beat will in F2. I do think she could probably beat erika and boogie. Although it's hard to tell for sure who james and danielle would vote for.

But that said, i am sort of happy that the girls look like they may triumph over being played. I think if janelle boots will then it will make her look like a winner. But if he can convince her to save him this time, then he deserves to win.

Finally last night erika and janelle compared notes and realized they've been played. I think erika was sincere. But i'm still not 100% sure that she will make good on her promises. She swore on her mother that she would take janelle to the finals. And she also said that as soon as boogie bowed out of the endurance hoh comp, that erika would let janelle win.

It seemed real. But i'm just not sure. Because while erika knows that she was played a bit. She does not realize yet (i don't think) that boogie can't stand her.

What do you guys following the feeds think?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2006, 10:18:09 AM »

I think the only really good thing that could happen in BB7 is for Erika and Janelle to be the final Two.

After ALL that Will and Boogie have done...and all the posturing and preening in the Diary Room feeds...it would be SWEET to see them ousted one after the other in the next two evictions.

And I'd love to see the looks on the sequester house guest faces when each walks in.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2006, 10:25:01 AM »

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to jog this morning - whatever I pulled in my lower back was still smarting.  But, I decided to anyway, and I'm glad I did as it seems to have helped stretch out whatever was wrong.  We'll see how I feel later, but for now I'm glad I jogged.

Jennifer

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2006, 10:26:08 AM »

Re: big brother no spoilers.

(after rereading this it might give some indication who won pov, so if you really don't want to have any clues don't read this).

I sort of wanted janelle and will to be the final two, with janelle winning.
I do not under any circumstances want to see erika vs boogie. Unless somehow she realilzes that he showmanced her and can use it to beat him. But still i do not want her to win.

I would be okay with will and boogie in the F2 with will winning. But then it would show that the guys outwitted the girls. BUt i still can't help loving dr will.

I didn't think i would be happy with an erika/janelle final, mostly because erika has been making me want to puke. I wish there was some way for her to find out that boogie has been showmancing her and can't stand her. But since willboogie are the only two who know about this, i guess it won't happen.

I think if erika could genuinely be trusted, and if she worked with janelle to get rid of will and boogie then she would redeem herself to me (but i'd still want janelle to win).

I wonder who will and boogie would vote for in an erika/janelle final.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 10:28:26 AM by Jennifer »

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2006, 10:43:57 AM »

TOD: In 1978, Gary Tison and Randy Greenawalt broke out of prison with the help of Tison's three sons. They terrorized Arizona for several weeks until finally caught at a roadblock near the Mexican border. One son was killed at the roadblock, Gary Tison escaped into the desert (later found dead of exposure). Greenawalt and the other two sons went to prison for the rest of their lives.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2006, 11:03:24 AM »

Lovely photos of all kinds yesterday....kitties, doggies, and theaters!

Obits of a trio of accomplished men....

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2006, 11:03:53 AM »

Family Photo Night tonight....heaven help us.   Just want this thing to be OPEN and CLOSED!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2006, 11:04:01 AM »

TOD - I was pretty obsessed with the OJ trial.  ..I'll just say I think this case was Marcia Clark's to lose and she did.

I was recently retired when the Brentwood murders happened, and, thanx to CNN, became a avid "junkie".

The case started a nose dive here:

and went belly-up here:

Marcia notwithstanding, the parade of evidence indicating the gross incompetence, and total disregard for evidentiary procedures, of the LAPD sure made the defense job easier.

When you have jury members whose "culture" is to presume that the "Authorities" will lie and cheat to get a conviction, Fuhrman's "obvious to the casual observer" blatant lying under oath sowed all the seeds of reasonable doubt necessary.

Do I think O.J. did it it - Yes! If I were on the Jury, would I have voted to convict - probably not! If I were the only not-guilty hold-out after days of deliberation would I have caved, probably.

It still boggles my mind that the LAPD, who know within hours that they had a high profile multiple celebrity murder case on their hands, failed to assign a team of "bean counters" to endure that each and every rule, regulation and procedure was followed, and who checked and double-checked everything. Detectives taking blood evidence home for the night - PLEASE!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up