Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING  (Read 24010 times)

Cillaliz

Re:IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2006, 07:16:58 AM »

Good morning!  It's rainy and gloomy here today, but that's ok, I have work to do so it may as well be gloomy.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2006, 07:17:28 AM »

Have the very best vacation possible, DR Michael S.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2006, 07:18:30 AM »

Better get to work. I've already been to court for a quick inital appearance, but there is much to do before the day is over.  Tell DR Tomovoz and DP Colin hello from me.  

Safe Travels DR Michael S

Matt H.

« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2006, 07:20:27 AM »

Friday Media Check:

CD - SUMMER STOCK/IN THE GOOD OLD SUMMERSTIME (soundtracks)

DVD - THE MOON-SPINNERS
          THE DEAD ZONE
          SAN FRANCISCO
          ON DANGEROUS GROUND

DVR - BEYOND THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE
         THE SEVEN HILLS OF ROME
         TWO-FACED WOMAN

Cillaliz

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2006, 07:21:27 AM »

There's a new theatre company in town. (we actually have 3 here) They just did PROOF, but I wasn't able to make it. Their next production is a Broadway Revue. Auditions are on Monday and Tuesday. I'm thinking about it.  I haven't been in a show for about 6 or 7 years now. It might be fun.

Matt H.

« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2006, 07:21:34 AM »

I started the Eileen Heckart remembrance yesterday and am thoroughly enjoying it.

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2006, 07:22:51 AM »

My DVD list above may be amended by today's mail if I get the DVDs that supposedly shipped from Amazon on Monday afternoon: GREY'S ANATOMY Season 2, THE OFFICE Season 2, and the AGATHA CHRISTIE MYSTERY COLLECTION (the TV movies adapted from her books for CBS-TV).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 07:26:11 AM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2006, 07:24:59 AM »

So glad you got to finally see WICKED, DR George.

I saw both AVENUE Q and WICKED on the same summer trip and loved both of them. I'm glad I wasn't a Tony voter becasue to choose between the two of them would have been a horrible decision.

I will say that I adored WICKED and couldn't have been more entertained or satisfied, but when AVENUE Q ended, I had tears in my eyes because I didn't want it to end.

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2006, 07:54:17 AM »

DR MattH, did you (or any other DRs) happen to watch the new tv show, SIX DEGREES last night?

It was really good and had been interested throughout the show.

I'm curious how many people watched it. BUt with Grey's Anatomy as a lead-in I'll bet they did decently.

Anyhow the show basically introduces a character and then they meet someone else.  Then they introduce another character. And we see how all their lives intertwine.

It's by J.J Abrams (LOST) and i thought it sounded intriguing.  And it was. Plus they added a few mysteries.

Oh i meant to mention that i also watched Studio 60 (or whatever that new show is called with Matthew Perry). I actually liked it more than i thought i would (i did not really think it would be my cup of tea).  It wasn't my favorite. But i really liked amanda peet (and the blonde girl who was on Jack and Jill (WB show with her) - the one who plays matthew perry's ex).

Matt H.

« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2006, 08:01:31 AM »

No, I didn't watch SIX DEGREES. Reading about the characters in this first batch of stories didn't tweak my interest, so I DVRed CSI and watched it at 10 instead.

Matt H.

« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2006, 08:02:28 AM »

I have my usual Friday errands to run, so I'm off now to get ready to go out for a bit.

WBBL.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2006, 08:17:13 AM »

Thanks DRMATTH, I will check the Saturday schedule.

I have never seen THE DEAD ZONE
Neither have I it read.
Methinks though I would
Rather see
Than be
Dead.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2006, 08:19:00 AM »

TOD

CD:  Simply Sondheim
VCR: CAPTAIN GALLANT
DVD: DESIGN FOR LIVING followed by LAGAAN which arrived today!

MBarnum

« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2006, 08:31:26 AM »

BK, I am happy to hear you are enjoying your visit to THE INNER SANCTUM! I love that floating head saying "Even you, without knowing...can commit...MURDER!" LOL!

Those movies played a LOT on TV when I was a kid and I enjoyed them all...but WEIRD WOMAN is my favorite! And, since I also picked up my Inner Sanctum DVD set this week, I shall perhaps watch that one!

MBarnum

« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2006, 08:32:04 AM »

JRand, be sure to let me know what you think of LAGAAN! I hope you will enjoy it.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2006, 08:32:18 AM »

Good morning to all the DRs, H/Ks, and Esteemed and rowdy BK --

This is probably the worst example of a Wussburger post....but I just wanted to say good morning to those here, before running out the door for errands and some work.

And now I have to leave.  :(

MBarnum

« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2006, 08:34:03 AM »

Media Check:

DVD:
Something from Universal's sci-fi classics that came out this week. Perhaps MONOLITH MONSTERS or THE MOLE PEOPLE

DVR:
I don't know, but there is a LOT to choose from!

CD:
CD of an Indian pop band called MANTRA

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2006, 08:50:50 AM »

I will let you know, DRMBARNUM.

There is college football on Saturday night this week, DRMATTH....so I guess the rerun of EARL and OFFICE will not be on.   I will catch them when they are rerun in November....if NOT before.

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2006, 09:07:06 AM »

Got this from my Dad this morning. I thought it was cute.

Subject: pet rules

To be posted VERY LOW on the refrigerator door - nose height.

Dear Dogs and Cats,

The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food.  Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object.  Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed.  I am very sorry about this.  Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort.  Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep.  It is not necessary to sleep  perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible.  I also know that sticking tails straight out and having
tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom.  If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open.  I must exit through the same door I entered.  Also, I
have been using the bathroom for years --canine or feline attendance is not required

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I  cannot stress this enough!

