Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: START SPREADIN' THE NEWS  (Read 23232 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:START SPREADIN' THE NEWS
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2006, 01:17:24 PM »

Der Brucer, my favorite picture of Matt....

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2006, 01:19:02 PM »

Here's your pin-up!
der Brucer

Yes, that's the picture! Wow...he's a Kimmlet?

He looks like he has the perfect attitude to be a great Officer Lockstock!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2006, 01:19:19 PM »

I see Matt has topped page 5

I also adore Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Edisaurus

« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2006, 01:20:40 PM »

Der Brucer, my favorite picture of Matt....

Wonder if I could get a cheap flight to LA. Hmmmmm...my husband will be out there working this weekend!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2006, 01:20:49 PM »

Yes, that's the picture! Wow...he's a Kimmlet?

He looks like he has the perfect attitude to be a great Officer Lockstock!

Yes, he does. He was also in Deceit, a play written by Bruce Kimmel. Both Bruce and Matt handed in stunning performances.

He was played a serial killer, Stephen Haver, on One Live to Live. He was sexy and creepy at the same time.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2006, 01:21:44 PM »

Wonder if I could get a cheap flight to LA. Hmmmmm...my husband will be out there working this weekend!

I would love to see Matt perform live someday. He is a very talented actor and I have watched his work for years.

Edisaurus

« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2006, 01:23:59 PM »

I also adore Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth....

I will give you Sean and Pierce, if you stay away from Colin. I also have dibs on Ralph Fiennes...oh yes...

;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2006, 01:26:19 PM »

I will give you Sean and Pierce, if you stay away from Colin. I also have dibs on Ralph Fiennes...oh yes...

;)

Perhaps we can negotiate.... :)

Edisaurus

« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2006, 01:31:01 PM »

Perhaps we can negotiate.... :)

I think Cillaliz has the power and experience to award custody. I will rely on her impartial and professional judgement. (And I'm surprised she has to work on Sunday, too!)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2006, 01:40:09 PM »

Yesteray, Edisaurus wrote about her name:
I think every dentist, soda jerk and garbageman knew that song, and wasn't shy about singing it to me. I had a brief respite in the 70's between generations whne people forgot about the Loesser song, until Pure Prairie League came out with their song: "Amy (Whatcha Gonna Do)" and then it started all over again!

And don't forget about Sondheim's "Multitude of Amys" (even though it's a fairly obscure song). ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2006, 01:40:54 PM »

My sister needs me to help with some stuff outside.  I'm staying logged in, but I'm not really here. ::)

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #131 on: September 24, 2006, 01:45:51 PM »

For Matt:

The opening sequences of CSI on Thursday (Cirque du Soleil, empty theatre, Vegas night-scape) were some of the best uses of network HDTV I've seen yet.

You're right. The combination of that video resolution and the surround sound was quite an experience! (The Cirque scenes went on too long, I felt, in order to pad the episode, but they were certainly a blast to watch in HD.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #132 on: September 24, 2006, 01:50:28 PM »

Good afternoon!

We never got the rain they forecast. Perhaps it will come tonight, but it did cloud up for awhile. We just never got any rain. Back to partially blue skies now and very humid outside.

Matt H.

« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2006, 01:56:42 PM »

I began my afternoon with THE MOON-SPINNERS. It's a tiny bit too long, but there are lots of adventures and intrigue to spare in the film. I'm sure I saw bits and pieces of it on THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF COLOR many years ago, but I had no memory of it. I saw most Disney films in the theater back during those years, but I don't think I saw this one.

Yes, Disney shamefully presented the DVD in full frame rather than doing an anamorphic 1.66:1 (MARY POPPINS) or 1.75:1 (like SUMMER MAGIC) transfer of some other films from that same period. Even so, it looked very good in rich Technicolor. I had the TV reframe the image, and it fit the 1.78:1 ratio of the widescreen TV perfectly. It was a fun yarn to start Sunday afternoon.

Matt H.

« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2006, 01:59:39 PM »

I did have some phone calls interrupt the afternoon, but I managed to watch two episodes of GREY'S ANATOMY from the second disc in the boxed set.

The first I had seen: the infamous episode with the train wreck casulties featuring the pole impailing two people at the same time. The first time I saw the episode I cried at what was happening (while also laughing at Christina's tribulations trying to find the severed leg). This time around, without the benefit of commercials to help bring someone back to reality, I cried profusely. What a beautifully written, heartrending episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2006, 02:00:43 PM »

The second one on the disc I hadn't seen: the one with the "pregnant" man. Another wonderful episode mixed with deep emotion and hearty laughs, and a kiss to end the episode that was swoon-worthy.

