Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GETTING READY  (Read 24917 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
GETTING READY
« on: September 21, 2006, 12:36:31 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you are now with it and happening and ready to order a book, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're placing their book orders right now.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 12:39:25 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:GETTING READY
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 12:39:42 AM »

And the word of the day is:  HERMAPHRODITE!

Michael

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 02:42:17 AM »

TOD:

The crucifixation.

It would be interesting to see what the effect would be from that.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 02:48:51 AM »

[size=24]Laura, have a great day![/size]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 02:56:37 AM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 03:06:06 AM »

1 MORE DAY (not a Les Miz reference)

Tomorrow I will be in NYC. Actually I will be in Queens. Actually, JFK airport for a couple of hours. I will be switching planes. That is the closest I will get to Manhattan at this time.

So everone going there or is already there have a great time at the get together. I will miss you all.

But I will flying to Europe for the start of a long awaited vacation. 4 cities in two weeks and maybe a couple of others as day side trips.

I will be visiting Budapest (I hope everything is quieted down), Prague (I keep on hearing how beautiful it is) Berlin and Amsterdam.

I will be taking lots of photos.
Never stop dreaming.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 03:45:04 AM »

Thank you, DR Michael S.

I look forward to seeing your vacation pics. Have a great time!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 03:45:27 AM »

DR Laura,

Elmo and the rest of the kitties send you big birthday hugs. Happy Birthday and happy celebrating!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 03:47:43 AM »

Oops...Elmo wants to telll you himself!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 03:56:32 AM »

Thank you, Edisaurus and Elmo!

Edisaurus

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 04:02:44 AM »

Edisaurus, I've passed your hello on to Grant.  I think I may have one copy of the two disc Nudie left.  Let me check before you place an order should you want to place an order.  They also show up on eBay from time to time, but you really have to make sure the seller knows in advance that it's two discs (one DVD, one CD).

BK, thanks so much for passing on...my hellos, that is!

And don't let me make off with your last copy; save it for someone special in your life! I like tracking things down via EBay and will also ask the Amazon re-sellers if theirs includes the CD. I just wanted to check here first to see if there were first editions left before buying used, since no artists profit on a second sale. Like it's a huge profit anyway, but still...

Of course, if everyone special in your life and all the HHW veterans have a copy, I would gratefully order one from you!

Thanks!

Edisaurus

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 04:17:03 AM »

To quote MusicMan:

"the Brain is feeling solid, together, and working smoothly". 

Which is more than I can say for my own.

Off for coffee!

But before I go, I want to say as a newbie how fascinating it is to be witnessing the process that goes into the birth of a new show. Thanks to BK for keeping us all in the loop---it's really a wonderful thing and I'm sure it will be very emotionally gratifying to the whole community when they get to see the actual show in production!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 04:27:58 AM »

Good morning, all!  It's a thankfully quiet morning; I'm listening to BABES IN TOYLAND and sipping my coffee.[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ SAFE TRAVEL VIBES & A GREAT VACATION TO DR MICHAEL S! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISH FOR OUR NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC PHOTOGRAPHER DR LAURA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 04:29:18 AM »

Yes, DR Jose, Amazon.com will not deduct your payment till the order ships.  I hav nothing else to report.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 04:39:05 AM »

Happy Birthday, DR Dear Reader Laura!

Marty, Mikey, Bonnie, Buster and Fletcher send waggy tails!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 04:41:52 AM »

Thank you, DR Elmore!  Thank you, DR SWoody and the waggy tails!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 04:42:38 AM »

And the word of the day is:  HERMAPHRODITE!
What did PRIM HEATHER DO when she wanted to spite her two mommies?  She became a HERMAPHRODITE, of course!!!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ben

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 04:58:59 AM »

Birthday wishes to our own DR Laura who doesn't look a day over 105.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 05:01:49 AM »

Dear DR Edisaurus:

You should know that your credits at IMDB have caused a stir here in Rehoboth Beach, DE!

Specifically, your work on Season Five of Good Eats have created the stir, because I am a big fan of Alton's.  We have all of the GE DVDs in our collection.

The stir is not your fault, not at all.  Rather, that darling fellow poster (and partner for twenty years) Der Brucer hadn't realized that the eps on the DVDs are not being released in season order!  Rather, the three episodes per disc are arranged by topic.