To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our front door:

To All  Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets:

1. They live here.  You don't.
2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.  (That's why they call it "fur"niture.)
3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
4. To you, it's an animal.  To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

Remember: Dogs and cats are better than kids because they:
 1. Eat less
 2. Don't ask for money all the time
 3 Are easier to train
 4. Normally come when called
 5. Never ask to drive the car
 6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends
 7. Don't smoke or drink
 8. Don't have to buy the latest fashions
 9. Don't want to wear your clothes
 10. Don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and...
 11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2006, 09:09:22 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - I won't be jogging until after breakfast, unless I really get some energy.

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2006, 09:21:37 AM »

LOL Cillaliz! Those pet postings are great!

MBarnum

« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2006, 09:22:34 AM »

Added to my media check, since I have been listening to it all morning: The soundtrack to the 1950s sci-f film WORLD WITHOUT END, courtesy of JRand56...the music is much better then the movie!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2006, 09:24:45 AM »

Good morning, all.

Well, I dozed a bit, but not enough to call it a nap... Finally just gave up around 6:45 and got up to start the day.

CILLALIZ!!! You GOTTA do the audition!!! YES!!!

Today is a busy day - heading out to Cal State LA (That's WAAAAYYY downtown, BEYOND downtown...) to have some GED - endowed "counseler" - than whom I have socks older - peruse my transcripts from the late '60's and early '70's and tell me what classes I'd need to complete a BA in Music... mind you, I have languages (Italian and Russian) in there... I have a year and a half of LACC Theater Arts classes, I have 4 years of Juilliard classes, with mostly A's in there... but NO General Ed classes AT ALL. I think I could probably test out of Freshman English. No use speculating - I'll get the info soon. I'm guessing it'll be two very packed quarters, and I'm done with it. All while I'm doing this first year of my Masters...

Well, you know what they call the person who graduates at the bottom of his med school class... DOCTOR.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2006, 09:31:13 AM »

This evening is a family get-together at my sister Tami's house (she was in BK's class at Pasteur Jr. Hi and Hamilton Hi) for Rosh Hashanah. I'm bringing asparagus. Tami and her husband, their son and daughter-in-law and HER parents, my sister Rikki and her son and daughter-in-law, and me. Maybe a few "orphans"... Rikki's daughter is working on a film and they are in actual filming right now - so she won't be coming. AND - my brother Mike is married to a shiksa, and their kids wear little gold crosses around their necks... guess who won't be coming to the JEWISH New Year festivities...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2006, 09:36:49 AM »

And it is a lovely day here at the marina! Gosh, whatta gawjus place! love this condo!!!

I'm working on the changes Bruce and I discussed last night - pretty enthusiastic about this, I tell ya! It's going well - it's basically writing itself now! Wish I had a CD of the songs already!!! I'd make preliminary lead sheets and write-in some dummy harmonies for the duet and ensemble stuff, finagle some of the tunes for underscoring. Music up... CURTAIN!Golleeeee!!! I feel a new rush of inspiration for this piece that I had been BORED NEARLY TO DEATH over... Huzzah! I say, HUZZAH!!
PennyO

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2006, 09:36:52 AM »

In Defense of vixmom

Yesterday DW BK chided my dear vixmom for her absence from this here website.

The day before yesterday DW BK chided me for my failure to order his dirty book with the luuuurid cover.

I forthwith ordered his book.

Thus I have some personal experience with being chided and with egregious absence from this here site.

In defense of vixmom, I would like to point out that she is extremely overworked at her new job.  Oh yes, she is.  At her old job she often had to wait for hours during the day for papers to arrive so that she might do her work, and then she would slave into the night.  This waiting time allowed her the luxury of reading and posting frequently on this here site.

At her present job, she is having last-minute work pushed at her at every moment of the day--and still must slave into the night.  Thus, she has much less time to devote to the important things of life such as this here site.

I, of course, am a teacher, so I have no excuse, since my day consists of nothing but leisure time.   :-\

I will assure you, however, that haineshisway dot com is constantly in vixmom's thoughts, and when I speak with her she talks about the hainsey/kimlets and also about the kimlet/hainseys in the most glowing of terms.

I will also point out that she has been seeing our local hainsey/kimlets and also our local kimlet/hainesys at every opportunity, viz. last Saturday, viz. this coming Saturday, viz. the following Saturday will probably be out least vixdad innitiate divorce proceedings naming haineshisway dot com as correspondent for alienation of affections.

So, my dear old DW BK, chide away!  Chide away!  We can take it!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 12:55:19 PM by William F. Orr »
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2006, 10:10:12 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

Well, I meant to get up before Noon, but, alas, I did not.  But I'm here...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2006, 10:11:40 AM »

DR George - I had forgotten that Shoshana took over the Wicked tour after Julia Murney left.  I think it's great that she's been able to play her hometown.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2006, 10:12:52 AM »

Wishing a great vacation to Michael S!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2006, 10:24:14 AM »

As for the Friday Media Check...

Lo and behold, I actually listened and watched some Media!

CD (via iPod Shuffle):
Debbie Gravitte - "Defying Gravity"
Marin Mazzie & Jason Daniely - "Opposite You"
Candide - OCR, 1974 Cast
[title of show] - OCR
"Jule Styne in Hollywood"
The Bens - "The Bens" (EP)
Beethoven - Diabelli Variations, Alfred Brendel (pianist)
Billy Elliott - OCR

DVD:
The Skin of Our Teeth - The Old Globe/PBS/American Playhouse/Broadway Theatre Archive version.  It's so nice to finally able to watch this again - I wore out my VHS dub of it years ago.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up