Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT!  (Read 18300 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT!
« on: September 29, 2006, 09:21:40 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had great dancing, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're doing their own version of A Cowrus Line.  Currently doing The Moosic and The Mooror.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 08:53:48 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 09:24:27 PM »

And the word of the day is: REDIVIVIS!

FJL

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 09:34:43 PM »

Oh wow, this may be the last time in a long time I get to do it, but I'm the first post after BK!  Bodes well for the day.

FJL

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 09:36:28 PM »

Bruce, should you try to book that king-size room for your Oct. 20-something trip to NYC, or are you basically done for good with that hotel?

FJL

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 09:38:09 PM »

Luckily, there will be two people helping out with the STARFIGHTER house tomorrow, so I'll be able to actually watch the first act, which I wasn't able to do today.

FJL

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 09:39:12 PM »

If there were bulls involved instead of cows, would that be A TAURUS LINE?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 09:57:12 PM »

Good Evening!  Good Morning!

Ah... The MTC rehearsal space.  Yep, that's one big sound hole.  Auditions in there are deadly!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 09:58:47 PM »

bk - Well... I believe I'm seeing A Chorus Line next week myself, so...  I'll leave my comments - and "suspicions" until then.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 10:01:49 PM »

OOh... bk and[/b] Kevin Spirtas at Joe Allen!  Hmm.. Maybe I will head up tomorrow afternoon... Although, with everything I have to get done tomorrow... Hmm...  What time would the gathering be at Joe Allen?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 10:14:47 PM »

Well, I'm definitely quite sleepy and tired now, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 11:11:09 PM »

Man was I confused last night when I logged on and so no posts for the whole day. Now I see what is going on.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 11:13:35 PM »

It was great meeting Tomovoz last week, truly a hilarious guy. Much fun was had, seeing Vixmom and the Vixter, plus Ben, Ant, Elmore, WFO, Jose... All people who make this site the best in the biz.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 11:18:19 PM »

Tonight, TPunk and I were at New York City Center for an amazing evening, a program they have called FALL FOR DANCE, which has 10 evenings featuring 5-6 different dance companies each night. Tonight's was just unbelievable. Dutch National Ballet, Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane, Pennsylvania Ballet... all were really remarkable. And totally different from each other.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 11:20:07 PM »

Tomorrow, THE LAST STARFIGHTER and HHW gathering. I had a chance to see A CHORUS LINE tomorrow, but am more interested in the STARFIGHTER!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2006, 11:29:56 PM »

Here's something I did recently. For those who want to hear the sound of TPunk singing and Rodzinski's sad attempt at rap, check out the youtube link below.

The background: a marketing company that a fellow I know works for (called Maloney and Fox) was having a contest to take their jingle and re-do it and shoot a video for it and upload to youtube. So I figured it was worth a shot. I think it is certainly as good as the other entries I saw on there, so we shall see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOC41PFnj_Q
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 11:30:44 PM by Rodzinski »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 04:23:20 AM »

And the word of the day is: REDIVIVIS!
Huh?

Methinks the spelling is off, and should instead be REDIVIVUS.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 04:27:12 AM »

Casey would waltz
With a strawberry blonde
And the band, which had been playing in tempi devised by Marvin Hamlisch, found REDIVIVUS inspiration in the dancing.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

FJL

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2006, 04:27:43 AM »

Jose - Darn it, please please please (that's three pleases) decide already about Joe Allen's.  We seem to be at a real maximum number of people for our table before counting you, so if you're coming, it will require a different set-up, so please CALL me once you know.  (Don't email or put it on HHW, i most likely won't have computer access after 4 pm.)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2006, 04:32:41 AM »

If there were bulls involved instead of cows, would that be A TAURUS LINE?
For the unusual staging at the Clowes Memorial Hall in Indianapolis, IN, it was retitled A Car-us Line.  Marvin Hamlisch would not have approved - the tempi used were all speedway.

FJL

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2006, 04:38:21 AM »

As for the MTC rehearsal space, whatever Bk and  the actors were doing yesterday seemed to compensate, as far as the hearing and connection in the audience area was concerned.  But Larry has a better sense of such things than me, so maybe he'll comment on that, hopefully after the readings today are over.  As far as some "non-theater" people I spoke to who saw it yesterday were concerned, they felt they heard everything clearly and with a certain immediacy that you don't get in many other rooms of comprable rental cost.  So there are trade-offs.  And that's what I'm talkin' about, given that we have two more readings in that space today :) , and that's what we have to work with.

As far as the temperature in the room, however....

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2006, 04:40:12 AM »

Little Orphan Annie's REDIVIVUS dreams of her family may have been only dreams, but they were SURE VIVID!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2006, 04:41:52 AM »

...As far as the temperature in the room, however....
Chilly?  Ovenish?  Stale?  (Wait, that last isn't a temp thing, it's just getting the air conditioning running, or at least opening a window...)

FJL

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2006, 04:42:18 AM »

Rodzinski - You could definitely see a matinee of CHORUS LINE at 2 and then get to our reading (two blocks away) in plenty of time.

Looking forward to seeing you and TPunk.

Ben

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2006, 04:48:18 AM »

Boogie Down Rod and T  ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2006, 04:50:58 AM »

Oh, the fun of watching Doctor Who!

Der Brucer decided to record his shows, and watch the season opener with me.  Since I was getting dinner on the table, I wasn't able to concentrate on some of what was happening during the first part of the show as much as I would have liked, but the show was fun and the food tasty.

Tennant somehow reminded me of Martin Short, only taller.  And smarter.  And sexier.  He'll make a good Doctor.

Adding to the fun was spotting Daniel Evans in the cast, as astroscientist Danny Llewellyn.  And yes, everyone here should know who Daniel Evans is.  He's the George on the London Cast Recording of Sunday In the Park with George.  This ep of DW was filmed in the summer of 2005, just before Evans took on playing George.  Too bad the character of Llewellyn was killed, but that happens a lot in DW.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2006, 04:55:33 AM »

Unfortunately, der Brucer botched recording Doctor Who last night.  He thought he could record two shows at once, and found out too late that he was wrong.

He has promised that he will record it sometime this week, when it is shown during the daytime.

And we're both p*$$ed at SciFi, for scrunching the end titles in order to show previews of other attractions.  We're both end titles fans, and will stay in a movie theater to watch them even as everyone else walks out.  (We haven't yet cried out "DOWN IN FRONT!!!" at the walkers between us and the screen, but we've been tempted!)  Scrunching the titles is a deplorable habit, and should be stopped.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2006, 04:57:01 AM »

Broken leg vibage to all our Starfighters!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2006, 05:04:15 AM »

It was great meeting Tomovoz last week, truly a hilarious guy. Much fun was had, seeing Vixmom and the Vixter, plus Ben, Ant, Elmore, WFO, Jose... All people who make this site the best in the biz.

Well not ALL .... surely.  8)
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2006, 05:04:57 AM »

Liked the YOUTUBE viddy, DR RODZINSKI.  Didn't check any of the others, but I thought yours was velly crever.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

FJL

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2006, 05:05:27 AM »

Just heard that one person who was going to come to Joe Allen's is now not coming, so Jose - you're free to be as indecisive as you want, unless Bruce invites even more people  (But seriously, let me know once you know.)  I can see the coverage now:  An HHW event so big it had to be spread over two tables.  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up