It's a great show.

Matt H.

« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2006, 02:01:59 PM »

That second episode also helped explain the bond between George and Burke (the heart on fire in the OR) which I had never seen a valid explanation for in any episodes I had watched.

Edisaurus

« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2006, 02:02:40 PM »

Yesteray, Edisaurus wrote about her name:And don't forget about Sondheim's "Multitude of Amys" (even though it's a fairly obscure song). ;)

DR George, I know that one, too. I have a recording of Mandy Patinkin doing that one. Occasioinally for a multitude of Amys, when I've taken on too many projects!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2006, 02:07:45 PM »

I'm here in New York, New York, safe and sound.  The flight was excellent.  There was a LOT of traffic coming in from Newark - took about fifty minutes to get to the hotel.

This hotel will be a challenge - the room is a "double" - it's basically the size of a large walk-in closet with a bed.  No dresser, but it does have high-speed Internet and a stall shower.  Not quite as small as the Paramount, but not exactly a room for a claustrophobic either.  Well, I shall now unpack and then go out and buy some toiletries and maybe a pair of jogging shoes.

Ginny

« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2006, 02:09:58 PM »

Hi, BK - glad to see you've arrived safely in NYC!  I've been watching the Kevin Spirtas DVD and now I'm listening to the commentary.  Is he touring with the show?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2006, 02:11:09 PM »

I think Cillaliz has the power and experience to award custody. I will rely on her impartial and professional judgement. (And I'm surprised she has to work on Sunday, too!)

She could award Jonathan Pryce to me while she's at it!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2006, 02:12:33 PM »

I am at work right now...

Hmmm, perhaps "Judge" Cilla can judicate!

Matt H.

« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2006, 02:25:13 PM »

Have to go clean my bath now. Then, will read more about Eileen Heckart, and then resume TV watching.

WBBL.

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2006, 02:30:43 PM »

Sorry gang, I'm not a judge and never want to be. I'd rather fight for the little guy than be the one who has to decide custody battles....yuck! I used to do divorces, worst kind of practice to have.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 02:31:11 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2006, 02:34:55 PM »

Dr Edisaurus, I don't work every weekend. But when I have many motions and briefs to do or when, as in this case, the issue isn't crystal clear but my gut tells me that what they did was just plain wrong, I need some time when I'm uninterrupted by phone calls etc.  It's easiest to get that on the weekends.   I do have all day tomorrow to finish this, so now that I'm pretty clear on the case law and how I need to do this, I may just outline it and do the writing tomorrow.

I have managed to get a couple loads of laundry done and put a pork roast in the oven...it's starting to smell really good...so it hasn't been all work today

George

« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2006, 02:35:55 PM »

I thought bad batteries "chirped" not howled!

(Altho the batteries are a few years old)

der Brucer

"They" used to say that fire/smoke alarm batteries should be changed twice a year...at the beginning of Daylight Saving Time and then at the end of Daylight Saving Time, but that's not going to work anymore.  Starting next year, DST starts three weeks earlier than before (in the middle of March instead of the beginning of April) and ends a week later (the first weekend of November instead of the last weekend of October).  So that means that we now will have about four months of "real" time and eight months of Daylight Saving Time!  That's not a good schedule for changing batteries. :-\

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2006, 02:36:26 PM »

BK, glad you made it to NYC ok. Have a great time there.

George

« Reply #147 on: September 24, 2006, 02:37:51 PM »

According to THIS website:

On August 8, 2005, President George W. Bush signed the Energy Policy Act of 2005. This Act changed the time change dates for Daylight Saving Time in the U.S. Beginning in 2007, DST will begin on the second Sunday of March and end the first Sunday of November. The Secretary of Energy will report the impact of this change to Congress. Congress retains the right to revert the Daylight Saving Time back to the 2005 time schedule once the Department of Energy study is complete.

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: September 24, 2006, 02:38:58 PM »

"They" used to say that fire/smoke alarm batteries should be changed twice a year...at the beginning of Daylight Saving Time and then at the end of Daylight Saving Time, but that's not going to work anymore.  Starting next year, DST starts three weeks earlier than before (in the middle of March instead of the beginning of April) and ends a week later (the first weekend of November instead of the last weekend of October).  So that means that we now will have about four months of "real" time and eight months of Daylight Saving Time!  That's not a good schedule for changing batteries. :-\

Well you could pick the Equinoxes or the Solstices as the time to change them.  Or how about New Years and the 4th of July. Not perfect, but close

George

« Reply #149 on: September 24, 2006, 02:39:38 PM »

Those would work!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up