As a result, two of the Season Five episodes have yet to make it to DVD.  But we have the rest!  (A complete list of episodes can be found at the Good Eats Fan Page.)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2006, 05:27:28 AM »

Happiest of Natal Anniversaries to DR LAURA.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2006, 05:28:12 AM »

Whew...changing history....hmmmm
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Edisaurus

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2006, 05:30:26 AM »

...your work on Season Five of Good Eats have created the stir, because I am a big fan of Alton's.  We have all of the GE DVDs in our collection.

Wow! That's really cool! Alton will be so pleased that he's creating a stir. He lives across the square from me here in Marietta. He lives in a REALLY nice historic home. I live in a historic 1923 crackerbox in the barrio.

I have been writing and editing a gardening show for HGTV for 15 seasons, and just was able to do the one season of Good Eats while our show was on hiatus.

Alton is very intense and brilliant. He used to be a director at a local post house until he decided to take cooking classes. That was one of the most creative shows I've ever worked on, but I always felt a little nervous working on it---I felt like Alton was so overworked he was waiting to explode and I didn't want to be the one to trigger it.

Since then, he's added Iron Chef America and his Eating on Asphalt show so I'm amazed he's still alive. He really does have a hand in every aspect of his show. His wife produces GE....we frequent the same restaurants (it's a small town) and they stroll down to the square with their daughter and low-rider dog looking so calm and relaxed. I really wonder how they do it!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2006, 05:44:18 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAURA! Have a lovely day.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2006, 06:12:37 AM »

The event in history I would change would be the assination of JFK and the parade of awful presidents that followed.  
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Jennifer

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2006, 06:47:23 AM »

Happy Birthday DR Laura.

Cillaliz

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2006, 06:58:05 AM »

Wow! That's really cool! Alton will be so pleased that he's creating a stir. He lives across the square from me here in Marietta. He lives in a REALLY nice historic home. I live in a historic 1923 crackerbox in the barrio.

I have been writing and editing a gardening show for HGTV for 15 seasons, and just was able to do the one season of Good Eats while our show was on hiatus.

Alton is very intense and brilliant. He used to be a director at a local post house until he decided to take cooking classes. That was one of the most creative shows I've ever worked on, but I always felt a little nervous working on it---I felt like Alton was so overworked he was waiting to explode and I didn't want to be the one to trigger it.

Since then, he's added Iron Chef America and his Eating on Asphalt show so I'm amazed he's still alive. He really does have a hand in every aspect of his show. His wife produces GE....we frequent the same restaurants (it's a small town) and they stroll down to the square with their daughter and low-rider dog looking so calm and relaxed. I really wonder how they do it!

I love Good Eats as well.  Hope Alton has recovered from his motorcycle accident.

Cillaliz

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2006, 06:58:58 AM »

HAPYY BIRTHDAY DR LAURA FROM CALLIE SUE, BOO BOO AND ME

Ben

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2006, 07:20:32 AM »

Sounds like a good day is planned in October. I can't join the jaunt in Central Park but I will see you all after Drowsy Chaperone. I'll be waiting in the lobby of the Marquis Theatre.

Go on the Carousel in the Park. It's easy to find and cheap and makes you feel like a kid. It goes fast too.

I'm sure Mr. Simbulan will be his excellent tour guide self but remember the statue of Alice in Wonderland with the Chesire Cat and the Dormouse and Mushrooms for days. Also, Literary Walk on the way to Bethesda Foundation and the (decrepit) bandshell is a nice walk. The bandshell appeared in the film version of Hair. The gang slept on the bandshell and Treat Williams woke up and peed off the corner.

Ben

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2006, 07:21:36 AM »

Callie Sue, Boo Boo and Me. Sounds like one of those 1970s country songs. One of them probably jumped off the bridge  ;)

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2006, 07:28:25 AM »

Happy B-day, Laura!

Those of you who are waiting for my next cinematic epic on the screen will just have to content yourself with my letter to the editor of the Lexington Herald Leader that appears today.  It can be found on the internet at the paper's website.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2006, 07:32:25 AM »

Good morning!

Another glorious day with totally blue skies and cool temperatures. I was a bit dismayed to see the temperatures forecast to creep back up in the coming days, but as for today, I'm going to enjoy every second of it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up