Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING  (Read 24061 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
« on: September 22, 2006, 12:37:45 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were pithy and tart, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently working their way through the entire ouevre of Stephen King.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 12:26:00 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 12:39:02 AM »

And the word of the day is: SYNDESIS!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 12:40:25 AM »

And a very happy haineshisway.com birthday to mrkdl, whomever they may be.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 12:54:13 AM »

Good day... Will endeavour this day to get caught up on posts...

Media Check and this could change as the day progresses...

DVD: Goodfellas
VHS: Roots
CD:   CHieftains: Celtic Harp; Robert Clary, Michael Collins soundtrack
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 12:57:50 AM »

To recap:  Wicked was wonderful!!

That is all! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 01:04:41 AM »

I forgot to mention the one scene that is The Dead Zone's only mis-step, and it's a biggie.  

SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FILM

Most everything in The Dead Zone is seen from the perspective of the film's protagonist, Johnny Smith.  I'd have to back and watch with that in mind, but I think I'm right - there is only one scene in the film that departs from that - and it's the mis-step I speak of.  It's the scene where Martin Sheen as Senator-wannabe Greg Stillson, and his henchman pay a visit to a newspaper man - it shows Stillson to be an evil sob.  The scene is bad, and it tips the hand of Stillson long before it should (without the scene, the moment where Johnny shakes his hand and sees the future would be far more shocking and surprising).  The scene doesn't really hurt the film as a whole, but if you just skip past it, the film works so much better.

George

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 01:06:30 AM »

In my CD player:  the Brazilian cast recording of Side by Side by Sondheim called, Lado a Lado com Sondheim!  A friend of mine bought this for me as payment for making some CDs of audio clips of interviews with Elliott Yamin from "American Idol."  I wanted to listen to the OBC of Wicked, but it's packed away in storage.

In my VCR:  shows that I taped tonight, "Grey's Anatomy" and something else that I can't rememeber. ::)

In my DVD player:  Netflix movies that I've had way too long and I need to watch...hopefully, this weekend.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 01:07:55 AM »

Belated birthday greetings to DR Elmore!!

I hope you had a lovely day...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 01:08:56 AM »

I am checking some DVDs from the NDSU library to see if they can be salvaged. If they work on my player they just might be salvageable... I get the Godfather tomorrow... That should be fun.

George

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 01:22:51 AM »

Oh, I almost forgot.  Before the show, 12 of us (driving in four different cars) all met at The Cheesecake Factory.  I'd never eaten there, although, my sister has brought me back some of their cheescakes...and they were totally yummilicious! :)

George

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 01:24:28 AM »

Anyway, everyone had something different and most everyone loved what they got.  Two people had breakfasts and for as fancy (and expensive) a restaurant as The Cheesecake Factory is, they were very, very plain breakfasts.  One person got just plain scrambled eggs with plain fried potatoes with plain (but large and homemade) English muffin.  That's it!  Nothing was mixed in with the fried potatoes.  Nothing was mixed in with the eggs.  Nothing was on the English muffin!  The two weren't entirely satisfied. :-\

George

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 01:24:47 AM »

I had the orange chicken with rice and vegetables.  But I didn't have the vegetables...I substituted mashed potatoes for the vegetables.  Everything was very good.  I ate much too much and I didn't even eat it all!  I brought back some of the rice and half of the orange chicken!  I did eat all of the potatoes, though. ;) For dessert, I had a slice of chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake.  It was a lot less thick than I would've thought, but it was totally yummy!  I saved a little bit of that and just finished it (at almost 1:30 in the morning...just before I go to bed ::)).  It was worth it!  Both times. :D

« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 01:28:49 AM by George »

George

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 01:25:01 AM »

We parked one block away from the theater and the restaurant was one block away from the parking, so after dinner, the couple of us who took food home were able to put it in the car on the way to the theater!  That was VERY convenient. ;D

George

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 01:25:30 AM »

And that was my dinner experience at The Cheesecake Factory in Seattle, just before going to the theater! ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 01:27:03 AM »

I remember the Cheesecake factory from when I visited the city some years ago...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 01:27:39 AM »

When do you move into your new flat George?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2006, 01:28:02 AM »

Welcome DR Edisaurus!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 01:29:11 AM »

Catching up on notes... In the middlle of the tootsie roll thread... Some very interesting candybar names in that thread...

Anyone remember Astro pops? Ketchup potato Chips?

Wacky WAfers?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 01:29:59 AM »

http://www.hometownfavorites.com

This site has a lot of old candies both hard and candy bars...

George

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2006, 01:30:48 AM »

When do you move into your new flat George?

Well, I close on October 2nd (unless something horrible happens ::)), so I'm officially supposed to be able to take possession then! ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2006, 01:31:26 AM »

Jane, they recently had program here on the public telly where Leif Enger was doing a reading and general musings. I actually attended the recording of it a couple of weeks ago. IT was fun. He is a very interesting person. Watch next year your bookshelf -- hopefully!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2006, 01:33:05 AM »

Well, I close on October 2nd (unless something horrible happens ::)), so I'm officially supposed to be able to take possession then! ;D

HOoray..

Dont forget to put a horseshoe above the door!

George

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2006, 01:33:31 AM »

Okay, it's time for me to hit the hay...and the hay deserves to be hit! ;)

Good night, DakotaCelt!  Sleep well!

George

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2006, 01:34:25 AM »

HOoray..

Dont forget to put a horseshoe above the door!

I suppose I'll have to get one first. :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2006, 01:42:39 AM »

Okay, it's time for me to hit the hay...and the hay deserves to be hit! ;)

Good night, DakotaCelt!  Sleep well!

Dont beat it too hard or we will have to have you accosted for harrassing the hay! ;-)

Pleasant dreams...

Back to to the last two threads...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2006, 01:43:36 AM »

Cilla, Glad to hear that Boo and Callie are getting along better.

Jane, congrats on bringing your new baby home.. I hope he give you lot of happy, wet kisses!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2006, 02:10:40 AM »

Wednesday's topic of celebrities that would go away:

Michael Jackson!!
Jessica Simpson
Tom Cruise
Justin Timberlake
Rachel Ray
Jerry Springer
GEorge Bush
Deidre Hall  -- I met her once years ago at an event my cousin who wanted to go to and I felt she was incredibly rude for giving us a tongue lashing for accidently bumping into her despite our apologies. Needless to say, I was not impressed with her.

However Pamela Anderson Lee and Anna Nicole Smith irriate me to no end and they could fly the coop also. Matt even worked with Pamela once.. She appeared on a couple of eppies of Days back in the early 90s.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 02:17:02 AM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2006, 02:10:59 AM »

Nice Avvie Ben!!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2006, 02:16:11 AM »

Thank you, Francois and DakotaCelt, for yesterday's birthday greetings.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2006, 02:22:05 AM »

VAcation vibes to Michael S...

Have fun...

ON another board there is a gal from Prague was telling us how beautiful it is and she even shared photographs... Check out the astronomical clock. It is fascinating!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up