Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT!  (Read 18298 times)

Ben

Re:FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT!
« Reply #180 on: September 30, 2006, 08:13:04 PM »

I had a great time at Joe Allen's tonight. I sat between Antonia (TPunk) and Kevin Spirtas. We had great conversation and company. I'm beat and will soon retire but I did get to see the wonderful physical copy of (Bruce's baby) "How to Write a Dirty Book" It looks wonderfully period. That woman on the cover has the biggest bazooms I've ever seen. Of course, in my lifetime I have seen very few bazooms, being what I am, after all.

On that note I shall retire to the warmth of the blue comforter and Mr. Morelli.

Good night all!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #181 on: September 30, 2006, 08:14:18 PM »

FInished the remainderof THE WILD WILD WEST episode I had started with Michael Dunn.

Interesting that the actor who played the deaf mute in the episode was actually Robert Conrad's real-life father. Certainly could see a resemblance.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ginny

« Reply #182 on: September 30, 2006, 08:17:00 PM »

Thanks to BK and DRs Elmore and Ben for the reports on tonight's festivities.

With a final score of Michigan 28, Minnesota 14, the Brown Jug returns to Ann Arbor where it belongs.

'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #183 on: September 30, 2006, 08:18:48 PM »

Glad the performances of STARFIGHTER were so successful. Hope it can move on to the next level - a Broadway mounting! FIngers crossed for that!

Matt H.

« Reply #184 on: September 30, 2006, 08:21:43 PM »

Next I put on THE DEAD ZONE. This is not the recent issue of the film on DVD but the first issue. The transfers had a few speckles of dirt but in the main was solid, colorful, very well done. (I believe BK mentioned a week or two ago that the new version most likely used the same transfer. No reason not to really. It was very good.)

I saw this film at the movies when it first came out, and I'm not sure I had ever seen it again in the meantime. I had forgotten SO much. Didn't even remember that Martin Sheen was in it much less one of the most important characters. Wow!

Matt H.

« Reply #185 on: September 30, 2006, 08:24:01 PM »

With about thirty minutes left in my evening, I put in THERE'S NO BUSINESS LIKE SHOW BUSINESS.

Even though this transfer is now several years old, it is spectacular with really sharp focus and dazzling color. All of the costumes in the "Alexander's Ragtime Band" marathon number are just eye-popping.

Matt H.

« Reply #186 on: September 30, 2006, 08:24:43 PM »

My line-up for tomorrow:

THE OFFICE
TARANTULA!
LAW & ORDER

Matt H.

« Reply #187 on: September 30, 2006, 08:36:42 PM »

Well, it's been a very long day so I'm off to bed.

Good night!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #188 on: September 30, 2006, 08:38:39 PM »

Good Evening!

Glad to hear that the The Last Starfighter readings went well, and that the gathering at Joe Allen was mirth filled.  I really wish I could have made it back up there today for both events.  Thanks to bk and all the DRs for their on-the-spot reports.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #189 on: September 30, 2006, 08:39:25 PM »

Hmmm... Watching the season premiere of "Saturday Night Live"... Dane Cook has nice arms.  :P
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #190 on: September 30, 2006, 08:49:35 PM »

In other news...

After running some errands, I met my friend, Andy, and we headed out for dinner and a movie.  For dinner, we ended up at Gordon-Biersch.  Since Gordon-Biersch is famous for their Garlic Fries, we had their Garlic Fries for an appetizer..  YUM!  And the Jagerschnitzel was surprisingly tasty.  -Yes, it's Oktoberfest time.

Then we went to the movies.  "Flyboys".  A good movie, not a great movie.  And about 20-30 minutes too long.  It's a movie "inspired" by the real story of Americans heading over to France to join the French air force during WWI before the US had entered the war.  Lots of French countryside.  Lots of flying sequences... Alas, since most of the flying sequences were battle scenes, most of it was done with CGI... So... And there was a lot of CGI...  A lot.  Which, if you can't tell by now, sort of turned me off.  Some of the computer graphics were good, and there weren't any really obvious computer-generated, but still...   I'm not expecting filmmakers to go ahead and recreate sopwiths, zeppelins, etc., and blow them up...  However... Andy liked the movie.  So...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up